Xbox One and 360 best selling consoles NPD! VICTORY!

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

For EACH GENERATION. That means Xbox one beat PS4/Wiiu and Xbox 360 beat PS3/Wii

From Larry Hyrb

908k (Xbox One) and 643k (Xbox 360)

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/423956732679684096

#2 Edited by BattlefieldFan3 (341 posts) -

Not >1.2 million, meaning 3 million units = shipped, not sold-through.

#3 Edited by chikenfriedrice (9666 posts) -

Major Nelson will not work for these folks

Nice numbers none the less

#4 Edited by super600 (30084 posts) -

Congrats to MS and now lets see the PS4's NDP numbers.So that means according to your other NDP thread that the PS4 only sold 454K in the US in december.

#5 Edited by MonsieurX (29142 posts) -

inb4 cows circle jerk

#6 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3595 posts) -

@Jakandsigz: so ps4 is still in the lead in the states? hahhaa i knew it

#7 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Not it means that the Xbox sold outside of the U.S. over a million. Which makes sense when MS announced a million only 15 hours after the NA release which was LAST from all the other countries. Add a bit more from the last 2 months along with the NA numbers.

#8 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Where is this DC even coming from? The whole things is about December not derall sales? What are you doing?

#9 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2673 posts) -

Strong numbers, I'm just happy the X1 is successful, and this is just the beginning as there are tons of great games coming out this year. Any way to view all NPD numbers on their website? I was there now but couldn't find anything, I seem to remember them making the data available on their website but at one point they stopped doing that I think.

#10 Edited by BattlefieldFan3 (341 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

Not it means that the Xbox sold outside of the U.S. over a million. Which makes sense when MS announced a million only 15 hours after the NA release which was LAST from all the other countries. Add a bit more from the last 2 months along with the NA numbers.

BWWAHAHAHA...

The Xbone is dead everywhere. ~20k sales in Spain. 100k in Germany. A few couple thousand in Brazil. They lost a ton of marketshare in the UK. The numbers don't add up.

#11 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3595 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Where is this DC even coming from? The whole things is about December not derall sales? What are you doing?

december would be close but i thought ps4 will have slight lead, my main bet was with kuu2 who said x1 will have sold more in states than ps4 in 2014. so yes i was wrong about npd but will own kuu2 haha

#12 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

BWWAHAHAHA...

The Xbone is dead everywhere. ~20k sales in Spain. 100k in Germany. A few couple thousand in Brazil. They lost a ton of marketshare in the UK. The numbers don't add up.

13 countries.

MS factually announced one million uits the day of the NA launch before NA even started massively buying the console on launch day. It's the common sense you don't have BFfan.

#13 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149958 posts) -

LOL who is Larry? TC you keep reaching. Twitter...hahahaha

#14 Edited by M8ingSeezun (1966 posts) -

Good for them. Competition is healthy for the industry.

I'm still not interested in an X1, though.

#15 Posted by freedomfreak (38636 posts) -

Director of programming for XBL. It's not some random guy.

#16 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149958 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

Director of programming for XBL. It's not some random guy.

Who doesn't have figures from other companies...so thread is still illogical.

#17 Posted by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

Never heard of Major Nelson? Well since you were in the other thread I think you do.

#18 Edited by BattlefieldFan3 (341 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

BWWAHAHAHA...

13 countries.

MS factually announced one million uits the day of the NA launch before NA even started massively buying the console on launch day. It's the common sense you don't have BFfan.

You're an idiot. Germany, Brazil and UK are the 3 largest console markets after the US. In order for 1.2 million units outside of the US to stand, you're implying that EVERY non-US country had average sales of 100k units, is that right?

Because 12 X 100,000 = 1.2 million

You're implying that the Xbone sold 100k each in France, Spain, Canada, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Austria, Ireland, and Italy when we know the console marketshare in all those countries are far less than Germany's, where the Xbone sold 100k in December.

And we already have data from some of these markets. France, Brazil, Spain. In each of these markets, the Xbone sells less than 20,000 per month. It's 4-digits for Brazil, so unless the Xbone sold 300k in the other markets to balance out the low numbers sold in those 3 markets, which we know is preposterous since those markets are far smaller than Germany's, the 3 million sold-through numbers are false.

#19 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149958 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

Never heard of Major Nelson? Well since you were in the other thread I think you do.

He still doesn't know the entire industry....and notice how he lumped the 360 in? That means stand alone sales definitely aren't that high. Read between the lines dude....

#20 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3595 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

He still doesn't know the entire industry....and notice how he lumped the 360 in? That means stand alone sales definitely aren't that high. Read between the lines dude....

all npd numbers are made access to all companies. it is up to the companies to disclose them to the public so xbox division will have access to ps4 numbers, they just cant tell the public what they are.

#22 Posted by TwistedShade (3137 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

#23 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149958 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

all npd numbers are made access to all companies. it is up to the companies to disclose them to the public so xbox division will have access to ps4 numbers, they just cant tell the public what they are.

And he included 360 numbers. Which means it took two consoles to beat....if it did....the PS4. Not the X1. You guys all drink the kool aid so quickly.

#24 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

And he included 360 numbers. Which means it took two consoles to beat....if it did....the PS4. Not the X1. You guys all drink the kool aid so quickly.

He mentioned TWO DIFFERENT NUMBERS YOU POOR CHILD!

#25 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149958 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

He mentioned nothing of substance or I'm sure you'd have posted them.

#26 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149958 posts) -
@TwistedShade said:

LOL you must be the one who is butt hurt. I don't have any 8th gen console. I have all the Nintendo, Sony, and MS consoles otherwise.

#27 Posted by lostrib (32942 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

He mentioned nothing of substance or I'm sure you'd have posted them.

His tweet says that they were the best selling consoles for each generation (in the US for Dec). Meaning 360 outsold ps3 and x1 outsold ps4

#28 Posted by Evo_nine (1592 posts) -

US is the only market that matters, so looks like x1 will win this generation after a fizzled out love affair with the ps4.

I feel sorry for the suckers that bought into the sony ps4 hype, now they will miss out on titanfall.

#29 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

PS4 still in the lead, victory denied OP.

#30 Posted by TwistedShade (3137 posts) -
@TwistedShade said:

LOL you must be the one who is butt hurt. I don't have any 8th gen console. I have all the Nintendo, Sony, and MS consoles otherwise.

"LOL who is Larry? TC you keep reaching. Twitter...hahahaha"

Definitely doesn't sound butthurt to me. Go cry me a river

#31 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149958 posts) -

@lostrib:

I'm finding that hard to believe TBH. Then again I'm skeptical of anything coming out of business. Never believe the ads either. Marketing BS is just that.

#32 Edited by Promised_Trini (3567 posts) -

What is with Sale's,and some people.TC do you get off on Sale's or something.Investing in pieces of plastic like it's your life blood.

#33 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

BWWAHAHAHA...

13 countries.

You're an idiot. Germany, Brazil and UK are the 3 largest console markets after the US. In order for 1.2 million units outside of the US to stand, you're implying that EVERY non-US country had average sales of 100k units, is that right?

You're implying that the Xbone sold 100k each in France, Spain, Canada, Australia, Brazil, Mexico, Austria, Ireland, and Italy when we know the console marketshare in all those countries are far less than Germany's, where the Xbone sold 100k in December.

And we already have data from some of these markets. France, Brazil, Spain. In each of these markets, the Xbone sells less than 20,000 per month. It's 4-digits for Brazil, so unless the Xbone sold 300k in the other markets to balance out the low numbers sold in those 3 markets, which we know is preposterous since those markets are far smaller than Germany's, the 3 million sold-through numbers are false.

And UK Germany US, and Australia are 2.21 million alone. ALONE. That is 4 of 13 countries, the rest only have to sell around 600,000

#34 Posted by AzatiS (7092 posts) -

This guy in other thread were trying to say me that US wasnt the only country that drives more than 50% of total sales for each generation for Xbox , and here he is , VICTORY for .. US sales.. Pathetic bro , really pathetic.

#35 Posted by TwistedShade (3137 posts) -

@lostrib:

I'm finding that hard to believe TBH. Then again I'm skeptical of anything coming out of business. Never believe the ads either. Marketing BS is just that.

"Well I can't really offer a fair argument so I'm going to just whine instead"

#36 Posted by lostrib (32942 posts) -

@lostrib:

The numbers aren't gathered by the company. They are released by a marketing research group. And this is just for one month, only in the US. Global sales would still put the PS4 ahead of the X1

#37 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149958 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:
@TwistedShade said:

Well I'm not. I just come here for the laughs at people getting bent out of shape and trying to show their consumer remorse isn't justified. Like I said.....I don't have the 8th gen yet. Have all the 7th gen though.

#38 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149958 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib:

The numbers aren't gathered by the company. They are released by a marketing research group. And this is just for one month, only in the US. Global sales would still put the PS4 ahead of the X1

Didn't the TC present one side of the numbers though? He didn't post the numbers.

#39 Edited by lostrib (32942 posts) -

@TwistedShade said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@TwistedShade said:

Well I'm not. I just come here for the laughs at people getting bent out of shape and trying to show their consumer remorse isn't justified. Like I said.....I don't have the 8th gen yet. Have all the 7th gen though.

Maybe don't act like an ass

#40 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149958 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@TwistedShade said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@TwistedShade said:

Why because I don't swear allegiance to your choice? No tears now....

#41 Edited by blackace (19996 posts) -

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

Are you stupid or what. All the numbers that Sony and Microsoft have posted are sold through to consumer. Go and look at all the sales articles, as it says it in almost all of them. The XB1 - 3 million and the PS4 - 4.2 million a sold through to customer and not shipped to retailers. Of course these numbers are definitely higher now as they were just for 2013.

*************************************************************************************

@super600 said:

Congrats to MS and now lets see the PS4's NDP numbers.So that means according to your other NDP thread that the PS4 only sold 454K in the US in december.

Sony won't post the numbers. They never do when they get beat. lol!! Nov PS4 sales was around 1.2 million so PS4 sales for Dec was probably between 700K-800K if they are still leading in the U.S.

#42 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

No surprise. PS4s are almost impossible to find

#43 Edited by BattlefieldFan3 (341 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

BWWAHAHAHA...

13 countries.

And UK Germany US, and Australia are 2.21 million alone. ALONE. That is 4 of 13 countries, the rest only have to sell around 600,000

France = 50k

Spain = 30k

7 out of 13 countries need to sell around 520,000, or about 74,000 each.

The other territories have far less sales than Spain.

You know that it's not possible. Microsoft lied. get over it.

#44 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149958 posts) -

No surprise. PS4s are almost impossible to find

True enough. I look to see what consoles are in stock...and have yet to see a PS4 anywhere. X1's are everywhere now....some stores are even out of Wii Us...which is interesting.

#45 Posted by kingtito (4783 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@TwistedShade said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@TwistedShade said:

Well to be honest it sure sounds like you have sworn allegiance to Sony. lostrib doesn't swear allegiance to MS if that's what you think.

#46 Edited by Chutebox (36392 posts) -

So is Jak trying to be covert in expressing his lemself with the title? Either way, good sales for all.

#47 Edited by BattlefieldFan3 (341 posts) -

@blackace said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

Are you stupid or what. All the numbers that Sony and Microsoft have posted are sold through to consumer. Go and look at all the sales articles, as it says it in almost all of them. The XB1 - 3 million and the PS4 - 4.2 million a sold through to customer and not shipped to retailers. Of course these numbers are definitely higher now as they were just for 2013.

The sales numbers are quoting Microsoft, nothing more. Of course, Microsoft lied.

Remember when Thuway said that real numbers were more like 2.6-2.8 million?

#48 Edited by lostrib (32942 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@TwistedShade said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@TwistedShade said:

...No. I'm not an Xbox fan. But I see you're set on being an ass

#49 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

@Jakandsigz said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@BattlefieldFan3 said:

BWWAHAHAHA...

13 countries.

France, Spain = ~20,000.

7 out of 13 countries need to sell around 560,000, or 80,000 each.

You know that it's not possible.

Not sure what math you are using. If 3 countries combined due near or at 300,000 the rest can sell 30-50,000 and still make the number.

Add in the sales that are not included and It seems to be fine.

#50 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149958 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@lostrib said:

Well to be honest it sure sounds like you have sworn allegiance to Sony. lostrib doesn't swear allegiance to MS if that's what you think.

Judging from the posts I've seen of his...he does veer to MS moreso than the other two consoles. I'm only going by what I see him post of course. As for allegiance....you don't know me. I generally buy all the consoles. I have all the Sega, Nintendo, Sony, and MS consoles/handhelds up to the the 8th gen. Well I do have the handhelds for this gen. Will be getting a Wii U soon I'm sure. PS4....probably after their is a decent library. MS....has some work to do with exclusives and a price drop. They didn't have many exclusives for my taste last gen. But it was their battle to win or lose. No other company is the reason why I'm not happy with MS right now.