xbox one 5+ millions sold PS4 9 million.?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@daious said:

@blackace said:

I'm not wrong. There are games that have sold over 3 million copies in one day on one platform. 2 million in 2-3 months on multiplats systems is nothing. Especially when the biggest amount of sales came within the first week. The Dark Souls series has always and will always be a niche market game. It's not going to sell 8-10 million units in it's lifetime. Neither will Bloodborne. Go back and do some more research.

You are wrong.

It isn't 2 million in 2-3 months. It was 1.3 million in 2 to 3 weeks in only EU and NA. Your logic that Dark Souls being a niche game is that it didn't sell as much as Forza and other franchises. You are comparing the lifetime sales of those franchises with the only sales number we know which is the sales of Dark Souls 2 in 2-3 weeks in two territories. Forza 4 is at 4 million. Forza 4 sold a little over 2 million in around 10-12 months which means DS2 blew it away in sales.

Niche market games are games that sell under a million. Dark Souls 2 proved that the series clearly no longer a niche market. You can spin the story as many angles you want but you are still wrong.

No I'm right. Where are you getting your figures for Forza 4 from? Give me a link. I'd like to see them. Also, Forza 4 isn't multiplat, so of course sales will be lower. If DS2 was only on the PS3 the sales would be under 1 million for 2-3 weeks. Which proves my point. Even as a multiplate, it's not going to sell more then 4 million over it's lifetime, just like Forza 4.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#152  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@blackace said:

@daious said:

@blackace said:

I'm not wrong. There are games that have sold over 3 million copies in one day on one platform. 2 million in 2-3 months on multiplats systems is nothing. Especially when the biggest amount of sales came within the first week. The Dark Souls series has always and will always be a niche market game. It's not going to sell 8-10 million units in it's lifetime. Neither will Bloodborne. Go back and do some more research.

You are wrong.

It isn't 2 million in 2-3 months. It was 1.3 million in 2 to 3 weeks in only EU and NA. Your logic that Dark Souls being a niche game is that it didn't sell as much as Forza and other franchises. You are comparing the lifetime sales of those franchises with the only sales number we know which is the sales of Dark Souls 2 in 2-3 weeks in two territories. Forza 4 is at 4 million. Forza 4 sold a little over 2 million in around 10-12 months which means DS2 blew it away in sales.

Niche market games are games that sell under a million. Dark Souls 2 proved that the series clearly no longer a niche market. You can spin the story as many angles you want but you are still wrong.

No I'm right. Where are you getting your figures for Forza 4 from? Give me a link. I'd like to see them. Also, Forza 4 isn't multiplat, so of course sales will be lower. If DS2 was only on the PS3 the sales would be under 1 million for 2-3 weeks. Which proves my point. Even as a multiplate, it's not going to sell more then 4 million over it's lifetime, just like Forza 4.

The sales for DS2 is standard to well. It isn't an extreme mainstream success and it isn't niche.

Didn't Microsoft E3 conference last year open with Dark Souls 2?

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 blackace

@bublover1 said:

@blackace said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

LOL...telling him his figures are guesses while posting your own guesses.

At least I admit I'm making a guess. You idiots are thinking his guesses are fact. lmao!! Sony hasn't provided any updated sales figures yet. Don't be delusional.

5 million shipped still. Confirmed by MS. Xbone isn't selling well, so stores aren't buying any more.

Prove it. It was 5 million shipped is April. - http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/17/xbox-one-has-shipped-5-million-units

XB1 not selling well? Gamestop says otherwise: This is from June 11 - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/467938/xbox-one-without-kinect-flying-off-the-shelves-at-gamestop/

Looks like you've been proven WRONG. lol!!

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By blackace

@daious said:

@blackace said:

@daious said:

I am pretty sure the Dark Souls 2 selling faster than any other Witcher title. Dark souls 2 (ps3/360) units sold in one month match what Witcher 2 on PC/360 did in a year.

Dark Souls series is not a niche market. Sales prove otherwise. Please do some research before posting next time.

I already did my research and the game is definitely a niche market game.

Do more research because no game that sells 1.3 million in only two territories in about 2-3 weeks should be considered a niche game. End of story. End of it. You haven't proved it otherwise.

I've already proved it. Stay in denial if you want to. That's what biased trolls usually do anyways. You have no clue what a niche market game is obviously. lol!! Come back when you've figured it out.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Daious

@blackace said:

@daious said:

@blackace said:

@daious said:

I am pretty sure the Dark Souls 2 selling faster than any other Witcher title. Dark souls 2 (ps3/360) units sold in one month match what Witcher 2 on PC/360 did in a year.

Dark Souls series is not a niche market. Sales prove otherwise. Please do some research before posting next time.

I already did my research and the game is definitely a niche market game.

Do more research because no game that sells 1.3 million in only two territories in about 2-3 weeks should be considered a niche game. End of story. End of it. You haven't proved it otherwise.

I've alteady proved it. Stay in denial if you want to. That's what biased trolls usually do anyways. You have no clue what a niche market game is obviously. lol!! Come back when you've figured it out.

Your argument like always results in insulting and attacking users. Isn't that one of the things trolls do?

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@blackace said:

@bublover1 said:

@blackace said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

LOL...telling him his figures are guesses while posting your own guesses.

At least I admit I'm making a guess. You idiots are thinking his guesses are fact. lmao!! Sony hasn't provided any updated sales figures yet. Don't be delusional.

5 million shipped still. Confirmed by MS. Xbone isn't selling well, so stores aren't buying any more.

Prove it. It was 5 million shipped is April. - http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/17/xbox-one-has-shipped-5-million-units

XB1 not selling well? Gamestop says otherwise: This is from June 11 - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/467938/xbox-one-without-kinect-flying-off-the-shelves-at-gamestop/

"They went on sale in GameStop yesterday; these things started to fly off the shelves," senior vice president of merchandising Bob Puzon told GameSpot. "It's a huge win and a huge opportunity for us."

Lol.

"They went on sale in GameStop yesterday; these things started to fly off the shelves," Puzon told GameSpot at E3 today in Los Angeles. "It's a huge win and a huge opportunity for us."

Anyways....your links don't give any numbers, and don't really prove anything, at all.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#157  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Whole lot of people attacking OP for no reason...

SDC tends to have that effect on some.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

ITT: blackace has a meltdown.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#159  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Chutebox said:

Whole lot of people attacking OP for no reason...

SDC tends to have that effect on some.

I agree with this.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 blackace

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

ITT: blackace has a meltdown.

More like Daious is having a meltdown. I'm actually enjoying myself. lol!!

It's always a lot more fun being a "True Gamer".

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Dat salezzzz warzzzzz.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

I see a lot of people in this thread are still butthurt over PS4 demolishing Xflop in sales. No need to attack the OP, he's only reporting SDC.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By blackace

@I_can_haz said:

I see a lot of people in this thread are still butthurt over PS4 demolishing Xflop in sales. No need to attack the OP, he's only reporting SDC.

Both you and El Tormo are the biggest biased trolls on SW. Why would anyone listen to you idiots? All the OP does is attack lems. lol!! Both of you are a bunch of hypocrites.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By tonitorsi

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

Both you and El Tormo are the biggest biased trolls on SW. Why would anyone listen to you idiots? All the OP does is attack lems. lol!! Both of you are a bunch of hypocrites.

This is coming from you.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 blackace

@tonitorsi said:

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

This is coming from you.

You're no better then them as well.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By tonitorsi

@blackace said:

@tonitorsi said:

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

This is coming from you.

Says you.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 blackace

@tonitorsi said:

@blackace said:

@tonitorsi said:

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

This is coming from you.

Says you.

http://www.seniorark.com/Humor/Pictures%20to%20Say%20Ahhhhh/After%203-13-09-done/dog%20sleeping.gif

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz.ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzz!!!!!

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By tonitorsi

@blackace said:

@tonitorsi said:

@blackace said:

@tonitorsi said:

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

This is coming from you.

Says you.

How we all feel when you post.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 blackace

@tonitorsi said:

@blackace said:

@tonitorsi said:

@blackace said:

@tonitorsi said:

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

This is coming from you.

Says you.

You bored me to sleep and everyone else from the looks of it.

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Daious

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

ITT: @blackace has a meltdown.

There isn't a thread where hes not damage controlling or downplaying facts. The only thing (90% of the time) I do in system wars is call out people for making up things or stating bs. If only he would stop doing it over and over.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@blackace said:

@bublover1 said:

It's not even 5. MS confirmed that the 5 million figure was shipped. It's likely at 4.5 million. SONY is around 9.5 million.

Lems are butthurt about it and are damage controlling.

You do realize that the 9 million sale is just a guesstimate from the article creator right? lol!! That is not official numbers from Sony. Also, Microsoft's 5 million shipped was announced was announced back in April. It's July now, which means they are well over 5 million sold by now. A better guesstimate would be XB1 5-5.2 million and PS4 8-8.5 million sold.

As for the PS3 and XBox 360. Microsoft announced 84 million 360 sold at the E3. Sony is still at 80 million. They said nothing about their PS3 sales at the E3.

Yeah so how much by NPD has the xbox one sold since April.?

Because April + May the xbox one sold not even 200k,it sold 115k in April and 77k in May,they shipped 5million by April but like a million was unsold at retailers,this was a know fact.

Remember that then also came a report saying shipments of the xbox one would be lower because of the slow demand.? I would not be surprise to know that they still selling units from those 5 million shipped,without actually hitting 5 million sold.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 tormentos

@blackace said:

Yeah from those 5 million like 1 million was collecting dust at retailers.

Yeah on june 11 Gamestop claimed that the xbox one was flying off shelves,what do you expect them to say the xbox one isn't moving.? Dude it is on gamestop best interest that the xbox one sales pick up,they benefit directly from those sales,and gamestop making nothing from unsold xbox one collecting dust on their store rooms.

In fact in May the xbox one sold 77k which is horribly low,and while you may hold tied to the excuse of people waiting for the price drop,on April it sold 115k which isn't that much better either dude.

PS4 April numbers > XBO April+ May numbers that bad it is..

So yeah gamestop saying that mean little.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=zg_bs_videogames_pg_3?_encoding=UTF8&pg=3

The fun thing about it is that now Amazon has the PS4 selling better than the xbox one,with a comfort distance in US which was not the case for such a distance some months ago,PS4 at number 9 spot xbox one $399 at spot 56 is not even close the xbox one is not even making it into the top 50,yet gamestop claim is flaying off shelves....

Didn't gamestop use to make sales for the xbox one and pulled tables on the main floor of their store to try to sell their xbox one stock.?

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

Hahahah DAT meltdown...

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Impressive lead. I didn't expect it to be that big of a margin.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

Wait is Blackace trying to pretend he is a "True Gamer"? Whatever that means...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#175 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ladyblue said:

do we even know if the 9 million is legit?

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Don't see any reasons not to trust tormentos.

@lostrib said:

@ladyblue said:

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 tonitorsi

@lostrib said:

@ladyblue said:

If its outpacing PS1 and PS2, I wouldn't doubt its 9 million or more by now.

They're probably waiting for bigger numbers before going full Microsoft.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@tormentos said:

Asked about bridging the gap between the two console's sales figures (Sony report 9 million units sold, Harrison says Xbox One's figure is "north of five million") he says: "Some analysts will suggest that we are less than 5% into this generation, so there is plenty of market opportunity ahead of us.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/microsofts-phil-harrison-xbox-one-kinect-ps4s-success-hats-off-sony-1455080

At least that is what Phill Harrison claim,sony close to double the xbox one sales.

The question has to be raised though how the sales of the X1 have increased since its repackaging without the Kinect and a $399 price point. Neither console has a lot in the way of exclusives in 2014 but I would expect both systems will pick up steam once Fall and the holidays get closer. With all of the nice multiplats and the likes of Halo The Master Chief Collection, Forza Horizons 2, Sunset Overdrive, Drive Club, TLoU Remastered and LBP 3 all on the horizon, 2014 shouldn't be a loss for either system. Arguing sales as a point of victory 8 months into these two console's lives is really lame and pointless. But whatever makes you guys sleep better at night!

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

@blackace said:

@tonitorsi said:

@blackace said:

@tonitorsi said:

@blackace said:

@tonitorsi said:

@blackace said:

@I_can_haz said:

This is coming from you.

Says you.

You bored me to sleep and everyone else from the looks of it.

Keep telling yourself that blackace.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#180 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Cows still obsessed over sales, I see.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Hail to the king, baby! Slaystation Domination Continuation!

Loading Video...

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Cows still obsessed over sales, I see.

Not me. Gamespot has yet to report this news so I don't believe this not one bit until Sony says so.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Safe to say Ps4 will sell 12Million in its first year, not bad...not bad at all. Like 1M each month :D

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

Remember when the PS3 was 'only' 4 million units behind the 360?

When the Ps3 was only 4 million behind the Xbox 360 the Gap was 'very small'

Now the Xbone is only 4 million behind the Ps4 it's a huge gap.

At 5 million the Xbone is still selling reasonably well but gotta admit that 9 million this fast is pretty good going for SONY, kudos to them,hopefully the PS4 can save SONY from there financial woes.

36 vs 32 3 and a half years into the gen,is not the same as 9 million vs 5 million 8 months into the gen...

Even % wise they are completely different 9 vs 5 is almost 2 to 1,36 vs 32 is not even close to that %.

Do % for both numbers and see what you get...

And ending like that is what really show your butthurt lemming ass for all to see,since you can't downplay the numbers you resort to bring sony financials Blackace style..hahahaha

4 million is 4 million, it doesn't become bigger or smaller according to which context you decide to use it in, if it was a small Gap Back then, it's a small Gap now, you can try to confuse the issue with bibble babble all you want sunshine, 4 million is the same now as it was then.

And i was being genuine when i said i hoped the PS4 helped SONY with there financial woes, the PS1 was my most fav console of all time dude and not all of us are spiteful and hateful toward Certain companys like yourself.

It shows the kind of person that you are that all you see is a negative from a completely positive and supportive statement.

You obviously cannot read people as well as you would like to think, there was no Alternative meaning to what i said, plain and simple.

Seems to me that you must be really worried about SONYs financial status if you read onto it like that everytime someone remotely mentioned SONYs finances.

Finally, Not a lemming dude, you can keep calling me one all day long and it will be no more true a statement today as it was yesterday.

Why would i be butthurt? i am not the one being a hypocrite,lol

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 tormentos

@delta3074 said:

4 million is 4 million, it doesn't become bigger or smaller according to which context you decide to use it in, if it was a small Gap Back then, it's a small Gap now, you can try to confuse the issue with bibble babble all you want sunshine, 4 million is the same now as it was then.

And i was being genuine when i said i hoped the PS4 helped SONY with there financial woes, the PS1 was my most fav console of all time dude and not all of us are spiteful and hateful toward Certain companys like yourself.

It shows the kind of person that you are that all you see is a negative from a completely positive and supportive statement.

You obviously cannot read people as well as you would like to think, there was no Alternative meaning to what i said, plain and simple.

Seems to me that you must be really worried about SONYs financial status if you read onto it like that everytime someone remotely mentioned SONYs finances.

Finally, Not a lemming dude, you can keep calling me one all day long and it will be no more true a statement today as it was yesterday.

Yes is does 4 million out of 9 is like 40%,4 million out of 40 million is not even close to 40%.

The gap is 4 million in 8 months when both console release on the same damn month,the xbox 360 gap was cut from nearly 9 million to 4 million in like 3 and half years,when the xbox 360 had a 9 million gap because of a year advantage.

So yeah the PS3 trailing 4 million 3 and half years latter on a 36 Million user base is not quite the same.

Well the only genuine thing you are here is a fanboy...

And you are a lemming.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@Indicud said:

@sts106mat: dat butthurt

why? I own a PS4 and a XB1 you muppet

Ignore people like that. There are so many cows in here with the brain power of an actual cow, it's ridiculous. Disagree with the proclamation of Sony's gaming dominance? You are "butthurt" - that's this gen's cow logic.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos said:

@delta3074 said:

Yes is does 4 million out of 9 is like 40%,4 million out of 40 million is not even close to 40%.

The gap is 4 million in 8 months when both console release on the same damn month,the xbox 360 gap was cut from nearly 9 million to 4 million in like 3 and half years,when the xbox 360 had a 9 million gap because of a year advantage.

So yeah the PS3 trailing 4 million 3 and half years latter on a 36 Million user base is not quite the same.

Well the only genuine thing you are here is a fanboy...

And you are a lemming.

Ahh... Tormentos logic. I have a caveat for you that ruins your point - there is no evidence of 360 owners jumping to PS4. Maybe 1 poll I saw once, but MS's 10-K report shows no significant drop of XBL Gold subscriptions (I seem to remember the number of subscribers actually going up). So, this could all just be a case of PS3 owners jumping to PS4 faster than 360 owners jumping to XB1.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@sts106mat said:

@Indicud said:

Ignore people like that. There are so many cows in here with the brain power of an actual cow, it's ridiculous. Disagree with the proclamation of Sony's gaming dominance? You are "butthurt" - that's this gen's cow logic.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By blackace

@lostrib said:

@ladyblue said:

It's a guess. Only one who knows the true figures are Sony and Microsoft and neither one is saying anything right now. Cows running around SW having meltdown trying to claim this is a FACT. lmao!! El Tormo having the biggest meltdown of all the Cows. Just look at all that garbage text. Sony won't even tell anyone their PS3 sales. Xbox 360 over 84 million. Sony still at 80+ million.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@sam890 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@sts106mat said:

@Indicud said:

well lemmings are playing the "delusional grasping at anything they can" part this time around.

this is sw...you argue with facts. the more ppl dont take the defeat and start pulling arguments based off of "you guys are hypocretes" or "remember when" is POINTLESS.

a lot of you guys need to take a logic class cause the arguments here on sw are logical fallacies by cows and lems. no one fanboy faction is above another when it comes to sw

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

PS4 is on a ROLL,

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 blackace

Let me know when someone has an actual link from Sony & Microsoft with actual figures. lol!! Otherwise, just lock this thread now. It's just pure garbage.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#193 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Good to see the most capable console being on top. Impressive numbers for every console though, even wiiu is looking interesting now! Competition is the reason why mid/late gen games look so good and polished.

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

Xbox One "North of 5 million".

Yeah probably 5,000,001

Xbox One is a joke, I mean look at it.

1.Poorly engineered

2.Over prieced

3. Kinect is Dead

4. Looks like a VCR (see item 1)

5. Massive power brick (see item 1)

6. Cant stand on its side (see item 1)

7. Cant recognize accents in some languages (see item 1)

8. Weaker RAM

9. Weaker overall (reason all multiplats look better on PS4)

10. But da cloud, da cloud (see item 1)

11. Getting raped in sales

12. Controller is worse than xbox 360's (see item 1)

13. Controller needs batteries (see item 1)

14. O/S that has need frequent updates to get on par with PS4

15. PS4 is the console of choice for game developers.

Now this list does not mean the the One is a BAD system. I play games not systems but let be real here. MS fucked up big time. I believe it was a rushed product. The PS4 is going to destory the ONE and early adopter Lems got screwed.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@tacoma1972 said:

Yeah probably 5,000,001

1.Poorly engineered

2.Over prieced

3. Kinect is Dead

8. Weaker RAM

Now this list does not mean the the One is a BAD system. I play games not systems but let be real here. MS fucked up big time. I believe it was a rushed product. The PS4 is going to destory the ONE and early adopter Lems got screwed.

It's not poorly engineered though. the way a console looks and the fact that it cannot stand on it's side is not evidence of poor engineering, evidence of poor engineering would be the console having hardware issues which to my knowledge it does not.

Secondly, some of us prefer the fact the controller uses AA batteries, i know i do and finally, having a power brick is a bad thing why?

bublover1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By bublover1
Member since 2013 • 133 Posts

@delta3074 said:

@tacoma1972 said:

Yeah probably 5,000,001

1.Poorly engineered

2.Over prieced

3. Kinect is Dead

8. Weaker RAM

It's not poorly engineered though. the way a console looks and the fact that it cannot stand on it's side is not evidence of poor engineering, evidence of poor engineering would be the console having hardware issues which to my knowledge it does not.

Secondly, some of us prefer the fact the controller uses AA batteries, i know i do and finally, having a power brick is a bad thing why?

A product is viewed "poorly" if another product within the same branch of consume products is better.

The PS4 cost less than $10 million in R&D, has a better controller, smoother UI, insanely better graphics, and costs less to manufacture. Not just that, it's small as ****.

The Xbone cost $3+ billion in R&D, has a worse controller than the PS3, laggy UI, longass install times, graphics are barely better than last gen consoles, and costs more than the PS4 to manufacture. Furthermore, it's big as shit.

Now look me in the eye and tell me that the Xbone isn't poorly engineered without laughing. I dare you.

Microsoft has its tummy on the floor, is crying and is wailing its arms and feet on the ground. They lost everything they gained last-gen. All the XBL Gold money down the drain and the mindshare along with it. Microsoft feels like someone who just got raped. You know it and I know it.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 blackace

@tacoma1972 said:

Yeah probably 5,000,001 (More like 5.2-5.3 million)

Xbox One is a joke, I mean look at it. (Opinions vary. Gamers who own one love it.)

1.Poorly engineered (Engineered for the future. We still don't know everything that's in the XB1. Lots of NDA's for some reason.)

2.Over prieced (it's "priced" not "prieced". lol!! Yes, M$ should have priced it the same as the PS4 with Kinect in it.)

3. Kinect is Dead (Not Dead. Kinect games are still in development. Still being implemented in games by 3rd party developers as well.)

4. Looks like a VCR (see item 1) (VCR were actually smaller. PS4 looks like a giant Eraser. I don't like the design of either systems, but they both play games incredibly well. That's all that matters to most gamers.)

5. Massive power brick (see item 1) (Yup.. and it's there for a reason. What's currently running in the XB1 isn't even using all of the power of that brick. Soooo... why did M$ need the power brick?)

6. Cant stand on its side (see item 1) (There's no vertical stand for it, so why would you stand it on it's side? All consoles should be horizontal anyways.)

7. Cant recognize accents in some languages (see item 1) (Most of the language issues will be corrected when the XB1 launches in the other 30+ countries in Sept 2014. They have a patch that will correct enable accents of various languages to be reconized.)

8. Weaker RAM (Slower RAM, but not weaker. ESRAM is faster.)

9. Weaker overall (reason all multiplats look better on PS4) (Weaker when launched. System wasn't ready to launch as all the performance tools weren't in place. It's much better now with higher performance which will increase even more after DX12 is added and devs finally get to use the full version of the cloud and it's tools. Don't think there we be much of a gap next year. )

10. But da cloud, da cloud (see item 1) (Not fully implemented until 2015. This was noted by M$ last year.)

11. Getting raped in sales (Bad hype and a higher price will do that. remember the PS3? It was getting raped in sales last gen as well do to the same reasons.)

12. Controller is worse than xbox 360's (see item 1) (LMAO!! NO!! Everyone has their own opinion though. Gamers using the XB1 Controller love it. )

13. Controller needs batteries (see item 1) (Same as the XBox 360 controller. Batteries/Battery packs last longer then the PS4 battery charge.)

14. O/S that has need frequent updates to get on par with PS4 (System wasn't ready at launch time, so many updates were needed to get it to the launch level it would have been at. System wasn't suppose to launch until Sept 2014. Microsoft should have just delayed it until Sept 2014, but they didn't want the PS4 to have almost a 1 year lead. )

15. PS4 is the console of choice for game developers. (Which is why game developers are steadily make 3rd party games for the XBox One as well. lol!! Maybe you are thinking about the Wii U, are 3rd Party developers are avoiding that system like the plague so far.

Both systems were rushed. Why do you think the PS4 had a patch day one just to allow Blu-Ray movies to be played and a dozen other things. The Ps4 was more ready than the XB1 however and with M$ having to reverse their policies, that delayed them even more with the XB1. The PS2 & Wii destroyed the other consoles. I doubt the PS4 will even sell close to the PS2 numbers. It's still way to early to know anything.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 blackace

@bublover1 said:

@delta3074 said:

A product is viewed "poorly" if another product within the same branch of consume products is better.

The PS4 cost less than $10 million in R&D, has a better controller, smoother UI, insanely better graphics, and costs less to manufacture. Not just that, it's small as ****.

The Xbone cost $3+ billion in R&D, has a worse controller than the PS3, laggy UI, longass install times, graphics are barely better than last gen consoles, and costs more than the PS4 to manufacture. Furthermore, it's big as shit.

Now look me in the eye and tell me that the Xbone isn't poorly engineered without laughing. I dare you.

Microsoft has its tummy on the floor, is crying and is wailing its arms and feet on the ground. They lost everything they gained last-gen. All the XBL Gold money down the drain and the mindshare along with it. Microsoft feels like someone who just got raped. You know it and I know it.

LMAO!! NO!!. The Xbox One isn't poorly engineered at all. It just didn't have all the tools and drivers in place when the console launched. Where are you getting your figures from? You ass? LOL!! The XBox One controller is better then the PS3 and PS4 controller. The XBox 360 controller is better as well. You don't own an XB1 obviously, so you have no clue. I own the PS4, XB1, PS3 and XBox 360. I know all the pros and cons for all these controllers. The PS4 controller was improved over the PS3, yes, but it still isn't as comfortable as the XB1 contoller. The UI for the PS4 and XB1 suck. XBox 360 UI is still the best out of all 4 consoles. It's lightning fast. Graphics are a lot better then last gen. You're obviously a clueless troll. Go back under your bridge.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

We still don't know everything in X1? Stop it. It's been open and diagnosed lol.