xbox one 5+ millions sold PS4 9 million.?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Asked about bridging the gap between the two console's sales figures (Sony report 9 million units sold, Harrison says Xbox One's figure is "north of five million") he says: "Some analysts will suggest that we are less than 5% into this generation, so there is plenty of market opportunity ahead of us.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/microsofts-phil-harrison-xbox-one-kinect-ps4s-success-hats-off-sony-1455080

At least that is what Phill Harrison claim,sony close to double the xbox one sales.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Taken from a topic created on SW in February 2008, remember those days, TC?

Seriously you guys have to agree! I'm not being sarcastic either, I'm SERIOUS! Ever since the first article titled "360 in distant third by 2010" or whatever the year was, Sony fanboys got all riled up about Sony making some magical comeback that would make PS3's sales go up dramatically and overrun the Wii and 360's, even when they were extremely far behind. (at the time Sony was doing very poorly in sales while 360's was steady and Wii demand was very high, like now) Once one of the analysts said "We see the 360 in third, the Wii in second, and the PS3 taking over" Sony fanboys got all "SONY WILL SO WIN THIS WAR" or "SONY WILL COME BACK AND CRUSH COMPETITION" stuff like that, thanks to that one quote, and to others about PS3 somehow winning the console war. Its what made the "wait and see" thing we've seen for song long, don't you see?? They're the reasons why we see on this board threads about radical and stupid Sony fanboys raving about some magical comeback that Sony would pull.

Well let's see, the 360's probably at about 17.8-18 million sales worldwide now, Wii at 19-20 million, and the PS3 at 8 million (estimated guess, maybe a bit higher) I don't see how PS3 could overrun those sales when its got about 10 million more units to outpass the 360 and 11 million to outdue the Wii. Reality will set in, and Sony's going to have a hard time catching up that high. Not saying they can't reach those numbers, but to surpass them this year or next will be a lot of work, even if krapzone 2 and Metal Gear Solid flop will be around.So what they said is a pretty odd estimate, because Sony can't take over being as far behind as they are now, unless sales for the 360 and Wii somehow stop magically and everyone turns to PS3.

Just tomake this simple, biased analyst remarks are what made Sony fanboys go ape**** with their comeback and "just wait andsee, we will dominate you ALL" threads. That one quote onPS3 taking over started this whole thing, or at least other ones saying Sony will take down competitionby2012. Its pretty hard to see that with sales right nowimo, even with 4 years left, but with sales going the way they are, and whenWii demand will be fixed when the shortage is, and when SSBB hits, it could get VERY tough for Sony to outdue the Wii, and whoknows about 360.All i'm saying is, Analysts likethe ones we've heard about made Sonyradicals' "wait and see" and "SONY WILL OWN YOU ALL" threads, and thats probably the truth. If not, well what did?ANSWER THAT FOR ME SONYRADICALS!!

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

Almost double!! TLHBO!

Playstation Nation Domination Continuation

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Sony ponies jerking off imminent in 3..2..1..

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

Sick pups indeed, weird'dooooos.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

Sony won

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

I see fanboys from both sides already at it. Good good *eats popcorn*

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

If you want to 'win', get all the platforms and focus on the games.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@Indicud said:

@sts106mat: dat butthurt

why? I own a PS4 and a XB1 you muppet

Doesnt matter what you own when you clearly favoring XB1 out of nowhere . Muppet!

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10359 Posts

@donalbane said:

shell out £1000+ to play a handful of semi-decent games? not what i'd call a win

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#15  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Seriously you guys have to agree! I'm not being sarcastic either, I'm SERIOUS! Ever since the first article titled "360 in distant third by 2010" or whatever the year was, Sony fanboys got all riled up about Sony making some magical comeback that would make PS3's sales go up dramatically and overrun the Wii and 360's, even when they were extremely far behind. (at the time Sony was doing very poorly in sales while 360's was steady and Wii demand was very high, like now) Once one of the analysts said "We see the 360 in third, the Wii in second, and the PS3 taking over" Sony fanboys got all "SONY WILL SO WIN THIS WAR" or "SONY WILL COME BACK AND CRUSH COMPETITION" stuff like that, thanks to that one quote, and to others about PS3 somehow winning the console war. Its what made the "wait and see" thing we've seen for song long, don't you see?? They're the reasons why we see on this board threads about radical and stupid Sony fanboys raving about some magical comeback that Sony would pull.

Well let's see, the 360's probably at about 17.8-18 million sales worldwide now, Wii at 19-20 million, and the PS3 at 8 million (estimated guess, maybe a bit higher) I don't see how PS3 could overrun those sales when its got about 10 million more units to outpass the 360 and 11 million to outdue the Wii. Reality will set in, and Sony's going to have a hard time catching up that high. Not saying they can't reach those numbers, but to surpass them this year or next will be a lot of work, even if krapzone 2 and Metal Gear Solid flop will be around.So what they said is a pretty odd estimate, because Sony can't take over being as far behind as they are now, unless sales for the 360 and Wii somehow stop magically and everyone turns to PS3.

Just tomake this simple, biased analyst remarks are what made Sony fanboys go ape**** with their comeback and "just wait andsee, we will dominate you ALL" threads. That one quote onPS3 taking over started this whole thing, or at least other ones saying Sony will take down competitionby2012. Its pretty hard to see that with sales right nowimo, even with 4 years left, but with sales going the way they are, and whenWii demand will be fixed when the shortage is, and when SSBB hits, it could get VERY tough for Sony to outdue the Wii, and whoknows about 360.All i'm saying is, Analysts likethe ones we've heard about made Sonyradicals' "wait and see" and "SONY WILL OWN YOU ALL" threads, and thats probably the truth. If not, well what did?ANSWER THAT FOR ME SONYRADICALS!!

I just love how they chose to ignore your post lol. fuckin cows man...I tell ya.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

@AzatiS said:

@sts106mat said:

@Indicud said:

Doesnt matter what you own when you clearly favoring XB1 out of nowhere . Muppet!

too many lemmings too coward to admit they're cheering for the loser xbone and hiding behind the 'multiplatform owner' label

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SecretPolice

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

You might swing it 1/2 a mil each way but numbers probably not a mile off. Lets just wait for real numbers, eh? Remember last gen when guesstimates turned out wrong EVERY time.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
@remiks00 said:

I just love how they chose to ignore your post lol. fuckin cows man...I tell ya.

So what did he accomplish with his post.?

To illustrate how MS failed to capitalize everywhere outside EU and UK and loss for it?

Or the fact that the PS brand was strong enough to survive a $600 launch a year late,and still tied with MS for second because of MS inability to capitalize any where outside US or UK.?

How is that even close to what is happening this gen.?

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@tormentos said:

@Macutchi said:

@donalbane said:

shell out £1000+ to play a handful of semi-decent games? not what i'd call a win

And the butthurt hermit arrives.

What? And why would hermits be butthurt?

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

Lems in full damage control... Cows in full brag mode

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13636 Posts

When the difference is 10M-15M, I think it'll be a bigger deal.

MS has had a slow start, they made changes and will continue to make changes. The cows painted a bleak picture that the X1 would be dead on arrival and it never happened and MS reacted to negative things much quicker than anyone else in the console industry and is starting to improve. So the results aren't instant, but they are starting to show. It is a marathon and not a sprint.

I do expect the PS4 to maintain the lead, but I don't expect the gap to be major.

The cows are delusional if they think that these early statistics are the be all and end all of the entire gen. Anything can happen and MS do best in second place fighting tooth and nail. It's the one in front that becomes complacent, it's always been the case. And that's usually the same for everyone from market leaders to political parties.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Stings, don't it Lems?

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@-Damien- said:

@AzatiS said:

@sts106mat said:

@Indicud said:

too many lemmings too coward to admit they're cheering for the loser xbone and hiding behind the 'multiplatform owner' label

I'm cheering for the X1....it's a great console and I have enjoyed it way more than my PS4. Not afraid to admit that at all!

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

"Sony report 9 million units sold"

Quick Google search and every site with this article refers to ibtimes website as a source. No official confirmation, although I wouldn't be surprised if it is around 8.5-9 million.

There is like a 3 million gap between the two, nothing too extreme at the moment. I expect the PS4 to outsell the Xbone in the end, but I don't think it will be a PS2 vs Xbox/Gamecube outcome. Likely a 10-15 million difference, if this gen is 5-6 years, which I can see it being then it will be about 70 million for the PS4 and 55-60 million for the Xbone.

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

A 2:1 ratio is a big deal, it's big enough to mean that Microsoft will not be able to secure third party exclusives without insane incentives. It also means Sony could get some exclusives for free almost, there would certainly be a demand for indies and smaller studios to go with a PS4 only if Sony helps with the development and advertising in some way. Microsoft would have to offer to cover the lost sales for the PS4 which would be up to double their own sales plus whatever Sony would offer which is a big deal.

If Sony plays their cards right they could use this advantage to widen the gap even more.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chikenfriedrice

@scottpsfan14 said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@-Damien- said:

@AzatiS said:

@sts106mat said:

@Indicud said:

I'm cheering for the X1....it's a great console and I have enjoyed it way more than my PS4. Not afraid to admit that at all!

"bu..bu..but.. Weak XposBone is weak n haz no gamez!!1" And so the story goes.

Some stories are fiction

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

@-Damien- said:

Almost double!! TLHBO!

Playstation Nation Domination Continuation

Hashtag!

Its funny, only when Sony is 'winning' the sales war, do sales actually matter.

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@scottpsfan14: Nah those are facts.....but how much will they help? That story is unfinished.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@dotWithShoes said:

BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

BWUH BWUH HUH HHAAAH BWAAHAH HHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

How long have you been coming to System Wars? EVERY MONTH's NPD thread has been a hullabaloo. People talking about Sony having to close shop because the PS3 was a commercial disaster (at least, a bit of that in 08, kinda died off a bit by late '09). There was even that rumor going around about two years ago that one of the big players wouldn't be returning for Gen8 and XBox fans went BONKERS claiming there would be no PS4. "Just look at the sales".

No, let's get real with this. Sales mattered. The biggest gamble almost every December since I've been here is whether or not each year would be the year that the PS3 overtook the XBox 360 in global sales. Every time a AAA game came out for the PS3, the cows would be salivating at a chance to outsell the 360 in NPD. EVERY single sales thread, the sheep would show up and be like "Oh, lol, still fighting for second place. That's cute."

Sales don't matter now? That is the warcry of defeatism. I'm sure the Sheep did it in Gen 6. I know some cows were saying it in Gen 7.. LORD knows the lems are trying to play that card in Gen 8. The truth is, sales matter. This board would probably lose a third of its thread count if they honestly didn't. People have been obsessed with sales here. Don't lie to kick it.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6939 Posts
@tormentos said:

Asked about bridging the gap between the two console's sales figures (Sony report 9 million units sold, Harrison says Xbox One's figure is "north of five million") he says: "Some analysts will suggest that we are less than 5% into this generation, so there is plenty of market opportunity ahead of us.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/microsofts-phil-harrison-xbox-one-kinect-ps4s-success-hats-off-sony-1455080

At least that is what Phill Harrison claim,sony close to double the xbox one sales.

Harrison does not say that. The author of the article says 9M, which could easily be a mistake or typo as I am not aware of a recent Sony update beyond their last one at 7M.

Also, learn to read.

And LOL at less than 5% into this generation...that would imply a minimum 13-14 yr lifecycle based on the 8 months they have been out.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@sts106mat said:

Reporting live for Sony TV it's....Eltormo!

LMAO!! I'm the one who started that with Elmo. lol!! It fits him perfectly.

As for the article, there's no doubt the PS4 would be ahead. It had more positive hype, a lower price and launched in 30+ more countries then the XB1 did. How could it not be ahead?

Harrison is right with this.

"Hats off to Sony, they've had a great start; they have been in more countries and – to date, at least – at a lower price. We have announced a new Xbox One at a lower price; we go to 29 new countries starting in September."

I'm sure some of the gap will be closed in Sept, but Sony will probably lead the way more of this generation. I'm sure Microsoft cares more about owning the U.S. market then any place else. If they recapture that market they will be happy.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Coming from the momentum of the PS3, the PS4 is only in a position for Full Steam Ahead. There is no stopping the juggernaut at this point, and there not much to play on Xbox either.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SecretPolice

@blackace said:
@sts106mat said:

As for the article, there's no doubt the PS4 would be ahead. It had more positive hype, a lower price and launched in 30+ more countries then the XB1 did. How could it not be ahead?

"Hats off to Sony, they've had a great start; they have been in more countries and – to date, at least – at a lower price. We have announced a new Xbox One at a lower price; we go to 29 new countries starting in September."

I'm sure some of the gap will be closed in Sept, but Sony will probably lead the way more of this generation. I'm sure Microsoft cares more about owning the U.S. market then any place else. If they recapture that market they will be happy.

lol tis funny... and yeah, don't forget, MS pwns Japan this gen to boot. :o :P

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25930 Posts

No such announcement for 9 mil exists, you silly internet. But if so, there's really no coming back from a near 2:1 ratio.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Alcapello

@SecretPolice said:

@blackace said:
@sts106mat said:

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SecretPolice

@alcapello said:

@SecretPolice said:

@blackace said:
@sts106mat said:

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@dotWithShoes said:

BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

BWUH BWUH HUH HHAAAH BWAAHAH HHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

How long have you been coming to System Wars? EVERY MONTH's NPD thread has been a hullabaloo. People talking about Sony having to close shop because the PS3 was a commercial disaster (at least, a bit of that in 08, kinda died off a bit by late '09). There was even that rumor going around about two years ago that one of the big players wouldn't be returning for Gen8 and XBox fans went BONKERS claiming there would be no PS4. "Just look at the sales".

No, let's get real with this. Sales mattered. The biggest gamble almost every December since I've been here is whether or not each year would be the year that the PS3 overtook the XBox 360 in global sales. Every time a AAA game came out for the PS3, the cows would be salivating at a chance to outsell the 360 in NPD. EVERY single sales thread, the sheep would show up and be like "Oh, lol, still fighting for second place. That's cute."

Sales don't matter now? That is the warcry of defeatism. I'm sure the Sheep did it in Gen 6. I know some cows were saying it in Gen 7.. LORD knows the lems are trying to play that card in Gen 8. The truth is, sales matter. This board would probably lose a third of its thread count if they honestly didn't. People have been obsessed with sales here. Don't lie to kick it.

Moogenja is still deeply wounded from last gen, what a sad twat haha.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I'm not afraid to say I've gotten much more enjoyment out of an Xbone so far then I have a PS4. Hoping Xbone pulls a comeback

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Alcapello

@drummerdave9099 said:

I'm not afraid to say I've gotten much more enjoyment out of an Xbone so far then I have a PS4. Hoping Xbone pulls a comeback

Can't you see by this thread your opinion is insignificant!!

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50494 Posts

Whole lot of people attacking OP for no reason...