Xbox may release in China 2014. Contract with Big company.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

A big company in streaming television entertainment. http://www.polygon.com/2013/12/16/5216828/report-suggests-china-xbox-one-launch-in-2014

Xbox One could be officially launched in China some time in 2014, according to a senior Microsoft partner in the country.

An article in Sohu IT, one of China's biggest technology sites, quotes Luo Jiangchun, CEO of online video service Funshion, saying that Xbox One will be available late next year. Funshion is a streaming TV service, owned by BesTV, which recently announced a joint partnership with Microsoft in the Shanghai Free Economic Zone.

Since 2000, China has prohibited the sale of games consoles. But earlier this year, the Chinese Government created the "experimental" Shanghai Free Economic Zone where consoles could go on sale. Unofficially, gray import consoles are available in China.

"On Nov. 22, we launched Xbox One in 13 markets worldwide," offered a Microsoft spokesperson. "Our focus is on launching in more markets next year. Other than that, we have no further comment."

This could be big or it could backfire.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

TV will be such a succes lol

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Well........ M$ could definitely take the Chinese market since the Chinese hate Japanese products and companies.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

Damn China will be more evolved than japan

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Jakandsigz:

I don't think the Chinese will buy it. I have a buddy who lives there - Chinese are huge on piracy; meaning they embrace it without a problem at all. MS's anti-piracy features of XB1 will keep them away. There are even "fake" Apple stores with Apple logos and everything.

They bought the PS3 because they could play pirated games on it.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

per capita chinese people make less then 10,000 a year they are not buying a 500$ console with 60$ games.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@Jakandsigz:

I don't think the Chinese will buy it. I have a buddy who lives there - Chinese are huge on piracy; meaning they embrace it without a problem at all. MS's anti-piracy features of XB1 will keep them away. There are even "fake" Apple stores with Apple logos and everything.

They bought the PS3 because they could play pirated games on it.

I think you mean 360 because I recall that being an easier system to pirate for and it's mentioned more over there.

Anyway, the rest of your post is like telling me that the water from the sky is called rain. But at least it will be launchig there semi-officially instead of "legally questionable" obtained imports.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44556 Posts

@Jakandsigz said:

This could be big or it could backfire.

if it backfires at launch I blame BF4

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

LMAO releasing in China before Japan and the rest of the world.

It's almost as though Microsoft doesn't want the Xbone to exclusively by an Americabox. The Chinese government is going to love that camera.