Xbox Live vs. PS3 online

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Unnatural101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Unnatural101
Member since 2010 • 361 Posts

Are you sure you have played Xbox LIVE. Its totally and completely free to play online...and $50 dollars a year for the other content and is completely worth every penny due to the online advancements it has over other consoles. Please, check yourself before you speak.ajg891

Holy Thread necromancy Batman!.

And no.

XBOX LIVE isn't free to play online outside of the first 30 days.

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts

They're both the same except for cross game chat on Live, ads that cover most of your dashboard, and it's $60 a year.

edit: wow! old thread.

GGam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 GGam3r
Member since 2010 • 95 Posts

PS3 online is vastly superior, even though XBL is good, you must pay lots of money for it. PSN is also good and is free giving it a very big advantage.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
360 has more features probably (which i dont use) but lag is equal and psn is free... so...
PSNLakers416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 PSNLakers416
Member since 2010 • 275 Posts

LOL i just realized this was a 2 1/2+ year old thread when i got to TheMoreYouOwn's post LMAO!

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 paradigm68
Member since 2003 • 5588 Posts
XBL is a bit better but not $60 better. So PSN is the winner in my opinion.
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 paradigm68
[QUOTE="EuroMafia"]

To summarise, XBL is better but you have to pay to play games online; PSN doesn't have as many features, but it's free.

/thread

ajg891
Are you sure you have played Xbox LIVE. Its totally and completely free to play online...and $50 dollars a year for the other content and is completely worth every penny due to the online advancements it has over other consoles. Please, check yourself before you speak.

This was the guy who bumped it. Let alone did he bump a two year old thread he doesn't even know what he is talking about.
Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

xbl is superior. you get what you pay for.shoeman12

Other than the Online, Can you list what you get for your $50 or $60?

Blinblingthing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Blinblingthing
Member since 2005 • 6943 Posts

XBL is great but now that PSN offers near the same amount of features, I see XBL less and less worth the money.Wasdie

XBL is a bit better but not $60 better. So PSN is the winner in my opinion. paradigm68

Exactly, The Rip off factor in Live is what makes PSN better overall.

When comparing products, The price of the two should be counted

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]XBL is great but now that PSN offers near the same amount of features, I see XBL less and less worth the money.Blinblingthing

XBL is a bit better but not $60 better. So PSN is the winner in my opinion. paradigm68

Except that Live and PSN are both free;)

Nexustras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Nexustras
Member since 2005 • 568 Posts
XBL is better for me. i've had ps3 longer, but it feels like all it's been doing this generation is trying to catch up with 360. ps+ is definitely starting to piss me off because sony is starting to limit more and more content to ps+ only subscribers. some demos, themes, avatars, betas are becoming only for ps+ members only. i would rather pay for $30 12month live if they make this ps+ thing a mandatory. i don't blame sony though; eventually, they'll have to make it mandatory since they're adding more and more content.
Nexustras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Nexustras
Member since 2005 • 568 Posts
imo ps+ is a sign of desperation from Sony that they need the money to maintain their servers. they're rich as hell yes, but they can't keep this up forever for free.
paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 paradigm68

[QUOTE="Blinblingthing"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="paradigm68"]XBL is a bit better but not $60 better. So PSN is the winner in my opinion. DroidPhysX

Just about everybody is talking about Xbox Live Gold.
J_VandaI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#64 J_VandaI
Member since 2010 • 109 Posts
Xbox live has better servers cuz its paid for, but Ps3 has free online :] so ps3 online is better :]
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#65 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I have both & really really like Xbox Live better. This is one of the reasons I purchase nearly all multiplats for the 360 & not my PS3.

gamewhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 gamewhat
Member since 2007 • 926 Posts

[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"] To be honest, the PSN is much more solid in terms of online play. Little lag, and no god hosts like on the 360. Most games use dedicated servers so the games are more solid online. Xbox Live has the PSN in terms of features, but when Sony finally (it's been a long time coming) makes the in-game XMB due out this summer, they'll be much more evenly matched. Not to mention Home.

Right now, only way to send messages on the PSN is to exit your online game and check your inbox. Sometimes games have there own messaging system, as well as invite system.

blackice1983

sometimes i wonder if cows even oWn ps3's. theirs always going to be lag with dsERVERS or p2p . psn lags xbl lags.psn has a couple of d. sever games but most of tham are p2p just like xbl. but psn sucks because you have to quit out of your game to check messages

actually blackice i know for a fact carljohnson just nailed the comparison perfect between both services. I had live at one time and I will always have psn so I know for a fact that carl is right. You on the other hand think you have to leave a game to text chat, lol. You pause the game for the most part but not actually leave the game.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#67 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

XBL pwns PSN and its not close. PSN is like XBL last gen. That being said it is free which is nice.

paradigm68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 paradigm68

XBL is better for me. i've had ps3 longer, but it feels like all it's been doing this generation is trying to catch up with 360.

ps+ is definitely starting to piss me off because sony is

starting to limit more and more content to ps+ only subscribers.

some demos, themes, avatars, betas are becoming only for ps+ members only.

i would rather pay for $30 12month live if they make this ps+ thing a mandatory.

i don't blame sony though; eventually, they'll have to make it mandatory since

they're adding more and more content. Nexustras

imo ps+ is a sign of desperation from Sony that they need the money to maintain their servers.

they're rich as hell yes, but they can't keep this up forever for free.Nexustras

Your points are laughable. You said so many silly things that I'm going to be here for a while.

Okay so you started out with "limiting more content to PS+ subscribers". Not really, they are ADDING content for PS+

PS+ will never be mandatory, the whole point of the thing is that you are getting discounted prices. If it's mandatory, then it's not discounted from anything. You should be able to think that through.

It's easy to for a company like Sony to keep PSN free, as it brings in sales for PS3s. Also ever heard of a online PC game? Execpt for WoW and other large MMOs those onlines are all free.

Think your stuff through buddy.

Unnatural101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Unnatural101
Member since 2010 • 361 Posts

DroidPhysX

Except that XBOX LIVE is not free.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

XBL pwns PSN and its not close. PSN is like XBL last gen. That being said it is free which is nice.

SpideR_CentS
No is mostly party chat and some minor stuff,the thing that really counts online play they are basically the same,some games work great others plain don't.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

[QUOTE="Nexustras"]XBL is better for me. i've had ps3 longer, but it feels like all it's been doing this generation is trying to catch up with 360.

ps+ is definitely starting to piss me off because sony is

starting to limit more and more content to ps+ only subscribers.

some demos, themes, avatars, betas are becoming only for ps+ members only.

i would rather pay for $30 12month live if they make this ps+ thing a mandatory.

i don't blame sony though; eventually, they'll have to make it mandatory since

they're adding more and more content. paradigm68

imo ps+ is a sign of desperation from Sony that they need the money to maintain their servers.

they're rich as hell yes, but they can't keep this up forever for free.Nexustras

Your points are laughable. You said so many silly things that I'm going to be here for a while.

Okay so you started out with "limiting more content to PS+ subscribers". Not really, they are ADDING content for PS+

PS+ will never be mandatory, the whole point of the thing is that you are getting discounted prices. If it's mandatory, then it's not discounted from anything. You should be able to think that through.

It's easy to for a company like Sony to keep PSN free, as it brings in sales for PS3s. Also ever heard of a online PC game? Execpt for WoW and other large MMOs those onlines are all free.

Think your stuff through buddy.

Exactly. Any one who thinks that live cost money for the servers is plain wrong,or plain ignore that more games on pc and ps3 run on servers than on xbox live,xbox live servers are for match making and stats keep mostly,people still believe that to get something good you have to pay for it. Live is marginally better,because of integration but it kills it the fact that you have to pay for it.