Xbox LIVE Servers Limited due to attacks by LizardSquad.

#1 Edited by SolidTy (43382 posts) -

It seems these jerks just want to ruin gaming any way they can.

Hacktivist group LizardSquad is claiming ownership of attacks on Microsoft servers right now, with the service becoming “Limited” in connectivity within the last few minutes.

Seemingly in following with the threats made after Twitter user and anonymous member @FamedGod, Microsoft is indeed next up in the line of attacks made with the intent to “teach people a lesson” about low-security protocols on these major infrastructures.

The official Xbox LIVE Service Status page now displays LIVE as “Limited” for social and gaming, as well as LIVE core services as attacks continue. Are Anonymous and LizardSquad working together? We aren’t sure, but the FBI is currently undergoing investigation.

I read Blizzard, Steam, and PSN have also been attacked with Xbox Live now being targeted. I hope they leave Nintendo out of it. This is ridiculous.

#2 Posted by farrell2k (6169 posts) -

MS needs to kick in some of that Azure cloud powa!

#3 Posted by Jynxzor (9307 posts) -

Well then all the guys taking a dump on PSN in the last thread about these peices of human garbage must be running for the hills.

#4 Posted by SolidTy (43382 posts) -

@Jynxzor said:

Well then all the guys taking a dump on PSN in the last thread about these peices of human garbage must be running for the hills.

I would imagine so.

Apparently the hacking group Anonymous and group LizardSquad are taking ownership of all that is console gaming with distributed denial of service attacks. I guess Nintendo might be attacked too, but I hope not.

There is very strong odor of hypocrisy for sure by those idiots cheering on hackers.

#5 Posted by darkspineslayer (19708 posts) -

Where is RROD360? Please tell us about how MS isn't scum for this?

#6 Edited by SolidTy (43382 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

Where is RROD360? Please tell us about how MS isn't scum for this?

I missed the earlier drama today watching Sin City 2...I'll have to check out that thread.

#7 Posted by getyeryayasout (7533 posts) -

If they're trying to make me go out for fresh air and exercise, I'll just save them the time; not gonna happen. Jerky-jerkface(s).

#8 Posted by navyguy21 (12886 posts) -

I would imagine XBL being fine in about an hour. In the 10+ years of having XBL, i cant remember it being down or having issues any more than a day.

Its working fine for me at the moment

#9 Edited by SolidTy (43382 posts) -

@navyguy21 said:

I would imagine XBL being fine in about an hour. In the 10+ years of having XBL, i cant remember it being down or having issues any more than a day.

Years ago, there was a time XBL went down for a large period of time during Xmas (if I recall). In fact, it was bad enough that M$ gave away some underwater scuba action-y game developed by Chair (before they got good).

I didn't like the game much (nor did the critics), but free games are nice. I'm not too worried either honestly.

#10 Posted by SolidTy (43382 posts) -
@getyeryayasout said:

If they're trying to make me go out for fresh air and exercise, I'll just save them the time; not gonna happen. Jerky-jerkface(s).

These jerks forgot about my secret weapon. My backlog of SP games and loads of mountain dew! Take that health fanatic hackers!

#11 Edited by mems_1224 (47157 posts) -

Sounds like more fake cow propaganda. playing BF4 online right now with no issues.

@SolidTy said:

@navyguy21 said:

Years ago, there was a time XBL went down for a large period of time during Xmas (if I recall). In fact, it was bad enough that M$ gave away some underwater scuba action-y game developed by Chair (before they got good).

I didn't like the game much (nor did the critics), but free games are nice. I'm not too worried either honestly.

that was for like a week back in like 07-08. nowhere near the massive clusterfuck that Sony put its user's through.

#12 Edited by navyguy21 (12886 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@navyguy21 said:

Yea, that was Holiday 2007, but the service was never down, just unstable for about a week after the holiday rush.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-live-suffers-holiday-hangover/1100-6184221/

#13 Posted by cainetao11 (17599 posts) -

Figured Live would be next. Not really FOR GAMERS, are these people?

#14 Posted by BigBadBully (631 posts) -

I noticed this past Thursday XBL was having issues. Purchased Diablo 3 and it wouldnt download, noticed that purchasing/downloading was experiencing a problem. Friday, i was able to download the game. Saturday the diablo servers were having issue so i could only play solo. Was really looking forward to some co-op.

#15 Posted by tacoma1972 (171 posts) -

@mems_1224:

Another useless post by mems. The legacy continues.

#16 Edited by tonitorsi (8397 posts) -

People were cheering on those illiterate cunts?

Listen, this bad for everyone no matter from what angle you look at it.

I'd be furious if I had a Quad...actually... I AM furious right now and I don't even have a Quad.

I apologize for my explicit language above as I am a passionate gamer, but I got no damn sympathy for hackers, it shits on everyone who's enthusiastic about video gaming.

*in-fucking-hales, ex-fucking-hales*

rant over y'all -_-

#17 Edited by SolidTy (43382 posts) -

@navyguy21 said:

@SolidTy said:

@navyguy21 said:

Yea, that was Holiday 2007, but the service was never down, just unstable for about a week after the holiday rush.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-live-suffers-holiday-hangover/1100-6184221/

It was down for me and my friend (RL buddy who moved hundreds of miles away) during that XBL is down period, I remember that...but obviously it was a case by case situation. We got a game out of it at least later on which that same friend played with me online.

#18 Posted by getyeryayasout (7533 posts) -

@SolidTy said:
@getyeryayasout said:

These jerks forgot about my secret weapon. My backlog of SP games and loads of mountain dew! Take that health fanatic hackers!

They can take my internet, but they can't take my dusty box of games! :P

#19 Posted by bunchanumbers (1164 posts) -

I thought that those 300,000 servers would be up to task. Although I haven't checked lately but my XBL was fine the last time I checked.

#20 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (976 posts) -

About to get worse it seems, for Sony.

#21 Posted by SolidTy (43382 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

@SolidTy said:
@getyeryayasout said:

They can take my internet, but they can't take my dusty box of games! :P

We'll show them!

*sneeze*

#22 Posted by xhawk27 (7327 posts) -

Really I played a few hours ago.

#23 Edited by tacoma1972 (171 posts) -

Bunch of losers.

Love to meet one of them in person.they would not recognize themselves when I get done with them.

#24 Edited by tonitorsi (8397 posts) -

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

#25 Posted by bunchanumbers (1164 posts) -

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Looks like Sony better pull the plug for now. Better safe than lawsuited.

#26 Edited by Anticlaxx (16 posts) -

this is so stupid ugh.

ruins eeverything for everyone.

#27 Posted by xhawk27 (7327 posts) -

Now these fers are hacking XBL. I hope the FBI finds these fools.

#28 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

This is why we can't have nice things.

#29 Posted by charizard1605 (57747 posts) -

Sigh.

Who's left, then?

#30 Posted by bunchanumbers (1164 posts) -

@charizard1605: Nintendo and Ouya are all that's left.

#31 Posted by charizard1605 (57747 posts) -

@bunchanumbers: Yes, but Nintendo doesn't have an online network that could get hacked.

This is a lie, I've been playing MK8 online all day ^_^

#32 Edited by Zero5000X (8201 posts) -

Literally the only thing that is showing as limited is the PBS app. Did this really need a thread?

#33 Posted by super600 (30667 posts) -

Whoever is doing this is in trouble now anyways.

#34 Posted by xhawk27 (7327 posts) -

I didn't even know about this hacking until now. I was playing Madden 15 after downloading it around 2:00 PDT and playing until about 5:30.

#35 Posted by vaderhater (3971 posts) -

It is only affecting party chat in Diablo3. Not the same scale at all.

#36 Edited by super600 (30667 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

Now these fers are hacking XBL. I hope the FBI finds these fools.

Xbox live is now back online. The FBI is currently investigating something that this group and some other person did that is not connected to the DDOS attacks.

#37 Posted by DHMATT90 (139 posts) -

@SolidTy: lol

Exactly what I was doing hahah

#38 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

Man, these guys are assholes. Thankfully, Battle.net is working fine now, and I have a bunch of single player games on my plate right now, anyway.

Still, I look forward to the news about them being arrested. DDoSing ain't nice, but you're a whole new level of stupid once you call in a bomb threat to a major airline that forces them to reroute a plane.

#39 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10570 posts) -

What a wonderful group of people

#40 Posted by SolidTy (43382 posts) -
@dhmatt90 said:

@SolidTy: lol

Exactly what I was doing hahah

Playing SP games?

#41 Edited by DHMATT90 (139 posts) -

guy just posted

Lizard Squad: Sup XBL Login, just performing tests.

Can't wait to see the news saying they got caught lol

#42 Posted by lamprey263 (23972 posts) -

When I read the headline I was thinking Anonymous was pissed about Tomb Raider going timed exclusive or something and thinking "jeez, is this what we're gonna have to put up with now every time something goes exclusive".

#43 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (19940 posts) -

@xhawk27: You didn't seem to have a problem when it was just happening to Sony.

#44 Posted by nervmeister (15245 posts) -

"About to get worse it seems, for Sony"

@Opus_Rea-333:

Actually, since the FBI's now involved, things are about to get worse for Lizard Squad if they don't call it a day and quit while they can.

#45 Posted by charizard1605 (57747 posts) -

I just logged into PSN, can others see if it's working again?

#46 Posted by gago-gago (9486 posts) -

Signed on and played online with no problems on Xbox One and Xbox 360. The status just says something about PBS and Diablo 3. Wow. :/ PSN is still dead.

#47 Posted by SolidTy (43382 posts) -

@dhmatt90 said:

guy just posted

Lizard Squad: Sup XBL Login, just performing tests.

Can't wait to see the news saying they got caught lol

"Lizard Squad: Sup XBL Login, just performing tests."

I wonder what kind of XBL Login tests they are doing?

#48 Edited by SolidTy (43382 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

PSN has been working for me, but I'm just streaming some shows and I'm heading out to meet some friends in a few hours so I won't be on PSN much longer.

I don't want to get wrapped up in a game before I leave.

#49 Posted by charizard1605 (57747 posts) -

@SolidTy said:
@charizard1605 said:

It's been working for me, but I'm just streaming some show and I'm heading out to meet some friends in a few hours.

I don't think media services were affected.

That said, I was able to go online, see my friends' activities, leave some comments, like some stuff, send a message. Everything works.

#50 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (1203 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Just tried....says "Cannot connect to server".