Xbox live rewards are a a joke!

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="Jonwh18"]

L See this is what happens with PSN+, kids grow up to be spoiled self-entitled rotten brats. XBL builds character and humility, and is thus far superior.

[spoiler] XBL is a joke :lol::lol::lol: [/spoiler]

-Patrick_92-

You're forgetting the part where Sony takes all that stuff away from you as soon as you cancel the subscription. So in reality, you don't own any of it.

MS takes away your online play when your subscription ends...but that's okay right? I don't get to keep watching movies off Netflix when my subscription ends, why should I expect anything different with PS+?

PS+ is a great deal, it's not for everyone, but it is a great service.

Uh, when your 'gold' subscription ends you can still use Netflix with the free silver account. You still own all the games you bought on live.. have you ever used an xbox before with just silver membership?
SectorSix6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 SectorSix6
Member since 2012 • 201 Posts
[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

[QUOTE="percech"] You're forgetting the part where Sony takes all that stuff away from you as soon as you cancel the subscription. So in reality, you don't own any of it.Phazevariance

MS takes away your online play when your subscription ends...but that's okay right? I don't get to keep watching movies off Netflix when my subscription ends, why should I expect anything different with PS+?

Uh, when your 'gold' subscription ends you can still use Netflix with the free silver account.

No, you cannot.
Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#54 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

Better than 19 Microsoft Points.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
giving back to the "community"
Killzonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 Killzonage
Member since 2012 • 397 Posts
[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

[QUOTE="percech"] You're forgetting the part where Sony takes all that stuff away from you as soon as you cancel the subscription. So in reality, you don't own any of it.Phazevariance

Uh, when your 'gold' subscription ends you can still use Netflix with the free silver account. You still own all the games you bought on live.. have you ever used an xbox before with just silver membership?

I don't think that you can use Netflix without Gold.
Killzonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Killzonage

Better than 19 Microsoft Points.

Goyoshi12
This made me LOL
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Honestly why did Microsoft even bother with this, if the rewards are so ****ing small lol. I think the other two rewards were just 1% and 2% off permanently on anything.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
they expire as well
-Patrick_92-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 -Patrick_92-
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

Netflix was just another example of a subscription service, comparing it to PS+, in the way that you don't get to keep the movies you get from Netflix or use their streaming service after your subscription ends with them, just like how you can't play the free games you get from PS+ when that subscription ends. I wasn't even saying anything about Silver membership and Netflix usage before, but since you brought it up, you're wrong lol. You have to have Gold to use Netflix, sad but true.

And of course you own the games you bought on Live, same goes for PS+. Anything you buy, even with the PS+ discounts, you keep, and yes even after your subscription runs out. Only the "free" games lock after the subscription ends.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]They don't have to charge you for XBL either...but they still do. -Patrick_92-

its also the best online service on consoles this gen. just because sony took their head out of their ass the last 2 years doesn't negate the entire gen.

I'm just going to save you and myself some time and forget about this discussion, this arguement has been discussed far too many times by far too many people.

I'll say: Free > $60 for the same P2P servers

You'll say: Party Chat

I'll say: Still not worth $60 a year.

You'll say: haha PSN hacked!

I'll say: XBL has been hacked before too

And this will go just keep going in circles...like the rest of SW.

you're free to assume whatever you want but it doesn't change the fact that xbl has been the best and most consistent online service on consoles since last gen
Killzonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Killzonage
As someone who has been on both services, besides party chat I really can't tell the difference.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 mems_1224
Notice the odd ammount, 20 points. Just enough for OCD gamers to have to buy more points so they can spend the odd 20 points away. I really wish MS would use real dollar ammounts, but they're d!cks so they won't.getyeryayasout
yea, the MS point system is dumb but its not any different than charging $4.99 for something and then having that penny left over which is what they would probably do if they got rid of the point system.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
lol they could at least give you just enough to actually buy something from the marketplace, like an avatar item, or something. And is that your E-card? if so happy birthday.
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts

Man that sucks, I was just given 467 MS points through Xbox live rewards. Atleast I can do something with mine.

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
Wait, I thought you couldn't use Netflix on a Silver account. Dont you have to be Gold?
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 mems_1224
[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="getyeryayasout"]Notice the odd ammount, 20 points. Just enough for OCD gamers to have to buy more points so they can spend the odd 20 points away. I really wish MS would use real dollar ammounts, but they're d!cks so they won't.getyeryayasout
yea, the MS point system is dumb but its not any different than charging $4.99 for something and then having that penny left over which is what they would probably do if they got rid of the point system.

At least the penny is gone the next time ypu make a $4.99 purche. I've had 60 points on my XBL account, mocking me for the past two months. I've even considered buying avatar items just to make it go away, which is why it's set up that way. All game companies want our cash, but MS is so skeezy about it.

i mean, MS is a crappy company and i dont really like supporting them but imo they have put out the best console this gen.
silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
LOL what the f*ck? High quality trollin right there.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Yeah XBLG, the Dashboard and these schemes are a joke, that goes without saying. What astounds me is how Microsoft have torpedoed the service in the last few years, from the interface to the marketplace. They've managed to turn away customers and developers despite having it all in the bag at one stage. Classic Microsoft I guess.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#73 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Yeah XBLG, the Dashboard and these schemes are a joke, that goes without saying. What astounds me is how Microsoft have torpedoed the service in the last few years, from the interface to the marketplace. They've managed to turn away customers and developers despite having it all in the bag at one stage. Classic Microsoft I guess.

RIGHT? There was a point where Microsoft had so many awesome systems in place. From the XNA stuff, to the way they handled arcade/indie games(besides the dev process), to their interface, and then god knows what the hell happened.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
20 MSP, thats saying something man...GulliversTravel
Lmao, 20 points.SaltyMeatballs

:lol: What's the point of that?

cain006
lolz
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

25 cents :lol:

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#76 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
I've got 260 reward points, I think. Will have another 400 on top of that when I cash in my Bing rewards.
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

In the good spirit of gift giving & receiving; isn't it the thought that counts? :? :twisted:

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

[QUOTE="YoshiYogurt"][QUOTE="percech"] You're forgetting the part where Sony takes all that stuff away from you as soon as you cancel the subscription. So in reality, you don't own any of it.-Patrick_92-

Pretty sure you don't lose you downloaded PSN+ games when your superscription runs out, although I don't have a ps3 so I'm not sure.

The games you download for free you no longer can play until you renew your subscription. Everything else you keep, games you bought with PS+ discounts, avatars, themes, betas, and I believe DLC you get for free all stay without renewing your subscription.

Just puts into perspective how crap XBLG actually is.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Yeah XBLG, the Dashboard and these schemes are a joke, that goes without saying. What astounds me is how Microsoft have torpedoed the service in the last few years, from the interface to the marketplace. They've managed to turn away customers and developers despite having it all in the bag at one stage. Classic Microsoft I guess.jg4xchamp
RIGHT? There was a point where Microsoft had so many awesome systems in place. From the XNA stuff, to the way they handled arcade/indie games(besides the dev process), to their interface, and then god knows what the hell happened.

Gosh, they really really did. XBLA was the most attractive place for any sort of developer to sell their stuff, XNA was an absolutely wonderful kit - and still is great (yet they've nuked support for it), and there was the promising placement of the indie channel. The Dashboard with its blades was fast and easy to use, and the ease of use, and focus on game content made the XBLG price tag digestible even for a bastard like me.And then yeah, they sunk it.

Word has it that everyone involved in the Xbox 360's development, who was a major decision maker, up until 2007 is gone; those were people who put tons of love and care into making the best games console possible, and were given free reign to make it happen, and it damn well worked. And then things changed, management and direction and the transition to what the console is today happened. Mind you this is all from what I've heard on podcasts, like Giant Bomb's and all, but it all seems to fit with how things changed on our end.

Gah, it just sucks.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
I got the same email, but my birthday is in March. Not sure if M$ have screwed up or if i entered the wrong month ...
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
its also the best online service on consoles this gen.mems_1224
Lol it's always amusing to see lems justifying their rip off.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 mems_1224
[QUOTE="mems_1224"]its also the best online service on consoles this gen.kuraimen
Lol it's always amusing to see lems justifying their rip off.

unlike you i actually own all consoles and can form my own opinions unlike you.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
Whoa! Not everything at once, Microsoft.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 jg4xchamp

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]Yeah XBLG, the Dashboard and these schemes are a joke, that goes without saying. What astounds me is how Microsoft have torpedoed the service in the last few years, from the interface to the marketplace. They've managed to turn away customers and developers despite having it all in the bag at one stage. Classic Microsoft I guess.skrat_01

Gosh, they really really did. XBLA was the most attractive place for any sort of developer to sell their stuff, XNA was an absolutely wonderful kit - and still is great (yet they've nuked support for it), and there was the promising placement of the indie channel. The Dashboard with its blades was fast and easy to use, and the ease of use, and focus on game content made the XBLG price tag digestible even for a bastard like me.And then yeah, they sunk it.

Word has it that everyone involved in the Xbox 360's development, who was a major decision maker, up until 2007 is gone; those were people who put tons of love and care into making the best games console possible, and were given free reign to make it happen, and it damn well worked. And then things changed, management and direction and the transition to what the console is today happened. Mind you this is all from what I've heard on podcasts, like Giant Bomb's and all, but it all seems to fit with how things changed on our end.

Gah, it just sucks.

Given the changes in philosophy at the xbox division I don't doubt it.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#85 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

I got my first 2% rebate this month for being a whateverthef**khighesttierlevel!

A whole 20 points! ROLLIN' IN THEM MS POINTS B!!!

BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#86 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts
Yeah, this is ridiculous. When the 720 comes out, assuming they are still asking people to pay for XBL, they need to give a little more incentive. I always thought that they should do something like -- "Every time you get all the achievements for one game, you get 50 MS points", or "For every 10,000 achievement points you get 100 MS points". Nothing too big, but it gives people more incentive to buy games and play them all of the way through. Plus, it would be a nice nod to the people who pay $60 a year for a similar service that is given for free to other gamers.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#87 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
i remember someone brought that up a while back. honestly, they were better off not giving anything :P
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 jg4xchamp

A whole 20 points! ROLLIN' IN THEM MS POINTS B!!!

The_Game21x

ERRYBODY GETS POINTS B, ERRYBODY GETS POINTS!!

SectorSix6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 SectorSix6
Member since 2012 • 201 Posts
I got the same email, but my birthday is in March. Not sure if M$ have screwed up or if i entered the wrong month ...RR360DD
most likely you putting the wrong month since you're an idiot.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#90 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]Whoa! Not everything at once, Microsoft.

Indeed. I've already gotten so many. I love you Microsoft.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
Thank you Microsoft.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
I hate free shiit too... 20 points isnt very much, but I never understood the mentality of biitching about getting something just for opening your eyes in the morning. People were doing this after the psn outage and I thought it was lame too... How about ms gives everyone $10 every birthday x 40+million gold members = bankruptcy in one year... dont be stupid system wars. Its not becoming of you.TheEroica
:lol: :lol:. Maybe they could just give you the $10 of the xbl costs that go to Activision for CoD maps. Also, do you really think it costs $60 from every user to keep M$ afloat? They wouldn't go bankrupt.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#93 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
It is pretty poor I must say. However it's better than a "FREE avatar on us!!".
Avatar image for xblocklaunchpad
xblocklaunchpad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 xblocklaunchpad
Member since 2012 • 138 Posts
Xbox live is a joke now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OZfXnN1rYg Any real xbox gamer would know where this song is from..without looking at comments. LYRICS DESCRIBE XBOX LIVE NOW...... I'VE FAILED!
Avatar image for xblocklaunchpad
xblocklaunchpad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 xblocklaunchpad
Member since 2012 • 138 Posts
xbox live 2002-2003 rip \m/
percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"][QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]MS takes away your online play when your subscription ends...but that's okay right? I don't get to keep watching movies off Netflix when my subscription ends, why should I expect anything different with PS+?

-Patrick_92-

Netflix was just another example of a subscription service, comparing it to PS+, in the way that you don't get to keep the movies you get from Netflix or use their streaming service after your subscription ends with them, just like how you can't play the free games you get from PS+ when that subscription ends. I wasn't even saying anything about Silver membership and Netflix usage before, but since you brought it up, you're wrong lol. You have to have Gold to use Netflix, sad but true.

And of course you own the games you bought on Live, same goes for PS+. Anything you buy, even with the PS+ discounts, you keep, and yes even after your subscription runs out. Only the "free" games lock after the subscription ends.

That's a terrible example. Netflix doesn't advertise that you get free movies. PS+ uses "free games" ads all the time. It's not true though, and in the long run you come to realize that you're paying money for games you don't own and for a bunch of extra crap you never wanted. With Netflix you get to choose what movie you want, you don't choose what game you want with PS+. Also,at least with XBL, there's something people are willing to pay for. What in god's name would people want from PS+?
Killzonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Killzonage

[QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"] Uh, when your 'gold' subscription ends you can still use Netflix with the free silver account. You still own all the games you bought on live.. have you ever used an xbox before with just silver membership?percech

That's a terrible example. Netflix doesn't advertise that you get free movies. PS+ uses "free games" ads all the time. It's not true though, and in the long run you come to realize that you're paying money for games you don't own and for a bunch of extra crap you never wanted. With Netflix you get to choose what movie you want, you don't choose what game you want with PS+. Also,at least with XBL, there's something people are willing to pay for. What in god's name would people want from PS+?

Uhhh Free games, themes and avatars, discounts maybe? The real question is, what are people paying 50 dollars a year for xbl for?

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

kFZ5q.png

Seriously? That's 25 cents! Required to pay to play online, ads plastered all over the dashboard, and the sales and rewards are pathatic. Xbox live is fueled by greed. The ps3 offers and optional pay service that actually gives free games and good sales..., Steam gives crazy sales for FREE

YoshiYogurt

psn is free and you get what you pay for. Go back to nintendo, kid.

percech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 percech
Member since 2011 • 5237 Posts

[QUOTE="percech"][QUOTE="-Patrick_92-"]Netflix was just another example of a subscription service, comparing it to PS+, in the way that you don't get to keep the movies you get from Netflix or use their streaming service after your subscription ends with them, just like how you can't play the free games you get from PS+ when that subscription ends. I wasn't even saying anything about Silver membership and Netflix usage before, but since you brought it up, you're wrong lol. You have to have Gold to use Netflix, sad but true.

Killzonage

Uhhh Free games, themes and avatars, discounts maybe? The real question is, what are people paying 50 dollars a year for xbl for?

Are you kidding? None of those things you listed are free...and how are they discounts when you're paying $50 a year for them and are forced to use them to get something in return of your $50 anyway? People pay for online mp on XBL.
YoshiYogurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 YoshiYogurt
Member since 2010 • 6008 Posts
Only 780 more points and I can get FEZ! Wooo!