Xbox Live in 2002 has better Online the Wii U does in 2013

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MLG420errday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MLG420errday
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Xbox Live allowed gamers to...

Join a friends game from another game

Games like Halo 2 allowed 4 player splitscreen ONLINE, tell me one game on Nintendo systems that has ever done that.

Gamertags

Private Chat with Voice/Text

Private Messages with Voice/Text

VOICE CHAT IN EVERY GAME

XBL a STANDARD in every game

Up to 24 Player Online support in FPS/Action games

Lobby List

DLC

And the best of all this, it's been 11 years since all this started on Xbox and the Wii U still can't compete.

Nintendo is a joke

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

When it comes to online Nintendo is pretty bad. I still don't understand why Nintendo is so against making online friends easier to play with and talk to.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

Eh, the games I play on Wii U are best suited for couch play. Doesn't bother me.

MLG420errday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MLG420errday

@PonchoTaco said:

Eh, the games I play on Wii U are best suited for couch play. Doesn't bother me.

This a big factor for a lot of the people who would want to buy one, the console has a very disconnected experience.

Playstation and XBL have actual online communities/services and they feel a lot more alive.

There is no excuse to why Nintendo's online is worse than a service was that started over a decade ago.

inb4 Nintendo fans come defend Nintendo

MLG420errday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MLG420errday

@AutoPilotOn said:

When it comes to online Nintendo is pretty bad. I still don't understand why Nintendo is so against making online friends easier to play with and talk to.

Nintendo is retarded when it comes to online, friend codes should be a parental control feature.

Gamertags for people that are over the age of 16.

Guess Nintendo knows who buys their consoles, kids.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

@mlg420errday said:

@PonchoTaco said:

This a big factor for a lot of the people who would want to buy one, the console has a very disconnected experience.

Playstation and XBL have actual online communities/services and they feel a lot more alive.

There is no excuse to why Nintendo's online is worse than a service was that started over a decade ago.

Do Nintendo fans really want online? Couch play is always more fun. Most games are gimping out on that nowadays.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AutoPilotOn

There is a reason Nintendo consoles are really only bought for Nintendo games. My wiiu is just for playing some virtual consoles games, Mario, Zelda, smash brothers. I would never buy a multilplat game in wiiu.

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts

@mlg420errday: If the wii U was more powerful and had much better online like sony and MS, the wii u could be the best system out of all three.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

@AutoPilotOn said:

Nintendo's not targeting the same demographic as Sony and MS. Nintendo's demographic gets out of school, then walks/takes the bus home at the same time 5 days a week. With less responsibilities children playdates are easier to coordinate when compared to adults. How many of your friends live in your neighborhood, work in the same building and are on same schedule as you?

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

@PonchoTaco said:

@mlg420errday said:

@PonchoTaco said:

Do Nintendo fans really want online? Couch play is always more fun. Most games are gimping out on that nowadays.

Yes, couch play is always the best way to play multiplayer. But still, it would be nice to have the option to play online.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#11 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Maybe in the features department, but I have yet to experience a drop out of game moment on the WiiU on any of my Online games. (except for WiiU Sports Club, but I'm pretty sure the person had to turn off the WiiU for some reason.)

and if I'm not mistaken

1. I don't think You could do this on Playstation either, I can't remember. Though this is something Nintendo should put in their Console. 3DS has the option.
  2. I haven't tested it yet considering I have only two controllers, but Call of Duty on WiiU may actually let you do this.
  3. Freakin' Nintendo IDs don't count?
  4. There is WiiU video Chat, but you can't have a lobby (just 1on1 chatting). for the most part Nintendo is on Defcon 5 or whatever on Social Interactions because of the Swap Note Fiasco so they're behind on that.
  5. You can still PM on WiiU just through Miiverse. Also Xbox Live's Voice Messages sucked.
  6. Most Games on WiiU actually have Voice Chat and really there is no reason for there to NOT be voice chat in any Online Multiplayer game considering the WiiU pad comes with one built in. This is really entirely up to the developers.
  7. Miiverse also has to be a standard in All WiiU games. I don't see what your point was here.
  8. Well WiiU can handle up to 18 as far as we know thanks to Call of Duty. So far there's nothing like Battlefield on WiiU.
  9. This is also entirely up to developers. Why a game like Injustice doesn't have a Lobby list yet Monster Hunter does baffles me.
  10. WiiU does have DLC. It has DLC for Pikmin, Mario, Injustice, Assassin's Creed, Ninja Gaiden, etc.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@Bangerman15 said:

@mlg420errday: If the wii U was more powerful and had much better online like sony and MS, the wii u could be the best system out of all three.

If everything was different, everything would be different

derp derp derp

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

I agree 100% with this nintendo on-line is a joke no communication,wii codes (lucky its gone) xbox live in 2002 was much more refined

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AutoPilotOn

4. The swap note issue just happened Nintendo is always scared about private chat for some reason. I don't see what is the issue. Put partental controls for chatting and be done with it. Just because Nintendo is scared some kid will give out their id then privately chat with perv shouldn't effect all people.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@Bangerman15 said:

I seriously doubt it. Nintendo's problem is that it's too fcking cheap, They're not willing to spend money to make money, rather they play it safe and go for things they more or less know will make money. Using the least amount of cash to make a buck, this is very true in the business world but not when there's heavy competition and you're losing, da fawk? Wii U is too expensive for it's tech, the 3DS is expensive for it's tech.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

@Joedgabe: difference is the 3ds has a boatload of good games that give it value.

The wii u, not so much

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@Shinobishyguy said:

@Joedgabe: difference is the 3ds has a boatload of good games that give it value.

The wii u, not so much

Yes but they're taking advantage of that with over priced tech. It's like Alienware for PC, over pricing PC as a gaming console because of all the good games it has + graphics. But it's not that the 3DS is not affordable, but my point is nintendo's suit and ties are cheap fvcks and it shows a lot. It's like they don't care about the company's future. They just wanna make the most money possible using the least resources until it dies and they leave.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I think it's pretty obvious to everyone by now that Nintendo simply doesn't "get it" when it comes to online gaming. They don't understand online or that there Is a demand for it.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@mlg420errday:

Why does PC in 2002 have better online than XBONE does?

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

Admittedly, Nintendo is behind with their online infrastructure. BUT, they are trying, and are getting somewhere recently with Wii U. At the same time, they're kind of doing it their own way. So to address some points of yours.

1. Nintendo sort of does this, but not very well. The closest thing is the 3DS can pause the game, go to the friends list, and join someone's game (e.g Mario Kart 7).

2. Mario Kart Wii can do this. Online+local multi-player at the same time.

3. Nintendo Network IDs - which isn't a number anymore, it's an actual name.

4. Not really available.

5. Not really, but you can send voice clips and text through Nintendo Letterbox on 3DS. But this is nowhere near as good or streamlined as Xbox. This also has been disabled (hopefully temporarily).

6. Not really available.

To 4/5/6: It is getting there, and Nintendo are concerned about safety. So they'll get there cautiously. Their caution brought about the most positive online community as well: Miiverse. So there are benefits.

7. I don't know if standardising in every game is a good thing. But, developers can choose to integrate Miiverse and Online into whatever game.

8. Nintendo doesn't really do FPS/Action games in general.

9. Not apparent.

10. Nintendo have been doing DLC, and apparently they've been doing it really well in times of price/value (e.g Pikmin 3).

The main things to consider is that:

- Nintendo is slow, but they are at least trying

- It's free, and totally usable and fun

- Nintendo have successfully put their own spin on online integration

@mlg420errday said:

Xbox Live allowed gamers to...

1. Join a friends game from another game

2. Games like Halo 2 allowed 4 player splitscreen ONLINE, tell me one game on Nintendo systems that has ever done that.

3. Gamertags

4. Private Chat with Voice/Text

5. Private Messages with Voice/Text

6. VOICE CHAT IN EVERY GAME

7. XBL a STANDARD in every game

8. Up to 24 Player Online support in FPS/Action games

9. Lobby List

10. DLC

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Back in 04, Iwata said gamers don't want online and he labelled it a fad, so the current state of online multiplayer on the Wii U doesn't surprise me in the slightest bit.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

@Telekill said:

I think it's pretty obvious to everyone by now that Nintendo simply doesn't "get it" when it comes to online gaming. They don't understand online or that there Is a demand for it.

I'm sure there are people at Nintendo that do "get it". But Iwata has made it pretty clear that Nintendo is not trying to compete with MS and Sony. No point in being competitive when you don't perceive any competition. Get rid of the old regime and you might see Nintendo make a console worth a damn. Their current strategy of price skimming with no games, then emergency price-cut and a half-a-dozen games with Mario in the title doesn't seem to be very effective in the console market.

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#25  Edited By Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

@mlg420errday said:

Games like Halo 2 allowed 4 player splitscreen ONLINE, tell me one game on Nintendo systems that has ever done that.

Gamertags

XBL a STANDARD in every game

Up to 24 Player Online support in FPS/Action games

Lobby List

DLC

All of these are possible with the Wii U. Also, Halo 2 was not released in 2002.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Nintendo is ol' school mang.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@hoodedjustice3 said:

None of you understand japanese culture. There is a reason that xbox doesn't sell in Japan (besides being illegal).

Huh, what is that supposed to mean? SEGA had SEGA Channel for the Genesis, SEGA NetLink for the Saturn, SEGA Net for the Dreamcast, and Sony is continually pushing their online infrastructure forward. Nintendo is just both incompetent and lazy in this area of gaming.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@PonchoTaco said:

@mlg420errday said:

@PonchoTaco said:

This is the most stupidest thing i ever read. In short you saying why Mobile phones needs internet, camera and extra stuff when we use mobile only for talking?

If everybody has your logic, then we would still had Wii grahpic games.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

Nintendo are stuck in the stone age, it will take them 30 years just to catch up to sony and microsoft

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Iwata a few years back: "Nobody wants online games".

Iwata, a few years less back: "we're so far behind Sony and MS in this respect that it's too late to catch up".

That foresight! That drive! And gamers wonder why Nintendo's online offerings are in the current state they are....why, exactly? Best CEO ever I'm convinced.

Anyway, what astonishes me about Nintendo's use of the net is its refusal to really utilize its backlog to its fullest extent. If I could play Super Metroid, Super Mario World, FFVI, Mario RPG, ALttP, F-Zero, and many others on my 3DS I'd more than likely buy a Wii U tomorrow. But Nintendo refuses to do this and for the life of me I can't fathom why. Strange they don't like money even though they refuse to spend it. They have SO much cash that people are willing to throw their way yet make no attempt to grab it that this level of incompetence and stubbornness is simply breathtaking.

But hey, if their online offering was great they'd be copying Sony and MS, and we can't have that, can we? Better to be different and unique through mediocrity.

Keep on truckin', Nintendo.

And also, I've heard that the Wii and Wii U's VC stores are separate and it's required to rebuy the same games for each platform. Is this true? If so, it's one of the greediest, anti consumer policies out there.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LegatoSkyheart

@MirkoS77 said:

Iwata, a few years less back: "we're so far behind Sony and MS in this respect that it's too late to catch up".

That foresight! That drive! And gamers wonder why Nintendo's online offerings are in the current state they are....why, exactly? Best CEO ever I'm convinced.

Anyway, what astonishes me about Nintendo's use of the net is its refusal to really utilize its backlog to its fullest extent. If I could play Super Metroid, Super Mario World, FFVI, Mario RPG, ALttP, F-Zero, and many others on my 3DS I'd more than likely buy a Wii U tomorrow. But Nintendo refuses to do this and for the life of me I can't fathom why. Strange they don't like money even though they refuse to spend it. They have SO much cash that people are willing to throw their way yet make no attempt to grab it that this level of incompetence and stubbornness is simply breathtaking.

But hey, if their online offering was great they'd be copying Sony and MS, and we can't have that, can we? Better to be different and unique through mediocrity.

And also, I've heard that the Wii and Wii U's VC stores are separate and it's required to rebuy the same games for each platform. Is this true? If so, it's one of the greediest, anti consumer policies out there.

Well if you could play SNES games on your 3DS you would probably be likely to NOT buy a WiiU since why buy a WiiU when I can buy all the games I want on my 3DS?

And the Wii and WiiU's Virtual Consoles are separate. Wii's Virtual Console is also much larger than WiiU's Virtual Console, and no you are NOT required to buy both. You can either wait for the game to be released on the WiiU's Virtual Console, or you can just buy a Game that's on the Wii's Virtual Console already and start playing it.

The Difference between both Wii Virtual Console and WiiU Virtual Console is Miiverse and Gamepad play, Although you can already play Wii Virtual Console games through the Gamepad, you'll need a Wiimote or C.Controller to play them. If you bought a game through Wii VC, but want Miiverse and Gamepad play you'll have to pay an addition $1 or $2 for the same game on the WiiU Virtual Console.

and you could always wait for Sales on the eShop too, because the discounts stack.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Yes, this is true. Xbox Original had comfortably better online. Nintendo just aren't very good technically and don't appear to care.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Well if you could play SNES games on your 3DS you would probably be likely to NOT buy a WiiU since why buy a WiiU when I can buy all the games I want on my 3DS?

And the Wii and WiiU's Virtual Consoles are separate. Wii's Virtual Console is also much larger than WiiU's Virtual Console, and no you are NOT required to buy both. You can either wait for the game to be released on the WiiU's Virtual Console, or you can just buy a Game that's on the Wii's Virtual Console already and start playing it.

The Difference between both Wii Virtual Console and WiiU Virtual Console is Miiverse and Gamepad play, Although you can already play Wii Virtual Console games through the Gamepad, you'll need a Wiimote or C.Controller to play them. If you bought a game through Wii VC, but want Miiverse and Gamepad play you'll have to pay an addition $1 or $2 for the same game on the WiiU Virtual Console.

and you could always wait for Sales on the eShop too, because the discounts stack.

That's the most complicated thing I've ever read.

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

does wii-u even have friend lists yet?

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LegatoSkyheart

@kemar7856 said:

does wii-u even have friend lists yet?

it's always had.

@locopatho said:

That's the most complicated thing I've ever read.

simply it's this.

WiiVC and WiiUVC are not the same.

WiiVC does not have Tablet control support, but can still be played on Tablet with Wiimote or C.Controller.

WiiUVC has Tablet support and Miiverse.

Buy game on WiiVC get discount on WiiUVC.