xbox invokes achievement rewards. details inside

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ionusX (25715 posts) -

XBL has finally decided to put gamerscores to good use. as a result they will begin rolling out a rewards program though atm its very crude

for those with 3k - 9,999 achievement points you will recieve a special gift on your official birthday.

those with 10k - 24,999 you are given a permanent 1% off discount on XBLA titles, DLC, games on demand, avatar shwag, etc..

those with 25k+ you get a permanent 2% off any XBLA purchases.... (see list above for 1% reward)

you may not however use your 1-2% off discount for purchasing gold status memberships or renewing it

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/earning-xbox-360-achievement-points-now-saves-you-money/0103690

#2 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42649 posts) -
It's a start at least.
#3 Posted by hockeyruler12 (8115 posts) -

2%? Lol.

#4 Posted by dxmcat (1121 posts) -

the special gift you receive on your birthday is.......... a 0.5% discount!

#5 Posted by freedomfreak (39374 posts) -
2%? I'm not complaining.
#6 Posted by Darkslayer16 (3611 posts) -

2% is worthless

#7 Posted by TecmoGirl (3965 posts) -

OdoJo.gif How generous of them. Nothing says I appreciate you being dumb enough to pay for our online service like a 1%/2% discount and a birthday gift that probably won't even be free.

#8 Posted by locopatho (20192 posts) -
2% discount for me, hey not bad :P
#9 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
you may not however use your 1-2% off discount for purchasing gold status memberships or renewing itionusX
Lol so the reward is getting less ripped off than you usually do?? Lol oh M$ you're smart and oh lems you're not very smart.
#10 Posted by PinnacleGamingP (5208 posts) -
50% off extended warranty for specific RROD cases in some parts of America!!!
#11 Posted by Heil68 (43585 posts) -

2%? Lol.

hockeyruler12
#12 Posted by SecretPolice (21545 posts) -

Eh, better than a sharp stick in the eye but TBH MS, Achievement Still Locked. :P

#13 Posted by Ilikemyname420 (5146 posts) -
In other words: With10k - 24,999 you can buy 100 get one free. With 25k+ you can buy 50 get one free
#14 Posted by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

lame

#15 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

great news.

MDC

#16 Posted by Animal-Mother (26574 posts) -

Lol 2% I can save 30 cents on 15 dollar DLC!

#17 Posted by ShyGai (93 posts) -

That's nice of them... kinda pointless looking at the discount , but nice of them.

#18 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

It may not be much, but at least it's better than nothing.

Hopefully Sony does something similar, sure with Plus it already gives you massive savings, but competition breeds the better product. That way these two compete to offer better rewards with their trophies/achievemnt systems.

#19 Posted by Animal-Mother (26574 posts) -

Hopefully Sony does something similar, sure with Plus it already gives you massive savings, but competition breeds the better product. That way these two compete to offer better rewards with their trophies/achievemnt systems.

ShadowMoses900
How can sony really do any better than what they do now?
#20 Posted by RR360DD (11635 posts) -

ShadowMoses900
This is completely different. Microsoft has daily deals, and weekly deals on games and DLC. Thats more like PSN+
#21 Posted by True_Chaos_UK (2570 posts) -

They should stack I want 3% discount with the special gift on my birthday, backdated for the 7 years of missed birthdays.:P

#22 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
~30 cents off DLC? oh my god i'm going to be rich.
#23 Posted by LP4EVA2005 (8585 posts) -

OdoJo.gif How generous of them. Nothing says I appreciate you being dumb enough to pay for our online service like a 1%/2% discount and a birthday gift that probably won't even be free.

TecmoGirl
#24 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

2%? Lol.

hockeyruler12

That'll save me twenty whole cents on a $10 XBLA game! :o

:lol:

#25 Posted by sSubZerOo (43095 posts) -
bout fvcking time..
#26 Posted by OhJayDubya (1142 posts) -

TecmoGirl
#27 Posted by sts106mat (19074 posts) -
Its not a lot, but better than nothing, implementing this must be a nightmare, my Gs is just under 70k. when I first heard of this I thought it would be useless crap for your avatar or something. But still its better than nothing .
#28 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42649 posts) -

[QUOTE="hockeyruler12"]

2%? Lol.

The_Game21x

And if you buy a handful of them, you save enough to buy yourself a cheeseburger.
#29 Posted by rilpas (8222 posts) -
it's a start I suppose
#30 Posted by free_milk (4368 posts) -
Wow so many jelous cows on this thread. I am ashamed of owning a ps3 ):
#31 Posted by locopatho (20192 posts) -
[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

[QUOTE="hockeyruler12"]

2%? Lol.

Stevo_the_gamer

And if you buy a handful of them, you save enough to buy yourself a cheeseburger.

It's official: MS provides free cheeseburgers, rejoice!
#32 Posted by Animal-Mother (26574 posts) -

[QUOTE="hockeyruler12"]

2%? Lol.

The_Game21x

Think about all the penny stocks we can buy!
#33 Posted by KiZZo1 (3965 posts) -

* Birthday Gift (approximate retail value ("ARV"): $0.25 USD)

Gabeburger1.jpeg

#34 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -

ShadowMoses900
Sony already gives much more than that by not ripping people off for online. Now PSN+ its overkill.
#35 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42649 posts) -
[QUOTE="locopatho"] It's official: MS provides free cheeseburgers, rejoice!

subrosian would have been pleased by this long ago when he lost his cheeseburger bet.
#36 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

[QUOTE="locopatho"] It's official: MS provides free cheeseburgers, rejoice!Stevo_the_gamer
subrosian would have been pleased by this long ago when he lost his cheeseburger bet.

Both he and Teuf owe me some videos/pictures! :x

#37 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

1% and 2% are just insulting :lol: How much are you going to save, 10 to 20 MS-points per purchase? :lol:

#38 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -
Guess it's official; Achievements > Trophies.
#39 Posted by xOMGITSJASONx (2634 posts) -

Sounds great. I need to get my 25,000G soon so I can save that 2%.

#40 Posted by Microsoft1234 (7674 posts) -
Still don't understand how kids enjoy going for achievements, mainly the achievement whores. Play some multiplayer: you bks.
#41 Posted by xOMGITSJASONx (2634 posts) -

1% and 2% are just insulting :lol: How much are you going to save, 10 to 20 MS-points per purchase? :lol:

DrTrafalgarLaw

True but its better than nothing. Its nothing compared to PSN+ as I played like 20 full free games using that set-up this year.

#42 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -
Guess it's official; Achievements > Trophies.bbkkristian
Only by a 1% margin though :lol:
#43 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10579 posts) -
2% Rebate? WOOOOOAAHH That will surely keep me loyal to the Xbox brand and I'll def. buy the next Xbox. Microsoft is sure one consumer-friendly company. :) /s
#44 Posted by Mcspanky37 (1695 posts) -

Keep the change yuh filthy animal

#45 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -
[QUOTE="bbkkristian"]Guess it's official; Achievements > Trophies.DrTrafalgarLaw

Yup, 1% better. The lems still win though. :P
#46 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

[QUOTE="DrTrafalgarLaw"][QUOTE="bbkkristian"]Guess it's official; Achievements > Trophies.bbkkristian

Yup, 1% better. The lems still win though. :P

That should be XBL's slogan, being 1% better warrants a yearly deposit of $60. :cool:

#47 Posted by LustForSoul (5851 posts) -
Of course, not available yet in my Country, screw that.
#49 Posted by Killrnut (123 posts) -

not a lot, but better than nothing.

i feel like MS did the bare minimum they could do to say they did more than nothing.

#50 Posted by DarkLink77 (31695 posts) -

2%? So if I send $100, I'll only actually be spending $98? How generous of them.