xbox glass, who hates it, who loves it, who is interested in it.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ForzaGearsFace
Member since 2011 • 3724 Posts

im interested, day 1 download for me.... Thoughts and opinions please..

interesting article

http://www.informationweek.com/news/hardware/desktop/240001577

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

A useless gimmick.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

It one of those things that may be useful to some people but has zero appeal to me. I don't love it, hate it, or find it interesting. I'm indifferent to it

quebec946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 quebec946
Member since 2007 • 1607 Posts

A useless gimmick.

GamerwillzPS

anything these days are forced gimmicks.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Could it be useful? Yes Is it in response to the Wii U tablet like Sony's cross connect thingy? Definitely
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Sounds like a half assed attack at the WiiU. Will any of it honestly be worth it? I love Game of Thrones but I couldn't see myself sitting there with my phone going, "Oh man, better check up with my phone and ignore the program so I can check where the characters are even though I can tell that by watching the program!!!"
ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ForzaGearsFace

Sounds like a half assed attack at the WiiU. Will any of it honestly be worth it? I love Game of Thrones but I couldn't see myself sitting there with my phone going, "Oh man, better check up with my phone and ignore the program so I can check where the characters are even though I can tell that by watching the program!!!"bobbetybob

maybe so but it still ooks like it could be nice.... and with that showing at e3 by nintendo i really think ms shouldnt have to worry much about wiiu

Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
The South Park guys destroyed it at it's own unveiling. "I've always wanted to play a game on my TV, with my phone next to me, connected to my tablet, connected to my computer, connected to my refrigerator..." It's a bad case of tech for the sake of tech. It's not filling any void. It's not doing anything that anybody ever asked for. I can be sent friend requests on my iPad, and accept them and it'll take me to the game on the screen? :o WOW! But wouldn't it be *way easier* to just send the invite via the xbox and the TV seeing as i'm already sat in front of it? Why put the controller down and pick up the iPad to do it?
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]Sounds like a half assed attack at the WiiU. Will any of it honestly be worth it? I love Game of Thrones but I couldn't see myself sitting there with my phone going, "Oh man, better check up with my phone and ignore the program so I can check where the characters are even though I can tell that by watching the program!!!"ForzaGearsFace

maybe so but it still ooks like it could be nice.... and with that showing at e3 by nintendo i really think ms shouldnt have to worry much about wiiu

Based on what Nintendo showed at E3 I don't think anyone has to worry about the Wii U :/

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

I could see it being useful.

Being able to browse IE and navigate my dash using my phone's touch screen is pretty cool. Game applications are a big unknown right now, as you should expect.

Imagine a game like Aliens: Colonial Marines where you could use you phone or tablet as the radar just like in the movie so you can free up some real estate on your TV screen.

Or maybe a game like Catherine where you get a call in the game... but instead your phone rings and you can read your texts/emails and send texts/emails from there. That could be a bit more immersive than seeing a simulate phone on your TV.

The tech's in its infancy so I imagine there will be more ideas floating around out there as time goes on.

FrozenLiquid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 FrozenLiquid
Member since 2007 • 13555 Posts
The one thing Microsoft has never been good at doing is innovation. They've never learnt from Apple how to marry innovation and social needs. I thought Windows 8 had useless features. It had nothing on SmartGlass. Cool concept, but.
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
It will have some fun uses that I will take advantage of but overall I am indifferent about it.
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Another useless techno "inovation"
MicrosoftRules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MicrosoftRules
Member since 2012 • 835 Posts

I'm interested as I will mostly be using it for Halo Waypoint on my phone.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
It seems pretty pointless.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

interesting article

ForzaGearsFace

i was going to read but then i saw the poster, which completely invalidates any relevance it has and its probably a random fanboy article like you.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52449 Posts

The South Park guys destroyed it at it's own unveiling. "I've always wanted to play a game on my TV, with my phone next to me, connected to my tablet, connected to my computer, connected to my refrigerator..." Ninja-Hippo

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#18 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Its like the new Sixaxis or Wii Speak, something that will be forced for a while before seeing the tiniest of use in later titles, if at all.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Looking down at a device for "radar" breaks the immersion.

Your eyes have to be constantly up down up down.

Gaming is going backwards.

I don't hate it, I just don't want it or know anybody who would.

Keep that crap off my games and put my radar on my goddamn screen where it's supposed to be.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#20 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
I'm indifferent.
ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ForzaGearsFace

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"]

interesting article

Krelian-co

i was going to read but then i saw the poster, which completely invalidates any relevance it has and its probably a random fanboy article like you.

ok so get the heck out of my thread, and sorry you are butthurt from previous ownage, now the door is that and dont let it hit you on the arse on the way out...

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#22 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Its like the new Sixaxis or Wii Speak, something that will be forced for a while before seeing the tiniest of use in later titles, if at all.

SPYDER0416
I really don;t see it being forced like sixaxis. I doubt essential functions of games will be tied to it.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

this looks dumb way to ruin your console more M$. i kind of wished they had fixed alot more than they have with the origional xbox.. it might have made be stay a console suer.. but man.. dat handling

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
Imagine a game like Aliens: Colonial Marines where you could use you phone or tablet as the radar just like in the movie so you can free up some real estate on your TV screen.VoodooHak
Are you going to grow an extra pair of hands too
Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts
Not interested. Just another gimmick.
Far_RockNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Far_RockNYC
Member since 2012 • 1244 Posts

Better than anything Wii u is offering.

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ForzaGearsFace

i like it for a few reasons, the ie9 on the tv and you can type in the URL bar with your iphone. Instant best web browser on all consoles, its also MS so u expect that. I do like the idea of it to have tidbits of info, especially sports games I can see stats and little things like that will add value. Also drawing up play on madden is great. So to me it has alot of potential, and is yet another thing XBOX LIVE is giving you the option to do.

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ForzaGearsFace

this looks dumb way to ruin your console more M$. i kind of wished they had fixed alot more than they have with the origional xbox.. it might have made be stay a console suer.. but man.. dat handling

ionusX

ok thank god you arent on a microsoft marketing team, you would be fired for stupidity on the spot. Please go away fanboy

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50634 Posts

Not interested.

FireSpirit117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FireSpirit117
Member since 2012 • 1926 Posts
I'm indifferent. It could have some interesting uses, but I don't know and maybe I don't care.
MercenaryMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MercenaryMafia
Member since 2011 • 2917 Posts
I don't care about it.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Sounds like a half assed attack at the WiiU. Will any of it honestly be worth it? I love Game of Thrones but I couldn't see myself sitting there with my phone going, "Oh man, better check up with my phone and ignore the program so I can check where the characters are even though I can tell that by watching the program!!!"bobbetybob
They have the map at the beginning of each episode. Also I always just look on my phone after because I have the map of Westeros, Essos, and Sothoros on my phone.

ForzaGearsFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ForzaGearsFace

[QUOTE="bobbetybob"]Sounds like a half assed attack at the WiiU. Will any of it honestly be worth it? I love Game of Thrones but I couldn't see myself sitting there with my phone going, "Oh man, better check up with my phone and ignore the program so I can check where the characters are even though I can tell that by watching the program!!!"Nintendo_Ownes7

They have the map at the beginning of each episode. Also I always just look on my phone after because I have the map of Westeros, Essos, and Sothoros on my phone.

yeah too bad your new console is garbageeeeeeeeeeeeee

Avatar image for mynamesdenvrmax
mynamesdenvrmax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34 mynamesdenvrmax
Member since 2004 • 2228 Posts

I love the idea of it. Of course Playstation fans downplay it because the Vita and PSP have never truely integrated with the PS3. I like that we can have game integration and all of that stuff too.

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

No interest at all

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
>Not games thus i dont care
spiderluck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 spiderluck
Member since 2012 • 2405 Posts

I could see it being useful.

Being able to browse IE and navigate my dash using my phone's touch screen is pretty cool. Game applications are a big unknown right now, as you should expect.

Imagine a game like Aliens: Colonial Marines where you could use you phone or tablet as the radar just like in the movie so you can free up some real estate on your TV screen.

Or maybe a game like Catherine where you get a call in the game... but instead your phone rings and you can read your texts/emails and send texts/emails from there. That could be a bit more immersive than seeing a simulate phone on your TV.

The tech's in its infancy so I imagine there will be more ideas floating around out there as time goes on.

VoodooHak
THIS.... freeing up real estate...calling plays in football from your phone ...not much else i can think of
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
I just don't care. I'm sure there could be some clever uses of it though. Let's say your playing a horror game, how cool would it be to get some sort of in game call from the killer/murderer?
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

[QUOTE="ForzaGearsFace"]

interesting article

ForzaGearsFace

ok so get the heck out of my thread, and sorry you are butthurt from previous ownage, now the door is that and dont let it hit you on the arse on the way out...

indeed im going to get out of this thread, your stupidity may be contagious. previous ownage? wtf are u talking about, i bet you live in your own world down there in your basement where xbox is the best and you actually have a 3 digit iq.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

ForzaGearsFace

ok thank god you arent on a microsoft marketing team, you would be fired for stupidity on the spot. Please go away fanboy

is that what you think?