XBOX Founder: If Apple so chooses, they will simply kill MS/Sony/Ninty - UPDATE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts
I want something which can actually play game with affordable price, not an overprice premium fashion accessory.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

If Google so chooses, they will simply kill Apple.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
doubt it, they would have done so by now if they could. Why not "kill" them now?
Mr_BillGates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#154 Mr_BillGates
Member since 2005 • 3211 Posts

Blazerdt47
Google pays $1 billion to Apple just to make it as a default search engine. Kill Apple, ugh huh. So many people here recently crawled out of their cave.
killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts
[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Mr_BillGates
Google pays $1 billion to Apple just to make it as a default search engine. Kill Apple, ugh huh. So many people here recently crawled out of their cave.

I'm sure they pay anyone to be the default.All it does is make them the best.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
[QUOTE="Mr_BillGates"][QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

killzowned24

I'm sure they pay anyone to be the default.All it does is make them the best.

Too much logic for apple fanboys.
l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#157 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

He failed to mention that they're gettin spanked hard by the android OS and phones which have overtaken apple in sales and now it seems with cameras using the android OS many more devices will follow leaving apple and their ios flailing.

Apple are over confident, arrogant and cocky so i would love to see them try and take on the big 3, it would be a very humbling experience for them and bring them crashing back to earth.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Mr_BillGates

If anyone scares Apple, it's Google. Google is a leech that Apple just can't get rid of. They know they need Google to help them. Apple tried to get rid of Google by making removing Google as the default search engine, didn't work. They also made Apple Maps the default Maps and removed Google maps, which in turn created a massive consumer outcry which forced them to bring back Google maps. Not to mention the Android OS which is killing Apple more and more. Google doesn't need Apple whatsoever, if they wanted to they could simply go all out and destroy Apple but they won't, they are making too much off of them. Apple on the other hand needs Google.

Oh let's not forget Samsung, which is a beast to be reckoned with lately coming up behind Apple. Also Apple doens't even use their own parts, they incorporate Sony's Exmor camera sensors, and use Samsung's displays.

Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
[QUOTE="genfactor"]Um... no. Nintendo... well the Genesis was supposed to destroy the SNES, Gamegear was supposed to destroy the Gameboy, N64 was supposed to be Nintendo's last system after Sony destoyed them, Gamecube was really supposed to be Nintendo's last system after Microsft destroyed them, after predictions of not selling more than 5 million units in its entire life time the Wii and its underpowered gimmick was supposed to really really be Nintendo's last system, the DS was suppose to be destroyed by the PSP, the 3DS was supposed to be destroyed by mobile devices, Wii U doing better than 360 and PS3 at this stage in their cycle is proof Wii U is doomed because it's selling slower than the original Wii wich means the new Sony and Microsoft machines will finally destroy Nintendo... for really really real this time... unless Apple chooses to do it first? I've been gaming long enough not to make blanket "Nintendo is doomed" claims no matter who steps into the ring or what strange ideas Nintendo inflicts on us through their devices. Microsoft... will be fine. They can be casual and hardcore at the same time. They will get the hardcore games and they will have the hardware to run them. Sony... is pretty much klling themselves. They have the hardware, they have the software but something about the company seems financially sick. Apple... They'll just be another competitor. They may be dominant in their field but the mobil market is starting to show that they are not invincible. The big 3 can compete with them but can Apple compete with a potential steam box?

Just about all of that is wrong.
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#160 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

So? Games will still exist. 

6_Shooter_25

the games that I don't enjoy, yes.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Apple is not the best.
Fanboys need to understand that they heavily rely on patents and other manufacturers and the competition.
They are just really really really good at BRAINWASHING people.

That being said, gamers will not be brainwashed by something that looks like premium product.

Let apple join in the console wars and the casuals and soccer moms will buy them ONCE, and then no more. And loose millions as a result.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

Apple is not the best.
Fanboys need to understand that they heavily rely on patents and other manufacturers and the competition.
They are just really really really good at BRAINWASHING people.

That being said, gamers will not be brainwashed by something that looks like premium product.

Let apple join in the console wars and the casuals and soccer moms will buy them ONCE, and then no more. And loose millions as a result.

g0ddyX
One reason is the power of mass media, I cannot wait for a day when journalism stop sucking Apple's d!ck. One thing for sure, there'll be a yearly edition to the "console" and the iDiots will keep buying it.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

[QUOTE="NineTailedGoku"]

Do not want. Apple products are overpriced simply because they have an apple logo. High end android costs less than iphone yet does much more.

RR360DD

Android phones are pathetic. I'd rather go blackberry than touch another android. And I can't see apple going for the hardcore games market, but they could certainly prevent Sony / MS / Ninty getting the casuals.

Halo started on Mac, could easily go back :P

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#164 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Blazerdt47
Boy I don't even know what to say here. It's because of Apple that Google is where they are now, do you know how much Google's co-founders were mentored by Steve Jobs? Did you know it's because of Apple that Google's Chrome browser exists?

Reading all these opinions about Apple is like watching a bunch of gamers who never played a game before Crysis declaring all previous shooters were terrible and contributed nothing to the genre. It's actually a little fascinating to see.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

musicalmac
Boy I don't even know what to say here. It's because of Apple that Google is where they are now, do you know how much Google's co-founders were mentored by Steve Jobs? Did you know it's because of Apple that Google's Chrome browser exists?

Reading all these opinions about Apple is like watching a bunch of gamers who never played a game before Crysis declaring all previous shooters were terrible and contributed nothing to the genre. It's actually a little fascinating to see.

But all the evidence says otherwise. Apple are losing market share to Google, their own software pales in comparison to what Google offer. Samsung have smacked Apple around with the S3 and have a few wins in the courts against them. All while Apple's share price has tumbled.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#166 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Apple has an Iron Fist on the Casual Market.

There are obviously better Computers and Tablets there and heck better Music and TV/Movie Streaming services, but Apple is just too dang popular.

All they have to do is slap their logo on something and everyone will buy it.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#167 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

[QUOTE="DaBrainz"]But apple lost the OS race in the 90's even when they had a superior product. They are not unbeatable.blue_hazy_basic
They've peaked in the phone and tablet market, so who knows maybe this will be their new expansion :o

Apparently the next big thing is suppose to be Smart Watches and Smart Glasses.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 musicalmac  Moderator
But all the evidence says otherwise. Apple are losing market share to Google, their own software pales in comparison to what Google offer. Samsung have smacked Apple around with the S3 and have a few wins in the courts against them. All while Apple's share price has tumbled. clyde46
Apple's always been a hardware company first, and Google has always been a service company first. I'm not ready to use a blanket statement an proclaim Apple's software to pale in comparison to Google's, however.

Market share alone is a nearly meaningless metric when that share is so fragmented. Something like 80% of iOS web traffic is reportedly utilizing iOS6, whereas the tiniest percentage of android device owners are enjoying the latest version there. Apple enjoyed ~70% of the smartphone profits last year, with Samsung taking the rest. Apple's position in the market is in no way bad or in jeopardy. Google's in a much more precarious position with their 12 billion dollar acquisition of a failing hardware company in Moto Mobile. Samsung is enjoying the fruits of Google's labor.

And the S3 is the first non iPhone smartphone to sell in significant enough numbers to be compelling. I think the Galaxy S series phones (since the introduction of the original Galaxy S) shipped over 100,000,000 by mid-January (shipped, not sold, Samsung doesn't report sales data). In the 4th quarter of 2012 alone, Apple sold (because they do report sales data) ~27,000,000 iPhones.

The point of all this is to help you understand that Apple is in a much stronger position than people understand. They introduced a smartphone revolution and then a tablet computing revolution, and the rest of the world followed. The next change in technological culture is likely going to be in wearable computing or in your living room. Google's own efforts in that arena have largely been a failure. We'll see what Apple is cooking up soon, I hope.

Bonus information: Many companies offer executive training programs, but none are as expansive and intensive as what Apple offers in its "secret" Apple University. To those who don't understand how unique and different Apple is in the technology world, this article will offer some insights. It only scratches the surface of the things revealed in the various literary sources regarding Apple's founding and Steve Jobs, and the corporate culture and motivation behind the scenes.

EDIT: Updated for the sake of clarity.
lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#169 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

Mr_BillGates

Or how bout Google and Apple just team up. If this would happen (although the apocalypse would happen first), I think the others would be such a short lived . With so much capital and a different perspective for both. I think they'd be able to make up alot of ground and fast.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 musicalmac  Moderator

Or how bout Google and Apple just team up. If this would happen (although the apocalypse would happen first), I think the others would be such a short lived . With so much capital and a different perspective for both. I think they'd be able to make up alot of ground and fast.

lild1425
That's how it began. Steve Jobs was a mentor to the Google co-founders, who turned around and cloned iOS (Eric Schmidt was on Apple's board of directors in 2006, shortly before the iPhone first launched).

[spoiler]  [/spoiler]
LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

There are obviously better Tablets

LegatoSkyheart

Hell to the no!!!

No tablet comes close to the ipad, in performance, screen or quality build.

It's a joke really, go look at the performance of that thing compared to all the other tablets. Hell even the Nexus 10 doesn't stand toe to toe with the ipad.

Powervr gpu >>>> every other gpu being released in tablets/phone/handheld system and it aint even close.

It's the cool thing to hate apple, even without looking at whats under the hood.

lild1425

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#172 lild1425
Member since 2004 • 6757 Posts

[QUOTE="lild1425"]

musicalmac

That's how it began. Steve Jobs was a mentor to the Google co-founders, who turned around and cloned iOS (Eric Schmidt was on Apple's board of directors in 2006, shortly before the iPhone first launched).

[spoiler]  [/spoiler]

I really do need to read up on this stuff because Steve Jobs seemed to have his hand in everything. Despite anyone's like/opinion of Apple, Steve Jobs was about as close to Superman as one can get (maybe Batman since batman is more "gadgety"). When I see pics of Steve Jobs with Bill Gates, I don't know how angels with harps and trumpets didn't appear out of nowhere.

Avatar image for battlefieldfan4
battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 battlefieldfan4
Member since 2012 • 259 Posts

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

Pete-B

Hell to the no!!!

It's a joke really, go look at the performance of that thing compared to all the other tablets. Hell even the Nexus 10 doesn't stand toe to toe with the ipad.

Powervr gpu >>>> every other gpu being released in tablets/phone/handheld system and it aint even close.

It's the cool thing to hate apple, even without looking at whats under the hood.

LOL... More iSheep crap.

The Nexus 10 processor trashes the iPad 4 and has a better screen.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 LadyBlue

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

battlefieldfan4

Hell to the no!!!

LOL... More iSheep crap.

Lol the delusional. I own a nexus 10 and ipad 2, and the screen is washed out compared to the ipad. The contrast is piss poor, the only thing it has going for it is the high res. Lol is an appropriate response to the Exynos 5250 trashing the A6X.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 clyde46

[QUOTE="battlefieldfan4"]

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

Hell to the no!!!

Pete-B

LOL... More iSheep crap.

Lol the delusional. I own a nexus 10 and ipad 2, and the screen is washed out compared to the ipad. The contrast is piss poor, the only thing it has going for it is the high res. Lol is an appropriate response to the Exynos 5250 trashing the A6X.

He's just mad that the iPad is a better tablet.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

There is literally nothing Apple could do to make me interested in a console of theirs. They currently have no developers or games .aside from thousands of 99 cent trash apps that have less depth than a slot machine.

But I'm sure if they did make it everyone would buy it anyway since Apple has somehow manages to make their products appear as necessities rather than luxuries in the public eye.

battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 battlefieldfan4

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

Hell to the no!!!

Pete-B

LOL... More iSheep crap.

More **** Both screens are engineered and designed by Samsung. They're the same exact screen except for the resolution.

The A6X IS trash.

Nexus 10 geekbench: 2605

iPad 4 geekbench: 1785

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 LadyBlue

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

LOL... More iSheep crap.

clyde46

He's just mad that the iPad is a better tablet.

I can tell by his post. I can see other companies(mainly sammy, HTC and LG which has done some nice phones lately) beating apple in the phone market, but when it comes to tablets, I don't think it's debatable.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 musicalmac  Moderator

I really do need to read up on this stuff because Steve Jobs seemed to have his hand in everything. Despite anyone's like/opinion of Apple, Steve Jobs was about as close to Superman as one can get (maybe Batman since batman is more "gadgety"). When I see pics of Steve Jobs with Bill Gates, I don't know how angels with harps and trumpets didn't appear out of nowhere.

lild1425
The Steve Jobs biography is a great place to start, it's a fascinating read. Jobs was crazy and unapologetic, but you won't be able to deny his influences and their consequences.

There is literally nothing Apple could do to make me interested in a console of theirs. They currently have no developers or games .aside from thousands of 99 cent trash apps that have less depth than a slot machine.

But I'm sure if they did make it everyone would buy it anyway since Apple has somehow manages to make their products appear as necessities rather than luxuries in the public eye.

BPoole96
This notion is as old and dead as the idea that Apple devices only sell to (the very arbitrary) "idiot and casual" users.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 musicalmac  Moderator
Try not to feed trolls, the more you fatten them up, the more they have to purge all over the board. It's about as compelling as a bee sting.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
I would rather have Apple than M$. But then again I would rather have neither than either.
LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 LadyBlue

[QUOTE="Pete-B"]

LOL... More iSheep crap.

battlefieldfan4

More **** Both screens are engineered and designed by Samsung. They're the same exact screen except for the resolution.

The A6X IS trash.

PLS and IPS+ aren't the same thing, just shows you how much you know about these two devices.
battlefieldfan4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 battlefieldfan4

[QUOTE="Pete-B"] Lol the delusional. I own a nexus 10 and ipad 2, and the screen is washed out compared to the ipad. The contrast is piss poor, the only thing it has going for it is the high res. Lol is an appropriate response to the Exynos 5250 trashing the A6X.

Pete-B

The A6X IS trash.

PLS and IPS+ aren't the same thing, just shows you how much you know about these two devices.

... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

The PLS is Samsung's own version of IPS. In fact, PLS is meant to be on par or better and and an improvement than IPS in every way, but only noticably mininimizing the ghosting you get on IPS displays and a better viewing angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpjYLGLs65c

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Doubt apple ever get back into the console market since  the apple pippin flopped.

I'd like to see controllers with a trackball that was ahead of it's time though.

nextgenjoke

I'm strangely reminded of the Xbox 360. 

ripoff am confirmed :p

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

[QUOTE="nextgenjoke"]

Doubt apple ever get back into the console market since  the apple pippin flopped.

I'd like to see controllers with a trackball that was ahead of it's time though.

MlauTheDaft

I'm strangely reminded of the Xbox 360. 

ripoff am confirmed :p

Both are fugly
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 musicalmac  Moderator
I also am tickled by the Pippin references. This is what I always think...

[spoiler]

Remember this?

lol, after this I doubt Microsoft will stay in the operating system business.

My Imagination
[/spoiler]

There are about a thousand other examples we could come up with.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

People went nuts when Sony released the PS3 at $599. And judging by the overpriced hardware that Apple has, (yes...I know they have great build quality) they can't compete with MS or Sony if they released a console. It would be higher priced, have less power, and they would change the hardware and software every year.

And even though alot of people play games on they're phones and tablets, it's not a great place for creating or releasing big games. It's two different markets. 

So I don't think there is much threat from Apple. 

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 LadyBlue

[QUOTE="Pete-B"][QUOTE="battlefieldfan4"]

The A6X IS trash.

battlefieldfan4

... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

The PLS is Samsung's own version of IPS. In fact, PLS is meant to be on par or better and and an improvement than IPS in every way, but only noticably mininimizing the ghosting you get on IPS displays and a better viewing angle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpjYLGLs65c

Here's your "same display".... Reality of things

Now go back to whatever bridge you came from.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 clyde46
I also am tickled by the Pippin references. This is what I always think...

[spoiler] [quote="My Imagination"]

Remember this?

lol, after this I doubt Microsoft will stay in the operating system business.

musicalmac
[/spoiler]

There are about a thousand other examples we could come up with.

Windows ME
Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts

Suddenly I trust his analysis much less.

Just another short-sighted tech industry airhead who thinks Apple is omnipotent.

Cherokee_Jack
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 BPoole96

[QUOTE="lild1425"]

musicalmac

The Steve Jobs biography is a great place to start, it's a fascinating read. Jobs was crazy and unapologetic, but you won't be able to deny his influences and their consequences.

BPoole96

This notion is as old and dead as the idea that Apple devices only sell to (the very arbitrary) "idiot and casual" users.

Is it? Then why do I see people walking around with Tablets/Laptops that cost more than their car?

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 musicalmac  Moderator

Is it? Then why do I see people walking around with Tablets/Laptops that cost more than their car?

BPoole96
I don't understand what you're replying to. Are you criticizing Apple for people buying laptops that cost more than a car? Shouldn't you criticize the people buying products that expensive for being fiscally irresponsible if their car cost less? Personal responsibility exists.
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

musicalmac

I'm kind of guessing that your a major Apple fan. So whatever I say might not go well with you.

It's pretty well known that Google is a threat to Apple. I can give you hundreds of links telling you this but it's common sense by now. Eric Schmidt and Steve Jobs were close friends indeed until Google decided they didn't agree with Apple.

Android actually existed before iOS, it was only until iPhone launched that Google implemented it into a touch screen. So are you saying Google copied Apple? Apple did indeed revolutionize the mobile industry but in no way did they invent anything. They just take ideas and expand them to great heights giving people the illusion that they revolutionized said product.

I'm sure you also knew about how much Steve Jobs hated Android did you not? "I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong." If anyone doesn't see Google as a threat to Apple then that's just blind ignorance. Sure Google has had a great success because of Apple but right now Apple really has not choice but to stick with Google apps which are superior to their own.

Google doesn't need Apple in the slightest, they are just another money making avenue.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 musicalmac  Moderator

I'm kind of guessing that your a major Apple fan. So whatever I say might not go well with you.

It's pretty well known that Google is a threat to Apple. I can give you hundreds of links telling you this but it's common sense by now. Eric Schmidt and Steve Jobs were close friends indeed until Google decided they didn't agree with Apple.

Android actually existed before iOS, it was only until iPhone launched that Google implemented it into a touch screen. So are you saying Google copied Apple? Apple did indeed revolutionize the mobile industry but in no way did they invent anything. They just take ideas and expand them to great heights giving people the illusion that they revolutionized said product.

I'm sure you also knew about how much Steve Jobs hated Android did you not? "I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong." If anyone doesn't see Google as a threat to Apple then that's just blind ignorance. Sure Google has had a great success because of Apple but right now Apple really has not choice but to stick with Google apps which are superior to their own.

Google doesn't need Apple in the slightest, they are just another money making avenue.

Blazerdt47
So what point are you trying to make?...
Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 Blazerdt47

[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

musicalmac

So what point are you trying to make?...

"Reading all these opinions about Apple is like watching a bunch of gamers who never played a game before Crysis declaring all previous shooters were terrible and contributed nothing to the genre. It's actually a little fascinating to see."

I'm pretty sure that quote was directed at me. So at least provide some information about the topic then attacking me with a disguised insult.

Novotine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 Novotine
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
would never give money to apple
Novotine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 Novotine
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
[QUOTE="Blazerdt47"]

musicalmac

steve jobs is dead, stop living in the past
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]

musicalmac

I don't understand what you're replying to. Are you criticizing Apple for people buying laptops that cost more than a car? Shouldn't you criticize the people buying products that expensive for being fiscally irresponsible if their car cost less? Personal responsibility exists.

I'm replying to the fact that Apple has managed to market their products as necessities to the public eye. It's not necessarily Apple's fault that people are such marketing drones, but that is the reality of the world. There are several people going out and buying $1000+ laptops or buying $600 iPads for their 8 year old but can barely make ends meet. If Apple launched a console, people would buy it over a Sony/MS/Ninty console, simply because its an Apple product and it's "hip".