Xbox Exec Congratulates Sony on Bloodborne Umm, New IP?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

That Phil is such a classy guy and I agree with him congrats Sony / From, well done. :)

Now, for SW purposes, WTF man, this is freakin war Phil, start acting like it mang. :P

Anyway....

PS, keep your head on a swivel Phil, look what happen to Steve Ballmer when he didn't take the war serial.... :P

The Story.

-----

Phil Spencer ✔ @XboxP3

I know some will question me but wanted to say it's cool to see Bloodborne sell 1M+. New IP is hard, congrats @PlayStation@fromsoftware_pr

2:04 PM - 14 Apr 2015

Xbox Exec Congratulates Sony on Bloodborne's Strong Sales

"New IP is hard, congrats."

by Eddie Makuch on April 15, 2015

Xbox executive Phil Spencer, the top gaming boss inside of Microsoft, has spoken out to congratulate Sony on selling 1 million copies of the new PlayStation 4 role-playing game Bloodborne. Though the game was developed by a veteran team in From Software (Demon's Souls, Dark Souls), Bloodborne is a new IP. That makes the game's strong initial sales all the more impressive, Spencer said.

Bloodborne was released exclusively for PS4 in late March. The game's 1 million sales counts copies sold up until April 5.

Producer Masaaki Yamagiwa published his own post yesterday, thanking fans for their support.

"We are amazed and very grateful for the way in which the community has embraced Bloodborne," he said at the time. "As you may have seen, we've just announced that Bloodborne has now sold through over one million copies worldwide. Thank you to everyone who has supported the project!"

Looking ahead, From Software will release a new patch for Bloodborne later this month that should reduce load times and more.

UPDATE, Phil Take Note hehe....

Bloodborne "Honest Trailer" Skewers Load Times, Highlights Dark Souls Comparisons

"Suffer through another action RPG that's just as brutal as Dark Souls, because it basically is Dark Souls."

by Eddie Makuch on April 15, 2015

YouTube channel Smosh Games has posted its latest "Honest Trailer," this one for From Software's new PlayStation 4 exclusive, Bloodborne.

Among other things, the video calls out Bloodborne's long load times (an issue being addressed with a patch this month) and pokes fun at its similarities to From Software's other major RPG series, Dark Souls.

"Suffer through another action RPG that's just as brutal as Dark Souls, because it basically is Dark Souls," the narrator says. "But it isn't called Dark Souls to trick people who hate Dark Souls into trying out Dark Souls."

The video also calls out Bloodborne's obsession with the world blood, why the protagonist is something of a darker version of Link from The Legend of Zelda, and more. Check out the video and let us know what you think the comments below.

Bloodborne launched in late March and has sold more than 1 million copies worldwide to date. This impressive sales figure even led Xbox boss Phil Spencer to speak out and praise Sony for the milestone.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

only for this guy i would consider a XposBone.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts

At least Microsoft is aware of their own first party offerings.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

he needs to stop congratulating people and build some exclusive games that don't run on pc/ps4

games like the one he praised bloodborne, no more niche games like forza or screamride or sunset

a hardcore exclusive like zelda quality or bloodborne quality

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SecretPolice

@ProtossX said:

he needs to stop congratulating people and build some exclusive games that don't run on pc/ps4

games like the one he praised bloodborne, no more niche games like forza or screamride or sunset

I'd say Quantum Break would do it but not till next year. I got to disagree about Sunset Overdrive & FH2, I'd say they have plenty of mainstream appeal..... to gamers, not non gamers, they need Wii Sports. :P

Anyhooey, c'mon E3, I think MS as well as the other have a few surprises up their sleeve though I think MS has the edge on a surprise or two being able to launch this year, we'll see.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ProtossX

@SecretPolice said:

@ProtossX said:

I'd say Quantum Break would do it but not till next year. I got to disagree about Sunset Overdrive & FH2, I'd say they have plenty of mainstream appeal..... to gamers, not non gamers, they need Wii Sports. :P

Anyhooey, c'mon E3, I think MS as well as the other have a few surprises up their sleeve though I think MS has the edge on a surprise or two being able to launch this year, we'll see.

microsoft is going to launch all those games u listed on windows 10 shop, so the xb1 will have no exclusives phil spencer is just a puppet doing what the windows 10 team tell him to do

the windows brand means more to them for gaming then xbox imo and they know games play a big part in it all

they are just trying to keep xb1 in ps4's shadow till windows 10 launches an then they will try to make sure that doesn't flop with all these games an stuff

xb1 will have no exclusives and be oine of ot he worst consoles of all time when windows 10 comes out an all the games go on it

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@ProtossX said:

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Probably wants to get hired by Sony when the Xbox is shut down.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Phil is a cool bro. Shame he has to deal with the Xbox :P

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

New IP is hard when your ideas are shit casual crap like Call of Duty and tv.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SecretPolice

@ProtossX:

I know it matters in the SW metagame but in the real world, no so much, even me a warrior doesn't care cuz I just prefer playing on a console and not going all out to buy/build a gaming PC so for what it's worth, that's been my opinion for some time now. I think for MS as a for profit company it makes a great deal of sense to have Widows 10 as a unifier across all their platforms so that's just good bidness mang. :P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SecretPolice

@Shewgenja said:

@Desmonic said:

Sony's doomed and hasn't the kinda funds needed to lure a Phil Spencer over to the Dark Side. :P

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ProtossX

@SecretPolice:

well dude its bad cuz it means people will just go to PS4 for console gaming / android for phone and ipad for a tablet

do you see xbone or windows 10 anywhere in that lineup?

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

Sony should hire him.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SecretPolice

@ProtossX:

For console gamers that want to play the MS IP's, they will play them on X1. You're just gonna have to get used to the idea that unlike Nintendo and to a bit lesser extent, Sony these days, MS is not all about a VG on their console but rather it's a small part of their overall business so, just sayin. The X1 will do just fine this gen, you heard it from me first so it's safe to take it to da bank baby. :P

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Aww philly is cute... now go back to working at the xbox fail division

:Pi kid

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14411 Posts

@ProtossX said:

Please stop posting retarded nonsense. Just stop.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ProtossX

@SecretPolice said:

@ProtossX:

For console gamers that want to play the MS IP's, they will play them on X1. You're just gonna have to get used to the idea that unlike Nintendo and to a bit lesser extent, Sony these days, MS is not all about a VG on their console but rather it's a small part of their overall business so, just sayin. The X1 will do just fine this gen, you heard it from me first so it's safe to take da bank baby. :P

thats the thing they haven't been trying with there IP's, MCC was broken at launch halo 2 anniverary wasn't 1080p, screamride flop, sunset flopped in sales, and halo 4 is the worst halo ever made

the good game dev abandon them like bungie an bioware and they killed rare, they paid youtuber for good reviews, and they paid ubisoft to gimp ps4 games

they done nothing but cause trouble and problems in the industry and tried to kill blu-ray as well with hd-dvd microsoft just cause a ton of problems there franchises aren't doing good even the ones that are on both pc/xb1 the ips aren't good like ryse and stuff ppl would rather have a wiiU in there home like wiiU and ps4 then play any of those exclusive microsoft IP's thats the problem xb1 isn't an exclusive device like wiiU it doesn't have any good gaming studio making games for them like nintendo

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

AKA Sunset overdrive didnt sell well on our system! why lems no buy gamez! :(

:P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SecretPolice

@ProtossX:

I disagree so it's likely wise at this point to agree to disagree. Eh, it'll make it interesting for us to watch and see how this all shakes out in the next 3-5 years. You basically say X1's doomed, I say it'll do fine, lets wait & see.

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

That was pretty cool, at least he realizes that a game like this is wanted and can be successful. No, worries xbox camp (high quality japanese developed) Scalebound is coming so there is hope to do the same for xboxjuan, just not this year.

Hopefuly the xbox fanbase accepts it. The feeding of one or two rehashed mega money holiday season cash in titles formula from MS for games like Halo and Gears has outlived it's effectiveness and maybe the top guys are starting to see this at MS. This is good for all that they seem to be catching on.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SecretPolice

@finalstar2007 said:

@freedomfreak said:

Yeah but lets be honest here, BB was basically a sequel to some popular games so perhaps MS should call the next Gears game a little something different than Gears of War 4, I dunno, perhaps War of Gears :P then call it a new IP and then watch as the ahem, new IP sells 5 million in 6 months. :P

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
@finalstar2007 said:

It's a fun game though. Has that crazy Insomniac style I wubz.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

@freedomfreak said:

How's your Haze, you miserable cow?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

He's definitely the best PR MS has, that's not up for debate.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Phil is a class act. He also is trolling Sony but they just don't know it yet.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@Shewgenja said:

@Desmonic said:

Sony's doomed and hasn't the kinda funds needed to lure a Phil Spencer over to the Dark Side. :P

This is why System Wars is still fun :)

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Typical. MS celebrates and appreciates all games while Sony is content with lying to their users and flinging their own shit at other companies.

systemdefender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By systemdefender
Member since 2014 • 49 Posts

I really don't get the love for Phil Spencer. Not much has changed since he's taken over. Obviously MS was going to drop Kinect from the bundle and drop the price no matter who's in charge.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ProtossX

@systemdefender said:

I really don't get the love for Phil Spencer. Not much has changed since he's taken over. Obviously MS was going to drop Kinect from the bundle and drop the price no matter who's in charge.

exactly were ALREADY halfway through this gens life cycle and microsoft hasn't even put out a halo game worth a damn

last gen they had halo 3 reach odst mass effect 1-3 skyrim and all this other crap

microsoft keeps dropping the price and does console updates

PHIL THE SNES/PS1/PS2 DIDNT NEED A CONSOLE UPDATE TO THROW 1000's of games at me every year when it came out

the NES LAUNCHED WITH KILLER APP mario and nintendo pumped out so many damn games every month

GET OFF UR FUCKING ASS PHIL GET THE **** OFF UR ASS

and make those 1000 of games that every other console gave me after 2 years or GET OUt oof office sick of this crap

you already jacked up the price of your horrible pc components, with the 360 i had to buy console cuz i couldnt run bioshock or any new games

with the xbox one my pc runs games ON THE SAME LEVEL AS IT NOT BETTER WTF!

and cows DONT ACT LIKE UR any better im not playing any games on either console really like i just said before MY PC RUNS GAMES AS GOOD AS PS4 so if a game launches that on pc and ps4 which one should i buy the one that has free online and i can upgrade later on or the game that is gonna be the worst version

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#31 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Instead of being inspired by Sony he just admires them. Shame for the Xbox only players.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

Bloodborne isn't a new IP. They changed the theme of the Souls games, replaced shields with guns, gave us half or less the variety in attire and weapons, and acted like it was something new. It's not. It's a Souls game in everything but name, but now with longer loading and less functional online play.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ProtossX

@Buckhannah said:

Bloodborne isn't a new IP. They changed the theme of the Souls games, replaced shields with guns, gave us half or less the variety in attire and weapons, and acted like it was something new. It's not. It's a Souls game in everything but name, but now with longer loading and less functional online play.

bloodborne looks nothing like dark souls 1-2

the envionment / landscape / enemies is like a dark horror completely different settings dark souls is more mideval and traditional

bloodborne looks gothic and a much darker fairy tale and the combat feel much faster

this isnt dark souls 3 it was new IP and completely diff stuff going on

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SecretPolice

@Buckhannah said:

SP Approved......Hot off the press......

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/bloodborne-honest-trailer-skewers-load-times-highl/1100-6426645/

Bloodborne "Honest Trailer" Skewers Load Times, Highlights Dark Souls Comparisons

"Suffer through another action RPG that's just as brutal as Dark Souls, because it basically is Dark Souls."

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@Buckhannah said:

the envionment / landscape / enemies is like a dark horror completely different settings dark souls is more mideval and traditional

bloodborne looks gothic and a much darker fairy tale and the combat feel much faster

Final Fantasy 7 looks nothing like Final Fantasy 8.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@ProtossX said:

@Buckhannah said:

Hhahahaha QTF. BB is another Souls game with a different coat of paint and less options. Great game but still a Souls game nonetheless.

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

@Buckhannah said:

It doesn't matter what the game consists of. It is factually still a new IP. And as far as marketing and brand recognition, they made it harder on themselves by changing the name, so it's still impressive especially when Bloodborne had a bigger launch on one platform than Dark Souls 2 did on 2 platforms

davem1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 davem1992
Member since 2009 • 4068 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha: Nope, fanboys are thee only ones doing that.

Sony and Microsoft don't hate each other.

lazerface216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lazerface216
Member since 2008 • 7564 Posts

Even Phil is in awe of Sony's awesomeness lol

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@kingtito said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@ProtossX said:

@Buckhannah said:

Hhahahaha QTF. BB is another Souls game with a different coat of paint and less options. Great game but still a Souls game nonetheless.

So what? It's actually a bigger difference than Demon's Souls was to Dark Souls. In fact, it's the biggest departure yet from Dark Souls. Saying ''it's another Souls game'' to downplay it is dumber than someone saying Halo 5 is another Halo game. It's it's own game as much as any other sequel or spiritual successor.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#41 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38026 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@ProtossX:

I know it matters in the SW metagame but in the real world, no so much, even me a warrior doesn't care cuz I just prefer playing on a console and not going all out to buy/build a gaming PC so for what it's worth, that's been my opinion for some time now. I think for MS as a for profit company it makes a great deal of sense to have Widows 10 as a unifier across all their platforms so that's just good bidness mang. :P

Don't waste your time. Not long ago he was saying that the corporation Microsoft needed Xbox in order to survive. Take the business predictions from where they are coming.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cainetao11

@ProtossX said:

@systemdefender said:

exactly were ALREADY halfway through this gens life cycle and microsoft hasn't even put out a halo game worth a damn

last gen they had halo 3 reach odst mass effect 1-3 skyrim and all this other crap

microsoft keeps dropping the price and does console updates

PHIL THE SNES/PS1/PS2 DIDNT NEED A CONSOLE UPDATE TO THROW 1000's of games at me every year when it came out

the NES LAUNCHED WITH KILLER APP mario and nintendo pumped out so many damn games every month

GET OFF UR FUCKING ASS PHIL GET THE **** OFF UR ASS

and make those 1000 of games that every other console gave me after 2 years or GET OUt oof office sick of this crap

you already jacked up the price of your horrible pc components, with the 360 i had to buy console cuz i couldnt run bioshock or any new games

with the xbox one my pc runs games ON THE SAME LEVEL AS IT NOT BETTER WTF!

and cows DONT ACT LIKE UR any better im not playing any games on either console really like i just said before MY PC RUNS GAMES AS GOOD AS PS4 so if a game launches that on pc and ps4 which one should i buy the one that has free online and i can upgrade later on or the game that is gonna be the worst version

Dude you need to seek out psychiatric help because you are the most negative person on this forum. Every post from you is whining and complaining how Xbox is doomed, or fucked up, the company is close to finished, blah blah. Go outside, smell the fresh air, roll around on the grass with a dog or something. If that doesn't work sit down in the middle of a high way and meditate.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kingtito

@bobrossperm said:
@kingtito said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@ProtossX said:

@Buckhannah said:

So what? It's actually a bigger difference than Demon's Souls was to Dark Souls. In fact, it's the biggest departure yet from Dark Souls. Saying ''it's another Souls game'' to downplay it is dumber than someone saying Halo 5 is another Halo game. It's it's own game as much as any other sequel or spiritual successor.

It is another Souls game. Doesn't matter how much crying you do, it is what it is. You're acting like you developed the game and are butthurt if someone says something bad about it, which I'm not. I'm calling a spade a spade kid and this game IS a Souls game in everything but name. Sorry you can't see it or don't want to see it but that's your problem, not mine.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cainetao11

@kingtito said:

@bobrossperm said:
@kingtito said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@ProtossX said:

@Buckhannah said:

It is another Souls game. Doesn't matter how much crying you do, it is what it is. You're acting like you developed the game and are butthurt if someone says something bad about it, which I'm not. I'm calling a spade a spade kid and this game IS a Souls game in everything but name. Sorry you can't see it or don't want to see it but that's your problem, not mine.

I don't understand why some people get ass hurt over this. How are you downplaying the game at the same time calling it great? It is a great game, period. But it is also the fourth game by From Software to use the same root formula and the other 3 were named Souls, so naturally people call them "souls" games.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#45 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

That's a cool, 4th-wall breaking sort of tweet. I can appreciate that.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

MS who has put out more new Ips than sony?

@Buckhannah said:

It's review proof according to MC however. Might be enhanced thirst after The Order.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

You stay classy...planet Earth.....I mean Phil Spencer.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 freedomfreak  Online
@TigerSuperman said:

MS who has put out more new Ips than sony?

Where are their first party offerings?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kingtito

@cainetao11: It beats me, personally I think the game is great just like all the other Souls games.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@SecretPolice said:

@ProtossX said:

microsoft is going to launch all those games u listed on windows 10 shop, so the xb1 will have no exclusives phil spencer is just a puppet doing what the windows 10 team tell him to do

the windows brand means more to them for gaming then xbox imo and they know games play a big part in it all

they are just trying to keep xb1 in ps4's shadow till windows 10 launches an then they will try to make sure that doesn't flop with all these games an stuff

xb1 will have no exclusives and be oine of ot he worst consoles of all time when windows 10 comes out an all the games go on it

'the windows brand means more to them for gaming then xbox imo and they know games play a big part in it all'

And quite rightly so, it's there largest cash cow so obviously they are going to prioritize it. it's sound business logic.

and everyone knows that the money in gaming is in software not hardware so releasing your games on multiple platforms is sound logic from a business point of view and wit Exclusives beings being a very small percentage of the games being released these days they are largely Irelevant beyond differentiating your console from the competition.

The XB1 and PS4 are already amongst the worst consoles ever released, Rehash after rehash after remake after rehash