Xbox exclusives vs. PS3 exclusives

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

skornedwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 skornedwarrior
Member since 2003 • 75 Posts

This topic may have been beaten to death, but I thought I'd reiterate why I think Playstation offers more quality exclusives as well as more varied gameplay experiences compared to the Xbox. I know everyone is on a Metacritic hate train lately, but you must admit getting many different reviews together and giving them an average is alot better way to rate a game than the opnion of any one site.

So using Metacritic I took a look at how many exclusive stand alone titles each console had (not Arcade or PSN only titles) and came to the conclusion that, the Playstation 3 has many more exclusive games than the Xbox. I then limited myself to counting how many "Quality" exclusives were available to each console and counted 28 for the PS3 and 16 for the Xbox360 that have a metacritic score of 85-100. (count might be off 1-2 either way, also did not include map packs etc. only stand-alone titles)

I then wanted to dig alittle further and see which console offered more of a variety of unique exclusives, and to do this I counted how many unique titles where accounted for within the PS3's 28 and the Xbox360's 16. (so sequels were not counted) After counting I found that the PS3 offered 17 unique exclusives, while the Xbox360 only offered 9 unique exclusive titles.

These finding make it pretty apparent that the Playstation 3 offeres vastly more Quality exclusives than the Xbox360, as well as Unique exlcusives. One thing that I also found out while looking at the metacritic lists, was that Xbox360 offers alot of quality arcade titles in comparison to the PS3 online offerings. But do people buy consoles for Arcade titles in mind? That i'm not sure.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts
Wii exclusives>
CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

just wondering, why use 85 as the lower limit?

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

i counted 9 for the ps3 and 44 for the 360. see i can do this too. :lol:

a spread sheet or chart would be nice. if you took the time to write that wall of text, you might as well just list what you counted. ;)

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts
Looking at metascores is all silly, cus theres so many factors not taken into account when u just gather the metascores and look at them. Heres what it comes down to, xbox has less exclusives but their exclusives are succesful more often than the ps3 exclusives are. For every big Halo game xbox makes, ps3 gives us three mediocre exclusives like Starhawk, Mag, and Killzone 3. It must be said that almost every main NONKINECT xbox exclusive is pretty darn great BUT, the ps3 still has so many great exclusive games. Its really hard to say which system has the best exclusive line. Heres what it comes down to. The exclusives for xbox 360 are too few and far in between. But counting only GREAT exclusives, those kinda games are too few and far in between for BOTH ps3 and xbox
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

just wondering, why use 85 as the lower limit?

CaseyWegner
Choose whatever number works to make you right, most probably. Anyway, lol at using metacritic scores as if they can be compared like this.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

you should probably list the games, there's a good chance you missed a bunch, because I'm fairly certain both consoles have a similar number of high rated exclusives

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

The 360 gets DESTROYED, check my sig, it has multiplats too and the 360 gets DESTROYED. if you remove the multipalts the destruction is even more glaring.

Lems need to face it, the 360 started the gen with some games but then got raped every year in games by the PS3.

All the 360 has now is an outdated library that still gets destroyed.

skornedwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 skornedwarrior

Like it or not but Metacritic is the best source online for a averaged review score between most reputable online game sites. Also I chose 85 because I feel most peopel agree anythign rated about 85 is a high quality game on any score system. So why not count great games, and not mediocre games?

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#10 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

How is it that people never get tired of this topic? :cry:

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#11 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Seriously?

one of these?

*leaves thread*

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts

The 360 gets DESTROYED, check my sig, it has multiplats too and the 360 gets DESTROYED. if you remove the multipalts the destruction is even more glaring.

Lems need to face it, the 360 started the gen with some games but then got raped every year in games by the PS3.

Eddie-Vedder
^what Mr. Vedder said.
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Haha, metacritic

skornedwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 skornedwarrior

Wii exclusives>Michael0134567

I'm guessing any Ninitendo system is closer to the PS3, they make great exclusives.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Eddie-Vedder

Indeed, yet they refuse to accept it, let them dwell in their ignorance.

1803.jpeg

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

This topic may have been beaten to death, but I thought I'd reiterate why I think Playstation offers more quality exclusives as well as more varied gameplay experiences compared to the Xbox. I know everyone is on a Metacritic hate train lately, but you must admit getting many different reviews together and giving them an average is alot better way to rate a game than the opnion of any one site.

So using Metacritic I took a look at how many exclusive stand alone titles each console had (not Arcade or PSN only titles) and came to the conclusion that, the Playstation 3 has many more exclusive games than the Xbox. I then limited myself to counting how many "Quality" exclusives were available to each console and counted 28 for the PS3 and 16 for the Xbox360 that have a metacritic score of 85-100. (count might be off 1-2 either way, also did not include map packs etc. only stand-alone titles)

I then wanted to dig alittle further and see which console offered more of a variety of unique exclusives, and to do this I counted how many unique titles where accounted for within the PS3's 28 and the Xbox360's 16. (so sequels were not counted) After counting I found that the PS3 offered 17 unique exclusives, while the Xbox360 only offered 9 unique exclusive titles.

These finding make it pretty apparent that the Playstation 3 offeres vastly more Quality exclusives than the Xbox360, as well as Unique exlcusives. One thing that I also found out while looking at the metacritic lists, was that Xbox360 offers alot of quality arcade titles in comparison to the PS3 online offerings. But do people buy consoles for Arcade titles in mind? That i'm not sure.

skornedwarrior
So in other words, cows opinions VS lems opinions. You can close this thread now please.
skornedwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 skornedwarrior

Maybe I'll post a chart to the 1st post eventually, I just wanted to write it down. For anyone wonderign where I got the lists

xbox 360 http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/xbox360?sort=desc&view=condensed&page=0

PS3 http://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/ps3?sort=desc&view=condensed

It's really not that hard to do...

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KarateeeChop

Eddie-Vedder

you don't have a very big vocabulary do you? :lol:

skornedwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 skornedwarrior

[QUOTE="skornedwarrior"]

kingtito

So in other words, cows opinions VS lems opinions. You can close this thread now please.

How is it an opinion?...it's fact based on a pool of averaged reviews from every valid gaming site on the net....

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 soulitane

[QUOTE="kingtito"][QUOTE="skornedwarrior"]

skornedwarrior

How is it an opinion?...it's fact based on a pool of averaged reviews from every valid gaming site on the net....

It's still people's opinion, even if it is a collective of opinions.
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

skornedwarrior

JulesPulpFiction.gif

Ignore the perenially butthurt fool, this is a good thread, continue.

skornedwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 skornedwarrior

[QUOTE="skornedwarrior"]

soulitane

That's true theoretically but they do say, if it quaks like a duck and walks like a duck it's usually a duck. Or in this cause a Quality game. :D

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kingtito

skornedwarrior

You have trouble differentiating fact from opinion don't you?
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 soulitane

[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="skornedwarrior"]

skornedwarrior

That's true theoretically but they do say, if it quaks like a duck and walks like a duck it's usually a duck. Or in this cause a Quality game. :D

Sure they're probably quality, but still it's an opinion, nothing more.
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rilpas

Eddie-Vedder

you know what? lets use your list and update it with 2012 games

1. Gears of War 94 - 2006
  2. Halo 3 94 - 2007
  3. Gears of War 2 93 - 2008
  4. Forza Motorsport 3 92 - 2009
  5. Mass Effect 91 - 2007
  6. Forza Motorsport 4 91 - 2011
  7. Gears of War 3 91 - 2011
  8. Halo Reach 91 - 2010
  9. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 90 - 2006
  10. Forza Motorsport 2 90 - 2007
  11. The Witcher 2 89 - 2012
  12. Fable II 89 - 2008
  13. Left 4 Dead 89 - 2008
  14. Left 4 Dead 2 89 - 2009
  15. Project Gotham Racing 3 88 - 2005
  16. Call of Duty 2 86 - 2005
  17. Dance Central 2 86 - 2011
  18. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction 85 ? 2010
  19. Project Gotham Racing 4 85 ? 2007
  20. Dead or Alive 85 ? 2005
  21. Dead Rising 85 - 2006
  22. Viva Pinata 84 - 2006
  23. Halo 3 ODST 83 - 2009
  24. Crackdown 83 - 2007
  25. Alan Wake 83 - 2010
  26. Halo Wars 82 - 2009
  27. Dance Central 82 - 2010
  28. Viva Pinata TIP 82 - 2008
  29. Halo Combat Evolved: Anniversary Edition 82 - 2011
  30. Stoked Big Air Edition 81 - 2009
  31. Rockstar Table Tennis 81 - 2006
  32. Condemned 81 - 2005
  33. Saints Row 81 - 2006
  34. Perfect Dark Zero 81 - 2005
  35. Ace Combat 6 80 - 2007
  36. Moto GP'06 80 - 2006
  37. Naruto 80 - 2008
  38. NBA 2k6 80 - 2005
  39. Flatout: Ultimate Carnage 80 - 2007
  40. Bully: Scholarship Edition 80 - 2008
  41. Fable 3
  42. Forza Horizon
  43. Dance Central 3
  44. Halo 4

Sony Playstation 3

1. Uncharted 2: Among Thieves 96 - 2009
  2. LittleBigPlanet 95 - 2008
  3. Metal Gear Solid: Guns of the Patriots 94 - 2008
  4. God of War III 92 - 2010
  5. LittleBigPlanet 2 92 - 2011
  6. Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception 92 - 2011
  7. The ICO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection 91 - 2011
  8. MLB 10: The Show 91 - 2010
  9. God of War Collection 91 - 2009
  10. Killzone 2 91 - 2009
  11. MLB 11 The Show 90 - 2011
  12. Demon's Souls 89 - 2009
  13. Racthet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction 89 - 2007
  14. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune 88 - 2007
  15. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 88 - 2007
  16. Heavy Rain 87 - 2010
  17. MLB 09: The Show 90 - 2009
  18. Wipeout HD 87 - 2008
  19. Resistance 2 87 - 2008
  20. Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time 87 - 2009
  21. MLB 12 The Show 86 - 2012
  22. Valkyria Chronicles 86 - 2008
  23. Resistance: Fall of Man 86 - 2006
  24. The Sly Collection 85 - 2010
  25. MLB 08: The Show 85 - 2008
  26. Infamous 85 - 2009
  27. Godo f War Origins Collection 84 - 2011
  28. Killzone 3 84 - 2011
  29. Gran Turismo 5 84 - 2010
  30. Motorstorm 84 - 2007
  31. Warhawk 84 - 2007
  32. Resistance 3 83 - 2011
  33. Infamous 2 82 - 2011
  34. Modnation Racers 82 - 2010
  35. Motorstorm: Pacific Rift 82 - 2008
  36. Singstar 82 - 2008
  37. Jak and Daxter Collection 81 - 2012
  38. Prince of Persia ****c Trilogy HD 81 - 2011
  39. Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds 81 - 2008
  40. Disagea 4: A Promise Unforgotten 80 - 2011
  41. Yakuza 3 80 - 2010
  42. Buzz! Quiz TV 80 - 2008
  43. Buzz! Quiz World 80 - 2009
  44. Ratchet and Clank COllection

they seem pretty tied to me

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kingtito

[QUOTE="soulitane"][QUOTE="skornedwarrior"]

skornedwarrior

Quality does not make the game good. KZ2 has quality but I thought it was terrible. Terrible controls, bland story and poor game play. See those are my opinions and opinions are what makes up most of a review.
skornedwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 skornedwarrior

You have trouble differentiating fact from opinion don't you?kingtito

Ok so it is a fact that all reviews are the opinion of the reveiwer only. BUT as in court there is what you call an "expert witnesses" and to my knowledge you can pretty much call these various game reviewers experts in there feild. They are people who are paid to write fleshed out pro/con reviews for these games, on most decent sites. yes you get a few reviews that are from left feild, that straight out don't line up with the majority opinion, but that's the great thing about Metacritic. it averages all the reviews so, a few poor or VERY positive left feild reviews wont overly sway the score.

I'm not saying reviewers opinions are facts but they are opinions of experts in this particular feild therefore more valuable of an opinion than you and I.

skornedwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 skornedwarrior

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

rilpas

2. Halo 3 94 - 2007
  5. Mass Effect 91 - 2007
  8. Halo Reach 91 - 2010
  12. Fable II 89 - 2008
  24. Crackdown 83 - 2007
  25. Alan Wake 83 - 2010
  26. Halo Wars 82 - 2009
  32. Condemned 81 - 2005
  33. Saints Row 81 - 2006
  36. Moto GP'06 80 - 2006
  37. Naruto 80 - 2008
  38. NBA 2k6 80 - 2005
  41. Fable 3
  42. Forza Horizon
  43. Dance Central 3
  44. Halo 4

Sony Playstation 3

10. Killzone 2 91 - 2009
  16. Heavy Rain 87 - 2010
  18. Wipeout HD 87 - 2008
  26. Infamous 85 - 2009
  28. Killzone 3 84 - 2011
  30. Motorstorm 84 - 2007
  31. Warhawk 84 - 2007
  33. Infamous 2 82 - 2011
  36. Singstar 82 - 2008
  41. Yakuza 3 80 - 2010

That's not the lists I used.... I didnt count any game below an 85. So whata re you posting

FireSpirit117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FireSpirit117
Member since 2012 • 1926 Posts

1. Metacritc...eww.

2. Your criteria is limited as hell.

3. Define "unique". As in not a shooter or racer?

4. Arcade games are heavily advertised on both PSN and XBL and are expected by the consumer to be treated as any other game, so yeah.

5. Just exclusives? lol

6. Metacritic...eww.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rilpas

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

skornedwarrior

2. Halo 3 94 - 2007
  5. Mass Effect 91 - 2007
  8. Halo Reach 91 - 2010
  12. Fable II 89 - 2008
  24. Crackdown 83 - 2007
  25. Alan Wake 83 - 2010
  26. Halo Wars 82 - 2009
  32. Condemned 81 - 2005
  33. Saints Row 81 - 2006
  36. Moto GP'06 80 - 2006
  37. Naruto 80 - 2008
  38. NBA 2k6 80 - 2005
  41. Fable 3
  42. Forza Horizon
  43. Dance Central 3
  44. Halo 4

Sony Playstation 3

10. Killzone 2 91 - 2009
  16. Heavy Rain 87 - 2010
  18. Wipeout HD 87 - 2008
  26. Infamous 85 - 2009
  28. Killzone 3 84 - 2011
  30. Motorstorm 84 - 2007
  31. Warhawk 84 - 2007
  33. Infamous 2 82 - 2011
  36. Singstar 82 - 2008
  41. Yakuza 3 80 - 2010

That's not the lists I used.... I didnt count any game below an 85. So whata re you posting

you do know what a quote is, right?

I was talking to Eddie Vedder and I was using his list

RapidTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RapidTurtle
Member since 2010 • 344 Posts

My opinion is that if Sony could have just made a true Halo killer, they would have crushed the Xbox. I have both consoles, and like em or hate em, Halo and Cod are the two most popular MP titles. Resistance MP was a mess. Killzone came close, but just can't stand up against Halo, and never got the sales figures of Halo. They need to make a multiplayer game as good as Halo, and then market the hell out of it. Hell, even the Cod series runs better on the Xbox.

Sony has some other great games, that MS doesn't. I loved the Uncharted and God of War series, and infamous wasn't to shabby either. One good multiplayer game to compete with Halo, and this console war could have been over long ago.

skornedwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 skornedwarrior

1. Metacritc...eww.

4. Arcade games are heavily advertised on both PSN and XBL, so yeah.

5. Just exclusives? lol

6. Metacritic...eww.

FireSpirit117

1. Metacritic is the best single source for reviews since it pulls them all together and averages them, still unsure for the hate.

2. Limited to high quality games above 85%

3. Did you even read the post? Limited to unique games so sequels weren't counted as in Halo 3 counted, halo 4 not...uncharted 2 coutned, uncharted 3 not. learn how to read.)

4. do you buy $300 for arcade games?

5. Why would I compared multiplatform games?? Do I care about slightly better contrast? do you...?

6. See #1.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="rilpas"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

skornedwarrior

2. Halo 3 94 - 2007
  5. Mass Effect 91 - 2007
  8. Halo Reach 91 - 2010
  12. Fable II 89 - 2008
  24. Crackdown 83 - 2007
  25. Alan Wake 83 - 2010
  26. Halo Wars 82 - 2009
  32. Condemned 81 - 2005
  33. Saints Row 81 - 2006
  36. Moto GP'06 80 - 2006
  37. Naruto 80 - 2008
  38. NBA 2k6 80 - 2005
  41. Fable 3
  42. Forza Horizon
  43. Dance Central 3
  44. Halo 4

Sony Playstation 3

10. Killzone 2 91 - 2009
  16. Heavy Rain 87 - 2010
  18. Wipeout HD 87 - 2008
  26. Infamous 85 - 2009
  28. Killzone 3 84 - 2011
  30. Motorstorm 84 - 2007
  31. Warhawk 84 - 2007
  33. Infamous 2 82 - 2011
  36. Singstar 82 - 2008
  41. Yakuza 3 80 - 2010

and now we know WHY you chose the arbitrary limit of 85, you didn't do it From 80 Because you Clearly wanted the Ps3 to look better, Nice try sunshine but ultimately a fail really.
skornedwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 skornedwarrior

My opinion is that if Sony could have just made a true Halo killer, they would have crushed the Xbox. I have both consoles, and like em or hate em, Halo and Cod are the two most popular MP titles. Resistance MP was a mess. Killzone came close, but just can't stand up against Halo, and never got the sales figures of Halo. They need to make a multiplayer game as good as Halo, and then market the hell out of it. Hell, even the Cod series runs better on the Xbox.

Sony has some other great games, that MS doesn't. I loved the Uncharted and God of War series, and infamous wasn't to shabby either. One good multiplayer game to compete with Halo, and this console war could have been over long ago.

RapidTurtle

For sure Halo/Gears are the killer apps for xbox, but I just used this post to show how many more quality exclusives the PS3 has, as well as unique quality exclusives.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Why did you go from 85?

skornedwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 skornedwarrior

and now we know WHY you chose the arbitrary limit of 85, you didn't do it From 80 Because you Clearly wanted the Ps3 to look better, Nice try sunshine but ultimately a fail really.delta3074

WTF?? lol that list doesnt show anything...I still have no clue why he randomly highlighted games from each year??? I chose 85% and above because those are high quality games nice try buddy.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rilpas

guys, I was answering to Eddie-Vedder and the list in sig. its pretty obvious that by his own rules the 360 and PS3 are tied

also TC, for someone who goes into all the trouble of counting every console's exclusives, you sure don't seem to play them, level 6 on PSN, really?

skornedwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 skornedwarrior

Why did you go from 85?

lundy86_4

I was orignally gonna go from 90-100 but decided broaden it a bit, to a number where I think everyone would still agree that is considered a really great game 85% and up. below 85% I'm not sure can truly be said to be a great game to most people.

A high budget exclusive that scores below an 85% can almost seem like a semi-mediocre outing considering how much $$ go into these eclusives.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 lundy86_4

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Why did you go from 85?

skornedwarrior

I was orignally gonna go from 90-100 but decided broaden it a bit, to a number where I think everyone would still agree that is considered a really great game 85% and up. below 85% I'm not sure can truly be said to be a great game to most people.

Metacritic, who you are using, considers 75+ to be generally favourable reviews:

40613910.png

Why not use their limitations (as we are using their scores, after all), instead of arbitrarily applying your own? In fact, why not just look at the library from 70 upwards, like we do here?

----

Also, what exactly, were these unique games? You post your numbers, but you actually do not post the games and their ratings. Doing so, would make this thread far more viable.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="FireSpirit117"]

1. Metacritc...eww.

5. Just exclusives? lol

6. Metacritic...eww.

skornedwarrior

1. Metacritic is the best single source for reviews since it pulls them all together and averages them, still unsure for the hate.

3. Did you even read the post? Limited to unique games so sequels weren't counted as in Halo 3 counted, halo 4 not...uncharted 2 coutned, uncharted 3 not. learn how to read.)

5. Why would I compared multiplatform games?? Do I care about slightly better contrast? do you...?

6. See #1.

:lol:

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="delta3074"]and now we know WHY you chose the arbitrary limit of 85, you didn't do it From 80 Because you Clearly wanted the Ps3 to look better, Nice try sunshine but ultimately a fail really.skornedwarrior

WTF?? lol that list doesnt show anything...I still have no clue why he randomly highlighted games from each year??? I chose 85% and above because those are high quality games nice try buddy.

80 and above, AA games are Quality games as well dude, it seems Odd that you would choose 85 when the norm for these kinds of discussions are 80 or above, AA titles
skornedwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 skornedwarrior

[QUOTE="skornedwarrior"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Why did you go from 85?

lundy86_4

Metacritic, who you are using, considers 75+ to be generally favourable reviews:

40613910.png

Why not use their limitations (as we are using their scores, after all), instead of arbitrarily applying your own? In fact, why not just look at the library from 70 upwards, like we do here?

Not only would that take alot longer to do, but I myself would ratehr see a list of games that are GREAT or excellent or as you show gain universal acclaim, other than generally favorable. Why count mediocre exclusives and point them as equal up againt excellent top tier exclusives?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kingtito

[QUOTE="skornedwarrior"]

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Why did you go from 85?

lundy86_4

Because he will get owned that's why. Cows are always trying to skew the numbers to favor them. TC is no exception as he's trying to make a point that reviews are fact and not opinion.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

guys, I was answering to Eddie-Vedder and the list in sig. its pretty obvious that by his own rules the 360 and PS3 are tied

also TC, for someone who goes into all the trouble of counting every console's exclusives, you sure don't seem to play them, level 6 on PSN, really?

rilpas
I'll own you quickly and send you along, you fable that scored like a 75, so remove it, and you missed Okami HD on the PS3. So there alone the 360 gets owned. However the TC was talking about exclusives and that list includes multiplats, again the 360 gets destroyed. And last but most important it isn't only the quantity, it's everything about that list, the release dates, teh variety, teh amount of exclusives. Look at how many crappy outdated 2005-2007 games are on that list for the 360, and how many repeated, Halo, Halo, Halo, Forza, Forza, Forza, Gears, Gears, Gears... The 360 loses any way you slice it.
skornedwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 skornedwarrior

Because he will get owned that's why. Cows are always trying to skew the numbers to favor them. TC is no exception as he's trying to make a point that reviews are fact and not opinion. kingtito

Why count mediocre exclusives and point them as equal up againt excellent top tier exclusives? Also I counted unique great exclusives by only countign 1 out of a series i.e 1 uncharted, 1 halo, 1 forza etc. for varied gameplay

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="FireSpirit117"]

1. Metacritc...eww.

5. Just exclusives? lol

6. Metacritic...eww.

skornedwarrior

6. See #1.

So many flaws...

1. Metacritic (especially for consoles) also aggregates rather biased sources such as Xbox/Playstation official magazines that will obviously skew scores. They just aggregate and average without analyzing the merit or legitimacy of the review source.

2. why 85%? rather arbitrary, especially as AA (a good/great game on GS) is 80% on GS

3. Also arbitrary and limiting. You say no sequels but you count Halo 3 and uncharted 2 which are both sequels. But you dont count Halo 4, which is by a new developer and actually more likely to offer unique experience.

Further you dont even provide any of your (useless) data. Your entire "study" is a load of crap and entirely worthless. In all honestly, the 360 and PS3 are about equal. Fvcking deal with it or go get a job so you can buy both and quit your b!tching

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 rilpas

6. See #1.

KarateeeChop

how did you count 17 unique exclusives then? I counted 10

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lundy86_4

Not only would that take alot longer to do, but I myself would ratehr see a list of games that are GREAT or excellent or as you show gain universal acclaim, other than generally favorable. Why count mediocre exclusives and point them as equal up againt excellent top tier exclusives?

skornedwarrior

Unfortunately, you arbitrarily defined what is determined as "GREAT or excellent". There is little scientific reasoning to your procedure. You simply did what you felt was best for your own study... Which is obviously innaccurate.

I utilized either our ranking here at GS, or Metacritics. MC's would be more accurate as you are using their scores.

---

Again, what is this list of unique games, for both systems. Thank you.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kingtito

[QUOTE="kingtito"] You have trouble differentiating fact from opinion don't you?skornedwarrior

Ok so it is a fact that all reviews are the opinion of the reveiwer only. BUT as in court there is what you call an "expert witnesses" and to my knowledge you can pretty much call these various game reviewers experts in there feild. They are people who are paid to write fleshed out pro/con reviews for these games, on most decent sites. yes you get a few reviews that are from left feild, that straight out don't line up with the majority opinion, but that's the great thing about Metacritic. it averages all the reviews so, a few poor or VERY positive left feild reviews wont overly sway the score.

I'm not saying reviewers opinions are facts but they are opinions of experts in this particular feild therefore more valuable of an opinion than you and I.

Experts use fact and science to back them up. Reviewers use opinions to back up their reviews. Sorry but you can say it till you're blue in the face but reviews == opinion. You could also say it a few times in hope that it magically becomes fact. I'm sure most cows will agree
rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 rilpas

'll own you quickly and send you along, you fable that scored like a 75, so remove it,Eddie-Vedder
wrong

and you missed Okami HD on the PS3.So there alone the 360 gets owned.Eddie-Vedder
downloadable games don't count, remember?

However the TC was talking about exclusives and that list includes multiplats, again the 360 gets destroyed. And last but most important it isn't only the quantity, it's everything about that list, the release dates, teh variety, teh amount of exclusives. Look at how many crappy outdated 2005-2007 games are on that list for the 360, and how many repeated, Halo, Halo, Halo, Forza, Forza, Forza, Gears, Gears, Gears... The 360 loses any way you slice it. Eddie-Vedder

nope, in the way you sliced it, they're tied