Xbox developing TV series based on rapper Nas

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58902 Posts

Looks like another high quality, raise the bar as high as possible, we think you are a very clever use base win for the xbox.

The show is a "premium" "exclusive" like the halo man tv show about a man in a motocross helmet shooting pokemon.

U Jelly Playstation fanboys?

For many xbox people, this will fill the Breaking Bad void and make the $500 console worth the money, no doubt.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Looks like another high quality, raise the bar as high as possible, we think you are a very clever use base win for the xbox.

The show is a "premium" "exclusive" like the halo man tv show about a man in a motocross helmet shooting pokemon.

For many xbox people, this will fill the Breaking Bad void and make the $500 console worth the money, no doubt.

Its part of the exclusive programming as gamers come from all kinds of backgrounds and have all kinds of interest. Nas is one of my fav artists, but no doubt MS will profile people from different music genres, TV shows, athletes ect. And since this is free programming its a win in my book. As for the $500 worth, Titanfall, Fable Legends, Quantum Break, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct Season 1 and 2, and Gears of War 4 all justify my purchase :)

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

Will it be 1080p tho?

anyways, this is fucking stupid. Buy $500 system, pay a $60 subscirtion to XB LIVE, watch a TV show?

How can any gamer say with a straight face, "Thank you M$, this is what we wanted."

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Ummm isn't the Xbox One a gaming console? If i want to watch TV i have cable already. I buy a games console to game.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup

@shawn30 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Its part of the exclusive programming as gamers come from all kinds of backgrounds and have all kinds of interest. Nas is one of my fav artists, but no doubt MS will profile people from different music genres, TV shows, athletes ect. And since this is free programming its a win in my book. As for the $500 worth, Titanfall, Fable Legends, Quantum Break, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct Season 1 and 2, and Gears of War 4 all justify my purchase :)

My friend, I find calling rappers "artists" an insult to real music that takes effort. What this essentially is, is children rhymes. Replacing whimsical with boasting about crime, gratuitous swear words and demeaning woman and you pretty much have every rap ever produced. Most of these rap men, they don't know how to play a single instrument. In fact, a lot of the time they just steal "beats". (from real music). Then, when they become rich, we get to watch these silly men on music videos wear a cap sideways, bounce up and down showing off jewellery and pointing at woman's rear ends. It's the low point of culture.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shawn30

@Nengo_Flow said:

Will it be 1080p tho?

anyways, this is fucking stupid. Buy $500 system, pay a $60 subscirtion to XB LIVE, watch a TV show?

How can any gamer say with a straight face, "Thank you M$, this is what we wanted."

When your gaming line-up looks like this - Titanfall, Fable Legends, Quantum Break, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct Season 1 and 2, and Gears of War 4 - and your console can voice/motion control navigate through all features and apps, and they are offering exclusive programming with your Live subscription, and with a voice command you can immediately record gameplay, edit the footage with your own video and comments and then upload it online, your system will have all the big name multiplats, and more unannounced games to come how can any gamer say the Xbox One is not a great gaming console with a straight face? What the hell is wrong with them adding to your experience by providing exclusive programming on top of online multiplayer? You're really reaching to have any sort of case to stand on here. And I've been gaming for 23 years.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

Ummm isn't the Xbox One a gaming console? If i want to watch TV i have cable already. I buy a games console to game.

Damn, now I got to throw away my PS4 because I can use netflix on my TV. Your right Nettret0120

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Was waiting for this.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Rap "music" is terrible and no one should listen to it or support it.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By shawn30

@uninspiredcup said:

@shawn30 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend, I find calling rappers "artists" an insult to real music that takes effort. What this essentially is, is children rhymes. Replacing whimsical with boasting about crime, gratuitous swear words and demeaning woman and you pretty much have every rap ever produced. Most of these rap men, they don't know how to play a single instrument. In fact, a lot of the time they just steal "beats". (from real music). Then, when they become rich, we get to watch these silly men on music videos wear a cap sideways, bounce up and down showing off jewellery and pointing at woman's rear ends. It's the low point of culture.

My friend,

Hip-hop culture originated in New York among black and Latino ghetto. Street culture existed for centuries in all countries. But in USA, a country of ghettos, it had a special isolation from society. And then it spilled on the streets of white quarters and then to the masses - the show-business, discos, cinema, etc. Despite the fact that hip-hop as a way of life originated long ago in various parts of North America, the real birthplace of it is considered to be the South Bronx - the black ghettos of New York, one of the poorest quarters. But the word "hip-hop" did not yet exist, it was invented a few years later, when already grown-up culture needed some overall title, by a legendary DJ (DJ), Africa Bambaataa.

Hip hop music is characterized by stylized rhythmic music, often accompanied by rapping or emceeing and deejaying. It takes influence from jazz poetry, call and response parterns and soul music. It's as varied a musical form as any other, painting vivid pictures through complex storytelling, and for every silly man on music videos wear a cap sideways, bounce up and down showing off jewellery and pointing at woman's rear ends there are socially conscious, intelligent, mature artists like Nas, Skyzoo, Lupe, Immortal Technique, Tribe Called Quest, Gangstarr, Common, KRS-One, Chuck D, Canibus, LL Cool J, Scarface, Mos Def, The Fugees, and the Roots - Not all of their work screams socially conscious. Some is hard, sexual, or just gritty as hell due to the subject matter. Music is never just one thing in any genre and hip hop would not have a world wide influence the way that it does if it were not a true artform. If you dislike it, fine. The world does not. OK, off the soapbox about hip hop and yes I know there are tons of fake gangsta garbage out there.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jakandsigz
@uninspiredcup said:

@shawn30 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

So like most white people you have not heard any rap before 2005? I don't blame you, Soulja Boy screwed up rock and pop music as well and lowered the standards for everyone. Rock music barely use instruments now, they use 10 beat computer rock synthesizers. Shame really.

Or if you are just talking out your ass. I assume it's the former because you can't prove one thing you posted so i am going to assume you only started listening after the death point. Excluding underground.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 uninspiredcup

My friend I listen to Mozart, intellectual music that sets the heart alight. My race is unimportant, anyone can enjoy Mozart regardless of skin color. Such is the power of raw unadulterated passion, it has no boundaries. Unlike rap.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

Will it be 1080p tho?

You an do more than watch a TV show with the X1, moron

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

@shawn30: Ok now tell us all about the wonders and value of peanut butter.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

Will it be 1080p tho?

Because unlike Sony the X1 is also getting games.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@uninspiredcup: I could care less about this show. I probably will watch the Halo show however. Not sure why people are complaining. Viacom has a lineup of shows being prepared for the PS4 as well.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/08/16/sonys-viacom-deal-is-big-news-for-ps4/

I'm sure we'll see some big announcement about it at the E3. I have no problem with new shows, especially if it's no extra cost on top of my XBL subscription.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

My friend I listen to Mozart, intellectual music that sets the heart alight. My race is unimportant, anyone can enjoy Mozart regardless of skin color. Such is the power of raw unadulterated passion, it has no boundaries. Unlike rap.

Anybody can enjoy rap music as well.....in fact the majority of people that buy rap music are white people.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jakandsigz

@uninspiredcup said:

Were you responding to him or me?

Also uh, rap has boundaries?

Your ignorance is getting way to high way to fast.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Okay...so race is important in rap/hip hop? Answer me some questions if you will.

Exactly what race is it important to be to listen to rap and hip hop?
Exactly what skin colour should I be to enjoy rap and hip hop?
How intellectual (subjective) should a piece of music (variable) be, to be worthy (subjective) of listening to?

Also.... passion is subjective, boundaries are variables.

Perhaps you should apply some intelect and engage your brain before you continue to make yourself look even more ignorant.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By uninspiredcup

@always_explicit said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Okay...so race is important in rap/hip hop? Answer me some questions if you will.

How intellectual (subjective) should a piece of music (variable) be, to be worthy (subjective) of listening to?

Perhaps you should apply some intelect and engage your brain before you continue to make yourself look even more ignorant.

But i'm right.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

MS already knows the games are gonna come I'm really looking forward to the exclusive TV side of things NAS is the truth, I am, illmatic, Stillmatic are classics and it will be interesting to see how this is gonna pan out.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#31 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

Rap "music" is terrible and no one should listen to it or support it.

Why? Rap isn't my favorite genre, but I can respect some artists in there.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@shawn30 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Hip Hop is just a viable music platform as anything else. You sound like my parents talking about rock an roll.

Easy up folks its art not science.......

Back on topic.

The One does more than games guys, same as my tablet, computer, and even the vehicle I drive does more than just drive. Multifunction is great when done well.

I still remember this foolishness from last gen.

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shawn30

@Zen_Light said:

@shawn30: Ok now tell us all about the wonders and value of peanut butter.

I wouldn't want to speak over more than what your intellectual abilities could handle.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@SEANMCAD said:

@blackace said:

@uninspiredcup: I could care less about this show. I probably will watch the Halo show however. Not sure why people are complaining. Viacom has a lineup of shows being prepared for the PS4 as well.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/08/16/sonys-viacom-deal-is-big-news-for-ps4/

I'm sure we'll see some big announcement about it at the E3. I have no problem with new shows, especially if it's no extra cost on top of my XBL subscription.

I think some of us would perfer a gaming division of a company to spend money on games instead of TV shows.

mark my words...microsoft will sell xbox division. I am almost positive now

LOL!! No, they won't. Especially after making $6.5 billion in net profit this last quarter. If their division is making money, there's no way they will sell it. Unlike Sony who has already sold their PC/Laptop division and is about to sell their HDTV business to a subsidiary company. Mark my words. Sony will lose another billion this year as well. Kaz is going to be fired before the end of the year.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@always_explicit said:

@uninspiredcup said:

But i'm right.

I notice you couldnt answer the questions...bit tricky weren't they.

lhughey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lhughey
Member since 2006 • 4862 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@shawn30 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

You correct. The only real music is music from when music was invented, likely by Africans thousands of years ago. Since then, every generations of people with sticks up their butt have been trying to discredit the music of their sons. The cycle continues with you. Your way of thinking actually discredits every type of music that you consider as "real" music. Whether is be classical, jazz, rock, metal, pop, rap --it has all be considered music of lesser humans.

And don't even get me started on my expectations of your (lack of) ability to actually give an educated review of hiphop. :)

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By uninspiredcup
@kuu2 said:

But art uses science. Leonardo Da Vinci pioneered much of earily fundamental science via art and vice versa. as both are inherently linked. Likewise, reading music is a science. Learning to play instruments. Talent and skill and two different things my friend. Talent, without skill, will only get one so far. Someone with talent who has learned the skills required, reading music and theory of music will generally, always do a superior job to someone only with talent, without knowledge.

This my friends (my very young friends) is why rap is the most rudimentary and looked down form of music. It has no skill. No science. The reason rap is so focused on cultural image is because it is utterly devoid of any meaningful skill. It's children's rhymes for people who have not studies the science of the craft. A fad.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

Will it be 1080p tho?

Because that's not the ONLY thing you can do with the console. How blind do you have to be to see that these are actually good things. Not everyone wants "just a games machine" with no options other than playing games. The XOne can play games AND do other things and THAT appeals to a lot of people. How are you guys so narrow minded?

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

@uninspiredcup:

what homie there are rap artist you just listening to the wrong ones NAS, rakim, PAC, kool moe d, kool g rap, BIG L, KRS- ONE, LUPE, TECH 9, Drizzy Wright, and many more everyone don't talk about bitches and hos jewelry and cars, that's just that dumbed down stuff that they want the uneducated to hear so people can follow the agenda.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 uninspiredcup

@lhughey said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@shawn30 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

You correct. The only real music is music from when music was invented, likely by Africans thousands of years ago.

My friend, once again you young fellows delve into the cheap easy route of race. Making superior arguments, I focused on the medium, not the skin color. This constant latching on to "Africa" argument rather than the actual quality of the source materiel is a disturbing sign of the times.

For your information young man, I play the clarinet.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kuu2

@uninspiredcup said:
@kuu2 said:

But art uses science. Leonardo Da Vinci pioneered much of earily fundamental science via art and vice versa. as both are inherently linked. Likewise, reading music is a science. Learning to play instruments. Talent and skill and two different things my friend. Talent, without skill, will only get one so far. Someone with talent who has learned the skills required, reading music and theory of music will generally, always do a superior job to someone only with talent, without knowledge.

This my friends (my very young friends) is why rap is the most rudimentary and looked down form of music. It has no skill. No science. The reason rap is so focused on cultural image is because it is utterly devoid of any meaningful skill. It's children's rhymes for people who have not studies the science of the craft. A fad.

So now poetry set to music is a fad????

And Da Vinci is not the authority on art, or science. He had great insights on both subjects but both existed long before he stepped on the earth.

Lastly you can't separate culture and art because they are linked, have always been linked, and can never be separated from each other.

And yes there is science to hip hop, ryhme schemes adhere to a certain format. Hip Hop is far from my favorite genre of music but to dismiss it is being narrow minded.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jakandsigz

@uninspiredcup said:
@kuu2 said:

I am not 100% sure you have not listened to any hip hop music before 2005. because everything you have said is BS and you can't provide an example of any single thing you said.

To say rap is the most looked down upon music is also some pretty interesting stuff to say without overwhelming back up. You even pretend to believe there are cultural boundaries when white people purchase the most rap music, and almost all the 90's and early 200's was one of the dominate genres in asia, especially japan. Remember all those unskilled talnetless black people in ***- Oh wait, there are none if not barely any there at all? Well shoot.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By uninspiredcup

@kuu2 said:

And Da Vinci is not the authority on art, or science. He had great insights on both subjects but both existed long before he stepped on the earth.

This is wrong my young friend. His study of anatomy was ground breaking and his studies methods are now the norm. What a ridiculous thing to say. Tut tut.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

Why do people engage with this uninspired guy, he just takes you for a ride. Leave him to his babblings.

StriateEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StriateEnd
Member since 2013 • 521 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@shawn30 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

You have no idea what you're talking about mate. Stop generalizing, it's incredibly ignorant.

Anyways, can't wait to watch this on any of the million tv show streaming sites on the internet!

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kuu2
@uninspiredcup said:

@shawn30 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Not all Hip Hop is degrading just like all poetry is not uplifting, or classical being brooding or verbose.

Here are some examples.

http://www.lecrae.com/

http://www.andymineo.com/

http://www.lampmode.com/artists/shai-linne/

http://www.lampmode.com/artists/stephen-the-levite/

http://isix5.com/

That is just a small sampling.......

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kuu2
@uninspiredcup said:

@kuu2 said:

This is wrong my young friend. His study of anatomy was ground breaking and his studies methods are now the norm. What a ridiculous thing to say. Tut tut.

Thats funny because age and wisdom are rarely connected.

I know just as many old fools as I do young ones.

How old am I by the way????

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

WOW

GamingGod999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GamingGod999
Member since 2011 • 3135 Posts

Would prefer them to spend that money on developing new games.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kuu2

@GamingGod999 said:

Would prefer them to spend that money on developing new games.

When you have a lot of money you can and should diversify your investments. This is only one of them.

Game investment is not lacking on The One, the PauperStation 4 on the other hand......