Xbox Controller trounces PS4 Controller.

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KillzoneSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 0

#51 KillzoneSnake
Member since 2012 • 2761 Posts

DS4 the best controller in history. It even has sound xD

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

Nope DS4 is better. It is by far the best controller I've ever used. The fact the XBone still uses AA batteries disqualifies it.

MJFame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 MJFame
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

So why does it even matter how you rate either product while hell-bent on force-feeding the fact that "you feel this way because.. you're wrong and i'm right because i said-so" garbage.. Listen, ADOLF, this type of illogical thinking fueled the fire (no pun intended, but i did just identify the reference as i typed it, lol) for World War 2.. All you fine folks ever do is cause a ridiculous "Nuh UH" "this is better than the other because" flame war..

If that's actually how you enjoy spending your precious moments existing on this earth then by all means.. TROLL ON!

Personal preference

is

PERSONAL PREFERENCE

That being said, I would like to contribute my opinions & philosophies regarding our current, and very near-future, state-of-gaming from a more technological standpoint. I will offer my own opinions mixed with factual information - followed by a brief explanation (when necessary).

I realize that my post will, undoubtedly, fall into deaf ears (ya it's just a figure of speech but feel free to nit-pick that statement as I'm certain that a few of you will)

but, if i haven't lost you yet then, please read on:

First of all, my 3year old PC still produces better looking graphics than either system (and it should considering I spent $5500 to build it - and the fact that it is necessary to spend $500-$1000 on upgraded graphics cards every other year) BUT THESE NEW CONSOLES WILL BE CLOSE ENOUGH TO THAT LEVEL OF DETAIL.

I'm a First-Person Shooter guy so I prefer the xbox triggers, analog sticks & placement over the PS4, I also like the firmware that runs the console better on the Xbox brand..

I prefer the graphical power of the PS4 over the Xbox One (Sure the Xbone hasn't been released yet but I undeerstand hardware and I'm not blind -seen the specs and screenshot comparisons, even a few videos).

Also I am glad that this version of the PS4 no longer runs OPENGL (That coupled with the, extremely hard to code for, Cell processor hurt game development on PS3. As a result almost every 3rd party title was developed for X360 and then ported over to ps3 (hence the sharper looking graphics and smother framerates on X360 for virtually all multi-platform games). This gen, however, due to the fact that Both PS and XB are running their own form of DirextX11/D3D11 and the processor for PS4 is, reportedly, much easier to code (in fact i have heard that the DX11 architecture on PS4 is actually easier to code on the surface level than it has ever been before on PC or will be on XBONE).

What this means for us gamers is that since the 2 consoles both run familiar (developer-friendly) DX architectures that has been the game dev standard for 20-some-odd years (really, since the release of Win95) and since the PS edges out the Xbone (hardware-wise) Multi-platform games will actually look and perform better on PS this gen.. What's really awesome is the fact that gamers who have never seen DirectX11 in action are in for a treat.. The latest version of DX is all about TESSELATION. >>>

>>>>>

"Tesselation is used to manage datasets of polygons (sometimes called vertex sets) presenting objects in a scene and divide them into suitable structures for rendering. Especially for real-time rendering, data are tessellated into triangles"

A key advantage of tessellation for realtime graphics is that it allows detail to be dynamically added and subtracted from a 3D mesh and its silhouette edges based on control parameters (often camera distance). In previously leading realtime techniques such as parallax mapping and bump mapping, surface details could be simulated at the pixel level, but silhouette edge detail was fundamentally limited by the quality of the original dataset.

In Direct3D 11 pipeline (a part of DirectX 11), the graphics primitive is the patch.[3] The tessellator generates a triangle-based tessellation of the patch according to tessellation parameters such as the TessFactor, which controls the degree of fineness of the mesh. The tessellation, along with shaders such as a Phong shader, allows for producing smoother surfaces than would be generated by the original mesh.[3] By offloading the tessellation process onto the GPU hardware, smoothing can be performed in real time. Tessellation can also be used for implementing subdivision surfaces, level of detail scaling and fine displacement mapping.[4] OpenGL uses a similar pipeline, where tessellation into triangles is controlled by the Tessellation Control Shader and a set of four tessellation parameters.[5]

(Source: Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessellation_%28computer_graphics%29)

<<<<<

Basically.. Traditionally, before DX11 w/ tesselation, game devs would create a texture (such as a wall or a truck tire, for example) this texture would look nice from a distance but the lower quality resolution of the texture would be obvious as you approached it. Objects would appear to be flat and round objects would display obvious pointed (not so-round-at-all) characteristics. This method of graphical presentation was practiced regularly as a trade-off for the games to still look great on game-consoles and low to mid-rance PCs without sacrificing visual quality where the gamer wil notice it most. With tesselation the game developer can spend less time coding pixels into an object and more time focusing on expanding their title and game-testing. Theoretically, this should result into speedier game development and/or higher visual quality development over the same amount of time as games developed pre-DX11). When approaching the tesselated version of that very same wall texture and/or truck tire you will notice the depth and high resolution of the object and, also, the perfectly round objects that would never have been this was in the past without tesselation. You will experience a form of Depth and Clarity within these gaming worlds that you have never before DX11. The jump from DX9 (X360) to DX11 is mind-blowing.. (Compare bodies of water, for example: Stormy Ocean with choppy waves)

With the implementation of tesselation, DirectX API has, for the most part, achieved the coveted Holy Grail status. Due to this, ATI has stated that "THERE WILL BE NO DIRECTX 12 - EVER!" That's an extremely bold statement to make once you take into account the fact that technology has been growing exponentially.

What this probably means is that there aren't any foreseen DX upgrades that would be worthy of its own new version, so, expect: DX11 refinements denoted with .1 .2 .2b, .2c etc. version extensions.

What to expect: Apparently, DX11 is virtually perfect in the eyes of the beholders. I feel this way as well..

I mean, seriously.. Go find a full1080p video of someone playing Battlefield 4 on ULTRA textures ALL GRAPHICS MAXED and tell me that ATI's logic is wrong. The texturing, the shading, the lighting, I'm talking photo-realism like nobody has ever been enveloped within before.. Seriously it's all there now..

THE ONLY HURDLE THAT WILL PREVENT DEVELOPERS FROM UTILIZING VASTLY LARGER ENVIRONMENTS CONTAINING MEGA-SUPER-ULTRA TEXTURED OBJECTS WITH OVER-THE-TOP DESTRUCTIVE ENVIRONMENTS WITH ITS OWN WEATHER PHYSICS SYSTEM WOULD BE >>> THE GENERAL STATE OF THE AVERAGE CONSUMERS AVAILABLE GAMING HARDWARE RESOURCES.

In closing, I am grateful & excited that Sony and M$ are competing for my hard-earned Moolah.. Competition generates incredible results and it is great for the economy..

(Example: The WWF/WWE brand seemed rather stale to me following Vince McMahon's acquisition of his major competitors.)

Anyhow, i'm finished yapping and hopefully a few of you enjoyed and/or even learned something from my post. I don't log onto this forum hardly ever but if you're not a douchebad who would enjoy expanding on the above stated or would, simply, enjoy logging a few multiplayer matches of whatever-you-so-desire then hit me up on PSN or XBL:

XBL: MJ FAME

PSN : MJ-FAME

Have a good one ;)

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

Nope DS4 is better. It is by far the best controller I've ever used. The fact the XBone still uses AA batteries disqualifies it.

The fact that you are a PS fanboy claiming its a better controller instead of saying you like the PS controller better than the Xbox One controller disqualifies your statement.

I like the Xbox One controller better than the DS4, but never claimed it to be better for everybody because everyone has different preferences. Typical Sony fanboy. By the way, PC gamers love to use Xbox controllers over Dualshocks, just saying.

The Xbox One controller can have rechargeable batteries. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/controllers/wireless-controller-and-play-and-charge-kit Please do some research before spouting crap out of your mouth.

MJFame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 MJFame
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

@I_can_haz: hey since i'm still here

the damn PS4 rechargeable pack lasts like 6hrs while voice chatting (to me, that is fair at best) keep a spare charge cable with a wall adapter on hand and sit near an electrical outlet as i have been doing lol

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

I purchased eneloops and am happy about it

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

Water is also wet.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#58 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

One drawback of the DS4 would be having to plug it in to recharge. You'd have to have a whole other controller charged and ready if you wanted to stay wireless. That's not the case with the X1... just sayin'

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

both on pc

Avatar image for masonshoemocker
masonshoemocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 masonshoemocker
Member since 2003 • 740 Posts

Rechargeable batteries, such as Eneloops, trump having to plug a wire in and staying close ala (PS4, PS3) when you need a recharge. I don't know what all the hate is with AA batteries. I'm pretty sure everybody here can spare for a pack of 4 to 8 rechargeable batteries which can be used over and over. It's more convenient and cheaper than getting an official play & charge pack.

Anyways, regardless of the improvements made over the DS3. The same horizontal alignment of the thumbsticks ruin it for me but that's just me. The D-Pad remains awesome on the Sony Controllers but that's the only nod I can give to the PS4.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#61 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@RR360DD said:

XBOunity marked this as the best answer

Of course it does. It seems now that the PS4 is in the wild and Sony don't have the control to spin their web of lies, people are realising just how garbage the system is.

Sub-standard controller once again.

Broken PSN.

Flop after flop after flop.

Rehashed IP announcements (Uncharted).

The effects of Sony having no money are in full force.

You are delusional if you think the Dualshock 4 is a bad controller. I haven't held the Xbox One controller yet but I can easily say the DS4 is much, much better than the 360 controller.

And I hated the Dualshock 3, and really liked the 360 controller. Everything about the PS4 controller is a massive design improvement.

Halosball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By Halosball
Member since 2013 • 103 Posts

The DualShock 4 controller is wayyy better then the xbone controller

Its already been covered many times why!

Here is a video which perfectly explains a lot of the reasons why DS4 >>> xbone controller

Loading Video...

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

@halosball:

Better for you. Fanboy. Personal preference is what matters the most, just like what the guy in the video you posted said. He never said that the DS4 was better for everybody, but only that he found it better for himself.

I like the Xbox One controller better than the DS4, but never claimed it to be better for everybody because everyone has different preferences. Just like what the guy in the video said when he preferred the DS4 to the Xbox One controller. You are a typical Sony fanboy.