XBOX 360 or PS3 ? For a RPG gamer...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Psyny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1 Psyny
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts

Hi!
I've been reading many comparitions between XBOX 360 and PS3 over the internet.
And by the comparitions, i'am with XBOX 360. By many issues, the main feature is the price of the console and games.
However, i'am splited by the same reason of many gamers. I'd love RPG games. And looking for the past generation ( XBOX and PS2 ), a PS would be better for me.
But, up until now, many good RPG titles was been confirmed/lauched for XBOX 360. Like Elder Scrolls, Blue Dragon, Fable 2 and others.
Another good reason to me go for XBOX, is that some games like Devil May Cry and Assassin Creed will be released for XBOX too.

Actually, the only thing that is binding me in PS3, are Final Fantasy games, and maybe some other good RPGs, that may come only to PS3...

I need opinions =)
Take X360 and have faith that more good RPG gamers will be lauched. Or take the expansive PS3, because of a past tradition?

Sorry my bad english, bye!

Ps.: I like JRPG much as i like other RPGs... But JRPG tends to not be so innovative as other rpgs... Look for FF for exemple, its almost the same for ages. Not a bad thing, just a boring thing...

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
The Xbox 360 is a safe bet, but the PS3 can either turn out to be a huge disappointment, or your new love. The choice is yours.
tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 tovarischs
Member since 2006 • 170 Posts

Both seem equally well poised to be good RPG gaming machines. So far, it looks like the 360 has a slight edge, but as with anything, that can change depending on what games remain exclusives and what games become multiplatform.

-John

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
360 this year, PS3 next year for FF13 and White Knight.
xBALOx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xBALOx
Member since 2005 • 1194 Posts
since xbox dont sell well on japan, expect that 90% of the RPGs will be for PS3.
Whiteknight19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Whiteknight19
Member since 2003 • 1303 Posts
yes lemmins dont know that things can change as from now and in the future
tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tovarischs
since xbox dont sell well on japan, expect that 90% of the RPS will be for PS3.xBALOx
You realize, of course, that Japan is not the only country that makes RPGs, yes? -John
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
JRPG's -or- WRPG's and JRPG's?
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
The 360 is getting games like BD, Trusty Bell, and Two Worlds. The PS3 is getting games like White Knight Story and FF13. I'd say 360, but the choice is yours and both are excellent.
xBALOx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xBALOx
Member since 2005 • 1194 Posts
[QUOTE="xBALOx"]since xbox dont sell well on japan, expect that 90% of the RPGs will be for PS3.tovarischs
You realize, of course, that Japan is not the only country that makes RPGs, yes? -John

true RPGs, yes. all WRPGs are just Action adventure games...
jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 jvonrader
Member since 2006 • 2183 Posts

Depends on the kind of RPGs you prefer.

If you're a hardcore fan of RPGs of all kinds, my best advice is to buy an Xbox 360 now - Oblivion's now multiplat, but you have Mass Effect here in a couple months, and Blue Dragon, Eternal Sonata and Lost Odyssey this year.

Next year, when stuff like White Knight and FF13 rolls around, buy a PS3.  Until next year, though, you're not likely to see any JRPGs on the PS3.  

tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tovarischs
The 360 is getting games like BD, Trusty Bell, and Two Worlds. The PS3 is getting games like White Knight Story and FF13. I'd say 360, but the choice is yours and both are excellent.fatzombiepigeon
Not to mention Mass Effect and Fable 2 (although I really could care less about the latter) for the 360. Again, though, either way you should have a decent amount of games to go with.
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
with all these new I.P.s coming out for the 360, I'm really excited to see a slew of new RPGs on the 360 more than the PS3. But I am still keeping my eye on the PS3 RPGs.
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
You buy both. Because White Knight Story looks great and Mass Effect is going to be godly.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
[QUOTE="tovarischs"][QUOTE="xBALOx"]since xbox dont sell well on japan, expect that 90% of the RPGs will be for PS3.xBALOx

Japan is the only country that makes True RPGs? I'm pretty sure a LOT of people are going to disagree with you man.
tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tovarischs
[QUOTE="tovarischs"][QUOTE="xBALOx"]since xbox dont sell well on japan, expect that 90% of the RPGs will be for PS3.xBALOx

NWN, Baldur's Gate, KOTOR, etc.... they're all Action Adventure games? Damn, I suppose I must've missed the intricacies of the phrase RPG - Role Playing Game. Thank you for correcting me. In the future, I hope that western RPG developers will strive to make their games more like the FF interactive movies - err, I mean games. -John
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

right now i say 360 i mean this year you get so many good rpgs just to name a few ,

mass effect

blue dragon both 2 are major 40 50 hour rpgs that have like a 90% chance of getting high scores fable 2 and aot more

ps3 so far all i see is final fantasy and maybe that white knight thing which i think may be stupid

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts
[QUOTE="xBALOx"] true RPGs, yes. all WRPGs are just Action adventure games...

Seeing as how WRPGs are typically truer to the 'role-playing' ideals, I believe it would make much more sense to say that JRPGs are simply action-adventure games.
Psyny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#19 Psyny
Member since 2005 • 53 Posts

Thx for all that replies =)

So, i think that i`ll take XBOX360 for now...

A PS3, here, in Brazil, is sold by around $1200.... And a XBOX 360 around $550... For now, a XBOX fits me well =)

And... I disagree that japan is the only one that create true rpgs... I like JRPGs because of the fantasy, story, creatures and such. But for the freedom of choice, WRPGs are a lot better than JRPGs. WRPGs and JRPGs are not rivel, since they are almost diferent generes...

jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 jvonrader
Member since 2006 • 2183 Posts

Let me educate you. "RPG" means "Role Playing Game" - a game that allows you to play a role or play a character. Games like Baldur's, NWN, KOTOR...these are games that let you play a role. You chose your character including class, look, talents, etc. You created that character. You choose what they do, how they behave and what they say. In most JRPGs, you're handed a pre-configured character and walk them through battles. Most of the time, these are turn-based. Whenever there is story to be hand, it cuts to CG cutscenes. You're not playing the character. You're basically just leveling up a character in a glorified strategy game.
tovarischs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 tovarischs

Thx for all that replies =)

So, i think that i`ll take XBOX360 for now...

A PS3, here, in Brazil, is sold by around $1200.... And a XBOX 360 around $550... For now, a XBOX fits me well =)

And... I disagree that japan is the only one that create true rpgs... I like JRPGs because of the fantasy, story, creatures and such. But for the freedom of choice, WRPGs are a lot better than JRPGs. WRPGs and JRPGs are not rivel, since they are almost diferent generes...

Psyny

Well said. They appeal to vastly different audiences, even though there may be some overlap. And don't worry about your english, it's quite comprehensible, which is a step above some of the native english speakers on this board ;) I'd keep an eye on the PS3 for the future, but for now, I think you made the right choice.

-John 

beldugo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 beldugo
Member since 2003 • 2374 Posts
if i were you id buy a 360 man. blue dragon will be a trilogy and lost odesey will be great. + fable, mass effect, bioshock and more incomign stuff. it will be GREAT all capital. like you the only thing binding me to getting a ps3 in 2009 is final fantasy but with games like the ones i just mentioned are coming out now your best bet is to go 360.
hikari33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hikari33
Member since 2005 • 753 Posts
Final Fantasy 13 looks amazing but who knows that game might go multiplat so id say just wait
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
[QUOTE="xBALOx"][QUOTE="tovarischs"][QUOTE="xBALOx"]since xbox dont sell well on japan, expect that 90% of the RPGs will be for PS3.jvonrader

Let me educate you. "RPG" means "Role Playing Game" - a game that allows you to play a role or play a character. Games like Baldur's, NWN, KOTOR...these are games that let you play a role. You chose your character including class, look, talents, etc. You created that character. You choose what they do, how they behave and what they say. In most JRPGs, you're handed a pre-configured character and walk them through battles. Most of the time, these are turn-based. Whenever there is story to be hand, it cuts to CG cutscenes. You're not playing the character. You're basically just leveling up a character in a glorified strategy game.

your words are falling on deaf ears. those who believe jrpgs are the only rpgs(lol) will always think that.
ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

During the approximately 14-15 hours I've been awake, that is by far, the most idiotic statement I've ever read.

Seriousl mate, what was going through your mind when you wrote that?