Xbox 360 LOSES another Exclusive. Deadlight coming to PC VERY SOON!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10526 posts) -

2D survival/platformer horror-show Deadlight is coming to PC via Steam on 25th October, developer Tequila Works has announced.

The game was previously an XBLA exclusive as part of Microsoft's Summer of Arcade line-up.

The game takes place in an post-apocalyptic 1986 along the US Pacific Coast. The PC version will feature "improved graphics, a new nightmare mode(**) and the full OST."

** A common theme among Xbox 360 to PC ports. Make the PC versions of the games harder....for the PC audicence. I wonder why? Ummmm.....

Maybe Xbox is too casual?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-10-05-deadlight-heading-to-steam-later-this-month

#2 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

Again!?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

#3 Posted by funsohng (27456 posts) -
The only Live exclusive game I want is Shadow Complex
#4 Posted by Chutebox (36230 posts) -

Big whoop.

#5 Posted by PressXtoJump (1493 posts) -
i dont think anyone cares, i dont think anyone wants any 360 exclusives tbh not a whole bunch of them anyways
#6 Posted by Lems_R_Tools (255 posts) -

:lol: lems are loosing exclusives left and right!!

#7 Posted by slimjimbadboy (1729 posts) -

I've never heard of it, it must suck.

#8 Posted by BPoole96 (22769 posts) -
Inb4 cow circle jerk over a game that they still can't play. This one did look interesting but I have heard mixed opinions about it. I'll probably buy it when it's on sale. Mark of the Ninja and Trials Evo are must buys though
#9 Posted by SolidTy (41603 posts) -

Deadlight (6.5 GS review, Low Metascore at 69/100) ended up being a big letdown anyways. :( I wanted Deadlight too, it looked so cool from the previews.

Hopefully the PC version of Deadlight gets some changes that polishes up the problems. Timed Exclusive XBLA games are nothing new.

#10 Posted by Chris_Williams (14868 posts) -
Inb4 cow circle jerk over a game that they still can't play. This one did look interesting but I have heard mixed opinions about it. I'll probably buy it when it's on sale. Mark of the Ninja and Trials Evo are must buys thoughBPoole96
inb4? we're already here homie
#11 Posted by the_bi99man (11028 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]Inb4 cow circle jerk over a game that they still can't play. This one did look interesting but I have heard mixed opinions about it. I'll probably buy it when it's on sale. Mark of the Ninja and Trials Evo are must buys thoughChris_Williams

:lol:

#12 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]Inb4 cow circle jerk over a game that they still can't play. This one did look interesting but I have heard mixed opinions about it. I'll probably buy it when it's on sale. Mark of the Ninja and Trials Evo are must buys thoughChris_Williams

Randomactsofkindnesshighfive.gif

#13 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8689 posts) -
I love how XBLA games all of a sudden count once they're no longer exclusive.
#14 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -
It looked lame tbh.
#15 Posted by rjdofu (9167 posts) -
It's teh DOOMZ! LOL
#16 Posted by immortality20 (7955 posts) -

Oh how dare they put their game on another platform to get more money, the horror of it all!

At least games on XBLA are allowed to keep their own IPs, PSN isn't that nice about it.

#17 Posted by PannicAtack (20864 posts) -
Never heard of it. Now, get Shadow Complex on Steam and I'll be all over that.
#18 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

Lems and hermits win.

Cows and sheep am cry.

#19 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

Lems and hermits win.

Cows and sheep am cry.

Ly_the_Fairy

Because you need a high end PC to play that game, right??

#20 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -
SDC
#21 Posted by rjdofu (9167 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Lems and hermits win.

Cows and sheep am cry.

GreenGoblin2099

Shhhh, apparently no one owns a PC beside hermits, that's how SW goes.
#22 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

Not sure how Microsoft securing timed exclusivity is a bad thing. Or surprising.

#23 Posted by Devil-Itachi (4359 posts) -
Doesn't really matter much if the 360 loses a exclusive to the PC, unless this can be played on a non-windows OS and it very well could be but it so often is not the case. Though guess for the metagame it does matter. So 360 is a joke losing its one stronghold of xbla exclusives to the pc.
#24 Posted by glez13 (8501 posts) -

I was expecting that game. The return of the cinematic platformer genre. But in the end it was a blast from the past without the blast.

#25 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Lems and hermits win.

Cows and sheep am cry.

GreenGoblin2099

I never mentioned anything about high-end PCs.

#26 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

I finished that game. I thought it was very good, especially for the price, but it isn't a very long or especially challenging game. Somewhere between 8 and 9 out of ten.

More choice is good, good day for herms.

#27 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

[QUOTE="GreenGoblin2099"]

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Lems and hermits win.

Cows and sheep am cry.

Ly_the_Fairy

Well, I don't see the point of the "am cry" part when everybody has access to this game.

#28 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

GreenGoblin2099

Well, I don't see the point of the "am cry" part when everybody has access to this game.

As you can see I specified each particular fanboy group; not people who game on multiple systems.

#29 Posted by WreckEm711 (6922 posts) -
A 360 losing an exclusive to the PC is like the PS3 losing one to Vita or Nintendo to 3DS.. No one really GAF lol
#30 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

xbox 360 doesn't lose exclusives... it gives them away.

there is a big difference.

#31 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Ly_the_Fairy

As you can see I specified each particular fanboy group; not people who game on multiple systems.

Still se no point to that. I rarely play Pc, but if I wanted to play this game, I would certaintly have no problems to do it.

#32 Posted by platniumgamer (4087 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

GreenGoblin2099

Still se no point to that. I rarely play Pc, but if I wanted to play this game, I would certaintly have no problems to do it.

your PC can't handle this 2D platformer.

#33 Posted by GreenGoblin2099 (16988 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

platniumgamer

your PC can't handle this 2D platformer.

My 7 y.o PC can handle even Halol 4.

#34 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

Yeah dawg!

Cows were circle-jerking for a good two posts before you showed up!

Tell 'em Chris!

#35 Posted by cloudff7tm (3975 posts) -

1. 360 gets good arcade game

2. C

ows brush it off saying its only XBLA and it doesn't count, then they proceed to laugh about how 360 has no exclusives.

3. Said game announced to be coming to PC/PS3. Cows celebrate and say 360 loses another exclusive.

4. Lems now should feel bad about losing all of these exclusives, exclusives that the 360 supposedly never had in the first place.

5. Process Repeats

6. I lol

#36 Posted by EYE-OF-HORUS999 (462 posts) -

When will people get this through their thick heads... MS does not view PC gaming as competition.

Thus Xbox exclusives being on PC.

#37 Posted by ionusX (25712 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

Lems and hermits win.

Cows and sheep am cry.

GreenGoblin2099

i smell fermenting preserves

#38 Posted by clone01 (24189 posts) -

I've never heard of it, it must suck.

slimjimbadboy
Its actually pretty cool. I thought GS scored it low.
#39 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8652 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

GreenGoblin2099

I am pretty shocked at the thought that someone who owns a PC could potentially play PC games on it if they wanted to.

#40 Posted by freedomfreak (38306 posts) -
Nice!
#41 Posted by delta3074 (17619 posts) -
I love how XBLA games all of a sudden count once they're no longer exclusive. Xaero_Gravity
#42 Posted by sts106mat (18799 posts) -
[QUOTE="Xaero_Gravity"]I love how XBLA games all of a sudden count once they're no longer exclusive. delta3074

funny that.
#43 Posted by getyeryayasout (6922 posts) -
Fun little game, way short though. It took me about 3 hours to 100%. I love modern 2D games of this ilk, but wait until it's $10.
#44 Posted by tenaka2 (17012 posts) -

seems to happen every other day at the moment.

#45 Posted by Arach666 (23015 posts) -
Good stuff I guess,way more interested in the Trials games and Mark of the Ninja than this one though.
#46 Posted by JohnnyCageMK (4340 posts) -
Good stuff I guess,way more interested in the Trials games and Mark of the Ninja than this one though.Arach666
Trials Evolution is amazing. I got it the day it came out and still play it alot. Still need to get Mark of the Ninja.
#47 Posted by Arach666 (23015 posts) -
[QUOTE="Arach666"]Good stuff I guess,way more interested in the Trials games and Mark of the Ninja than this one though.JohnnyCageMK
Trials Evolution is amazing. I got it the day it came out and still play it alot. Still need to get Mark of the Ninja.

Yeah,it looks pretty good,last Trials game I played was Trials 2 Second Edition and I really liked it.
#48 Posted by sts106mat (18799 posts) -
[QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"][QUOTE="Arach666"]Good stuff I guess,way more interested in the Trials games and Mark of the Ninja than this one though.Arach666

Yeah,it looks pretty good,last Trials game I played was Trials 2 Second Edition and I really liked it.

evo is awesome, but i am struggling to get back into it, the difficult medium tracks are a pain.
#49 Posted by Arach666 (23015 posts) -
[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Arach666"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"] Trials Evolution is amazing. I got it the day it came out and still play it alot. Still need to get Mark of the Ninja.

evo is awesome, but i am struggling to get back into it, the difficult medium tracks are a pain.

Oh yeah,I´ve seen some videos of a few of the later tracks and some of them look really hard,Brad(from GB) was going insane with some of them,barely managing to even get to the first checkpoint on a couple of them lol.
#50 Posted by sts106mat (18799 posts) -
[QUOTE="Arach666"][QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="Arach666"] Yeah,it looks pretty good,last Trials game I played was Trials 2 Second Edition and I really liked it.

Oh yeah,I´ve seen some videos of a few of the later tracks and some of them look really hard,Brad(from GB) was going insane with some of them,barely managing to even get to the first checkpoint on a couple of them lol.

my problem is that i tend to press restart after every singe mess up, "get it right first time or not at all" sort of attitude, it is the wrong plan with this game though. its a great time sink though, you can say "i'll just have 15 minutes of trials" 2 hours later.....you are still playing. i haven't even started the MP or track editor, there is a huge amount of content there.