Xbox 360 Elite or PS3 Slim???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cpalpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cpalpa
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Hey guys, new to the forums, so if this is in the wrong area, sorry. Anyways, I'm a female gamer, I love video games, but I only have the Nintendo Wii and some portables like the PSP and DS. I am looking to getting either a Xbox 360 Elite or PS3 Slim. I really can't decide. I love all the exclusives for both systems, the user interfaces are awesome, and I like to play online. I'm not a huge online gamer though, its just a thing I'd like to do. Play against friends/family online. I'd like to know which of the two you would recommend and why. Basically, all I know about both systems is what is on their official sites. I'd like to know more about Xbox Live and PSN as well. Also would like to know the future for both systems, upcoming exclusives and such. I have heard about Project Natal and I think its called the Sphere for the PS3 also the 3D gaming. I'd like to know more about those too. Thanks!
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
PS3 if you do not intend to play a lot online
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#3 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

well I'd say PS3 since you don't play online much so why should you pay for Online when you are not going to play it.

But then again you really don't HAVE to pay for online and you can always play offline.

but I think the PS3 is for you because of one thing and one thing only.

Little Big Planet.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

If you are legitimately looking for answers from SW your going to get some drastically different responses.

All I can say is put together a list of games that interests you on both consoles and pick the one that has the most.

Keep in mind the fee forXBLG, possible perifialsand if you want a blu-ray player.

boredy-Mcbored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 boredy-Mcbored
Member since 2007 • 1566 Posts

If you have a good gaming Pc: Ps3

If not: 360

That's why I want what I want at least.

cpalpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cpalpa
thanks for the responses. i read that a PSN paid subscription was going to be released, and its suppose to be really good, but its going to be are $60 a year as well.
RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

Hey guys, new to the forums, so if this is in the wrong area, sorry. Anyways, I'm a female gamer, I love video games, but I only have the Nintendo Wii and some portables like the PSP and DS. I am looking to getting either a Xbox 360 Elite or PS3 Slim. I really can't decide. I love all the exclusives for both systems, the user interfaces are awesome, and I like to play online. I'm not a huge online gamer though, its just a thing I'd like to do. Play against friends/family online. I'd like to know which of the two you would recommend and why. Basically, all I know about both systems is what is on their official sites. I'd like to know more about Xbox Live and PSN as well. Also would like to know the future for both systems, upcoming exclusives and such. I have heard about Project Natal and I think its called the Sphere for the PS3 also the 3D gaming. I'd like to know more about those too. Thanks!cpalpa

Here are some questions you should ask yourself

Do you have friends or family that have a paticular console? If yes I get the one they have.

Are you willing to pay $40-50 a year for Xbox Live? Although you can get Xbox Live Silver which is free but you won't be able to play online. PSN is free.

Which one has thegames you want to play more? I know you said you like both but which one has more.

Natal could end up being cool, especially if you like the Wii, although it is to early to tell if it will work good. The PS3 motion control is very similar to the Wii mote, and 3d gaming I don't see taking off anytime soon, just my opinion though.

PhilipV94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PhilipV94
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts

If you have a decent gaming PC, get a PS3, if you don't and don't want to play online, then get a PS3 anyway. If you want to play online, get a decent gaming PC. If you can't afford one/dont like PC gaming and want to go online, get a 360.

cpalpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cpalpa

[QUOTE="cpalpa"]Hey guys, new to the forums, so if this is in the wrong area, sorry. Anyways, I'm a female gamer, I love video games, but I only have the Nintendo Wii and some portables like the PSP and DS. I am looking to getting either a Xbox 360 Elite or PS3 Slim. I really can't decide. I love all the exclusives for both systems, the user interfaces are awesome, and I like to play online. I'm not a huge online gamer though, its just a thing I'd like to do. Play against friends/family online. I'd like to know which of the two you would recommend and why. Basically, all I know about both systems is what is on their official sites. I'd like to know more about Xbox Live and PSN as well. Also would like to know the future for both systems, upcoming exclusives and such. I have heard about Project Natal and I think its called the Sphere for the PS3 also the 3D gaming. I'd like to know more about those too. Thanks!RAGINGxPONY

Here are some questions you should ask yourself

Do you have friends or family that have a paticular console? If yes I get the one they have.

Are you willing to pay $40-50 a year for Xbox Live? Although you can get Xbox Live Silver which is free but you won't be able to play online. PSN is free.

Which one has thegames you want to play more? I know you said you like both but which one has more.

Natal could end up being cool, especially if you like the Wii, although it is to early to tell if it will work good. The PS3 motion control is very similar to the Wii mote, and 3d gaming I don't see taking off anytime soon, just my opinion though.

Thanks. I have friends and family who have one or the other so I can't choose based on that. Its true that Xbox Live is $50 a year, that sucks, but I heard its a lot better than PSN. Can anyone give an in-depth comparison between the two? I don't know much about either, except that Xbox Live gets a lot of much better reviews and such. I am going to make a list right now, thanks!
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Thanks. I have friends and family who have one or the other so I can't choose based on that. Its true that Xbox Live is $50 a year, that sucks, but I heard its a lot better than PSN. Can anyone give an in-depth comparison between the two? I don't know much about either, except that Xbox Live gets a lot of much better reviews and such. I am going to make a list right now, thanks!cpalpa

TechnoBuffalo says it better than me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyq5yu3_dGQ

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RAGINGxPONY

[QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

cpalpa

Thanks. I have friends and family who have one or the other so I can't choose based on that. Its true that Xbox Live is $50 a year, that sucks, but I heard its a lot better than PSN. Can anyone give an in-depth comparison between the two? I don't know much about either, except that Xbox Live gets a lot of much better reviews and such. I am going to make a list right now, thanks!

Really the only thing Xbox Live actually has that PSN doesn't is the Party chat feature which is where you and up to 7 friends can all go in to a private chat and talk to each other no matter what you are doing, even if you are playing different games.

ButI find everything on Xbox Live is just alot easier and quicker. But PSN still gets the job done.

cpalpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cpalpa
party chat feature is also known as cross game chat? isn't that suppose to be released on PSN soon?
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

I think PSN paid service isn't mandatory. I sure hope not because I highly doubt it will be as good as live anyway. People say having a good gaming PC means you own a 360, but you will be missing out on some of the best 360 games, such as Halo 3, Gears of War 2 & Lost Odyssey, as well as the better versions of multiplats for the most part. Shooters are definitely the 360s strong point over the PS3, while the PS3 has a number of great exlusives in different genres. If you aren't interested in Halo, Gears 2 & Lost Odyssey (The only non PC/360 exclusives that I can think of that I like. I know there are plenty more, not sure if I like them though), then having a gaming PC & a PS3 is the way to go. I'm a Halo & Gears tragic though, so I could never not own a 360, & Lost Odyssey is one of my favourite RPGs ever.

If you don't own a gaming PC, I'd choose the 360 any day, but only because nothing the PS3 has can compare to Halo 3 & Gears 2 in terms of what I enjoy, but many have different tastes. PS3 has MGS4 which I'm told has one of the greatest stories ever written, though you'll need to find out in detail about the past 3 games. Demon's Souls, which is an amazing, challenging, dark RPG, with nothing quite like it at the moment & was Gamespots 2009 GotY. Uncharted 2, which is a TPS/Adventure hybrid, which was regarded by many as 2009 GotY. God of War III is an upcoming action game. The last 2 on the PS2 were insane, but if it isn't a selling point for you, & you are on the edge between the 360 & PS3, Dante's Inferno is a multiplat that is very similar. There is also Final Fantasy Versus XIII & The Last Guardian, both look insane, but we know very little about them, the former being an action RPG, the latter an adventure/platformer(I think?).

The 360 has Halo. I love Halo like it was my firstborn. The Singleplayer is solid & fun, especially with Co-op, but the multiplayer is unmatched in terms of longevity. You may enjoy MW2 as much, if not more for a few weeks, but Halo 3 never gets old. Gears of War 2 has an awesome campaign, but the multiplayer has matchmaking issues & many laggy matches. Fortunately there is Horde mode, which you can play with up to 4 people & hold out against waves of enemies, or vs bots in local multiplayer. I'm getting tired of typing, so I'll shorten this a bit. Lost Odyssey which is a lengthy, memorable jRPG, exclusive the the 360. Mass Effect, a Microsoft exclusive, is one of the greatest WRPGs I've ever played, blending both third person shooter with a deep story that you can change with choices through dialogue & amazing characters with awesome development & tactic battles. Mass Effect 2 is about to be released also.

360 also has Dead Rising, a zombie game in the mall, Left 4 Dead, an awesome, multiplayer based zombie FPS, the Fable series, a popular action RPG game where you can mold your character & wears highly customizble armour, & you can buy houses, rent them, tons of weapons etc etc, though I didn't enjoy the second that much. And for the most part, the multiplats are better on the 360, as it is easier to develop for, with the rare game every now & then looking better on the PS3, such as Dragon Age: Origins. But really, you should get DA:O on the PC.

I hope this wall of text can help you a little in your decision. It is definitely not a list of the only good games on each console. My recommendation. Xbox 360. If no love for Halo & Gears 2. Xbox 360. If no love for Halo & Gears 2, but you own a gaming PC. PS3 & Gaming PC.

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 RAGINGxPONY

party chat feature is also known as cross game chat? isn't that suppose to be released on PSN soon?cpalpa

It is suppose to be, although it is unclear whether or not you will have to payfor thepreminun PSN to get it.

cpalpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cpalpa
Thanks Twin-Blade. I love Halo it was one of the first FPS I played and enjoyed A LOT, but it was with family and friends. I usually am not super into shooters unless playing with family and/or friends. I do enjoy them though. What are some good FPS for PS3?
Twin-Blade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Twin-Blade
Member since 2005 • 6806 Posts

Thanks Twin-Blade. I love Halo it was one of the first FPS I played and enjoyed A LOT, but it was with family and friends. I usually am not super into shooters unless playing with family and/or friends. I do enjoy them though. What are some good FPS for PS3?cpalpa

Killzone 2 is the only exclusive I can think of. I don't hear much about it anymore, but then again I don't go looking for anything on it. The graphics look good & I think it won an award from 2009 multiplayer though, but I've heard complaints about the controls & 'feel'. I really wouldn't know. Then there are the multiplats such as Bioshock & Fallout 3, both aren't dedicated shooters though, Fallout being an RPG first, shooter second I feel, as most the shooting is done through pause, decide where you want to shoot & hope the percentages are high enough to hit, while Bioshock, an awesome game, is pretty clumsy when it comes to the shooting, but adds in some RPG elements, & an awesome atmosphere.

Edit: Oh, I should add, from my experience with the PS3 & 360 controllers, the 360 controller seems far more suited for shooters then the PS3s. With that said, games like Devil May Cry feel more suited for the PS3 controller.

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RAGINGxPONY

Thanks Twin-Blade. I love Halo it was one of the first FPS I played and enjoyed A LOT, but it was with family and friends. I usually am not super into shooters unless playing with family and/or friends. I do enjoy them though. What are some good FPS for PS3?cpalpa

Killzone 2 and Resistance 1 and 2 are the only exclusives FPS for it that I can think of.

But it still has the Multiplats like Call of Duty, and Battlefield.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

I own both the 360 and PS3, and i'm nearing my one year anniversary for PS3, and i've just passed my 360's one year anniversary.

At the end, my collection now stands

6 360 games

48 PS3 games

Xbox Live i think has a better feeling of community. with near daily video updates from various sites and Xbox Live service. Also the fact that there are cross-game chat, parties, messaging and communication are better on Xbox Live.

PS3 copies it a bit, but not nearly as well. PS3's XMB interface is definently more of the entertainment hub. You can still team up with friends on games with relative ease. but the sense community is not as strong over PSN.

One of the reason the PS3 has come ahead for me, is i can hook up my external hard drive to it, and it will play most video files for no problem. So if i get tired of playing a game, i can swtich out to my external and play an episode of House.

PS3 is a bit more of a single-players console at the moment. However there are a ton of great titles available on it.

Some of these are not exclusive, and i'll be honost if i think the game plays superior on the 360 (even if i overall prefer PS3).

PS3 Game Recommendations.

Prince of Persia (not exclusive, plays the same)

Little Big Planet (exclusive, co-op singleplayer and mulitplayer)

Katamari Forever (This one is exclusive, there is one available on 360).

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (Exclusive)

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Exclusive, co-op multiplayer)

Resistance : Fall of Man (Exclusive)

Resistance 2 (Exclusive, co-op mulitplayer)

Killzone 2 (Exclusive)

inFamous (Exclusive)

Assassin's Creed 2 (not exclusive, plays the same)

Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition (Not exclusive, vastly more stable on 360)

Bioshock (not exclusive, plays the same)

Batman Arkham Asylum (not exclusive, plays the same as far as i can see)

Heavenly Sword (Exclusive)

Battlefield : Bad Company (not exclusive, plays the same)

Call of Duty 4 : Modern Warfare (not exclusive, plays the same)

Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 (not exclusive, plays the same, co-op missions)

Metal Gear Solid 4 : Guns of the Patriots (exclusive)

Ratchet and Clank : Tools of Destruction (exclusive)

Ratchet and Clank : A Crack in Time (exclusive)

Resident Evil 5 (not exclusive, plays the same, has co-op campaign)

Wipeout HD (exclusive, PSN game but it is virtually a full-fledged game)

Dead Space (not exclusive, plays the same)

Mirror's Edge (not exclusive, gets points for trying to be original.)

Valkyria Chronicles (exclusive)

Eternal Sonata (not exclusive, plays the same)

Demon's Souls (exclusive, note : extremely difficult game, play it for the challenge)

God of War Collection (exclusive, God of War 1 and 2 remasterd for PS3)

Upcoming games available on PS3:

God of War III (exclusive)

Gran Turismo 5 (exclusive)

ModNation Racers (exclusive, if you like Mario Kart and customization you'll like this.)

The Last Guardian (exclusive)

Heavy Rain : The Origami Killer(exclusive)

Final Fantasy XIII (not exclusive, most likely will play better on PS3 i'd be mildly surprised if it was not)

Battlefield : Bad Company 2 (not exclusive)

Bioshock 2 (not exclusive)

Dante's Inferno (not exclusive)

Castlevania : Lord of Shadow (not exclusive)

Project Needlemouse (new Sonic game, not exclusive)

Agent (no trailer, exclusive)

Final Fantasy Versus XIII (exclusive)

Metal Gear Solid : Rising (not exclusive, no real trailer for it)

Batman Arkham Asylum 2 (not exclusive)

Medal of Honor (not exclusive)

That doesn't mean that there are no great 360 games, of the stand out ones i'll only list the exclusives.

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation

Gears of War (available on PC)

Gears of War 2

Halo 3

Halo : ODST

Forza Motorsport 3 (love the music on this trailer)

Mass Effect (available on PC)

Mass Effect 2 (also on PC)

Crackdown

Fable 2

Left 4 Dead (also on PC, co-op)

Left 4 Dead 2 (also on PC, co-op)

Upcoming 360 console exclusive games:

Crackdown 2 (funny trailer)

Alan Wake (may end up on PC still.. not sure at the moment)

Halo : Reach

Metro 2033 ( will be available on PC)

Splinter Cell : Conviction (will be available on PC)

Fable 3 (no trailer yet)

So it really depends on what suits your tastes. but there are still lots of great games that are exclusive to each system. personally whatever games i want on 360, i can get on PC, and get all the mulitplatform games on PS3 (as i don't want to 'fight' with my computer on each game, and jsut use it on a system where it will run.)

Hope that helps, and enjoy the trailers.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

elite 360 on amazon has 2 games with it plus you get a 50 dollar gift card.

i had both 360 and ps3 and my ps3 died a few months ago. i dont miss my ps3 one bit. i dont think i could go without a 360 though. it just seems like a better games system thats full of life. with its xmb, pary chatt, cross game chatt, better arcade games and every single one has a try before you buy trail.almost every game`s online has players still playing. on ps3 its harder to find online playersfor older games.

only reason ill buy another ps3 is because i miss the blu ray player. so since i like games alot, i thinks its better to buy a ps3 instead of a 150 stand alone blu ray player.

also. sonys motion controlor is just like the wiis. natal will be nothing like it. your gonna have to move when you use natal. on wii and ps3 you can just sit there and wave the controller up, down, sideways, backwards, forwards. taking the fun out of it imo

Domobomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Domobomb
Member since 2004 • 1914 Posts

Overall, the PS3 is the better system for the $$.

kuvze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#21 kuvze
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts

Hey guys, new to the forums, so if this is in the wrong area, sorry. Anyways, I'm a female gamer, I love video games, but I only have the Nintendo Wii and some portables like the PSP and DS. I am looking to getting either a Xbox 360 Elite or PS3 Slim. I really can't decide. I love all the exclusives for both systems, the user interfaces are awesome, and I like to play online. I'm not a huge online gamer though, its just a thing I'd like to do. Play against friends/family online. I'd like to know which of the two you would recommend and why. Basically, all I know about both systems is what is on their official sites. I'd like to know more about Xbox Live and PSN as well. Also would like to know the future for both systems, upcoming exclusives and such. I have heard about Project Natal and I think its called the Sphere for the PS3 also the 3D gaming. I'd like to know more about those too. Thanks!cpalpa
looking for upcomin exclusives,lookin for the games at present,looking for superb online gaming,the answer is only xbox 360,project natal will be freakin awesome..so keep in mind plus get a 250gb elite so hastle free install and play and for a start get mass effect 2..ps3 is not bad but just dont match up to the standards..i have both consoles and this is my honest opinion keepin pure gamin in mind..

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
I personally think a PS3 would suit your best, but thats my opinions. I mean have you made a list of reasons why each would benefit you. Features. Games. Etc. See which list is stronger. What do you want to play? Do you want more than just a game console. Is Bluray in anyway of value? How much does online gaming concern you? Do you like particular genres? Etc.
anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts

Build a gaming PC.

thirdykal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thirdykal
Member since 2009 • 302 Posts

Which controller do you like better. The two share a ton of multiplats, so if you can't decide based on the exclusives, that's how I decided. (I chose the 360, i LOVE that controller, it just seems more natural to me, whereas the dualshock makes you change your thumb position to bend to it's will :p). You really can't go wrong, but if you're in the market for a Blu-Ray player as well, then your decision is already made for you.

Trixstar99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Trixstar99
Member since 2008 • 455 Posts

ps3 .. More variety genres of exlusive games and controller is not bad at all so dont decision about that .. Look at the games

qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
ps3 is a safer bet. xbl could hurt your feelings
kolkov01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kolkov01
Member since 2009 • 2350 Posts
i'd say 360, it has almost double the amount of games the PS3 has
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#28 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

I would say the Elite. It has more exclusives, alot more multiplats, better graphics/performance in most games, awesome online and a very good controller.

jeeb1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jeeb1
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

I think PSN paid service isn't mandatory. I sure hope not because I highly doubt it will be as good as live anyway. People say having a good gaming PC means you own a 360, but you will be missing out on some of the best 360 games, such as Halo 3, Gears of War 2 & Lost Odyssey, as well as the better versions of multiplats for the most part. Shooters are definitely the 360s strong point over the PS3, while the PS3 has a number of great exlusives in different genres. If you aren't interested in Halo, Gears 2 & Lost Odyssey (The only non PC/360 exclusives that I can think of that I like. I know there are plenty more, not sure if I like them though), then having a gaming PC & a PS3 is the way to go. I'm a Halo & Gears tragic though, so I could never not own a 360, & Lost Odyssey is one of my favourite RPGs ever.

If you don't own a gaming PC, I'd choose the 360 any day, but only because nothing the PS3 has can compare to Halo 3 & Gears 2 in terms of what I enjoy, but many have different tastes. PS3 has MGS4 which I'm told has one of the greatest stories ever written, though you'll need to find out in detail about the past 3 games. Demon's Souls, which is an amazing, challenging, dark RPG, with nothing quite like it at the moment & was Gamespots 2009 GotY. Uncharted 2, which is a TPS/Adventure hybrid, which was regarded by many as 2009 GotY. God of War III is an upcoming action game. The last 2 on the PS2 were insane, but if it isn't a selling point for you, & you are on the edge between the 360 & PS3, Dante's Inferno is a multiplat that is very similar. There is also Final Fantasy Versus XIII & The Last Guardian, both look insane, but we know very little about them, the former being an action RPG, the latter an adventure/platformer(I think?).

The 360 has Halo. I love Halo like it was my firstborn. The Singleplayer is solid & fun, especially with Co-op, but the multiplayer is unmatched in terms of longevity. You may enjoy MW2 as much, if not more for a few weeks, but Halo 3 never gets old. Gears of War 2 has an awesome campaign, but the multiplayer has matchmaking issues & many laggy matches. Fortunately there is Horde mode, which you can play with up to 4 people & hold out against waves of enemies, or vs bots in local multiplayer. I'm getting tired of typing, so I'll shorten this a bit. Lost Odyssey which is a lengthy, memorable jRPG, exclusive the the 360. Mass Effect, a Microsoft exclusive, is one of the greatest WRPGs I've ever played, blending both third person shooter with a deep story that you can change with choices through dialogue & amazing characters with awesome development & tactic battles. Mass Effect 2 is about to be released also.

360 also has Dead Rising, a zombie game in the mall, Left 4 Dead, an awesome, multiplayer based zombie FPS, the Fable series, a popular action RPG game where you can mold your character & wears highly customizble armour, & you can buy houses, rent them, tons of weapons etc etc, though I didn't enjoy the second that much. And for the most part, the multiplats are better on the 360, as it is easier to develop for, with the rare game every now & then looking better on the PS3, such as Dragon Age: Origins. But really, you should get DA:O on the PC.

I hope this wall of text can help you a little in your decision. It is definitely not a list of the only good games on each console. My recommendation. Xbox 360. If no love for Halo & Gears 2. Xbox 360. If no love for Halo & Gears 2, but you own a gaming PC. PS3 & Gaming PC.

Twin-Blade

please could you repeat his hahaha

Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
PS3. If you're going to pay the same price you might as well as get the one that come with a free blu-ray player.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#31 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Xbox 360 has the superior online. And it's debatable, but the PS3 has better exclusives IMO like Uncharted 2 and Little Big Planet. However, the 360's line up for 2010 is better than the PS3's with games like Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake, and Splinter Cell: Conviction. It's a tough choice. It really is. I'm almost leaning towards 360 even though I've been a PS3 owner for a long time, but whatever you do, don't bring this to the Playstation 3 or Xbox 360 boards. Those places have as many fanboys as System Wars but they're all dedicated to one system. You will never get a non-biased answer from there. I'd say 360, but remember that online is $50 where it's free on the PS3, and the PS3 probably does have better exclusives, but that's all an opinion.

pstripl3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pstripl3
Member since 2007 • 795 Posts
ps3 you'll love Little Big Planet.
cpalpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 cpalpa
The PS3 I noticed is a lot cheaper, for the Xbox I would need the Play n Charge Kit and a Wireless adapter. I don't really need anything with the PS3 which is awesome. Project Natal I don't think I would really get into, it'd be fun though. Same for the Sphere controller. Right now I'm leaning towards the PS3, because of the exclusive games and total value. But what about hardware and software issues? Are there any major ones I should worry about with both systems?
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Get both.... that's all I can say.
cpalpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cpalpa
Get both.... that's all I can say.Dogswithguns
I will eventually have both, just don't have the money at the moment to own both now.
ThisIsTheEnd21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ThisIsTheEnd21
Get a Ps3 not only do you get to play games on ur ps3 but you get a blu ray player for free.and of course free online If you get a ps3 please get uncharted 2 .
Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Eggimannd
Member since 2009 • 1734 Posts

To be honest this is probably the worst place to ask that question. You should check both lists of games and see which one appeals to you the most. That would be the best way to decide.