Xbox 360 at 76M; Kinect Sold 24M Units.

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

Gaf link

Source

Even though it is seven years old, Microsofts Xbox 360 still sells millions per year.

The Xbox installed base is now 76 million, up from 70 million at the end of September of last year, said Yusuf Mehdi, who leads Microsofts interactive entertainment business, speaking at D: Dive Into Media this afternoon.

Its important to Mehdi and company that Xbox isnt just perceived as a hard-core gaming device. He offered some usage numbers to combat that assumption: 38 percent of Xbox users are women, and more than 51 percent are people who have kids.

U.S. Xbox account holders use the devices for 87 hours per month. As of last March, non-game usage fitness, entertainment content from partners like HBO and Netflix, etc. started outpacing game usage on a yearly basis. There was 57 percent year-over-year growth in entertainment usage.

Microsoft also sent over some more stats: 24 million Kinects have been sold, up from 20 million last year, and there are 46 million Xbox Live accounts, up from 40 million.

1/3 of owners have kinect..lol

Durango rumours must be true :P

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Those are great numbers... I didnt know Kinect did so well !!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

Should pass the Wii in sales any day now. :o Cows am :cry: :twisted:

Neon_Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Neon_Noir
Member since 2013 • 1466 Posts

What a machine  .

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

The Kinect barely functions yet it's selling like a beast. I don't think this is a good omen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

The Kinect barely functions yet it's selling like a beast. I don't think this is a good omen.

KungfuKitten
Well yes it is, because its technology that can improve over time. and even if its not great for core games, it is a good bit of ENTERTAINMENT. if the rumoured Kinect 2.0 is true to its specs it will only get better.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
So it's still in last place? Lol
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KungfuKitten

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

MBirdy88

Well yes it is, because its technology that can improve over time. and even if its not great for core games, it is a good bit of ENTERTAINMENT. if the rumoured Kinect 2.0 is true to its specs it will only get better.

Well at some point you have to wonder if you even need to make something that works, or what is actually driving these sales.

And yeah I do think there will be a Kinect 2.0 that will actually work well, so I suppose that is good.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice

MS really has done well this gen considering Kinect beats the original Xbox & GC in sales. :shock: Who woulda thunk it? :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

KungfuKitten

Well at some point you have to wonder if you even need to make something that works, or what is actually driving these sales.

Kids probably drive kinect, I know a few people who's kids love it. and so do tech enthusiasts wanting to try this new form, even if it ends up being a dissapointment. Fact of the matter is you don't sell 24 million kinects without it being successful in SOME aspect. hell im sure the whole controllerless entertainment box is enough of a reason for ALOT of people.
kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

MS really has done well this gen considering Kinect beats the original Xbox & GC in sales. :shock: Who woulda thunk it? :P

SecretPolice
Poor lems :(
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KungfuKitten

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Well yes it is, because its technology that can improve over time. and even if its not great for core games, it is a good bit of ENTERTAINMENT. if the rumoured Kinect 2.0 is true to its specs it will only get better.MBirdy88

Kids probably drive kinect, I know a few people who's kids love it. and so do tech enthusiasts wanting to try this new form, even if it ends up being a dissapointment. Fact of the matter is you don't sell 24 million kinects without it being successful in SOME aspect. hell im sure the whole controllerless entertainment box is enough of a reason for ALOT of people.

Sorry I edited it. I cannot write a post correctly in one go. I always have to edit -___-
Sometimes I get the feeling that what is driving the mass sales is not quality or innovation but more of a meme-based system that kinda adheres to the names of products. Rumours, talk, advertising.
Then again, sometimes I am a bit of a pessimist and I don't want to be like that.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="SecretPolice"]

kuraimen

Poor lems :(

Now that's ummm, rich. :P

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Microsoft should do like Sony and combine 360 and Kinect sales. Hell go ahead and combine Windows 8 sales to improve their numbers. But something tells me Microsoft couldn't care less what Sony does. For the record I know people who ove their Kinect. Maybe I will be interested in Kinect 2.0

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#16 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Interesting! 360 does please everybody (core, casuals, adults, kids, men, women...), just like PS2, back in it's days :twisted:

NineTailedGoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 NineTailedGoku
Member since 2012 • 1977 Posts

I guess this confirms MS had a bad January's since they were at 75.9 at the end of Dec. 

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

KungfuKitten

It sells like a beast because it does function. Probably half the people I know with Xbox 360s own a Kinect, and they still use it. My kids and their friends use our Kinect pretty much every weekend, and they've bought quite a few games for it. Meanwhile our PS Move is gathering dust, and our Wii has been boxed up and put in the closet. That says something.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#19 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
I had to get a kinect with my xbox, since there was no store that had one without it. I have never connected it
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

coasterguy65

It sells like a beast because it does function. Probably half the people I know with Xbox 360s own a Kinect, and they still use it. My kids and their friends use our Kinect pretty much every weekend, and they've bought quite a few games for it. Meanwhile our PS Move is gathering dust, and our Wii has been boxed up and put in the closet. That says something.

That is the reason why you will get and under power Kinect always on console this time...
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

Kinect really did pump some extra life into the 360 ... unfortunately the rumors of it being intergrated with every XB3 is quite plausible :(

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

KungfuKitten
For me its a bit like the Wii was. People buy it thinking it will be fun and different and then after a few hours are like "Oh.". Then it becomes a dust gatherer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

tormentos

That is the reason why you will get and under power Kinect always on console this time...

Better than a "why should i buy this console because I will be able to stream its games on my PC, or it will have its network constantly hacked, or the company goes bankrupt because their glorius GIF ridden leader is useless.... it may have a few cinematic graphic whoring games and nintendo failure clones though so that makes up for everything" :lol:
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tormentos
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

MBirdy88

Better than a "why should i buy this console because I will be able to stream its games on my PC, or it will have its network constantly hacked, or the company goes bankrupt because their glorius GIF ridden leader is useless.... it may have a few cinematic graphic whoring games and nintendo failure clones though so that makes up for everything" :lol:

Constantly hacked networks are you talking about Live because PSN was hack 1 time,mean while xbox live account are stolen and sold on black markets on the internet each day. Have a nice time streaming Uncharted on your PC,oh wait you can't..:lol: Yeah sony is going out of business tomorrow that is why they are announcing a new console on the 20th of this month. So once again under power console with kinect always on,with mandatory installs in all games (most hated PS3 feature by lemmings),always online,and no second hand market,so yeah you people did this to your self.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

So it's in last place :lol: 

Keep bragging about those kinect sales :lol: You'll see how well that turns out :lol:  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="tormentos"] That is the reason why you will get and under power Kinect always on console this time...

Constantly hacked networks are you talking about Live because PSN was hack 1 time,mean while xbox live account are stolen and sold on black markets on the internet each day. Have a nice time streaming Uncharted on your PC,oh wait you can't..:lol: Yeah sony is going out of business tomorrow that is why they are announcing a new console on the 20th of this month. So once again under power console with kinect always on,with mandatory installs in all games (most hated PS3 feature by lemmings),always online,and no second hand market,so yeah you people did this to your self.

Hacked once? :lol: wrong. I know you cows love getting all your games for free and hacking online with no reprucussions :lol: ... I guess its not suprize that since the unstoppable console unlock has come out that PS3 is selling like hotcakes, too bad no one buys the games for it. Sony announced you will be paying loads for your sony products in the future to make up for their mistakes, milk milk milk :lol:. But as the PS3 sells like crap other consoles, tablets and PC's will be streaming dat small list of exclusives.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

tormentos

Nope..not a blind fanboy like some people on here. I don't buy stuff just because I have some kind of wierd loyalty to some company who couldn't care less about me. I will base my decision to purchase or not purchase a PS4 or Nextbox on price, games, and appeal of the system. I will also be waiting until some official specs are released instead of basing my decision on a bunch of rumors.

As far as Kinect goes, I didn't even want a Kinect personally. My kids begged for it the Christmas after it came out. They earned the money, so we bought one. They play on it a lot. I've played a few games on it, and use it for Mass Effect 3, and Skyrim that's about it. Still doesn't mean it's not a success, or that it "barely functions". 

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tormentos
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Hacked once? :lol: wrong. I know you cows love getting all your games for free and hacking online with no reprucussions :lol: ... I guess its not suprize that since the unstoppable console unlock has come out that PS3 is selling like hotcakes, too bad no one buys the games for it. Sony announced you will be paying loads for your sony products in the future to make up for their mistakes, milk milk milk :lol:. But as the PS3 sells like crap other consoles, tablets and PC's will be streaming dat small list of exclusives.

It was hack once and taken down for investigation. Funny COD sell just as much on PS3 as on 360..And GT beat Forza sales even with less hardware sold. That part about paying loads is BS it was based on what sony say about their TV's not consoles,so keep the wishful thinking up lemming..:lol: Once again you will get what you deserve..
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60681 Posts
Makes sense that upwards of 65% of exclusives are for Kinect(lol)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Hacked once? :lol: wrong. I know you cows love getting all your games for free and hacking online with no reprucussions :lol: ... I guess its not suprize that since the unstoppable console unlock has come out that PS3 is selling like hotcakes, too bad no one buys the games for it. Sony announced you will be paying loads for your sony products in the future to make up for their mistakes, milk milk milk :lol:. But as the PS3 sells like crap other consoles, tablets and PC's will be streaming dat small list of exclusives.

It was hack once and taken down for investigation. Funny COD sell just as much on PS3 as on 360..And GT beat Forza sales even with less hardware sold. That part about paying loads is BS it was based on what sony say about their TV's not consoles,so keep the wishful thinking up lemming..:lol: Once again you will get what you deserve..

I am a hermit, but nice try. hope the baddies didn't get your credit card details, you need to give all that money to sony.... oh wait, PSN's offerings are minimal :lol:. To bad all the exclusives sell like crap, but no wonder when the few people who actually play PS3 that I know all got uncharted 3 for 3 and play online with wall hacks :lol: Its ok you have a 10 hour zombie game coming up..... and a PS vita... and oh.... bwahahahahahah
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 tormentos
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] I am a hermit, but nice try. hope the baddies didn't get your credit card details, you need to give all that money to sony.... oh wait, PSN's offerings are minimal :lol:. To bad all the exclusives sell like crap, but no wonder when the few people who actually play PS3 that I know all got uncharted 3 for 3 and play online with wall hacks :lol: Its ok you have a 10 hour zombie game coming up..... and a PS vita... and oh.... bwahahahahahah

Yeah a fake hermit like Tessallation now that the xbox 720 will be under power all lemming will be hermits..:lol: That is the beauty of PSN you don't even need your real name,address or CC to actually buy on PSN or have an account,guess that why we don't heard millions and millions of complains for the such call stolen cards,but watch out because on live there are CC been use to buy goodies on live market place,since 2007. Yeah because there is not wall hacks on xbox live,cheaters as well,maybe you should visit youtube..:lol: Really i guess that means God of war was cancel alone with the more than 3 games coming from sony this year..Meanwhile what will you play on 360.? Oh yeah multiplatforms which you have to pay to access online play,and Gears of war remix.. Poor lemmings all because you decide to back up that crappy eye toy rip off.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"] I am a hermit, but nice try. hope the baddies didn't get your credit card details, you need to give all that money to sony.... oh wait, PSN's offerings are minimal :lol:. To bad all the exclusives sell like crap, but no wonder when the few people who actually play PS3 that I know all got uncharted 3 for 3 and play online with wall hacks :lol: Its ok you have a 10 hour zombie game coming up..... and a PS vita... and oh.... bwahahahahahah

Yeah a fake hermit like Tessallation now that the xbox 720 will be under power all lemming will be hermits..:lol: That is the beauty of PSN you don't even need your real name,address or CC to actually buy on PSN or have an account,guess that why we don't heard millions and millions of complains for the such call stolen cards,but watch out because on live there are CC been use to buy goodies on live market place,since 2007. Yeah because there is not wall hacks on xbox live,cheaters as well,maybe you should visit youtube..:lol: Really i guess that means God of war was cancel alone with the more than 3 games coming from sony this year..Meanwhile what will you play on 360.? Oh yeah multiplatforms which you have to pay to access online play,and Gears of war remix.. Poor lemmings all because you decide to back up that crappy eye toy rip off.

Nah I will be playing DoTA 2, Team Fortress 2 and Guild Wars 2 as always, while you fight over turds :lol:
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Hacked once? :lol: wrong. I know you cows love getting all your games for free and hacking online with no reprucussions :lol: ... I guess its not suprize that since the unstoppable console unlock has come out that PS3 is selling like hotcakes, too bad no one buys the games for it. Sony announced you will be paying loads for your sony products in the future to make up for their mistakes, milk milk milk :lol:. But as the PS3 sells like crap other consoles, tablets and PC's will be streaming dat small list of exclusives.tormentos

If sellng just as much on PS3  means selling 2 million less LOL

And GT is Sonys biggest franchise so obviously it outsold Forza. Still failed to outsell Halo. Using your logic, how come Halo and Halo 2 outsold Killlzone, even with much less hardware sold? hmmm

Keep up the arrogance. Will be funny when Sony is forced to sell the playstation brand

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 percuvius2
Member since 2004 • 1982 Posts

GO 360 GO!  No dust on this machine, eh sony?

WeepsForFools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 WeepsForFools
Member since 2012 • 793 Posts
So it's still in last place? Lolkuraimen
Where's a link saying the ps3 is over 76 mil? Shut up.
percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 percuvius2

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] I am a hermit, but nice try. hope the baddies didn't get your credit card details, you need to give all that money to sony.... oh wait, PSN's offerings are minimal :lol:. To bad all the exclusives sell like crap, but no wonder when the few people who actually play PS3 that I know all got uncharted 3 for 3 and play online with wall hacks :lol: Its ok you have a 10 hour zombie game coming up..... and a PS vita... and oh.... bwahahahahahahtormentos

You don't need it on XBOX either just buy a subscription card, duh! Also, since you seem clueless, XBOX LIVE takes PAY PAL so there is no reason for using your CC info.

meanwhile psn is down again.,............

720OwnsPS4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 720OwnsPS4
Member since 2013 • 132 Posts

Well deserved sales. 360 and Kinect are amazing.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SecretPolice

[QUOTE="kuraimen"]So it's still in last place? LolWeepsForFools
Where's a link saying the ps3 is over 76 mil? Shut up.

Cows need no stinkin links :o Even if provided, it would show the combined Sony game systems sales so I say we add 360/Kinect and total it as 100 million sold. :shock: MS wins the console wars !! :twisted:

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

To put some perspective on that.  Microsoft has sold nearly as many Kinects as it did the first Xbox.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tormentos
If sellng just as much on PS3  means selling 2 million less LOL

And GT is Sonys biggest franchise so obviously it outsold Forza. Still failed to outsell Halo. Using your logic, how come Halo and Halo 2 outsold Killlzone, even with much less hardware sold? hmmm

Keep up the arrogance. Will be funny when Sony is forced to sell the playstation brand

RR360DD
Considering the xbox is the FPS console that is basically the same,but wait 11 million vs 9 millions..MMMM But outsold Forza GT is not a FPS... The arrogance..:lol: So saying all the crap Mbirdy say = great but i correcting him = arrogance,enjoy your Kinect only,online only,mandatory install no second hand game console... Wit no free online play.. Yeah it would be maybe could buy their PS brand you know since they are so poor now and close to bankruptcy.
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Should pass the Wii in sales any day now. :o Cows am :cry: :twisted:

SecretPolice

:roll:

percuvius2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 percuvius2

Kinect is outselling ps3, ouch!

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 clr84651

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

blue_hazy_basic

For me its a bit like the Wii was. People buy it thinking it will be fun and different and then after a few hours are like "Oh.". Then it becomes a dust gatherer.

Motion controls in general sell for a while. Then people get tired of them quickly and stop. Motion controls are a gimmick in my mind. I have the Wii and Move controllers. They don't get used any more. 

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tormentos
You don't need it on XBOX either just buy a subscription card, duh! Also, since you seem clueless, XBOX LIVE takes PAY PAL so there is no reason for using your CC info.

percuvius2
I know did i say they are need it.? Yeah and while PSN was down,this was happening since 2007. http://kotaku.com/5913228/report-how-scammers-are-stealing-xbox-live-accounts-and-what-they-do-with-them The sad part is that i pay nothing for PSN while xbox fans pay for live so this doesn't happen.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tormentos
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="percuvius2"]You don't need it on XBOX either just buy a subscription card, duh! Also, since you seem clueless, XBOX LIVE takes PAY PAL so there is no reason for using your CC info.

sts106mat
I know did i say they are need it.? Yeah and while PSN was down,this was happening since 2007. http://kotaku.com/5913228/report-how-scammers-are-stealing-xbox-live-accounts-and-what-they-do-with-them The sad part is that i pay nothing for PSN while xbox fans pay for live so this doesn't happen.

totally separate issue, stop being a doughnut eltormo

Do you want me to past you several more.,?
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

[QUOTE="sts106mat"][QUOTE="tormentos"] I know did i say they are need it.? Yeah and while PSN was down,this was happening since 2007. http://kotaku.com/5913228/report-how-scammers-are-stealing-xbox-live-accounts-and-what-they-do-with-them The sad part is that i pay nothing for PSN while xbox fans pay for live so this doesn't happen.tormentos
totally separate issue, stop being a doughnut eltormo

Do you want me to past you several more.,?

Tormo those aren't hacks, you understand what a hack is right?

COVAtheNOVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 COVAtheNOVA
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

Not bad numbers. The 360 will probably end with 90 to 95 million units sold overall in its life. It also has a chance to go down as the best selling console in American history (only a few million behind the Wii, which it will pass this year and only 7 or so million behind the PS2 for all time sales in the US). They also have nearly 50 million gold members which is pretty good for a paid online service. Don't really care about the Kinect, but even that has nearly 25 million sales in 2 years. MS aeems to be the only console company right now that is actually doing well, not only in sales, but also making money too.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tormentos
Motion controls in general sell for a while. Then people get tired of them quickly and stop. Motion controls are a gimmick in my mind. I have the Wii and Move controllers. They don't get used any more. clr84651
That is the reason why the wii sales die,they started ultra fast and then slammed hard.
clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clr84651

So it's in last place :lol: 

Keep bragging about those kinect sales :lol: You'll see how well that turns out :lol:  

Eddie-Vedder

Bragging about the 360s motion controller? What a stupid thread this is! And the 360 is at 74 million sold not 76 and PS3 is at 73 million. It's true because some have PS3 as caught the 360 and others have it within a million. That link is from someone who is obviously a Xfan. Link to actual sites that are known to track sales would make it more believeable.Â