XBOX 360 3D Glasses

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mrplayalistic (83 posts) -
Hey all I was wondering has anyone heard about the 3D glasses that Samsung is developing for the XBOX360? Yes it is true they were demoed at this Best Buy training that took place in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. What are you're thoughts on them? I don't know if this is old news to any of you but I just thought I would share this information. The reason I didn't put this one the 360 board is because it is another reason why I'm happy with my choice to get a 360. Though I probably will get a PS3 for reason....GOW3....come on now you'd have to be a fool to say the God of War series is not one of the most bad ass series to come out here recently. Of course when the price goes down I shall get one.
#2 Posted by LinKuei_warrior (2671 posts) -
3D glasses sounds cool!!
#3 Posted by mrplayalistic (83 posts) -
Apperently they are going to work off of the tv (obviously) but if you are playing a co-op game no more split screen on guy gets the glasses and the other guy gets a full TV screen. I know I was like whoa!! Ohhhhh this is going to be something serious.
#4 Posted by lordseer (4671 posts) -

Apperently they are going to work off of the tv (obviously) but if you are playing a co-op game no more split screen on guy gets the glasses and the other guy gets a full TV screen. I know I was like whoa!! Ohhhhh this is going to be something serious.mrplayalistic

That sounds pretty crazy.  Seizures incoming.

#5 Posted by waynehead895 (18660 posts) -
I'm not sure my eyes can handle it. Although Chainsawing in 3D sounds fantastic.
#6 Posted by -supercharged- (5820 posts) -
  Oh Noez!1!!1 :o
#7 Posted by 50u1r34v3r (1560 posts) -

Sounds very interesting. Especially the split screen part. 

Do you have a link to that?

I tried to Google it for a sec. but can't seem to find a direct source.

#8 Posted by Tasman_basic (3255 posts) -
If you made a gmae just for a pair of glasses you could have it so it displayed every second frame on the laft eye and every other on the right eye also the 'cameras' in the game could be slightly off set from one another. That would give you a full 3D effect just like the real world.
#9 Posted by Mass_Effect (1993 posts) -

Although Chainsawing in 3D sounds fantastic.waynehead895

It'll feel like your eyes are actually being chainsawed ;)

#10 Posted by PS3_3DO (10976 posts) -

Oh Noez!1!!1 :o -supercharged-

I don't remember that. Did it released in North America? :?

#11 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -
Hmmm...skeptical.
#12 Posted by ironwarrior2 (2587 posts) -

Whats a sega power base?

#13 Posted by subrosian (14215 posts) -

[QUOTE="-supercharged-"] Oh Noez!1!!1 :o PS3_3DO

I don't remember that. Did it released in North America? :?

I find it funny the number of people in these forums who weren't alive for the big era of "3D Headsets" which then were called "virtual reality" - besides the obvious (trading vertical / horizontal resolution for depth) there's something more sinister - all 3D headsets cause serious nausea - not the kind dramamine will treat either.

The horrible reception for the Virtual Boy wasn't just because we were worried about eye damage or didn't like the color red - try keeping something over your face while you game and try not to vomit.

If there is ever going to be "3D" it's going to be in the form of displays that accept a seriously high resolution input (think 1920x1080x1080) by adding a third (depth) field and make use of holographic projection (aka lasers) on the fly. It's going to involve some insane processing power in the display, let alone the rendering hardware - but it might be something we're looking at way down the road.

As far as headsets go... meh, these articles tend to come up in the same magazines that told us PCs would be replaced by ultrapowerful computers built into our cell phones. Oops.

#14 Posted by N-K0d3R (500 posts) -
The type of 3D glasses that cover with an LCD screen one eye at the time, while the display equipment shows the frame meant for the other eye (in order to achieve the stereoscopic effect), cannot be used with LCD screens, it`s for CRT only.
#15 Posted by DXGreat1_HGL (7543 posts) -

[QUOTE="-supercharged-"]  Oh Noez!1!!1 :o ironwarrior2

Whats a sega power base?

This was the Seaga Master System. The 3D games out for it were Space Harrier, Zaxxon 3D, Maze Hunter and a missle command game that also used the light gun. Maze Hunter was the best of all of them, but I did get headaches using it...

#16 Posted by mrplayalistic (83 posts) -
Okay I just talked to some of my coworkers who went to the training, and apparently the glasses are a joint effort by MS and Samsung and will hit the market at an unknown time. They are coming and details about them are very limited as you can't find anything out about them on the net I tried to look for a link myself to share with you guys but damn nothing. Anyway we MS and Samsung reps all the time next time I see one I shall ask more info.
#17 Posted by latinrage69 (2649 posts) -

sorry but nintendo had this first

but in all seriousness, 3d glasses aren't anything new. they've been out for tv and pc for years but people complained about headaches and eye strain because of the 2 alternately flashing lcds in the head gear. also, who wants to wear head gear to see tv anyway. auto-stereographic lcd FTW!

#18 Posted by raualex (405 posts) -

I though VR was the thing that made all them kids puke/ get bad headaches back in the ninties...

Would be great if someone actually managed to make some proper equipment, though 

#19 Posted by ilovesnowboard (541 posts) -
That would be awesome !
#20 Posted by MTBare (5176 posts) -
D00d3rz, my buddi3 wh0 w0rk5 4t b3st buy t0ld m3 th4t 1t w4s f4l53
#21 Posted by foxhound_fox (91129 posts) -
I remember there being a set for the PSP and you could use it in combination with the Photo Mode in MGS3 Subsistence.
#22 Posted by littlestreakier (2949 posts) -

[QUOTE="waynehead895"] Although Chainsawing in 3D sounds fantastic.Mass_Effect

It'll feel like your eyes are actually being chainsawed ;)

lol, nice :wink:

#23 Posted by bryehngeocef (2281 posts) -

I actually had those and Zaxxon 3-D

#24 Posted by moxomule (25 posts) -

I here that they work just fine with newer lcd's it was to do with the ghosting effect of older tft screens- so you would still see the ghost of the previous image the one meant for the other eye- thus breaking the illusion- amd if remember the figures correctly any update quicker than 8m/s is suitable to fool your eyes.

#25 Posted by mr_mozilla (2381 posts) -

[QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]

[QUOTE="-supercharged-"] Oh Noez!1!!1 :o DXGreat1_HGL

Whats a sega power base?

This was the Seaga Master System. The 3D games out for it were Space Harrier, Zaxxon 3D, Maze Hunter and a missle command game that also used the light gun. Maze Hunter was the best of all of them, but I did get headaches using it...

I had those. :D Man I was stupid back then.

#26 Posted by bingbaocao (1852 posts) -

those were awesome back then

#27 Posted by whatisazerg (2371 posts) -

[QUOTE="-supercharged-"] Oh Noez!1!!1 :o ironwarrior2

Whats a sega power base?

It's what the Sega Genesis was eventually spawning into..... another few add-ons and it would have become self aware.... I believe you know the story as "Judgement Day"

#28 Posted by bingbaocao (1852 posts) -

[QUOTE="ironwarrior2"]

[QUOTE="-supercharged-"] Oh Noez!1!!1 :o whatisazerg

Whats a sega power base?

It's what the Sega Genesis was eventually spawning into..... another few add-ons and it would have become self aware.... I believe you know the story as "Judgement Day"

so sega=Cyberdine?

#29 Posted by slvrraven9 (9239 posts) -
MAN THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!! i seriously hope the bring this out soon! wonder if you can use any type of 3d glasses