XBONE privacy concerns absurd...?

  • 68 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by lampedup865 (14 posts) -

Ok so here we go what is everyone tripping out about. Your probably sitting there right now on your laptop or cell phone with a camera pointed directly at your face. Why be mad about the kinect? The kinect is supposed to make the XBone what it is. I mean if you are an international drug smuggler or mass murderer i get it. Most people that are worried about it though are probably just gonna be smoking a doobie or whacking it.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (38252 posts) -

I'm not worried about the Kinect spying or whatever.

#3 Edited by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

Basically what you said.... people though you wouldn't be able turn the system all the way off because ms is offering feature where kinect stays on listening for key words... just a low level way bash the x1

#4 Posted by Heil68 (42691 posts) -

I take my sim card out of my phone when not in use, like they do on TV.

#5 Posted by superclocked (5823 posts) -

I have children that love videogames. They're not going to be allowed to bring the XB1 in their rooms with them. I do not want hackers and random government employees to be able to watch my kids change clothes. Many things about this surveillance society are very, very creepy...

#6 Edited by lampedup865 (14 posts) -

I have children that love videogames. They're not going to be allowed to bring the XB1 in their rooms with them. I do not want hackers and random government employees to be able to watch my kids change clothes. Many things about this surveillance society are very, very creepy...

i dont think MS wants to watch your kids change clothes do your kids have smartphones or laptops? Do they snapchat?

#7 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@lampedup865 said:

@superclocked said:

I have children that love videogames. They're not going to be allowed to bring the XB1 in their rooms with them. I do not want hackers and random government employees to be able to watch my kids change clothes. Many things about this surveillance society are very, very creepy...

i dont think MS wants to watch your kids change clothes do your kids have smartphones or laptops? Do they snapchat?

Our latops, tablets, and smartphones aren't setup in a position to always be watching everything that happens in the room. They may get images of our faces, but I don't care about that. The Kinect 2 would be positioned in such a way to watch every single thing that happened in their room, which is definitely a genuine privacy concern, especially since it concerns children...

#8 Posted by heretrix (37253 posts) -

I'm shuddering at the stupidity I'm reading in this thread. MS doesn't give two shits about what you are doing while not playing on their system and if you still are that worried turn the goddamn thing off.

#9 Posted by Krelian-co (10069 posts) -

so you are saying they are already trying to crush our privacy then we should go fuk it and give them full access with a spy cam included. OK....

Im not an international drug dealer, just someone who thinks i dont have to give up my privacy because im not doing anything bad and should help a company to install spycams on my house.

#10 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

so you are saying they are already trying to crush our privacy then we should go fuk it and give them full access with a spy cam included. OK....

Im not an international drug dealer, just someone who thinks i dont have to give up my privacy because im not doing anything bad and should help a company to install spycams on my house.

#12 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17097 posts) -

@heretrix: No but they care about collecting data they can sell for free to companies. Demographics. Whether people smile or laugh during a movie or show. How many people gather to watch a show. Kids, adults, mom, dad.

#13 Edited by KungfuKitten (20672 posts) -

Tell me when you are at home and when not. Tell me your political preference. Do you have a guard dog? Do you need certain medicine? Who is your closest friend and what does he like to hear? Are you really ill when you don't go to work? Do you pay more attention to my ads when I play them louder? What's that number on your CC? I bet the insurance company would love to know that you smoke.

All that information is useful to me. Be a bit careful with spreading your information. You may not think any of the above really matter, but with the right amount of access you can make a person believe and do anything you want. You can steal money without them knowing that money is being stolen, you can select a group of people to remove based on their ideologies or race. I can be the best friend of your best friend and he'll tell me anything I want to know. I can sell you products that you can't resist, literally. I can make a profit out of your weaknesses, regulate your private life to my liking and I can judge you on everything you do that wasn't meant for me.

#14 Edited by jer_1 (7419 posts) -

@superclocked said:

@Krelian-co said:

so you are saying they are already trying to crush our privacy then we should go fuk it and give them full access with a spy cam included. OK....

Im not an international drug dealer, just someone who thinks i dont have to give up my privacy because im not doing anything bad and should help a company to install spycams on my house.

Well said

I will not allow this kind of crap in my home in its current state. Microsoft is about to go data mine all their customers and likely hand whatever they find right to the NSA should they ask. Luckily there's a lot of people who completely reject this idea such as myself.

#15 Edited by donalbane (16139 posts) -

They ran a feature on NPR a couple of weeks ago about how much of our data is already out there. I don't think most people realize that everything they are worried about protecting was taken from them a long time ago. I think much of the fear is due to the unfortunate coincidence of the Xbox One announcement and the Snowden leak scandal.

#16 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

@jer_1 said:

@superclocked said:

@Krelian-co said:

so you are saying they are already trying to crush our privacy then we should go fuk it and give them full access with a spy cam included. OK....

Im not an international drug dealer, just someone who thinks i dont have to give up my privacy because im not doing anything bad and should help a company to install spycams on my house.

Well said

I will not allow this kind of crap in my home in its current state. Microsoft is about to go data mine all their customers and likely hand whatever they find right to the NSA should they ask. Luckily there's a lot of people who completely reject this idea such as myself.

I agree with you guys. It's sad how many kids are eager to just throw away their privacy rights, and say stupid stuff like "well, all your other electronic devices does it too, so who cares?" and similar mentalities. It's stupid to assume everybody has a smartphone and facebook page or willingly volunteers private information to social media sites, or allows cameras in their homes freely. These type of people will probably end up becoming law makers and throw our constitution out the window without a second thought.

#17 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3787 posts) -

No one is going to sky on anyone, why would they.

Also, apparently I hear if you have a camera built into your computer, it's surprisingly easy to hack. Also, if any spying is going to be done, it would happen on a Windows computer, and there isn't a lot you can do about it. Anti virus/firewalls won't help, the authorities can ask for a back door.

Logically, all this Xbox One spy nonsense is ridiculous. Bad guys aren't playing video games online are they. And the console will have a privacy switch to turn off marketing related data spying. You people need to think realistically and logically.

#18 Edited by lampedup865 (14 posts) -

You people that think they are spying on you are crazy. I think since both of these consoles were released I haven't heard anything at all about PS4 except that it was going to outsell the XBone. The kinect is there so that the console does what it is being made to do. I think all this XBone negativity is a bunch of bandwagon propaganda. Yea its probably not going to be perfect when it comes out but what console ever is? I'm just gonna get the Xbox and then here in a couple years when its the most popular system out because of all the cool stuff that you can do on it I'm going to sit back and laugh. People really have no reason at all to hate on it. If you get the xbox and don't want the kinect on turn the damn thing off, unplug it, whatever makes you happy. IMO though I'm gonna love walking into my living room and saying xbox on and that's that. If the NSA wants to watch me bang my girlfriend or pass around a piece pipe more power to them. I'd rather have ads of stuff i like than an ad for something irrelevant to my life!

#19 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16480 posts) -

Ok so here we go what is everyone tripping out about. Your probably sitting there right now on your laptop or cell phone with a camera pointed directly at your face. Why be mad about the kinect? The kinect is supposed to make the XBone what it is. I mean if you are an international drug smuggler or mass murderer i get it. Most people that are worried about it though are probably just gonna be smoking a doobie or whacking it.

I have a desktop, not a laptop, and I don't have a camera. So now do I have your approval for not wanting one?

#20 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23398 posts) -

it makes me laugh that you are freaking out about this but not worried about the constant state of survalillance you already live in.

this is like being upset that someone threw a glass of water at you while you are swimming.

#21 Posted by lampedup865 (14 posts) -

it makes me laugh that you are freaking out about this but not worried about the constant state of survalillance you already live in.

this is like being upset that someone threw a glass of water at you while you are swimming.

well said my man well said ]

i think its gonna be pretty sweet

#22 Edited by cainetao11 (15917 posts) -

@lampedup865 said:

Ok so here we go what is everyone tripping out about. Your probably sitting there right now on your laptop or cell phone with a camera pointed directly at your face. Why be mad about the kinect? The kinect is supposed to make the XBone what it is. I mean if you are an international drug smuggler or mass murderer i get it. Most people that are worried about it though are probably just gonna be smoking a doobie or whacking it.

Exactly. In an age when you cant get away with almost nothing because every other person has a camer on their phone, hackers can get into your online life, people are afraid of Kinect but ignore the other things they own? It's just the cool thing to hate on X1

#23 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Ok so here we go what is everyone tripping out about. Your probably sitting there right now on your laptop or cell phone with a camera pointed directly at your face. Why be mad about the kinect? The kinect is supposed to make the XBone what it is. I mean if you are an international drug smuggler or mass murderer i get it. Most people that are worried about it though are probably just gonna be smoking a doobie or whacking it.

Nope.

#24 Edited by cainetao11 (15917 posts) -

so you are saying they are already trying to crush our privacy then we should go fuk it and give them full access with a spy cam included. OK....

Im not an international drug dealer, just someone who thinks i dont have to give up my privacy because im not doing anything bad and should help a company to install spycams on my house.

Did you feel strongly against webcams coming with a laptop?

#25 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

You people that think they are spying on you are crazy. I think since both of these consoles were released I haven't heard anything at all about PS4 except that it was going to outsell the XBone. The kinect is there so that the console does what it is being made to do. I think all this XBone negativity is a bunch of bandwagon propaganda. Yea its probably not going to be perfect when it comes out but what console ever is? I'm just gonna get the Xbox and then here in a couple years when its the most popular system out because of all the cool stuff that you can do on it I'm going to sit back and laugh. People really have no reason at all to hate on it. If you get the xbox and don't want the kinect on turn the damn thing off, unplug it, whatever makes you happy. IMO though I'm gonna love walking into my living room and saying xbox on and that's that. If the NSA wants to watch me bang my girlfriend or pass around a piece pipe more power to them. I'd rather have ads of stuff i like than an ad for something irrelevant to my life!

Go read those 20 or so Terms and Conditions + Privacy agreements that you have you have to sign in order to use the XBox One. One ToS will just lead you to another. You lose your soul by the time that they're done. I think that the crazy people are the ones that AREN'T worried about their and their kids' privacy...

#26 Posted by lampedup865 (14 posts) -

@shellcase86: my point is that most people probably are i mean if they really want you. They being the NSA, which they probably dont, then they will get you aint really no way to stop it

#27 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23398 posts) -

@lampedup865 said:

You people that think they are spying on you are crazy. I think since both of these consoles were released I haven't heard anything at all about PS4 except that it was going to outsell the XBone. The kinect is there so that the console does what it is being made to do. I think all this XBone negativity is a bunch of bandwagon propaganda. Yea its probably not going to be perfect when it comes out but what console ever is? I'm just gonna get the Xbox and then here in a couple years when its the most popular system out because of all the cool stuff that you can do on it I'm going to sit back and laugh. People really have no reason at all to hate on it. If you get the xbox and don't want the kinect on turn the damn thing off, unplug it, whatever makes you happy. IMO though I'm gonna love walking into my living room and saying xbox on and that's that. If the NSA wants to watch me bang my girlfriend or pass around a piece pipe more power to them. I'd rather have ads of stuff i like than an ad for something irrelevant to my life!

Go read those 20 or so Terms and Conditions + Privacy agreements that you have you have to sign in order to use the XBox One. One ToS will just lead you to another. You lose your soul by the time that they're done. I think that the crazy people are the ones that AREN'T worried about their and their kids' privacy...

lulz, you are cracking me up with the whole "*pant pant*WHAT! *gasp* ABOUT!! *pant pant* THE CHIIIIIIIILLLLLLDRENZZZZ!!!!!"

the "what about the children" schtick is a bullshytters dead giveaway.

i mean for real it is literally a cliche at this point.

#28 Posted by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@superclocked said:

@lampedup865 said:

You people that think they are spying on you are crazy. I think since both of these consoles were released I haven't heard anything at all about PS4 except that it was going to outsell the XBone. The kinect is there so that the console does what it is being made to do. I think all this XBone negativity is a bunch of bandwagon propaganda. Yea its probably not going to be perfect when it comes out but what console ever is? I'm just gonna get the Xbox and then here in a couple years when its the most popular system out because of all the cool stuff that you can do on it I'm going to sit back and laugh. People really have no reason at all to hate on it. If you get the xbox and don't want the kinect on turn the damn thing off, unplug it, whatever makes you happy. IMO though I'm gonna love walking into my living room and saying xbox on and that's that. If the NSA wants to watch me bang my girlfriend or pass around a piece pipe more power to them. I'd rather have ads of stuff i like than an ad for something irrelevant to my life!

Go read those 20 or so Terms and Conditions + Privacy agreements that you have you have to sign in order to use the XBox One. One ToS will just lead you to another. You lose your soul by the time that they're done. I think that the crazy people are the ones that AREN'T worried about their and their kids' privacy...

lulz, you are cracking me up with the whole "*pant pant*WHAT! *gasp* ABOUT!! *pant pant* THE CHIIIIIIIILLLLLLDRENZZZZ!!!!!"

the "what about the children" schtick is a bullshytters dead giveaway.

i mean for real it is literally a cliche at this point.

I'm dead serious about my kids not bringing it in their bedroom. It'll stay in the living like the 360 Kinect...

#29 Edited by monsterpuncher (146 posts) -

"lol, after NSA scandal, why anyone would chose the Microsoft Spybox is beyond me"

("And that they were using PC's to demo the XBOX1 because the graphics produced by the console was inferior to the PS4 is quite telling. Then add a 20% increase in cost makes it a slam dunk for the PS4.")

"Microsoft just keeps fucking up more and more. Hopefully they will just bankrupt themselves eventually and fade away like a bad fart."

#30 Edited by tenaka2 (17012 posts) -

Ok so here we go what is everyone tripping out about. Your probably sitting there right now on your laptop or cell phone with a camera pointed directly at your face. Why be mad about the kinect? The kinect is supposed to make the XBone what it is. I mean if you are an international drug smuggler or mass murderer i get it. Most people that are worried about it though are probably just gonna be smoking a doobie or whacking it.

Its sad to see MS resort to this, MS spam bots should not be allowed post one GS, need to up the spam rules

#31 Edited by monsterpuncher (146 posts) -

@superclocked said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@superclocked said:

@lampedup865 said:

You people that think they are spying on you are crazy. I think since both of these consoles were released I haven't heard anything at all about PS4 except that it was going to outsell the XBone. The kinect is there so that the console does what it is being made to do. I think all this XBone negativity is a bunch of bandwagon propaganda. Yea its probably not going to be perfect when it comes out but what console ever is? I'm just gonna get the Xbox and then here in a couple years when its the most popular system out because of all the cool stuff that you can do on it I'm going to sit back and laugh. People really have no reason at all to hate on it. If you get the xbox and don't want the kinect on turn the damn thing off, unplug it, whatever makes you happy. IMO though I'm gonna love walking into my living room and saying xbox on and that's that. If the NSA wants to watch me bang my girlfriend or pass around a piece pipe more power to them. I'd rather have ads of stuff i like than an ad for something irrelevant to my life!

Go read those 20 or so Terms and Conditions + Privacy agreements that you have you have to sign in order to use the XBox One. One ToS will just lead you to another. You lose your soul by the time that they're done. I think that the crazy people are the ones that AREN'T worried about their and their kids' privacy...

lulz, you are cracking me up with the whole "*pant pant*WHAT! *gasp* ABOUT!! *pant pant* THE CHIIIIIIIILLLLLLDRENZZZZ!!!!!"

the "what about the children" schtick is a bullshytters dead giveaway.

i mean for real it is literally a cliche at this point.

I'm dead serious about my kids not bringing it in their bedroom. It'll stay in the living like the 360 Kinect...

Or how about you just dont get an xbone all togther!

There is a cheaper more powerful console out there -with better developers and more support, that doesnt enforce a spy cam. Its called the PS4 and its THE quintessential gamers console too. Im sure youve heard of it. Its the much better alternative

#32 Posted by monsterpuncher (146 posts) -

http://www.torn-republic.com/2013/07/documents-reveal-microsoft-helps-nsa.html?m=1

Microsoft, the first tech corporation to be brought onto the PRISM program, has also been contributing encrypted information to the National Security Agency (NSA). Along with this data, the NSA was given access to cloud storage systems and Skype video calls by Microsoft.

It has been reported that the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) could request information with ease because the PRISM program is a team sport!

Documents obtained state that:

•Microsoft assisted the NSA in breaking encryption codes

•Pre-encryption access was obtained for email accounts for Outlook and Hotmail.

•Microsoft cooperated with the FBI with SkyDrive which affected 250 million users.

•Microsoft and the FBI Data Intercept Unit (DIU) created aliases for email accounts to gain access to more information on users.

•After Microsoft purchased Skype, NSA had full access to the technology.

In response Microsoft PR said in a typical statement:

To be clear, Microsoft does not provide any government with blanket or direct access to SkyDrive, Outlook.com, Skype or any Microsoft product. We take our commitments to our customers and to compliance with applicable law very seriously, so we provide customer data only in response to legal processes.

However, just after 9/11, the FBI began their data sharing relationship with Microsoft who gave unfettered access to surveying their customers to the federal government.

FBI agents were interested in customer email account information. Microsoft engineers were told to give over new user data to the FBI as it became available.Slides provided explain how the data mining program was conducted and how real-time surveillance of emails and stored content.

It has been revealed that in September of 2007, Microsoft was the first tech corporation to join PRISM, followed by Google and Apple.James Clapper, director of National Intelligence (NI), explained PIRSM program last month with the declassification of documents regarding the NSA surveillance initiatives as well as intelligence collections

#33 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23398 posts) -

@superclocked said:

@Riverwolf007 said:

@superclocked said:

@lampedup865 said:

You people that think they are spying on you are crazy. I think since both of these consoles were released I haven't heard anything at all about PS4 except that it was going to outsell the XBone. The kinect is there so that the console does what it is being made to do. I think all this XBone negativity is a bunch of bandwagon propaganda. Yea its probably not going to be perfect when it comes out but what console ever is? I'm just gonna get the Xbox and then here in a couple years when its the most popular system out because of all the cool stuff that you can do on it I'm going to sit back and laugh. People really have no reason at all to hate on it. If you get the xbox and don't want the kinect on turn the damn thing off, unplug it, whatever makes you happy. IMO though I'm gonna love walking into my living room and saying xbox on and that's that. If the NSA wants to watch me bang my girlfriend or pass around a piece pipe more power to them. I'd rather have ads of stuff i like than an ad for something irrelevant to my life!

Go read those 20 or so Terms and Conditions + Privacy agreements that you have you have to sign in order to use the XBox One. One ToS will just lead you to another. You lose your soul by the time that they're done. I think that the crazy people are the ones that AREN'T worried about their and their kids' privacy...

lulz, you are cracking me up with the whole "*pant pant*WHAT! *gasp* ABOUT!! *pant pant* THE CHIIIIIIIILLLLLLDRENZZZZ!!!!!"

the "what about the children" schtick is a bullshytters dead giveaway.

i mean for real it is literally a cliche at this point.

I'm dead serious about my kids not bringing it in their bedroom. It'll stay in the living like the 360 Kinect...

Or how about you just dont get an xbone all togther!

There is a cheaper more powerful console out there -with better developers and more support, that doesnt enforce a spy cam. Its called the PS4 and its THE quintessential gamers console too. Im sure youve heard of it. Its the much better alternative

comeon... please.... ol' gil has gotta get a sale.

#34 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23398 posts) -

@monsterpuncher said:

http://www.torn-republic.com/2013/07/documents-reveal-microsoft-helps-nsa.html?m=1

Microsoft, the first tech corporation to be brought onto the PRISM program, has also been contributing encrypted information to the National Security Agency (NSA). Along with this data, the NSA was given access to cloud storage systems and Skype video calls by Microsoft.

It has been reported that the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) could request information with ease because the PRISM program is a team sport!

Documents obtained state that:

•Microsoft assisted the NSA in breaking encryption codes

•Pre-encryption access was obtained for email accounts for Outlook and Hotmail.

•Microsoft cooperated with the FBI with SkyDrive which affected 250 million users.

•Microsoft and the FBI Data Intercept Unit (DIU) created aliases for email accounts to gain access to more information on users.

•After Microsoft purchased Skype, NSA had full access to the technology.

In response Microsoft PR said in a typical statement:

To be clear, Microsoft does not provide any government with blanket or direct access to SkyDrive, Outlook.com, Skype or any Microsoft product. We take our commitments to our customers and to compliance with applicable law very seriously, so we provide customer data only in response to legal processes.

However, just after 9/11, the FBI began their data sharing relationship with Microsoft who gave unfettered access to surveying their customers to the federal government.

FBI agents were interested in customer email account information. Microsoft engineers were told to give over new user data to the FBI as it became available.Slides provided explain how the data mining program was conducted and how real-time surveillance of emails and stored content.

It has been revealed that in September of 2007, Microsoft was the first tech corporation to join PRISM, followed by Google and Apple.James Clapper, director of National Intelligence (NI), explained PIRSM program last month with the declassification of documents regarding the NSA surveillance initiatives as well as intelligence collections

everything you own is riddled with spyware and nsa designed backdoors and monitoring software.

why call out just ms?

http://www.wired.com/business/2013/10/private-tracking-arms-race/

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/10/how-the-nsa-might-use-hotmail-or-yahoo-cookies-to-identify-tor-users/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/the-nsa-files

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/09/17/google-cookies-advertising/2823183/

http://gigaom.com/2013/06/15/tech-companies-working-with-the-nsa-are-making-a-faustian-bargain/

it is a shame you guys let system wars bullshyt blind you to serious problems.

we are all being watched and you are worried about one company because.... EMOTIONS and because SONY RULES!

#35 Edited by monsterpuncher (146 posts) -

@Riverwolf007 said:

@monsterpuncher said:

http://www.torn-republic.com/2013/07/documents-reveal-microsoft-helps-nsa.html?m=1

Microsoft, the first tech corporation to be brought onto the PRISM program, has also been contributing encrypted information to the National Security Agency (NSA). Along with this data, the NSA was given access to cloud storage systems and Skype video calls by Microsoft.

It has been reported that the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) could request information with ease because the PRISM program is a team sport!

Documents obtained state that:

•Microsoft assisted the NSA in breaking encryption codes

•Pre-encryption access was obtained for email accounts for Outlook and Hotmail.

•Microsoft cooperated with the FBI with SkyDrive which affected 250 million users.

•Microsoft and the FBI Data Intercept Unit (DIU) created aliases for email accounts to gain access to more information on users.

•After Microsoft purchased Skype, NSA had full access to the technology.

In response Microsoft PR said in a typical statement:

To be clear, Microsoft does not provide any government with blanket or direct access to SkyDrive, Outlook.com, Skype or any Microsoft product. We take our commitments to our customers and to compliance with applicable law very seriously, so we provide customer data only in response to legal processes.

However, just after 9/11, the FBI began their data sharing relationship with Microsoft who gave unfettered access to surveying their customers to the federal government.

FBI agents were interested in customer email account information. Microsoft engineers were told to give over new user data to the FBI as it became available.Slides provided explain how the data mining program was conducted and how real-time surveillance of emails and stored content.

It has been revealed that in September of 2007, Microsoft was the first tech corporation to join PRISM, followed by Google and Apple.James Clapper, director of National Intelligence (NI), explained PIRSM program last month with the declassification of documents regarding the NSA surveillance initiatives as well as intelligence collections

everything you own is riddled with spyware and nsa designed backdoors and monitoring software.

why call out just ms?

http://www.wired.com/business/2013/10/private-tracking-arms-race/

http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/10/how-the-nsa-might-use-hotmail-or-yahoo-cookies-to-identify-tor-users/

http://www.theguardian.com/world/the-nsa-files

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/09/17/google-cookies-advertising/2823183/

http://gigaom.com/2013/06/15/tech-companies-working-with-the-nsa-are-making-a-faustian-bargain/

it is a shame you guys let system wars bullshyt blind you to serious problems.

we are all being watched and you are worried about one company because.... EMOTIONS and because SONY RULES!

Its funny, every one of the links YOU posted mentions Microsoft front and center

Case in point PROVED

You ask why single out Microsoft?

-Because Microsoft was THE FIRST to ever sign up for PRISM spying programs

-Because Microsoft is the BIGGEST partner of the NSA and is the biggest supporter of PRISM

--Because Microsoft has happily handed off MORE data to the NSA then any other company

THATS WHY!

You want to deflect and deflect attention away from Microsoft because YOU are a delusional xbot.

And yeah, Sony IS awesome and always will be for treating gamers right, unlike Microsoft

#37 Posted by Awaboy (44 posts) -

@jer_1 said:

@superclocked said:

@Krelian-co said:

so you are saying they are already trying to crush our privacy then we should go fuk it and give them full access with a spy cam included. OK....

Im not an international drug dealer, just someone who thinks i dont have to give up my privacy because im not doing anything bad and should help a company to install spycams on my house.

Well said

I will not allow this kind of crap in my home in its current state. Microsoft is about to go data mine all their customers and likely hand whatever they find right to the NSA should they ask. Luckily there's a lot of people who completely reject this idea such as myself.

And me

#38 Edited by cainetao11 (15917 posts) -

@jer_1 said:

@superclocked said:

@Krelian-co said:

so you are saying they are already trying to crush our privacy then we should go fuk it and give them full access with a spy cam included. OK....

Im not an international drug dealer, just someone who thinks i dont have to give up my privacy because im not doing anything bad and should help a company to install spycams on my house.

Well said

I will not allow this kind of crap in my home in its current state. Microsoft is about to go data mine all their customers and likely hand whatever they find right to the NSA should they ask. Luckily there's a lot of people who completely reject this idea such as myself.

Got a cell phone with a camera, or laptop with one? Then its already in your house.

#39 Posted by lostrib (31771 posts) -

@jer_1 said:

@superclocked said:

@Krelian-co said:

so you are saying they are already trying to crush our privacy then we should go fuk it and give them full access with a spy cam included. OK....

Im not an international drug dealer, just someone who thinks i dont have to give up my privacy because im not doing anything bad and should help a company to install spycams on my house.

Well said

I will not allow this kind of crap in my home in its current state. Microsoft is about to go data mine all their customers and likely hand whatever they find right to the NSA should they ask. Luckily there's a lot of people who completely reject this idea such as myself.

Got a cell phone with a camera, or laptop with one? Then its already in your house.

or if you use google

#40 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16480 posts) -

@jer_1 said:

@superclocked said:

@Krelian-co said:

so you are saying they are already trying to crush our privacy then we should go fuk it and give them full access with a spy cam included. OK....

Im not an international drug dealer, just someone who thinks i dont have to give up my privacy because im not doing anything bad and should help a company to install spycams on my house.

Well said

I will not allow this kind of crap in my home in its current state. Microsoft is about to go data mine all their customers and likely hand whatever they find right to the NSA should they ask. Luckily there's a lot of people who completely reject this idea such as myself.

Got a cell phone with a camera, or laptop with one? Then its already in your house.

Did you not even bother reading the conversation? Sure doesn't seem like it based off your silly reply.

#42 Posted by cainetao11 (15917 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@jer_1 said:

@superclocked said:

@Krelian-co said:

so you are saying they are already trying to crush our privacy then we should go fuk it and give them full access with a spy cam included. OK....

Im not an international drug dealer, just someone who thinks i dont have to give up my privacy because im not doing anything bad and should help a company to install spycams on my house.

Well said

I will not allow this kind of crap in my home in its current state. Microsoft is about to go data mine all their customers and likely hand whatever they find right to the NSA should they ask. Luckily there's a lot of people who completely reject this idea such as myself.

Got a cell phone with a camera, or laptop with one? Then its already in your house.

Did you not even bother reading the conversation? Sure doesn't seem like it based off your silly reply.

Bottom line is what im getting at. f your someone that "they"want to watch, or screen, not having Kinect is not stopping them. Its such a BS reason in this technological age. I have been filmed in my own home against my knowledge and I didn't have a Kinect. Get over this BS. Buy a console for games and features but don't hate over fear of something that ALREADY exists.

#43 Posted by sailor232 (4273 posts) -

Yeah everyone lost all their right of privacy a very very long time ago. It does upset me but what can I do about it, that's just the world we live in now. Use a phone, computer, any gps system, gave blood, finger print, paid a bill, I could go on and on, the governments have every piece of info on you. I also never get why spying on a child is some how worse than spying on an adult? Both are done without permission.

#44 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16480 posts) -

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

@cainetao11 said:

@jer_1 said:

@superclocked said:

@Krelian-co said:

so you are saying they are already trying to crush our privacy then we should go fuk it and give them full access with a spy cam included. OK....

Im not an international drug dealer, just someone who thinks i dont have to give up my privacy because im not doing anything bad and should help a company to install spycams on my house.

Well said

I will not allow this kind of crap in my home in its current state. Microsoft is about to go data mine all their customers and likely hand whatever they find right to the NSA should they ask. Luckily there's a lot of people who completely reject this idea such as myself.

Got a cell phone with a camera, or laptop with one? Then its already in your house.

Did you not even bother reading the conversation? Sure doesn't seem like it based off your silly reply.

Bottom line is what im getting at. f your someone that "they"want to watch, or screen, not having Kinect is not stopping them. Its such a BS reason in this technological age. I have been filmed in my own home against my knowledge and I didn't have a Kinect. Get over this BS. Buy a console for games and features but don't hate over fear of something that ALREADY exists.

Translation=No I didn't read it and I am still stuck on stupid.

#45 Edited by cainetao11 (15917 posts) -
#46 Posted by Multipass35 (295 posts) -

The BS is getting extremely thick.

#47 Posted by tenaka2 (17012 posts) -

MS will sell data to advertising companies.

No to mention the potential hacks

#48 Posted by always_explicit (2630 posts) -

@lampedup865 said:

@superclocked said:

I have children that love videogames. They're not going to be allowed to bring the XB1 in their rooms with them. I do not want hackers and random government employees to be able to watch my kids change clothes. Many things about this surveillance society are very, very creepy...

i dont think MS wants to watch your kids change clothes do your kids have smartphones or laptops? Do they snapchat?

Our latops, tablets, and smartphones aren't setup in a position to always be watching everything that happens in the room. They may get images of our faces, but I don't care about that. The Kinect 2 would be positioned in such a way to watch every single thing that happened in their room, which is definitely a genuine privacy concern, especially since it concerns children...

How ridiculous can you be. Im appalled your old enough to have children but immature enough to think like this.

Do you realise the logistics behind employing and paying for many thousands of employee's to watch millions of kinects 24/7. As if that isnt stupid enough, you would have to guarantee the silence of every single one of these employee's for the foreseeable future. As if an already disgustingly profitable company is going to risk their entire reputation to look in your bloody living room. Get some perspective man.

#49 Edited by superclocked (5823 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

@superclocked said:

@lampedup865 said:

@superclocked said:

I have children that love videogames. They're not going to be allowed to bring the XB1 in their rooms with them. I do not want hackers and random government employees to be able to watch my kids change clothes. Many things about this surveillance society are very, very creepy...

i dont think MS wants to watch your kids change clothes do your kids have smartphones or laptops? Do they snapchat?

Our latops, tablets, and smartphones aren't setup in a position to always be watching everything that happens in the room. They may get images of our faces, but I don't care about that. The Kinect 2 would be positioned in such a way to watch every single thing that happened in their room, which is definitely a genuine privacy concern, especially since it concerns children...

How ridiculous can you be. (?) Im (I'm) appalled (that) your (you're) old enough to have children but immature enough to think like this. (commas, learn to use them)

Do you realise (realize) the logistics behind employing and paying for many thousands of employee's to watch millions of kinects 24/7. (?) As if that isnt (isn't) stupid enough, you would have to guarantee the silence of every single one of these employee's for the foreseeable future. As if an already disgustingly profitable company is going to risk their entire reputation to look in your bloody living room. Get some perspective man.

I'm guessing that you don't have children, and also that you're not very familiar with how easy it is to hack a webcam on a computer that is running a Microsoft OS. And, it's not like this is something new. People have been hacking cameras on Microsoft OS for longer than you've been alive, and there is absolutely zero chance that hackers are going to stop doing it anytime soon..

Hell, I saw on the news recently that a local couple discovered that a pedophile had hacked their security system, which was no doubt running a Microsoft OS, and had been talking to their young daughter through the nanny cams. People's concerns are genuine, and they damn well should be concerned, especially with people like you running around acting like there is no chance in hell that a hacker could access the camera..

Also, I never said that I was worried about Microsoft employees watching Kinect 24/7. But, according to the privacy agreements and terms of use, they will DEFINITELY be watching for at least marketing purposes. The fact that they have the power to watch people's kids at all is very creepy...

#50 Edited by monsterpuncher (146 posts) -

@superclocked said:

@Krelian-co said:

so you are saying they are already trying to crush our privacy then we should go fuk it and give them full access with a spy cam included. OK....

Im not an international drug dealer, just someone who thinks i dont have to give up my privacy because im not doing anything bad and should help a company to install spycams on my house.