Xbone Launches Lower Then the PS3 in UK #XboxDone

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Pokemon266 (369 posts) -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-25-xbox-one-outsells-xbox-360-two-to-one-in-uk-launch

Xbone Sold 140k while PS3 sold 160k+

The Xbox One outsold the Xbox 360 two-to-one in the UK when you compare both console's launch periods.

The Xbox 360 launches in the UK in 2005 - nearly eight years ago.

Sales of the Xbox One, which launched on Friday 22nd November, amounted to 80 per cent of all home consoles sold this week.

10 of the 16 Xbox One launch titles debuted in the UK's top 40 chart, which counts physical sales only - exactly the same number of titles that appeared in the top 40 of the week of the Xbox 360's launch.

With a 328 per cent increase in sales, FIFA 14 returns to number one after a seven week absence. The lead format is the Xbox One version, which Chart-Track notes is the best-selling Xbox One game. But this is down to it being included in the Xbox One Day 1 edition, so it's a slightly misleading chart this week.

The PlayStation 4 version of FIFA 14 charts, despite the console not going on sale in the UK until this Friday, 29th November.

Call of Duty: Ghosts drops to second place after two weeks at the top. The PS4 and Xbox One versions bother released ahead of their consoles.

Battlefield 4 is in number three, boosted by the release of the Xbox One version. Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is similarly boosted into fourth place, with both the PS4 and Xbox One versions out this week.

Xbox One exclusive Forza 5 debuts at number five, but, like FIFA 14, benefited from being bundled in with some Xbox One consoles. Lego Marvel Super Heroes is sixth. Dead Rising 3 is in at seven. 3DS game The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds debuts at nine. The third biggest Xbox One exclusive is Ryse: Son of Rome, which enters the chart in tenth place.

#2 Posted by sts106mat (18759 posts) -

but according to cows, the PS3 was going to sell more in one day than the xbox 360 had in a year, so didn't work out too well did it? PS3 finished in last place.

every xb1 unit in the UK seems to have been sold anyway, not sure how selling every unit they could make is a bad thing. but ok.

#3 Posted by RedentSC (583 posts) -

@sts106mat: Every xbox console has not been sold in the UK, about 4 shops in our local shopping centre has then stocked including the likes of Asda and Even CEX. They have not been sold through at all. They didn't even stop taking pre-orders in the UK

PS4 however is a different matter

#4 Posted by sts106mat (18759 posts) -

@RedentSC: that's ok then, i went in HMV, Game, Tesco and Smyths, all gone. AFAIK they had stopped taking pre-orders, not to worry i cancelled my pre-orders months ago and haven't really kept up to be fair.

i did get to try a PS4 in smyths though, the controller wasn't charged enough and there were no games, but i really dislike the DS4, no way am i getting a PS4, can't go back to that crappy controller.

#5 Edited by sukraj (21639 posts) -

The xbox one is all sold out where I live its not available.

#6 Posted by lglz1337 (3022 posts) -

@sukraj said:

living in a little village i see

dont DC everyone wants a ps4 as you could read in the other thread

MS is Done :)

#7 Edited by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

if you live here you will already know that nobody's really talked bout the console launches, desite it being near christmas and a lot of people including myself think all 3 next gen consoles are overpriced currently considering the dire state of the economy and the chumps in charge of our country who seem to be going out their way to ruin more and more things.

@RedentSC said:

@sts106mat: Every xbox console has not been sold in the UK, about 4 shops in our local shopping centre has then stocked including the likes of Asda and Even CEX. They have not been sold through at all. They didn't even stop taking pre-orders in the UK

negative, my local game (in a major town in Scotland know as Falkirk in the shadows of the whole grangemouth place that dominated national news the past few months) has had to delay some peoples preorders for both consoles due to demand, there is demand for both consoles from the hardcore fanbases but from a larger perspective they arent gamechangers like they were last gen PS3 offering bluray and 360 offering a better online experience in terms of consoles.

Our local game has day 1, then theres allotments coming in today or tomorrow and afaik theres none for general sale just yet and i honestly expect sales for both will pick up next week considering if your a monthly pay kinda guy that friday coming is your payday :D

#8 Posted by sts106mat (18759 posts) -

if you live here you will already know that nobody's really talked bout the console launches, desite it being near christmas and a lot of people including myself think all 3 next gen consoles are overpriced currently considering the dire state of the economy and the chumps in charge of our country who seem to be going out their way to ruin more and more things.

@RedentSC said:

negative, my local game (in a major town in Scotland know as Falkirk in the shadows of the whole grangemouth place that dominated national news the past few months) has had to delay some peoples preorders for both consoles due to demand, there is demand for both consoles from the hardcore fanbases but from a larger perspective they arent gamechangers like they were last gen PS3 offering bluray and 360 offering a better online experience in terms of consoles.

Our local game has day 1, then theres allotments coming in today or tomorrow and afaik theres none for general sale just yet and i honestly expect sales for both will pick up next week considering if your a monthly pay kinda guy that friday coming is your payday :D

agreed, unless you are a major gamer, there really isn't much to get excited for, all but one of the people i know that i'd class as "gamers" aren't excited, which is surprising considering the length of this gen, but not when as you said, you factor in the lack of a true "game-changer".

#9 Edited by RedentSC (583 posts) -

@sts106mat: Well i'm in Newcastle (north east England) and it appears there are plenty. Clearly its region specific. Either way, they are not sold out in the UK

#10 Posted by sts106mat (18759 posts) -
#11 Edited by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

@RedentSC said:

@sts106mat: Well i'm in Newcastle (north east England) and it appears there are plenty. Clearly its region specific. Either way, they are not sold out in the UK

certain stores will get bigger allotments based upon their location, previous trends and various other variables.Not to mention Newcastle is a major city and those tend to have bigger stores my store for example is tiny and the stock room is insanely small and has never coped well in big launches even GTA5 had issues and used a ticketing system since its that small hahaha,

cities tend to have bigger stores and more capable than the minnows like my local store :P

#12 Edited by shawn30 (4291 posts) -

@sukraj said:

Yeah and thats really the point. Its only bad if systems are on store shelves not selling. And with the more expensive price tag MS is doing fine. If you can spin how selling every system you can make is a bad thing, oh well. Cows Gonna Cow.

#13 Posted by Suppaman100 (3590 posts) -

PS3 is less expensive so that's normal.

Although you could argue, when a product launces, sales are higher than normal.

Anyways, PS3 >>>>>>>>>>>>360,Xbone

#14 Posted by waltefmoney (18030 posts) -

Perhaps more tellingly this means that Xbox One is, according to the same source, now just a few thousand units short of beating the Wii U’s total UK sales accrued since its release a year ago this week.

Nintendo is literally done for.

#15 Posted by Newhopes (4444 posts) -

Cows who are been stupid yet again what a surprise.

#16 Posted by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

To be fair it was only £4.00 cheaper.

The PS3 launched in the UK at £425 and the Xbone 720 launched at £429

#17 Posted by Obviously_Right (5085 posts) -

That's pretty sad.

I'm in London and all my local stores have day 1 editions available. This thing has flopped in the UK.

#18 Posted by Suppaman100 (3590 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

To be fair it was only £4.00 cheaper.

The PS3 launched in the UK at £425 and the Xbone 720 launched at £429

Ah okay,

LOL then there's no doubt, Xbone sucks and TLHBO

#19 Posted by OLLIEscouse (41 posts) -

Stop it cows it's not funny anymore

#20 Edited by Newhopes (4444 posts) -

UK games market has been steadly been declining and has been for years, but cows are living up to there reputation of been stupid.

#21 Edited by _Matt_ (8780 posts) -

hmm, 150k? Is that it?

I'm not too surprised, they are selling for the same price the PS3 did at launch.

There was only 2 left when I asked in GAME, so it can't be doing too badly.

#22 Posted by OLLIEscouse (41 posts) -

That's pretty sad.

I'm in London and all my local stores have day 1 editions available. This thing has flopped in the UK.

Stop it

#23 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149514 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

hmm, 150k? Is that it?

I'm not too surprised, they are selling for the same price the PS3 did at launch.

Do you know how many your store had to start with?

#24 Posted by _Matt_ (8780 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

hmm, 150k? Is that it?

Do you know how many your store had to start with?

No idea, didn't think to ask that part.

Probably quite a few though, as there was a proper midnight launch for it.

#25 Posted by MBirdy88 (7151 posts) -

sad day when the xbone outsells the wii u in a week. wii-u actually ahs good games coming.... and is not just a more expensive weak ps4.

#26 Posted by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

@Newhopes said:

UK games market has been steadly been declining and has been for years, but cows are living up to there reputation of been stupid.

You got some figures to back that up with.

GTA5 broke all record this year.

#27 Posted by sts106mat (18759 posts) -

That's pretty sad.

on course to sell more units in one week than the WiiU has in a year = a flop?

#28 Posted by _Matt_ (8780 posts) -

@Newhopes said:

Erm, no it hasn't, got some evidence for that? It's still one of the top 3 gaming markets in the World.

#29 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Everyday as more lemmings grow up, get education and get smarter they get away from that POS Xbone. That's why the 360 ended up last in sales even though it had one year headstart.

#30 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3296 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: their is definitely a demand difference between the 2, i can preorder x1 and still get it in time for christmas, ps4 is only available for mid january.

#31 Posted by MonsieurX (28675 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Everyday as more lemmings grow up, get education and get smarter they get away from that POS Xbone. That's why the 360 ended up last in sales even though it had one year headstart.

It didn't.

Cry more

#32 Edited by Newhopes (4444 posts) -
@_Matt_ said:

@Newhopes said:

Erm, no it hasn't, got some evidence for that? It's still one of the top 3 gaming markets in the World.

2012: -17.4%

2011:-13%

2010:-13%

2009:-18%

£4.04 billion in 2008 down to £1.598 billion in 2012, console market has more than halved in the last 4-5 years.

#33 Posted by sts106mat (18759 posts) -

@Newhopes said:
@_Matt_ said:

@Newhopes said:

£4.04 billion in 2008 down to £1.598 billion in 2012, console market has more than halved in the last 4-5 years.

"console market" =/= games market.

try again.

#34 Posted by Newhopes (4444 posts) -

@Newhopes said:
@_Matt_ said:

@Newhopes said:

try again.

And what do you think the XBox1 and PS4 are, mobile devices?

#35 Posted by sts106mat (18759 posts) -

@Newhopes said:

@sts106mat said:

@Newhopes said:
@_Matt_ said:

@Newhopes said:

try again.

they are consoles, part of the overall "games market" the "console market" as you put it would also include PSvita and 3Ds as they are handheld consoles. you might mean "the home console market", but you originally said "UK games market" which includes PC, Mobile games and consoles etc.

so you were wrong, but dont be sad, everyone makes mistakes.

#36 Edited by Newhopes (4444 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Newhopes said:

@sts106mat said:

@Newhopes said:
@_Matt_ said:

@Newhopes said:

try again.

they are consoles, part of the overall "games market" the "console market" as you put it would also include PSvita and 3Ds as they are handheld consoles. you might mean "the home console market", but you originally said "UK games market" which includes PC, Mobile games and consoles etc.

Ok if you want too be a dick the industry as a whole is down by an average of 11% last year .

#37 Edited by sts106mat (18759 posts) -

@Newhopes said:

@sts106mat said:

@Newhopes said:

@sts106mat said:

@Newhopes said:
@_Matt_ said:

@Newhopes said:

try again.

Ok if you want too be a dick the industry whole is down by an average of 11%.

not being a dick, just pointing out that you were wrong and that was why the_matt_ user was querying it.

#38 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25422 posts) -

That's still very good when you remember that price tag and that more people are waiting for the PS4 to launch. In fact it's about to overtake the WiiU in the UK already. So lets turn our derision there, to the true failure.

#39 Edited by Shewgenja (7940 posts) -

LOL! XBox DONE! I didn't see this thread I guess mine needs to be locked.

#40 Posted by sts106mat (18759 posts) -

yours did get locked, my "stick it up your anus" quote was supposed to make people laugh. pretty funny that you'd rather be on here than playing on your PS4.

#41 Posted by RedentSC (583 posts) -

That's still very good when you remember that price tag and that more people are waiting for the PS4 to launch. In fact it's about to overtake the WiiU in the UK already. So lets turn our derision there, to the true failure.

Oh come on... people on here stopped caring about the Wii U ages ago. The true battle is MS/Sony and MS are failing badly... lets not turn our attention away.... lets focus on MS's failure :)

#42 Edited by Shewgenja (7940 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@Shewgenja said:

yours did get locked, my "stick it up your anus" quote was supposed to make people laugh. pretty funny that you'd rather be on here than playing on your PS4.

I'm at work. Thanks for playing.

#43 Posted by StormyJoe (4577 posts) -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-25-xbox-one-outsells-xbox-360-two-to-one-in-uk-launch

The Xbox One outsold the Xbox 360 two-to-one in the UK when you compare both console's launch periods.

Sales of the Xbox One, which launched on Friday 22nd November, amounted to 80 per cent of all home consoles sold this week.

10 of the 16 Xbox One launch titles debuted in the UK's top 40 chart, which counts physical sales only - exactly the same number of titles that appeared in the top 40 of the week of the Xbox 360's launch.

With a 328 per cent increase in sales, FIFA 14 returns to number one after a seven week absence. The lead format is the Xbox One version, which Chart-Track notes is the best-selling Xbox One game. But this is down to it being included in the Xbox One Day 1 edition, so it's a slightly misleading chart this week.

The PlayStation 4 version of FIFA 14 charts, despite the console not going on sale in the UK until this Friday, 29th November.

Call of Duty: Ghosts drops to second place after two weeks at the top. The PS4 and Xbox One versions bother released ahead of their consoles.

Battlefield 4 is in number three, boosted by the release of the Xbox One version. Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag is similarly boosted into fourth place, with both the PS4 and Xbox One versions out this week.

Xbox One exclusive Forza 5 debuts at number five, but, like FIFA 14, benefited from being bundled in with some Xbox One consoles. Lego Marvel Super Heroes is sixth. Dead Rising 3 is in at seven. 3DS game The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds debuts at nine. The third biggest Xbox One exclusive is Ryse: Son of Rome, which enters the chart in tenth place.

Ummm... The XB1 is SOLD OUT. You can't do any better than SOLD OUT.

Cows = dumb.

#44 Posted by RedentSC (583 posts) -

@StormyJoe: Sorry bud... not in the UK and the rest of Europe :) can do better than not sold out... which is called being sold out... which the xbone 720p is not in europe... get your facts right you idiotic lem :)

#45 Posted by sts106mat (18759 posts) -

@Shewgenja: LOL moogenja how are you finding the PS4 so far?

#46 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3232 posts) -

Wow, your posting gimmick sucks.

#47 Edited by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

They are both sold out. People can't buy what isn't on the shelf. Sony has made more PS4's. And?

#48 Edited by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

Tragedy.

#49 Posted by StormyJoe (4577 posts) -

@RedentSC said:

@StormyJoe: Sorry bud... not in the UK and the rest of Europe :) can do better than not sold out... which is called being sold out... which the xbone 720p is not in europe... get your facts right you idiotic lem :)

Who the f*ck do you think you are? Idiotic? How about this: go f*ck yourself, then brush your teeth.

I didn't do a personal attack on anyone in this thread, so know your place and do the same.

#50 Posted by Shewgenja (7940 posts) -

@Pokemon266 said:

Ummm... The XB1 is SOLD OUT. You can't do any better than SOLD OUT.

Cows = dumb.

I wonder if it's doing better in London than in NYC or LA LOL