Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

No amount of new IPs, proper exclusives, successful continuations of established blockbusters or system updates and added functionality is going to ever change that.

E3 won't change a single thing in continental Europe and even if FIFA, Assassin's Creed, COD and BF were Xbone exclusives it wouldn't.

Jim Ryan, President of Sony Europe guesstimates Sony's market share in continental Europe at 70% and in some places even 90%. Mind you that he hasn't provided any solid facts but still... There's no way MS is ever going to reclaim even 1% of that.

Game over.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/30/playstation-4-dominates-europe-with-70-90-of-console-market/

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

It's still going to have a niche and it will sell, so why does it matter? As lon as Microsoft can remain competitive, the Xbox One will continue to be an important part of the industry.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

This is why you build a powerful system

if Xbox one played games at higher resolution than ps4 i would never pickup single game on ps4

it was easy it was all microsoft had to do was get the pixels on screen at higher rates the war would've been over i dunno what they were thinking

if one game looks better on this system well that's the one i'm gonna get the game on

imagine that think about this.

if batman looked better on xbox one i would bringing up new thread every week of release an just keep bumping it until sony fans just died

I WOULD have never shutup on any game if they all looked better on xbox one.

this is microsoft own fault they know its there fault they know in their heart

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

you should really change your nick to salty fries, it is insane the level of butthurt, salt and damage control you show on these forums.

People know ps4 is the better console #dealwithit, the fact that people prefer the other console detracts you from enjoying your garbagebox in any way? if so then you are dumber than we thought you were.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5  Edited By k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

They still doing good though, US is carrying the Xbox.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ProtossX

@charizard1605 said:

It's still going to have a niche and it will sell, so why does it matter? As lon as Microsoft can remain competitive, the Xbox One will continue to be an important part of the industry.

orly what games are you picking up for it this year or next year?

its all about the games list me the ones your getting for xbone

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Meh.

You'll still get 90+ percent of the same library that the PS4 will have and if you like the Xbox exclusives then it's all good. The writing was on the wall pretty early on that the PS4 would be running the sales game this gen.

Shouldn't have any effect on your enjoyment of the console. I mean shit man, I've gotten more play out of my WiiU than my PS4 and that thing is a fucking sales disaster.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#8 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

No amount of new IPs, proper exclusives, successful continuations of established blockbusters or system updates and added functionality is going to ever change that.

E3 won't change a single thing in continental Europe and even if FIFA, Assassin's Creed, COD and BF were Xbone exclusives it wouldn't.

Jim Ryan, President of Sony Europe guesstimates Sony's market share in continental Europe at 70% and in some places even 90%. Mind you that he hasn't provided any solid facts but still... There's no way MS is ever going to reclaim even 1% of that.

Game over.

http://www.vg247.com/2015/06/30/playstation-4-dominates-europe-with-70-90-of-console-market/

Scalebound is a new IP, and console does have proper exclusives. You're drunk.

/thread

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ProtossX

@speedfreak48t5p said:
@Salt_The_Fries said:

Game over.

Scalebound is a new IP, and console does have proper exclusives. You're drunk.

/thread

you haven't seen a single gameplay shot from scalebound /thread

i like gameplay so if i don't see gameplay i don't like the trailer

when im reading magazine i wanna see screenshots of the gameplay

i don't want to see a trailer i don't want to see what it could look like

i need to see what im gonna be seeing on the screen and what the gameplay feels like

/thread

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@ProtossX: Halo 5, Gears of War Ultimate, Gears of War 4, Scalebound, Quantum Break, Recore, Rare Replay, Sea of Pirates, Crackdown, Cuphead, Rise of the Tomb Raider.

demacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 demacabre
Member since 2015 • 361 Posts

It isn't game over. Xbox One doesn't need to win the generation to still put out a good console and library for you to enjoy. I just hope they settle on a price point where they aren't hemorrhaging money on taking a toss on hardware like they did with the original Xbox.

Speaking as a PS4 owner, all MS has to do is let go of the popularity contest and focus on having a good library, service, and exclusives. The good news is that it looks like that's what they are doing.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ProtossX

@demacabre said:

It isn't game over. Xbox One doesn't need to win the generation to still put out a good console and library for you to enjoy. I just hope they settle on a price point where they aren't hemorrhaging money on taking a toss on hardware like they did with the original Xbox.

Speaking as a PS4 owner, all MS has to do is let go of the popularity contest and focus on having a good library, service, and exclusives. The good news is that it looks like that's what they are doing.

yeah but remember when ps3 was losing and then it came back an won the generation after getting its ass kicked?

why can't xbone come back and win the generation from being behind

this team is completely incompetent that's why there won't be a comeback like the ps3

it will never tie the ps4 ever. its basically the same type of console yet its not coming back notice that dema?

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

You can Blame him for the permanent damage to the xbox brand.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Dude you live in Europe don't you?

Why do you act like a baby?

The Xbone has no support here so its clearly not gonna win Europe.

The Xbone is doing fine in the US and thats what they want.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

@ProtossX: Ps4 didn't get full 18 months before xbox come out...like Xbox360 before ps3 come out which give them 10 million unit head start on ps3

both next gen consoles come out at almost the same time and xbox one still losing badly

It's not possible for xbox to come close to ps4 now

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

MS know this thats why they are trying to worm their way back into the PC space.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

Better luck next time Microsoft.

Hope this is a lesson to all anti-consumer ideas out there, although Nintendo seems to be learning nothing. Sony needs some real competition, would be great if Microsoft went away and someone else came in.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ProtossX

@pelvist said:

MS know this thats why they are trying to work their way back into the PC space.

theres already too much competition on pc you got GoG oRigin Steam GMG

theres no room for MS on PC imo they shoulda just made a better console and ya know did that

Avatar image for thecouchpotater
TheCouchPotater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheCouchPotater
Member since 2015 • 239 Posts

The European console market's weight is regularly overestimated on this forum for some reason, I guess due to the amount of Euro posters? Microsoft could actually take the crown this generation if they found a way to lock a solid majority of the much larger U.S. console market (admittedly a highly unlikely outcome and very much an uphill battle). As it stands, they will probably finish the generation as a near second, with close to or more than 50% of the U.S. market share.

If you want to talk about 'doomed' consoles one only needs to look eastward...

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Krelian-co

@FinalFighters said:

You can Blame him for the permanent damage to the xbox brand.

not really, their moronic drm policies and forced kinect did most of the damage, though that guy helped, and then acting as if their customers were idiots with all the timed exclusive crap and whoring out to pc, making the xbone irrelevant.

demacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 demacabre
Member since 2015 • 361 Posts

@ProtossX I think if Xbox tried to compete and wrestle away the number 1 spot from the PS4 it would cause more harm than good at this point with respect to continuously dropping the price of their hardware. If they aren't producing the console at a loss now, they would if the price drops continued. They don't need to do that to be a viable platform for now and the future. They can just take stock they are selling well enough, turn a profit, and then use that profit to invest back into games and services.

If they want to be "first place" next gen, they really need to make sure come out swinging on reveal. So... basically the exact opposite of 2013.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Well Xb1 can still be number 2 this Gen. hope MS learn a good lesson this gen.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ProtossX

@Salt_The_Fries: are you thinking of switching to ps4 at all and selling the bone?

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

@ProtossX said:

@Salt_The_Fries: are you thinking of switching to ps4 at all and selling the bone?

Why would anyone in their right mind do that with the games coming up this year and the PS4 having nothing?

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@ten_pints said:

Better luck next time Microsoft.

Hope this is a lesson to all anti-consumer ideas out there, although Nintendo seems to be learning nothing. Sony needs some real competition, would be great if Microsoft went away and someone else came in.

I believe MS is the "real competition." I highly doubt they'll make the same mistakes again going forward. IF they stay in the console game I expect them to have BC from the start, powerful hardware, less restrictions, etc. I hope they continue to make consoles. It would be dangerous if Sony had a monopoly.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

The systems that don't sell as well always try harder. I'm loving what the xbox one will have to offer this holiday season. (The price drop, tomb raider, rare replay, backwards compatibility.)

I feel the PS4 has the sales so they sit back and just tell you to wait until 2016 for worthwhile exclusives to play.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

I guess all that rooting I did for X1 had little effect.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Krelian-co

@ni6htmare01 said:

is not like xbox has ever won any gen, they are in their natural position, last.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Beautiful thread OP.

Even though I like your attempt at sarcasm, beneath it all...you know it's true. It truly is GAME OVER for Xbone.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ProtossX

@draign said:
@ProtossX said:

Why would anyone in their right mind do that with the games coming up this year and the PS4 having nothing?

cuz people like the be on the winning team doesn't matter where you're from usa or europe ppl wanna feel like there winning i felt like i was winning with the 360 i feel im getting my ass kicked owning xboner ya know what i mean?

microsoft xbox division had it all last gen tons of sales kids were talking about everywhere buying tons of games an third party stuff

nobody's buying xbone shit this gen these ppl dunno how to run a business maybe they fired some key people who were doing the 360 stuff or they just have really bad employees now

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

Sony will most certainly win the console sales war this gen. MS will most certainly have the better console this gen.

The resolution disparity is a joke. Anyone would have a hard time telling the difference if they were side by side. Not to mention the PS4'S apparent lack of AF on most games.

Even if you give the PS4 the resolution advantage, the XB1 literally does everything else better. Cows can live on sales figures, and hype for games coming out years from now while lems play games.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: Whatever.

@Krelian-co said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

is not like xbox has ever won any gen, they are in their natural position, last.

LOL!. The 360 outsold the PS3, and was the best selling HD console last gen. And, MS is still selling 360s.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ant_17

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

LOL!. The 360 outsold the PS3, and was the best selling HD console last gen. And, MS is still selling 360s.

Not in Europe though.

The sales for 360 is dead here , And now that PS3s are cheap they will sell even more , hell they where selling PS2s just 3 years ago.

The whole "360 outsold PS3" is slowly turning around.

Good thing they don't count PS3 sales or lems will cry even more.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ni6htmare01
@Ant_17 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

Not in Europe though.

The sales for 360 is dead here , And now that PS3s are cheap they will sell even more , hell they where selling PS2s just 3 years ago.

At this point is 360 still out sold PS3? The haven't release the numbers but I really doubt 360 still a head of the PS3

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Krelian-co

@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

x360 had a year head start, and yet ps3 sold more year over year, by the end of the gen it catch up and surpassed the 360. Feel free to spin that fact.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

70%-90%? Talk about overkill. Damn.

See? This is why I keep saying that MS not focusing on these markets is a mistake. Each market (with the exception of 3-5 countries) isn't too big, but all of them added together make up strong numbers. It's also a bit worrisome that they could easily do better with a different strategy and just don't seem to care.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ant_17

@ni6htmare01 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@StormyJoe said:

@Krelian-co said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

Not in Europe though.

At this point is 360 still out sold PS3? The haven't release the numbers but I really doubt 360 still a head of the PS3

I think "No - sirca 2012" is the answer.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@ni6htmare01 said:

Can? What is the other company or console that has a chance to place this generation?

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ProtossX

@Solaryellow said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

Can? What is the other company or console that has a chance to place this generation?

theres only 2 consoles doing third party games and one has 90% control of europe thats pretty bad competition no matter how you slice thats basically doing nothing almost walking doing nothing an walking out basically an not even trying

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ni6htmare01

@Solaryellow said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

NX? Will still count in this Gen right?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ant_17

@ni6htmare01 said:
@Solaryellow said:
@ni6htmare01 said:

NX? Will still count in this Gen right?

No , thats nex gen.

Meaning Nintendo is going in the 9th gen.

8th gen went by so fast.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Xbone is doomed forever

Ur funny dude.

Salt_The_Fries -----> GS´ SW jester. LOL.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

yup europe keeping sony alive single handidly...

i cant talk though because japan is doing the same for nintendo.

i think sony releasing the ps1 and ps2 in ALL countries around the world gained them all those fans.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

i think sony releasing the ps1 and ps2 in ALL countries around the world gained them all those fans.

LOL, nintendo is basically dead when it comes to consoles.

Wii U is doing sh*t in Japan...although they're doing ULITMA SH*T in the rest of the world.

LOL nintendo.

Btw did you like E3? LOOOOOOL

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ant_17

@KBFloYd said:

Didn't the og Xbox release worldwide of its release?

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

What is this "niche" that they fall in? They have no hold on a single genre or aspect of the industry anymore. COD (their identity) went to playstation.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:
@KBFloYd said:

LOL, nintendo is basically dead when it comes to consoles.

Wii U is doing sh*t in Japan...although they're doing ULITMA SH*T in the rest of the world.

LOL nintendo.

Btw did you like E3? LOOOOOOL

nintendo has more systems sold this gen... accept it dude....

your little ps4 console pales to the 3DS...

@Ant_17 said:
@KBFloYd said:

Didn't the og Xbox release worldwide of its release?

no

doesnt matter ps1 and ps2 were already released by that time.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

I swear some of you act like the xbox one isn't selling at all. It might not be selling as well as the ps4 but it is still selling good and will get the majority of multiplatform games as well as their own exclusives.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Yeah MS never had a chance in the Asian markets and going into this gen they had a slight chance in Europe but the bad start pretty much killed them there. They can only compete and win in the U.S. which is what you can see they are focusing on. I enjoy my Xbox and have been playing it to death over the years since launch so as long as MS keeps upgrading and and coming with the games I love, I'll continue to support it. Only console I've given up on is the Wii U, if it wasn't for Smash, I would have never bought it.