XBOMBA: MS officially cut XBONE price in UK

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by -Damien- (5242 posts) -
#2 Posted by tormentos (16820 posts) -
#3 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3767 posts) -

Tituhfuhh's such a system seller they cut the price and threw the game in for free.

Sucks for you early adopters, but that's what happens when you willingly and happily eat shit.

#4 Posted by stereointegrity (10700 posts) -

Still overpriced

#5 Posted by MonsieurX (29264 posts) -

Consumers win, cows lose

#6 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8453 posts) -

Early adopters lose again.

#7 Edited by -Damien- (5242 posts) -

still too high, lower it to 299 and PS4 included

#8 Edited by aroxx_ab (9221 posts) -

Hahaha wonder how all those day1 lemz feel now when there will not be any compensation offered to them....:P

#9 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3677 posts) -

hahhahahaha i cant help but laugh at stupid lems. sales must have been bombing hard as many have said. do the people that have already bought x1 feel pissed? new buyers save a whopping £80 haha m$ slapping its loyal fanbase right in the face. u deserve it lems

#10 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3677 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

still too high, lower it to 299 and PS4 included

i think m$ should bundle ps4 with every x1 if they truly want to get back in the console war

#11 Posted by -Damien- (5242 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

Hahaha wonder how all those day1 lemz feel now when there will not be any compensation offered to them....:P

yup! day 1 lemms got boned

#12 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3677 posts) -
#13 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3767 posts) -

They must have seen Rayman Legends not chart in the UK on the Bone and pull the trigger.

Only 25 quid off is a bit funny too.

#14 Posted by gameofthering (10101 posts) -

That was fast.

#15 Posted by emgesp (2041 posts) -

Makes sense. The PS4 has sold over twice as many consoles than the XB1 in the UK.

#16 Posted by IamAdorable (402 posts) -

Nice!

#17 Edited by finalstar2007 (24899 posts) -

Watch lems now say there is no such thing as naked sales now that titanfall bundled with every system lmao

#18 Edited by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

Feeling a bit ripped off right now. Paid £430 at launch, barely played it since then and now it's £400 with TitanFall included (have TitanFall preordered for £40) so basically £70 rip off. MS better announce something for us Day 1 buyers.

#19 Posted by Effec_Tor (231 posts) -

I was told titnafall would be a system seller.

#20 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27328 posts) -

Watch lems now say there is no such thing as naked sales now that titanfall bundled with every system lmao

Watch cows say that bundled sales don't count :P

Everyone loves a dose of hypocrisy on SW!

#21 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3677 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

Feeling a bit ripped off right now. Paid £430 at launch, barely played it since then and now it's £400 with TitanFall included (have TitanFall preordered for £40) so basically £70 rip off. MS better announce something for us Day 1 buyers.

honestly i have no sympathy for early x1 buyers AT ALL. i told u all sales will bomb so just wait for price cut and BAM here it is. this will piss a lot of people off though because most early adopters bought x1 in anticipation for titanfall haha m$ slapping their fanbase.

#22 Edited by finalstar2007 (24899 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Watch cows say that bundled sales don't count :P

Everyone loves a dose of hypocrisy on SW!

cows will do it since lems done it with killzone calling it naked sales being different from bundled sales lol

#23 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42586 posts) -
#24 Posted by tormentos (16820 posts) -

How much is the price cut decision driven by Xbox One's current sales performance in the UK?

It's not driven necessarily by our sales performance. In fact, we're very happy with our sales performance. Xbox One has been the most successful Xbox launch we've ever done. I think we've seen both consoles be very successful in the UK commercially. I think that's great for the industry.

And the usual PR that goes side by side with the desperation move,hahaha but but is not driven by our sales we are MS we love to slash prices as fast...lol

Just so you know the first original xbox price drop happen after 6 months of the units been out,on may 2002.

This price drop comes 3 months after the unit launch and includes a game which didn't happen with the original xbox either.

Just for laughs

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/07/its-official-xbox-360-price-drop-coming-this-wednesday/

For almost 2 years,624 days to be exact....

Sales are on the floor and MS knows it..lol

#25 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2031 posts) -
#26 Posted by finalstar2007 (24899 posts) -
#27 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

Consumers win, cows lose

This.

A price drop is what the One needed, and doing it without taking out Kinect and on the eve of Titanfall is brilliant business. If something isnt working you can't be so prideful and big-headed you you won't change tactics. This is a damn smart move. MS, do it for the US too, pack in Titanfall and you have a damn good winner.

#28 Posted by 2mrw (4957 posts) -

It only shows that MS is cornered .

#29 Edited by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

honestly i have no sympathy for early x1 buyers AT ALL. i told u all sales will bomb so just wait for price cut and BAM here it is. this will piss a lot of people off though because most early adopters bought x1 in anticipation for titanfall haha m$ slapping their fanbase.

Yeah guess I should have waited, I bought it because I never expected the price drop so quick......and the inclusion of TitanFall for free lol

#30 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3677 posts) -

Well, PS4 and Wii U selling at loss while Xbox One sells at profit. Microsoft has no problem to cut price because they make profit on every Xbox while Sony and Nintendo losing money.

In my country PS4 costs 400 euros, Xbox one 590 euros. So there you go.

and how do u know x1 sells at profit? i know u are stupid but damn it dont be so niave. all console makers make a loss from the hardware especially considering m$ was offering fifa for free in europe. u think ea just gave that game to them? what about the marketing costs? all u ever see are x1 adverts and they are still getting demolished.

#31 Posted by l34052 (3118 posts) -

Still wouldnt be enough to make me buy one. MS have permanently alienated themselves with me im afraid after all of the shit they tried to pull before a global uproar forced them to change policies and the fact you STILL have to use their spycam with the damn thing.

I really dont care if the bone sinks and is never seen again myself, take MS with it and the world would be a better place for it.

#32 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

How much is the price cut decision driven by Xbox One's current sales performance in the UK?

It's not driven necessarily by our sales performance. In fact, we're very happy with our sales performance. Xbox One has been the most successful Xbox launch we've ever done. I think we've seen both consoles be very successful in the UK commercially. I think that's great for the industry.

And the usual PR that goes side by side with the desperation move,hahaha but but is not driven by our sales we are MS we love to slash prices as fast...lol

Just so you know the first original xbox price drop happen after 6 months of the units been out,on may 2002.

This price drop comes 3 months after the unit launch and includes a game which didn't happen with the original xbox either.

Just for laughs

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/07/its-official-xbox-360-price-drop-coming-this-wednesday/

They aren't on the floor and the sales are nearly 4 million. But this is smart business. PS3 needed a sales cut, got one, and in the long term got back into the race. Sometimes the sales drop is needed. What I am most happy about is this came without removing Kinect. Long-term that will play dividends.

#33 Edited by Desmonic (13192 posts) -

As a consumer: F*ckin awesome! More of that MS! Sony and Ninty, take the hint and do the same :P

From a more business oriented perspective: They must be really desperate with the current numbers to pull a big card like this (price cut + game bundle) so soon after launch. Though at least it shows they are willing to give it their best!

#34 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42586 posts) -

@tormentos: Quite a few at GAF are saying the original Xbox received a price drop the first month of release. You have proof to the contrary?

#35 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3677 posts) -

@shawn30 said:
@tormentos said:

Just for laughs

They aren't on the floor and the sales are nearly 4 million. But this is smart business. PS3 needed a sales cut, got one, and in the long term got back into the race. Sometimes the sales drop is needed. What I am most happy about is this came without removing Kinect. Long-term that will play dividends.

hahhaha shawn how are u doing pal? everything ok? face it, m$ are cornered. and where did u get 4m sales from? they are around 3.3m and bombing hard all over the place. if it was selling well they wouldnt cut the price so early. they are literally giving away titanfall begging people to buy x1 haha its hilarious

#37 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42586 posts) -
#38 Posted by Telekill (4348 posts) -

I can't believe the price dropped that quick. And I thought the 3DS price drop was quick. This doesn't look good for Microsoft but the price drop with the system's most anticipated game packed in should indeed sell systems.

I feel sorry for the early adopters. I hope you guys get some kind of compensation.

#39 Edited by hoyalawya (342 posts) -

Cool. This should move Xbox 1 consoles in the UK.

#40 Edited by Tlgersuperman (87 posts) -

Those who are saying that a price cut in the U.K. fairly equal to the U.S. price and not making them pay more for the same system are pretty much morons.

@l34052 said:

Still wouldnt be enough to make me buy one. MS have permanently alienated themselves with me im afraid after all of the shit they tried to pull before a global uproar forced them to change policies and the fact you STILL have to use their spycam with the damn thing.

I really dont care if the bone sinks and is never seen again myself, take MS with it and the world would be a better place for it.

You don't have to use Kinect at all.

#41 Posted by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

As a Xbox gamer, the best Microsoft is a back-against-the-wall going for broke Microsoft as they will do anything to right the ship and produce. That's a win-win in every way. The PS3 spotted the 360 a 10 million lead, debuted at t0o high a price and had no compelling software for nearly 2 years. They dropped the price cause they had too, produced the compelling software and just kept going. MS will execute the same plan, but with more money behind it, lol. Not saying the One will win this gen, but they will do very well with a overall (eventual) price cut and more games like Titanfall, Halo 5, and Gears of War 4.

#42 Edited by AzatiS (7157 posts) -

Now lems will clap for M$ !! Praise them how good of company they are where they listen to customers and more craps like that. I bet on that .. for the record though 399 sterlings is like 600 $ more or less !! Super cut , pathetic M$ !!

#43 Posted by Shewgenja (8351 posts) -

@Harisemo said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

#44 Edited by Desmonic (13192 posts) -

It's odd that they are just making this for the UK though.... are the numbers there that bad they feel they must act there first and foremost? O.o?

#45 Edited by tormentos (16820 posts) -

@tormentos: Quite a few at GAF are saying the original Xbox received a price drop the first month of release. You have proof to the contrary?

Na that is based on a horribly done IGN article about the most controversial price drops..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1936791.stm

From 299 pounds to 199 pounds April 18 2002.

5 months after launch in US.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/3066/Xbox-Drops-to-199/

May 23 2002 from $299 to $199.

6 months after the launch in US.

The only the price calculation make sense is if they are counting from the UK launch date which was in March 2002,but the console already was 5 months old by that time.

#46 Posted by Tlgersuperman (87 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

It's odd that they are just making this for the UK though.... are the numbers there that bad they feel they must act there first and foremost? O.o?

Use math, they are basically charging the same price in the UK for the consoles as other countries without them paying more. The numbers in the U.K. at the moment are nowhere near bad. You are confused with the Wii U.

#47 Edited by Animal-Mother (26420 posts) -

I'm hopin $450 in the US.

#48 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3677 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

let me put it this way, when i went to GAME the other week there was a crowd of few people around the ps4 and not one person around x1. last we heard ps4 was nearly double the x1 sales in uk which is m$ 2nd stronghold and looking at the software chart ps4/360 dominate so m$ under huge pressure right now

#49 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42586 posts) -

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Na that is based on a horribly done IGN article about the most controversial price drops..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/1936791.stm

From 299 pounds to 199 pounds April 18 2002.

5 months after launch in US.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/3066/Xbox-Drops-to-199/

May 23 2002 from $299 to $199.

6 months after the launch in US.

The only the price calculation make sense is if they are counting from the UK launch date which was in March 2002,but the console already was 5 months old by that time.

Why wouldn't they be counting otherwise? That's the only way to do it -- Ii the PS4 launched in Japan, sold poorly, received a price drop in a month just for Japan, that doesn't say anything? Derp.

#50 Posted by Shewgenja (8351 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

It was the 360s second strongest territory and the XBone was running out of gas pretty bad there.