XBL Games with Gold for March

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@lostrib said:

Personally, i think PS+ is the better value as a service, especially since I bought a PS3 at the end of the gen

Its a better service without question as far as value goes but my main point was that it took a long time before it got good. It was a joke for its first 2 years when compared to XBL

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Id like to ask everyone to please limit your quote chains

@princessgomez92 said:

I'll stick with my Darksiders and Dirt 3, thanks.

You're welcome.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@lostrib said:

Personally, i think PS+ is the better value as a service, especially since I bought a PS3 at the end of the gen

Its a better service without question as far as value goes but my main point was that it took a long time before it got good. It was a joke for its first 2 years when compared to XBL

True, but I would say having seen PS+ in it's current form and having such a large catalogue of games available on the 360, MS is not doing a very good job of bringing compelling games to Games with Gold

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mems_1224

@lostrib said:

@mems_1224 said:

@lostrib said:

True, but I would say having seen PS+ in it's current form and having such a large catalogue of games available on the 360, MS is not doing a very good job of bringing compelling games to Games with Gold

They aren't but if they want to compete with Sony they're going to have to change eventually.

LightEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 LightEffect
Member since 2012 • 63 Posts

They need some newer games to give out. Their service isn't better anymore so Xbox better step it up.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@lostrib said:

@handssss said:

@lostrib said:

@handssss said:

@lostrib said:

@handssss said:

@lostrib said:

@mems_1224 said:

@handssss: funny cause PS+ launched in june of 2010 and sleeping dogs came out august 2012. same for some of the other games in your pic. nice try though.

if you look, it actually gives the year. those games are for June 2012-may 2013

just pulled em off of this.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/28/celebrating-1-year-of-the-playstation-plus-instant-game-collection/

tbh, I was curious myself as to what the first batch of free ps+ games are since I didn't get it until around last June.

if there were others before this, by all means, show me them.

From that link:

"This week PS Plus has reached a milestone: the one year anniversary of the Instant Game Collection!

PlayStation Plus has been around for three years now"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(North_America)

Looks like the games didn't start being good until later 2012 and early 2013

But isn't instant games collection for all intents and purposes the very thing we are trying to discuss here?

considering your response was to this "PS+ was complete shit for about a year and a half before it got good." i would go with no

the instant game collection just means there are always 12 games instantly available when your membership starts, with 2 or so games that cycle monthly. But PS+ always had the free games cycling monthly, prior to the Instant game collection

Oh, if that's the case, then alright. No, I went to see what the first batch of ps+ games was and all I kept running into was this picture. Any time there's an announcement now, they called instant games collection updates, so I thought that was just part of plus that handles the games. Aside from that, all I really know about plus is that it gave ps3 cloud saves and some magazine thing I don't even think runs anymore. Oh and the trials and demos, but all that wasn't pertaining to getting free games.

I'm gonna agree. Regardless of free games, I just see it as a better value when looking at the some of its parts and that you don't need it to use non-gaming services.

I was an Xbox Live Gold member since 2004 and got a 360 in Feb 2006. Ps3 That Christmas. By the time I got plus, there was already stuff like Saints Row 3 to download (which was a total blast to just download and play for no additional charge) but I always found it nice that it was an optional service for the system. Even as a service you need to use most of the games on multiplayer for on ps4 (which I never even played MP on ps3 anyways since I only played MP on Xbox since all my friends only owned 360s) it's at least appreciated to not have to pay if I wanted to mess around on some MP f2p games and I don't have to pay Sony to use netflix or Hulu. Still waiting on that HBO:Go app though.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

Will download since its free and ive always wanted to try it, but MS has to step it up. PSN could afford to suck because it was the first of its kind on consoles. MS has no excuse as they have competition.............and he competition is offering better games regularly.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58  Edited By millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Another weak month for Game for Gold. PS is so much better.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

"Xbox, step it up".

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Its amazing how the $60 people are paying for XBL ( which is $10 higher than PS+ ) isnt giving them any good games, seriously whats up with the terrible game selections? i understand MS are copying PS+ but at least do it the way PS+ is doing it.

PS+ was complete shit for about a year and a half before it got good.

So that gives Microsoft an excuse to be shit now? Then again you said Xflop never copies Sony yet here we are.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

When your Gold runs out can you still play the games? I know with PS+ you can't play the "free" games if you don't continue to pay for the subscription.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

@speedfreak48t5p said:

Good thing I stopped paying for Gold months ago.

You made the right choice.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Damn... that's terrible. Blegh.

Starting to regret activating my Xbox Gold account last month. Should have waited. Barely played online much lately but hoped the free games would improve... and they became worse. *sigh*

Rather have my $60 back to be honest.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#64 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

The XBL needs 10 years at least to match the PSN offers.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#65 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Awesome to see Revolution. I played it long ago using Game fly but never bought it. It's always been kinda pricey as well so awesome to see that.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mems_1224

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

Its amazing how the $60 people are paying for XBL ( which is $10 higher than PS+ ) isnt giving them any good games, seriously whats up with the terrible game selections? i understand MS are copying PS+ but at least do it the way PS+ is doing it.

PS+ was complete shit for about a year and a half before it got good.

So that gives Microsoft an excuse to be shit now? Then again you said Xflop never copies Sony yet here we are.

Proof? i dont recall ever saying that.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#67  Edited By heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@heretrix said:

@finalstar2007 said:

PSN+'s greatness is a recent phenomenon. It was complete shit when it first launched and occasionally with March's selection it can still be shit.

seriously what is wrong with u lems? the standard has been set, either m$ match it or get ridiculed. simple as. just like lems pointed to xbl superiority over psn last gen the same sh't gets said here. no excuses, up your game

I'm not making any excuses for MS. PSN+ was shit when it started and it got better, so there is a chance that MS can do better in the long run. And what is it with this lem bullshit? I have never shied away from saying that I think PSN+ is great, it wasn't always like that and occasionally it still isn't.