XB1 gpu able to do parallel gpu compute and rendering....

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#251  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos: So again, Aqua Kitty is a system selling game? What about Rygar? Again...

WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT THE NEXT 6-8 MONTHS, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT HOW YOU ARE USING GAMES LIKE "AQUA KITTY" TO TRY AND SAY THE PS4 HAS A BIGGER LIBRARY.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#252 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

AMD PRT was initially designed for OpenGL workstation applications with fast RAID array setups.

Trial Fusion shows direct HDD to VRAM on consoles shows texture pop in issues i.e. there's a mismatch with console's storage selection or the size of the texture stream. AMD PRT looks nice on paper and doesn't look nice when it's coupled with a slow HDD. We'll see how Doom 4 overcomes console's storage issues or it's another texture pop in issue game title.

MS's 9 GB Tiled Resource demo doesn't have to worry about HDD issues since it's streaming textures from faster main memory to fastest/smaller VRAM. Remember, fast/smaller VRAM is being use as a cache and cache hit rates are important. Notice CPU has several level of cache e.g. level 1, level 2 and level 3. My point, use DDR3 as lesser level cache below the faster/smaller VRAM. For PS4, there's no option but to use GDDR5 as a-look-ahead buffer. Again, Trial Fusion's texture pop ins shows the limit for direct slow HDD to VRAM streaming.

Trials uses Tile Resources on xbox one dude,are you blind i have been telling you all alone Trials is a Tile Resourced game it uses MS Tile Resources and still have textures pop in issues,you are assuming something and ignoring the facts presented to you the xbox one version of trials also have tile resources which is the same thing as PRT.

No matter what textures don't come build in inside DDR3,they have to be loaded into DDR3 to be able to move into ESRAM,they load from the HDD into DRR3 then to ESRAM it is like this.

HDD>DDR3>ESRAM. on xbox one.

HDD>GDDR5 on PS4 how in hell you believe that the former is faster than the later is beyond logic.

Specially when DDR3 is way slower than GDDR5 handling those textures.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#253 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

Give it rest el tormentos, are you that afraid that the X1 actually might be able to something better then PS4? Who cares...... we all know that the PS4 has the better gpu so it can supply a minor to moderately better graphical experience then the X1.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#255  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@slimdogmilionar:

PS4's effective memory bandwidth

A long time ago (year June 2013), I posted the following

AMD Radeon HD 5870 has theoretical 153 GB/s with a 108 GB/s practical i.e. 70.5 percent efficient.

If we apply 70.5 percent efficiency on 176 GB/s, it would yield 124 GB/s. My estimates on PS4's effective memory bandwidth was close.