XB1 and PS4. Pack in games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

I think they both will.
Sony will only have one with an Eyetoy bundle.
Microsoft will have one in every box. Some type of party game to show off the new Kinect tech.

I wish it was like the old systems when it was something good. Mario and Sonic? I just think they are too greedy these days to give you a AAA product with every system.

#2 Posted by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -
Sony got all those free 2 play games too.
#3 Posted by darkspineslayer (19541 posts) -
Man, I remember when pack in games were the norm. I got my GBA with Pokemon Silver, and my Gamecube with Mario Kart Double Dash. Good times, good times.
#4 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18360 posts) -
I'm interested to see what Sony will offer up with PS+... lots of free games guaranteed.
#5 Posted by Kaz4president (165 posts) -
Planetside 2 and DC universe online and Killzone Shadow Fall....All i damn need for launch.
#6 Posted by Basinboy (11052 posts) -

I disagree.  Sony's already got F2P games available at launch and I suspect MS will too.

#7 Posted by Basinboy (11052 posts) -
Man, I remember when pack in games were the norm. I got my GBA with Pokemon Silver, and my Gamecube with Mario Kart Double Dash. Good times, good times.darkspineslayer
Pack-ins are the norm as generations develop, just not with launch SKUs.
#8 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3685 posts) -

I doubt either will have a pack in unless they are camera related, however, it would be awesome to see SOCOM packaged with the PS4 and Killer Instinct packaged with the X1... :P won't happen, but it would be awesome.

#9 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -
E3 is what will convince me to get one of the three. Will it be Nintendo? X1? PS4? Stay tuned as I will make a thread for it and I know everyone's dying of anticipation to know who I go with next gen.
#10 Posted by jsmoke03 (12743 posts) -

i hope not....i havent enjoyed a pack in game since the snes/sega games

#11 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
Pretty much all those f2p games are there at launch. Planetside 2 DC Universe Online Warframe etc..
#12 Posted by lamprey263 (23112 posts) -
not until later in the generation I'd imagine
#13 Posted by SolidTy (42429 posts) -

E3 is what will convince me to get one of the three. Will it be Nintendo? X1? PS4? Stay tuned as I will make a thread for it and I know everyone's dying of anticipation to know who I go with next gen.percech

Xbox One. There, I saved you a thread. :P

#14 Posted by LostProphetFLCL (17139 posts) -

Man, I remember when pack in games were the norm. I got my GBA with Pokemon Silver, and my Gamecube with Mario Kart Double Dash. Good times, good times.darkspineslayer

A GBA WITH Pokemon Silver? All you need then is Pokemon Gold and you were.......golden. :P

#15 Posted by bobbetybob (19171 posts) -
I got my WiiU with ZombiU, Nintendo knows where it's at man.
#16 Posted by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -
Rumor X1 is getting Hawken.
#17 Posted by SolidTy (42429 posts) -

It will knock the price up, so I'm okay with no pack in game.

The Xbone for instance already is packing in Kinect 2 HD One or whatever they call it. I already don't like the idea of paying for that thing. I feel the same if the Eyetoy 3 is included.

I did read that Sony will be having SIX free to play online games for PS4 at launch, for those consumers that have online.

DC Universe Online, War Thunder, Blacklight: Retribution, Dust514, SOEs Massive FPS Planetside 2, and Digital Extremes co-op shoot em up ninja MMO Warframe.

#18 Posted by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -
I really thought at the Sony press conference three months ago that they said the PS Eye is included in the box for every PS4.
#19 Posted by Slashkice (13048 posts) -

It'd be smart to have Planetside 2 or something preinstalled on the PS4. I don't expect a retail pack-in from Sony. Nor Microsoft for that matter.

#20 Posted by Zaibach (13444 posts) -

Dear TC, please stop tarring Sony and Nintendo with the same Xbone brush, you know nothing.

#21 Posted by PAL360 (26704 posts) -

Apparently every PS4 will come with Planetside 2, Warframe, War Thunder and DC Universe.

#22 Posted by Kaz4president (165 posts) -

Apparently every PS4 will come with Planetside 2, Warframe, War Thunder and DC Universe.

PAL360
Pre-installed? I mean I heard those were announced, but pre-installed into every ps4???? What does sony want to absolutely DESTROY the xbox one at launch? Because thats a good way too.
#23 Posted by PAL360 (26704 posts) -

Pre-installed? I mean I heard those were announced, but pre-installed into every ps4???? What does sony want to absolutely DESTROY the xbox one at launch? Because thats a good way too. Kaz4president

Not sure about that. It doesn't matter, though, they will be free at launch!

#24 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1691 posts) -

[QUOTE="PAL360"]

Kaz4president

Pre-installed? I mean I heard those were announced, but pre-installed into every ps4???? What does sony want to absolutely DESTROY the xbox one at launch? Because thats a good way too.

you download them free o.o

#25 Posted by Senor_Kami (8330 posts) -
Both systems will launch with F2P games.
#26 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -
Both systems will launch with F2P games.Senor_Kami
I meant the good ole fashioned retail disc games. Of course I wrote this last night a bit buzzed and it did not occur to me the XB1 had to be online to play the damn thing. Good Lord Sony is loaded with F2P on launch. Bravo to them.
#27 Posted by RR360DD (11602 posts) -
Well no doubt there will be F2P games on the Xbox (already is on the PS4) 360 came with a pack-in game too, so I hope the next consoles do.
#28 Posted by Senor_Kami (8330 posts) -
[QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]Both systems will launch with F2P games.timbers_WSU
I meant the good ole fashioned retail disc games. Of course I wrote this last night a bit buzzed and it did not occur to me the XB1 had to be online to play the damn thing. Good Lord Sony is loaded with F2P on launch. Bravo to them.

There is extreme irony in being bothered by X1 being online then praising sony for launching with F2P games. Good luck in trying to play your massively multiplayer ONLINE game without being online.
#29 Posted by Mandingo101 (2316 posts) -
[QUOTE="timbers_WSU"][QUOTE="Senor_Kami"]Both systems will launch with F2P games.Senor_Kami

There is extreme irony in being bothered by X1 being online then praising sony for launching with F2P games. Good luck in trying to play your massively multiplayer ONLINE game without being online.

Not ironic at all, considering F2P MMO are by nature, online only. You should be able to play Killzone or Infamous single player offline just fine when tired of MMO.