X360's Oblivion Got it's 'Best' Tag Stripped....

• 192 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 A2D
Member since 2005 • 4658 Posts
PC version should be the best due to mods etc. however good on the PS3 getting the best tag by stealing it from the 360 version :P
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#152 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
I'll try to remember that when Shivering Isles comes out next week. Have fun playing through a game I've had all year!
tcc024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 tcc024
Member since 2003 • 197 Posts
I'm sure they will... why would they care if you've already played it?   You have fun playing a game that looks way better on my PC :P
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#154 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]Whoopsies.... :)jiggawho2006
9.6 > 9.5 TC pwned

+ 360 has downloadable conent and an expansion pack.PS3 doesn't .PS Nice argument KeyWii ....how much did it take you to come up with it.
lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts
I'm sure they will... why would they care if you've already played it?   You have fun playing a game that looks way better on my PC :Ptcc024
I could play it on my PC... I chose not to. I don't feel like hooking up my PC to my TV, as I would have to move it back to my desk every time I needed to get some work done.
-The-G-Man-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 -The-G-Man-
Member since 2007 • 6414 Posts

Do they still use "best" tags? I don't see it on review pages.....maybe I'm blind.fuzzysquash

Yeah, I was wondering about that.

Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts
9.5 isn't bad for some table scraps. 360 owners had the whole meal last year. enjoy your $600 leftovers Sucka!
klabut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 klabut
Member since 2006 • 3264 Posts

1.It's a year old port

2.1up stated the 360 version would get a graphical update

3.It has performance issues unlike the 360 version

Calvin200669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Calvin200669
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts

The PS3 got Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion a year later, usually ports that come out later don't score very good. The loading times and graphics are what made it better.

gunnz4hire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 gunnz4hire
Member since 2003 • 476 Posts

Let me bottom-line this for you ignorant cows:  PS3 scored 9.5 FULLY OPTIMIZED and with a full year of extra development time AND Knights of the Nine as an addition.  360 scored 9.6 WITHOUT the recent patch AND WITHOUT any of the expansion packs.  Figure the recent patch is worth at least a .1 and the expansion packs (including Shivering Isles) is worth AT LEAST another .1 (for value), that makes the score 360=9.8 -9.9, PS3=9.5.

Cows, you lose.  Again.  Royally. 

DA_B0MB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 DA_B0MB
Member since 2005 • 9938 Posts
Whoopsies.... :)KeyWii
You are so annoying on so many levels. You realize how miniscule this is right?...
Heith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Heith
Member since 2003 • 1231 Posts
Whoopsies.... :)KeyWii
Listen.. KeyWii.. Xbox 360's Oblivion got a 9.6 rating.  PS3's Oblivion got a 9.5 rating.  That's not even including the update the 360's version got, so it would go up to a 9.7.  9.7>9.5.  Get over it.  You cannot win as long as you back the PS3.  Even the french launch only sold 50 PS3's out of 1000 at the launch party.  What a joke..
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
Lemmings were saying Oblivion for the PS3 wouldn't even get AAA because it came out a year later, instead, it got .1 lower score over some little detail that would allow Lemmings to save face and cling onto some little minor point. You got your best tag removed.... this means, you're no longer the best.
Avatar image for The_Real_Napster
The_Real_Napster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 The_Real_Napster
Member since 2003 • 185 Posts

9.6 > 9.5 TC pwned

Wow, one tenth of a point isn't really that big of a difference and in no way owns the other. And besides, the extra point was for SOUND. Who cares? 

Avatar image for The_Real_Napster
The_Real_Napster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 The_Real_Napster
Member since 2003 • 185 Posts

[QUOTE="KeyWii"]Whoopsies.... :)Heith
Listen.. KeyWii.. Xbox 360's Oblivion got a 9.6 rating. PS3's Oblivion got a 9.5 rating. That's not even including the update the 360's version got, so it would go up to a 9.7. 9.7>9.5. Get over it. You cannot win as long as you back the PS3. Even the french launch only sold 50 PS3's out of 1000 at the launch party. What a joke..

Ok, if you get to make your own scores, then Resistance scored a 9.8. TLHBO :P 

Heith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Heith
Lemmings were saying Oblivion for the PS3 wouldn't even get AAA because it came out a year later, instead, it got .1 lower score over some little detail that would allow Lemmings to save face and cling onto some little minor point. You got your best tag removed.... this means, you're no longer the best.KeyWii
You seem to be contradicting yourself, because even you are able to comprehend 9.6>9.5 apparently, but it doesn't seem that you can admit that 360's is better, when it has to be, because it was rated higher.. wtf do you have a mental deficiency? 
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]Lemmings were saying Oblivion for the PS3 wouldn't even get AAA because it came out a year later, instead, it got .1 lower score over some little detail that would allow Lemmings to save face and cling onto some little minor point. You got your best tag removed.... this means, you're no longer the best.Heith
You seem to be contradicting yourself, because even you are able to comprehend 9.6>9.5 apparently, but it doesn't seem that you can admit that 360's is better, when it has to be, because it was rated higher.. wtf do you have a mental deficiency?

Higher rated game does not necessarily mean better game. Especially when we're comparing games from 2 different time periods. If X360 was still the best version where did it's tag go? And people who bring up downloadable content and achievements....? Those things are coming to the PS3 version, so if you want to argue patching content, PS3 will be the best version when it has all that stuff, right?
TheWalrusBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#168 TheWalrusBeast
Member since 2005 • 1820 Posts
It's not like the PS3 version has the "Best" tag either :roll:
Heith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Heith
[QUOTE="Heith"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]Lemmings were saying Oblivion for the PS3 wouldn't even get AAA because it came out a year later, instead, it got .1 lower score over some little detail that would allow Lemmings to save face and cling onto some little minor point. You got your best tag removed.... this means, you're no longer the best.KeyWii

Higher rated game does not necessarily mean better game. Especially when we're comparing games from 2 different time periods. If X360 was still the best version where did it's tag go? And people who bring up downloadable content and achievements....? Those things are coming to the PS3 version, so if you want to argue patching content, PS3 will be the best version when it has all that stuff, right?

The DC coming to 360 was included with PS3's oblivion at launch.  It does have it's best gamer tag because 9.6 is a higher rating than a 9.5.  It's crazy, too, because Bethesda even had a year to make it better, but because of the PS3's inferior hardware, they just couldn't.  Get over it, the PS3 is inferior and always will be.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="Heith"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]Lemmings were saying Oblivion for the PS3 wouldn't even get AAA because it came out a year later, instead, it got .1 lower score over some little detail that would allow Lemmings to save face and cling onto some little minor point. You got your best tag removed.... this means, you're no longer the best.Heith

The DC coming to 360 was included with PS3's oblivion at launch. It does have it's best gamer tag because 9.6 is a higher rating than a 9.5. It's crazy, too, because Bethesda even had a year to make it better, but because of the PS3's inferior hardware, they just couldn't. Get over it, the PS3 is inferior and always will be.

Denial! X360 lost its best tag, go look for yourself, and bid it a fond farewell. By the way, let me redirect you to this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferiority_complex
Heith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Heith
[QUOTE="Heith"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="Heith"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]Lemmings were saying Oblivion for the PS3 wouldn't even get AAA because it came out a year later, instead, it got .1 lower score over some little detail that would allow Lemmings to save face and cling onto some little minor point. You got your best tag removed.... this means, you're no longer the best.KeyWii

The DC coming to 360 was included with PS3's oblivion at launch. It does have it's best gamer tag because 9.6 is a higher rating than a 9.5. It's crazy, too, because Bethesda even had a year to make it better, but because of the PS3's inferior hardware, they just couldn't. Get over it, the PS3 is inferior and always will be.

Denial! X360 lost its best tag, go look for yourself, and bid it a fond farewell. By the way, let me redirect you to this. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inferiority_complex

You make a topic like this, and redirect me to that?  Maybe it's you that should be checking out that link...
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 MegaPigeon
Member since 2007 • 1726 Posts
And the funny thing is, the same applies with every game on GS....they've got rid of the 'best' tag altogether. You're feeble attempt at ownage has failed miserably.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
And the funny thing is, the same applies with every game on GS....they've got rid of the 'best' tag altogether. You're feeble attempt at ownage has failed miserably.MegaPigeon
Damn
atmk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 atmk
Member since 2004 • 1688 Posts
Oblivion on 360 will always be the better version than the ps3.
atmk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 atmk
Member since 2004 • 1688 Posts

Lets make this so even a caveman can understand it

9.6>9.5 :shock:

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="Heith"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="Heith"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]Lemmings were saying Oblivion for the PS3 wouldn't even get AAA because it came out a year later, instead, it got .1 lower score over some little detail that would allow Lemmings to save face and cling onto some little minor point. You got your best tag removed.... this means, you're no longer the best.Heith

You make a topic like this, and redirect me to that? Maybe it's you that should be checking out that link...

Read your post, you said the PS3 was the inferior console twice, in a very short paragraph. I haven't said anything about the X360 being the inferior console in this whole thread.
Heith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Heith
[QUOTE="Heith"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="Heith"][QUOTE="KeyWii"][QUOTE="Heith"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]Lemmings were saying Oblivion for the PS3 wouldn't even get AAA because it came out a year later, instead, it got .1 lower score over some little detail that would allow Lemmings to save face and cling onto some little minor point. You got your best tag removed.... this means, you're no longer the best.KeyWii

You make a topic like this, and redirect me to that? Maybe it's you that should be checking out that link...

Read your post, you said the PS3 was the inferior console twice, in a very short paragraph. I haven't said anything about the X360 being the inferior console in this whole thread.

Thats because the ps3 IS inferior, even you must know that, that's why you dont bring it up
kyleali11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 kyleali11
Member since 2006 • 11820 Posts

9.6 > 9.5 TC pwned

that doesnt mean anything, other games that scored lower gets the Best Tag sometimes 

TheWalrusBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179 TheWalrusBeast
Lets compare Call of duty 3, a game that came out for PS3 and X360 at the same time. On the X360 it got 8.8 but an 8.2 on the PS3 but there isn't a tag on the 360 version. Does that mean the 360 version isn't the best of them?
ninjaxams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 ninjaxams
Member since 2004 • 7500 Posts
[QUOTE="Happyphilter"]I LOLd in the way its funny when someone gets kicked in the balls. KeyWii
Microsoft and the 360 being the ones that got kicked in the balls.

your threads are a joke. please stop. its obvious you have zero clue WTF your talking about little kid.
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 DaysAirlines
I don't think anyone told KeyWii that there aren't anymore "best on" tags anymore.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182 KeyWii

I don't think anyone told KeyWii that there aren't anymore "best on" tags anymore.DaysAirlines
Yeah, there are. Look around and you'll find them.

Here's one. http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/princeofpersia2/index.html?q=Prince%20of%20Persia 

Avatar image for deactivated-645e897010df8
deactivated-645e897010df8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 deactivated-645e897010df8
Member since 2006 • 2491 Posts

KeyWii makes a fool of himself once again...

Let me guess, when Mass Effect is released you are magically going to disappear for the week.

TheWalrusBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 TheWalrusBeast
Well I didn't see the "Best" tag on the PS3 version, therefore the 360 version is clearly better :P
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 DaysAirlines
[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]I don't think anyone told KeyWii that there aren't anymore "best on" tags anymore.KeyWii

For example..?
jack244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 jack244
Member since 2003 • 282 Posts

Everyone here is acting pathetic. It's the same damn game guys. Every version has some kind of feature to make it equal.

Ps3 version - slightly better textures, better load times,has 16x AF, better LOD, slightly smoother frame rates, Knights of the Nine included.

360 version - out a year before the PS3 version, has a collectors edition, has 4x AA, better lighting and color contrast, lots of DLC (horse armor, theives den, orrery, wizards tower, mehrunes razor, spell tomes, the vile lair knights of the nine), plus it's getting Shivering Isles.

PC version - can have everything both the Ps3 and 360 versions have plus ALOT more.

StephenHu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#187 StephenHu
Member since 2003 • 2852 Posts

Everyone knows its best on the PC

"In terms of extras, the PC trumps both other versions because of a wealth of free player-created content."

thats if, you have a decent PC, which all modern PC gamers should all have anyways.

,but for those that don't, Oblivion is made on the PS3 and Xbox360 making it a gem that can be experienced by more people

ZuljinRaynor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#188 ZuljinRaynor
Member since 2005 • 1310 Posts
Finally that best tag got taken down. Should've been on the PC but I rather have none than the wrong one.
Private_Vegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Private_Vegas
Member since 2007 • 2783 Posts

[QUOTE="jiggawho2006"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]Whoopsies.... :)AntiType

9.6 > 9.5 TC pwned

PS3 has the best version, get over with it... 9.5 this year means much more then 9.6 last year. 

...........WHAT!? Please expalin your reasoning for that..... that hurt my soul to read.

Damare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Damare
Member since 2003 • 744 Posts

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]I don't think anyone told KeyWii that there aren't anymore "best on" tags anymore.KeyWii

Here's one. http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/princeofpersia2/index.html?q=Prince%20of%20Persia

Hey there Einstein... the PC is the best version by virtue of it's capability to scale to higher resolutions and framerates than either console can dream of. Not to mention the abundance of free content available, and the fact that it came out a year ago, and despite the awesome limitless power of the CELL :roffles: it looks marginally better than the 360 version and worse than the PC version. So whether the 360 version has a best tag or not is irrelevant, what's important is that the PS3 version never did and will never have it. :lol:
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#191 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
Well that's an interesting find, I'll give ya that.
But in my eyes........9.6 seems better than a 9.5 to me.
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 MegaPigeon

That's over 2 years old...... All of the new games don't have the tag
D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts
[QUOTE="Happyphilter"]I LOLd in the way its funny when someone gets kicked in the balls. KeyWii
Microsoft and the 360 being the ones that got kicked in the balls.

See that "new topic" button? Don't click that ever again.
KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 KeyWii
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]

[QUOTE="DaysAirlines"]I don't think anyone told KeyWii that there aren't anymore "best on" tags anymore.MegaPigeon

That's over 2 years old...... All of the new games don't have the tag

There are others, look for them. Just recently the X360 version of Oblivion had the best tag, now it does not. Undeniable fact.
MegaPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 MegaPigeon
[QUOTE="KeyWii"] There are others, look for them. Just recently the X360 version of Oblivion had the best tag, now it does not. Undeniable fact.

and the PC and PS3 versions don;t either. Undeniable fact. Really, the simple fact of you trying to use something as simple of 'best' tags not being used in next-gen games as ownage is really pathetic.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d560a230ad3c
deactivated-5d560a230ad3c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 deactivated-5d560a230ad3c
Member since 2004 • 1546 Posts
[QUOTE="CubeJL"][QUOTE="AntiType"][QUOTE="CubeJL"][QUOTE="AntiType"][QUOTE="CubeJL"][QUOTE="AntiType"]

[QUOTE="jiggawho2006"][QUOTE="KeyWii"]Whoopsies.... :)AntiType

9.6 > 9.5 TC pwned

PS3 has the best version, get over with it... 9.5 this year means much more then 9.6 last year.

"The PlayStation 3 version of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is every bit as impressive as the Xbox 360 and PC versions. However, this isn't necessarily the best version of the game. This version does come with the Knights of the Nine add-on, which will add about 10 hours of gameplay to the already lengthy game, but it doesn't come with any of the other downloadable additions made available on the Xbox 360."

Wrong again, folks.

PC version is best... so thats why it said it wasnt the best version. The reveiw did say that this games does indeed perform better thent he 360 version... and with the new content... it is a better deal.

As for the other 360 downloads... is it not going to be made for the PS3 version eventually? is this content you have to pay for?

Nice try. Read again...this time I have put it in bold. Notice the "360" in the final sentence?

As ironic as it is... I addressed that in MY bolded final sentance.

No no no. Don't try to back off your argument. You're trying to say the reviewer wasn't refering to the 360 version of the game when he says, "However, this isn't necessarily the best version of the game."

You're making me dizzy with all this spinning, sir.

Quotes aside... what the reveiwer is actually saying is that the PC version is better and that the 360 version has content not available on the PS3 version (yet? I dont know... it might come out)

The PS3 version according to the reveiw... performs and looks slightly better then the 360 version AND includes that mini-expansion.

Now you tell me which of the two console version sounds more appealing. 

Quotes aside?  The whole issue we're debating is whicih version is better.  In the quotes that I provided, the GS reviewer clearly states that the PS3 version is not necessarily the best version of the game due to the plethora of downloadable content available on the 360.  I have provided quotes, facts, and evidence.  You have provided opinions.

Valiant effort, but no soup for you.

Let's stick to the facts, please.