X360 Titanfall gameplay

• 64 results
#1 Posted by getyeryayasout (8497 posts) -

Here. Looks okay given the hardware limitations, but we won't really know how it plays until it launches. Personally I want to see it in person, but if it plays well I may be picking this up.

So SW, any interest in 7th gen Titanfall?

#2 Posted by _Matt_ (9430 posts) -

Lots of jaggies and frame rate looks awful.

That aside doesn't look too much different.

#3 Posted by sts106mat (20419 posts) -

there is a bigger difference in the quality of the graphics than i was expecting.

#4 Edited by finalstar2007 (25987 posts) -

This game gone quite way too fast.

#5 Edited by sts106mat (20419 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

link

#6 Posted by getyeryayasout (8497 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Bluepoint is promising "above" 30 fps. I think some of the jitter was the stream, coupled with the fact that the game's still not technically launched yet. I find it a little odd that a game of this magnitude releasing on MS's most prolific console is receiving such little push from MS. You can't help but feel like this game will get the red headed step-child treatment, but Bluepoint's other ports have been fantastic.

#7 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Quite what?

#8 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (9000 posts) -

Amazing game. I highly recommend this in the 360 if you are not gaming on THE ONE.

#9 Posted by Spartan070 (16380 posts) -

I'm sure it's great fun on 360 but if you are planning to get the One eventually but want to play Titanfall now, just make the plunge on one of these bundles. Massive difference.

#10 Edited by PyratRum (558 posts) -

I'll be getting Titanfall the 360 tomorrow as well.

Bluepoint Games have done nothing but great ports/HD Collections so I'm confident the 360 version will be up to par.

#11 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152412 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

@_Matt_ said:

Bluepoint is promising "above" 30 fps. I think some of the jitter was the stream, coupled with the fact that the game's still not technically launched yet. I find it a little odd that a game of this magnitude releasing on MS's most prolific console is receiving such little push from MS. You can't help but feel like this game will get the red headed step-child treatment, but Bluepoint's other ports have been fantastic.

The focus is the X1 now....the 360 is the past.

#12 Edited by Dire_Weasel (16206 posts) -

The Xbox 360 version looks much, much better than I expected. I'll see how many people on my friends are getting it and I might have to give it shot.

#13 Posted by SecretPolice (23555 posts) -

Sales tally for 360 version should be interesting but for me, I don't think I'd go the 360 route for this game.

#14 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7876 posts) -

The game is running on the Source engine, so it's not surprising at all that it looks good. It's a little bit surprising to me that the Xbone doesn't run it in 1080p, though.

#15 Posted by PAL360 (27301 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

I agree, but i thought you loved CoD :/

#16 Posted by Heil68 (47174 posts) -

Wow, that looked pretty bad,

#17 Posted by LanceX2 (312 posts) -

cows mad titanfall rank 3 in UK and infamous drop to 6th. Funny shit

#18 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16206 posts) -

@lancex2 said:

I think you posted this in the wrong thread.

#19 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Amazing game. I highly recommend this in the 360 if you are not gaming on THE ONE.

Sam here. Differences are here for certain, but the game looks good to be running on 7 year hardware.

#20 Posted by getyeryayasout (8497 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@getyeryayasout said:

@_Matt_ said:

They want to grow the X1 install base and are moving away from the 360, and this is sure a strong way to show it. I get that, but it seems like they're kinda leaving money on the table. Not really MS's M/O , or any company's really.

Then again, they probably figure that anyone who wants TF on whichever system is aware of it's existence, but that's here nor there. :D The 360's had a great run, it's just interesting to see the beginning of the end. The end of an era...(solitary tear)

#21 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152412 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@getyeryayasout said:

@_Matt_ said:

They want to grow the X1 install base and are moving away from the 360, and this is sure a strong way to show it. I get that, but it seems like they're kinda leaving money on the table. Not really MS's M/O , or any company's really.

Then again, they probably figure that anyone who wants TF on whichever system is aware of it's existence, but that's here nor there. :D The 360's had a great run, it's just interesting to see the beginning of the end. The end of an era...(solitary tear)

Not MS' MO? Once the 360 released...the Xbox wasn't given games and disappeared quickly. I think this gen they knew the cost and online components might create some problems so they haven't abandoned the 360 as quickly....but don't expect a ton of support for it either.

#22 Posted by Vatusus (5204 posts) -
@lancex2 said:

At least Infamous managed to be 1st two weaks in a row. Titanfall was only one in UK

#23 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16206 posts) -

FYI, amazon is offering a $15 gift card if you pre-order Xbox 360 Titanfall.

#24 Posted by getyeryayasout (8497 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: Good point. I owned the original Xbox and they dropped it like a hot potato. I wonder at what point in the future the X1 will start earning them more than the 360? As long as people are subscribing to XBL and are spending $$ in the marketplace, I'm sure MS will be happy to continue supporting 360, even without many games. Haven't slept and can't think straight, take care.

#25 Edited by getyeryayasout (8497 posts) -

@pyratrum said:

I'll be getting Titanfall the 360 tomorrow as well.

Bluepoint Games have done nothing but great ports/HD Collections so I'm confident the 360 version will be up to par.

Are you ready for our online game? It's been like three or four years in the making, it'd better be good! :P

#26 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3805 posts) -

Looks better than the PS4 version.

#27 Posted by freedomfreak (43523 posts) -

Eh, don't think I'll be picking it up.

Not for that price. Maybe 30.

#28 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152412 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

@LJS9502_basic: Good point. I owned the original Xbox and they dropped it like a hot potato. I wonder at what point in the future the X1 will start earning them more than the 360? As long as people are subscribing to XBL and are spending $$ in the marketplace, I'm sure MS will be happy to continue supporting 360, even without many games. Haven't slept and can't think straight, take care.

I agree with that.....take it easy.

#29 Edited by getyeryayasout (8497 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Eh, don't think I'll be picking it up.

Not for that price. Maybe 30.

I think Dark Souls II is the last gen 7 game I'll pay full price for, but if Titanfall on 360 get's good reviews and is a reasonable facsimile of the 'big boy' TF experience, I may pull the trigger on this as well. Then again, I don't really want to re-up for XBLG...decisions, decisions. Maybe I'll just get drunk.

#30 Posted by musicalmac (23635 posts) -

That's MUCH better than i expected.

#31 Posted by Suppaman100 (4360 posts) -

LOL if you play this on an Xbox console.

Anyway, COD or BF is better though.

#32 Edited by Chutebox (38312 posts) -

Is MS going to allow 360 players to play with X1 players?

#33 Posted by Infinite_Access (2482 posts) -

Now I see why they pushed it back. Avoid comparison and reviewers saying it'd be fine on 360.. No need to upgrade.

#34 Posted by lunar1122 (687 posts) -

looks aight, about as good as it will get for last gen

#35 Posted by getyeryayasout (8497 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

I haven't heard anything about cross play being allowed, I kinda doubt it will happen though.

#36 Posted by Chutebox (38312 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

@Chutebox said:

I haven't heard anything about cross play being allowed, I kinda doubt it will happen though.

I haven't either, not sure why they wouldn't allow it when it's their platform.

#37 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (6017 posts) -
Loading Video...

direct feed gameplay

#38 Posted by cainetao11 (19537 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic:

Agreed. MS knows the user base on 360 is large and wont abandon per se, but the support will be multiplats and arcade mostly. So really, nothing we haven't seen since 2010 LOL

#39 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16206 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

God no. Have you looked at your friends list lately? You can't even tell what games players on another generation are playing, much less party up or chat.

#40 Edited by PAL360 (27301 posts) -

@GTSaiyanjin2 said:
Loading Video...

direct feed gameplay

Looks nice! Doesn't look alot worse than the other versions, which makes me realise that this game is far from taking advantage of X1 and PC hardware.

#42 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (6017 posts) -

dont know how to post screen here... but here are some direct feed screen shots... They look bad to be, most likely 540p native res

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46437961@N03/sets/72157643595106804/

#43 Edited by Pray_to_me (3101 posts) -

Frame rate is not quite as high but the colors look better on the 360 version.

#44 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3255 posts) -

Doesn't look that bad actually.

#45 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (9000 posts) -

@princessgomez92 said:

Looks better than the PS4 version.

OOOOHH, Shot to the cow baby maker.

#46 Edited by kuu2 (7963 posts) -

Man I feel bad for the 36o people counting on getting the same experience that I am getting on The One.

#47 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9506 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

This post looks like it was written by SNIPER.

#48 Posted by lostrib (42764 posts) -
@kuu2 said:

Man I feel bad for the 36o people counting on getting the same experience that I am getting on The One.

yeah, but they didn't have to drop $500 on a new system for dat 792p

#49 Posted by getyeryayasout (8497 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

I don't want your whole sandwich, just a bite and a couple chips. :P

#50 Edited by kuu2 (7963 posts) -
@lostrib said:
@kuu2 said:

yeah, but they didn't have to drop $500 on a new system for dat 792p

Its more than that, the frame rate is lower, the animations are not the same. the explosions are not as pronounced, and the LOD is nowhere near the same.