X1 will end up being the better 1080p system

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@tyloss said:

Can we ban this guy?

I've posted links that have been proven factual so not like I'm spewing lies

#102 Edited by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -

LOL my post got deleted. fuck this forum, its so full of ignorant Sony fanboys. Gamespot can't even review a game without being biased. Gametrailers.com is where its at, people actually talk intelligently and DISCUSS FACTS. go fuck yourself gamespot and X1 haters.

Hey, I just wanted to say: thank you for the post. Reading that just made my day a little bit brighter.

#103 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@tyloss said:

Can we ban this guy?

I've posted links that have been proven factual so not like I'm spewing lies

Oh? You're being serious?

Get psychiatric help.

#104 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Between Tiled Resources and this there is so much butthurt in cows denial

Currently at 792p maybe be 900p at launch and maybe patched in to 1080p once the SDK kits go out.

#105 Posted by silversix_ (14338 posts) -

X1 can barely play games in 720p/360 fps and you're talking about 1080p. Calm down and hype your 720p more cuz that is the resolution MS built their system for.

#106 Posted by cainetao11 (17423 posts) -

Literally posted this just when Thief was confirmed 900p Xbone, 1080p PS4.

Also good job citing SW's favourite Russian moron.

I feel bad for laughing!! That's hilarious

#107 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4321 posts) -

ITT lems go crazy declaring butthurt, while cows laugh.

Oh, and TC gets owned pretty bad by wasdie.

This was actually entertaining to read all the way through.

Thank you TC. :)

#108 Edited by 04dcarraher (19513 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Wasdie said:

@me3x12 said:

@04dcarraher said:

@mrxboxone said:

@StormyJoe said:

@me3x12: I don't think the XB1 will produce "better" graphics than the PS4. But, if it can muster 1080p/60fps, that would be good.

I consider the XB1 to be the better device, while the PS4 is a better "gaming only" machine.

The GPU for each console not capable of out doing one another visually. Both will have identical graphics. The only differences is in the performance. 1080p and 60fps has not barrage on graphics.

False The PS4 gpu is able to handle more complex real time effects and more complex model rendering then the X1, its more then just resolution and performance.

The Xbox One can actually push more total polys the the PS4 GPU

I think we're all going to need a source on that.

The Xbox One GPU can do 1.7 billions polys a sec and the PS4 can do 1.6 billion. I'll post a link when I get a chance but you can find the info also.

lol what are you talking about, games today don't do more that 100 millions triangles per sec. PS4 gpu can do more triangles on games than xboxOne gpu because triangle calculations are done by the vertex shaders( and ps4 gpu have way more ALUs that do vertex calculation as well many other things).

also to point out that theoretical polygon/ triangle numbers based on gpu clockrates which dont translate into real world performance. The numbers are higher on the X1 is because of the extra 53mhz

#109 Posted by StormyJoe (5198 posts) -

Literally posted this just when Thief was confirmed 900p Xbone, 1080p PS4.

Also good job citing SW's favourite Russian moron.

All fun and games aside,

Don't make fun of disabled people, asshole.

#110 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

No I didn't not even close in fact he tried to twist it somewhat to get out of the ownage I gave him. All my links I've posted are true facts

#111 Posted by ominous_titan (623 posts) -

1080p doesnt mean anything to me if Killzone is an example of how great it is, game looks like everything is dipped in oil. honestly both systems thus far are disappointing.

#112 Edited by lostrib (36264 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@good_sk8er7 said:

No I didn't not even close in fact he tried to twist it somewhat to get out of the ownage I gave him. All my links I've posted are true facts

Learn to take your ownage like man.

#113 Posted by lostrib (36264 posts) -

X1 can barely play games in 720p/360 fps and you're talking about 1080p. Calm down and hype your 720p more cuz that is the resolution MS built their system for.

I doubt many people are playing games at 360fps

#114 Posted by silversix_ (14338 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@silversix_ said:

True dat but you just wait for the cloud, its gonna be 360fps as bare minimum

#115 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4711 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@silversix_ said:

the highest i've seen is two hundred and forty hurts.

#116 Posted by lostrib (36264 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@silversix_ said:

True dat but you just wait for the cloud, its gonna be 360fps as bare minimum

That will be hard at 4K resolution, but it's a good thing MS bought those 300,000 servers

#117 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

before the x1 was released, rumours was going around saying the drivers for it sucked, so it could be true, but i until it comes from MS or tons of devs, Screw it. I can see them sending new kits out though

#118 Edited by Martin_G_N (1709 posts) -

The ESRAM is really something truly special, and not just there to try to help out the slow DDR3. It will compensate for the lack of CU units on the GPU and will crush the PS4.

In reality what MS have done is nothing new. The PS2 had a unified 32MB RDRAM@3.2GB/s, and 4MB DRAM @48GB/s. The difference with the X1 is that the speed advantage compared to the competition is'nt there since the GDDR5 RAM in the PS4 is just as fast, and there is more of it. Had the ESRAM been around 500GB/s or more, there would probably have been an advantage.

#119 Posted by Wasdie (49804 posts) -

The ESRAM is really something truly special, and not just there to try to help out the slow DDR3. It will compensate for the lack of CU units on the GPU and will crush the PS4.

In reality what MS have done is nothing new. The PS2 had a unified 32MB RDRAM@3.2GB/s, and 4MB DRAM @48GB/s. The difference with the X1 is that the speed advantage compared to the competition is'nt there since the GDDR5 RAM in the PS4 is just as fast, and there is more of it. Had the ESRAM been around 500GB/s or more, there would probably have been an advantage.

How can RAM possibly make up for the lack of hardware on a GPU? The only thing the RAM can do is make sure it's not bottlenecking the GPU at all, which is what's been going on. Once you've got all of the compute units working at their maximum there isn't anything outside hardware can do to speed up the process.

The ESRAM isn't something special, it's there to make up for the slow DDR3 ram when it comes to graphic processing. That's really it.

As I said before, Sony gambled with GDDR5. In order to keep the One within a certain profit margin they decided to play it safe with hardware that is proven to be cheap and effective and makeup for it by using a small buffer of much faster ram. The PS4 was originally slated for 4 gbs of GDDR5 because production costs could have thrown their margins off too much. In the end the gamble paid off and they were able to bump to 8 gbs and stay at $400. Could have easily gone the wrong way for them.

#120 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4989 posts) -

lulz. I wonder how long it will take for the last of these die hard lems to accept the facts. This reminds me of cows the first few years of last gen thinking the cell would be "unlocked" and turn the PS3 into a super computer.

On a side note, here we are 8 years later still looking at 1080p as some mark of approval on consoles. I find that funny. And as the gen goes on we'll being seeing less and less of 1080p/60fps games. I bet 720p/30fps will become the norm.

#121 Edited by misterpmedia (3380 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

This is a vary viable scenario. Here's the deal the drivers are way late for the X1 new SDK kits are going out really soon and already being said to be really fast and it makes achieving 1080p on X1 really easy with the new kits.

Apparently the situation is these new kits also give developers the tools they need to leverage the ESRAM in ways they had no clue.

Also MS will be dropping DX11.2 soon on X1 and when this happens you can store up to 6GB of textures on the ESRAM alone that's massive and will also make it really easy to achieve 1080p.

This is all true don't try to downplay it. When this happens and it's going to really soon the reality is that in FACT the X1 might flip the table and be the more capable box running full 1080p at 60fps because running 60fps

There is a lot of AM CRY coming gonna need lots of tissues soon.

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a550445/rebellion-xbox-one-1080p-issues-can-be-fixed.html

http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/153756.html

http://gamingbolt.com/why-xbox-ones-esram-feels-limited-despite-potential-to-store-6gb-of-tiled-textures-using-dx-11-2

hahahahaa, referencing Misterxmedia makes this whole thread, topic and post invalid to sense. Way to fail TC, even I thought you didn't sink to bottom most rung of Lemdom.

The bold, the PS4 can do too btw. :). Not to mention the PS4 is already tooled to harness DX11.2+ and beyond.

#122 Posted by misterpmedia (3380 posts) -

LOL my post got deleted. fuck this forum, its so full of ignorant Sony fanboys. Gamespot can't even review a game without being biased. Gametrailers.com is where its at, people actually talk intelligently and DISCUSS FACTS. go fuck yourself gamespot and X1 haters.

lol gametrailers with resident misterxians lantern and marco, yeah it's great over there *rolls eyes*

#123 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4989 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

Currently at 792p maybe be 900p at launch and maybe patched in to 1080p once the SDK kits go out.

Hold up... are you saying that cows are butthurt because a multiplat might hit 900p on the X1 and with a good bit of luck, 1080p?

Is this what passes for "ownage" these days?

Lems, it's time for you to start going to war with sheep if this is how desperate you're getting.

#124 Posted by BigBadBully (605 posts) -

The pyschological damage done to cows last gen is coming back to haunt lems, we all can see that. Console fan boys should be ashamed of themselves for battling over resolution and fps. It's all about exclusives and what game I can't play because I don't own a particular system. Rubbing resolution and fps in my face about a multiplat doesn't do anything. I'm still playing the same game and getting the same experience.

Finally, console wars about resolution and fps are pointless. The war needs to be about exclusives and what you can't play because you don't own that system. Console Resolution Wars always end up with "I can play this on pc at 4k 60fps". Lems and Cows need time to reflect and battle a new topic.

#125 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Umm no. You can't store 6 gigs of anything on 32 mbs. That's physically impossible. You're clearly interpreting the tech wrong.

Also the Xbox One's GPU has 50% less transistors than the PS4's GPU despite having practically the same architecture. The PS4 is more powerful and no changes to the API can possibly make up that performance gap.

Please just stop kidding yourself.

No offense man but don't kid yourself either this guy will hold onto his secret sauce theories until the end of this Gen. It's a lost cause he's just not getting 2+2 = 4.

@me3x12 said:

So Wasdie is hiding under a rock now?

No just from your stupidity...................................

@me3x12 said:

Well he sure had something to say until I DESTROYED HIM with FACTS and PROOF. Cows and now Wasdie are scared of this thread CLASSIC!!! Truth HURTS!!!

#126 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14021 posts) -

Tell me why my friend's 7790 struggles to play 1080p at a playable frame rate? Oh wait... because it's weak, right?

#128 Edited by lostrib (36264 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@me3x12 said:

This is a vary viable scenario. Here's the deal the drivers are way late for the X1 new SDK kits are going out really soon and already being said to be really fast and it makes achieving 1080p on X1 really easy with the new kits.

Apparently the situation is these new kits also give developers the tools they need to leverage the ESRAM in ways they had no clue.

Also MS will be dropping DX11.2 soon on X1 and when this happens you can store up to 6GB of textures on the ESRAM alone that's massive and will also make it really easy to achieve 1080p.

This is all true don't try to downplay it. When this happens and it's going to really soon the reality is that in FACT the X1 might flip the table and be the more capable box running full 1080p at 60fps because running 60fps

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a550445/rebellion-xbox-one-1080p-issues-can-be-fixed.html

http://gamingbolt.com/why-xbox-ones-esram-feels-limited-despite-potential-to-store-6gb-of-tiled-textures-using-dx-11-2

hahahahaa, referencing Misterxmedia makes this whole thread, topic and post invalid to sense. Way to fail TC, even I thought you didn't sink to bottom most rung of Lemdom.

The bold, the PS4 can do too btw. :). Not to mention the PS4 is already tooled to harness DX11.2+ and beyond.

It's so sad how you and the rest of the Cows knowlege is so DOO DOO just PURE POOP!!! PS4 will NEVER EVER EVER!!! do DX of any kind not DX11.1 DX11.2 NOTHING!!! Man you are shit stupid I swear. DX is MS owned in no way shape or form can DX be done on PS4. PS4 is Open GL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKjxFJfcrcA

There's no need to yell

#129 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@me3x12 said:

It's so sad how you and the rest of the Cows knowlege is so DOO DOO just PURE POOP!!! PS4 will NEVER EVER EVER!!! do DX of any kind not DX11.1 DX11.2 NOTHING!!! Man you are shit stupid I swear. DX is MS owned in no way shape or form can DX be done on PS4. PS4 is Open GL

There's no need to yell

I'm calm as can be trust me but seeing the ignorance of Cows is comical. I guess when they have no games they go a little mental.

#130 Posted by lostrib (36264 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@lostrib said:

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

There's no need to yell

I'm calm as can be trust me but seeing the ignorance of Cows is comical. I guess when they have no games they go a little mental.

Yes, calm people totally type shit in Capslock

#131 Posted by ButDuuude (448 posts) -

When the cloud and the secret sauce combine, the real Xbox One will arrive.

#132 Edited by misterpmedia (3380 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@me3x12 said:

LOL there are equivalents you do realise? Hold on let me find this picture to totally own your lem ass, oh yes here it is, but a simple google search away :D. Your comment rendered pointless in 3....2.....1....:

Back to your basement goblin!

#133 Posted by McStrongfast (4270 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

Yeah, but it all depends on if Santa can jump far enough into the sky to grab a ripe starfruit.

#134 Edited by tormentos (17802 posts) -

@acp_45 said:

@Wasdie: LLOOOOL.

Nope you can’t store 6gb on 32mb of ESRAM.

But 6GB of textures..... YES You can.

PRT b!tch!!!

LMAO.

No hard feelings man :P

So TC is your alter account.?

Dude PRT is a way to save memory by not having to load all textures into the memory,it is also support by the damn PS4,PRT is not an advantage for the xbox one and OpenGL has support PRT since 2011 on GCN when MS didn't even had support for it.

Also a game is not just compose of textures,there are many things that can't be on the ESRAM because the size is to small.

@me3x12 said:

@bforrester420 said:

Still clinging to secret sauce theories...sad...

This is not secret sauce this is all FACT. It's true that DX11.2 is coming to Xbox One and it's true Tiled Resources is coming to Xbox One and it's a FACT you can store up to 6gb of textures on the 32mb ESRAM alone in FACT it's actually 47MB of ESRAM and it's also a FACT that new SDK dev kits are going out basically as we speak and a developer has already said it's going to make things way fast and make 1080p easy. What's so hard to swallow here?

MS owns DX and they will use Tiled Resources with DX11.2 and also in theory in Tiled Resources could be attempted on PS4 but they have no plans of doing so because it's been said it's nowhere near as efficient as it is on the proprietary DX11.2 and they would have to create separate apps to try to achieve it and it would be a huge system bog

Tile resources is also on PS4...hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

But but the xbox one also has a magic scaler...hahahaha The same one on the PS4 as well,when would lemmings get the point is inferior now and it will always be inferior..lol

ESRAM is not 47MB,the APU has 47MB which counting other parts which are not part of that memory setup,that includes cache for the CPU as well.

That bold part...lol

Wrapping things up, for the time being while Southern Islands will bring hardware support for PRT software support will remain limited. As D3D is not normally extensible it’s really only possible to easily access the feature from other APIs (e.g. OpenGL), which when it comes to games is going to greatly limit the adoption of the technology.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5261/amd-radeon-hd-7970-review/6

But but only the xbox one can use PRT..hahaha Supported by OpenGL before Direct3D even support it on 2011..lol

@me3x12 said:

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

cough.. theif, MGS GZ, Watchdogs sub 1080 on xbox one (1080 on ps4) cough...

Cough the new SDK kits are just going out to devs for Xbox Cough 1080p will be easy now.

The Order 1886 the great savior for PS is 800p LMFAO keep waiting

The Order is running at 1920x800p which is higher than Ryse resolution while looking better to with MSAAX4 which if you apply to xbox one games now like Ryse would make the game run at sub 720p.

#135 Edited by tormentos (17802 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

Wasdie you have clearly been OWNED. You keep trying to twist it into saying the cloud is needed to do Tiled textures. It does not need the cloud to do it. Tiled recourses is and can be done purly on the hardware side of things stop trying to make it out that they need the cloud to do it. It's tools implemented into DX11.2 it's software tools THE CLOUD IS NOT NEEDED TO DO IT!!!

In relation to the cloud I've also posted a link and yes the ESRAM is also available to make cloud computing smoother by helping with making higher bandwidth connection run smoother when doing cloud computing. But these are two separate scenarios that the ESRAM has benefits neither has to work together to do either. You can either use the ESRAM on just the hardware side to do Tiled textures up to 6gb worth or you can also use ERSAM to help make cloud computing run smoother. So don't try and get out of this ownage by twisting things saying you need to have the cloud just to do Tiled texture YOU DO NOT!!!

And again I've already stated you can do a similar technique to Tiled Textures on PS4 using the Open GL but I've also stated it's been said it's not really efficient and thus far Sony has no plans in doing so.

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

You need to try harder your trolling is to obvious..hahahaa

#136 Edited by stereointegrity (10712 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

but now can u show me proof halo 5 is using tiled shit and dx11.2?

#137 Posted by misterpmedia (3380 posts) -

I think Me3x12 has been owned enough now in this thread and it can be locked.

#138 Posted by nonsoville2 (4124 posts) -

You guys will see. Teh cloud will come save the lems.. Hahaha.. Cloud my ass hole. Worst thing a customer can do is loyalty. What's even worse is a stupid and blind loyalty. Good going lems. Keep believing rubbish.

#139 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@me3x12: I don't think the XB1 will produce "better" graphics than the PS4. But, if it can muster 1080p/60fps, that would be good.

I consider the XB1 to be the better device, while the PS4 is a better "gaming only" machine.

Actually the Xbox One will have the better graphics in the long run games like halo 5 and any games by Black Tusk aka new Gears game will be using full DX 11.2 and Tiled textures these games will have up to 6gb of textures and DX11.2 bells and whistles. It's already been stated by industry insiders that halo 5 is going to be so jaw dropping gorgeous people are going to be blown away.

Like I said new SDK kits are going out as we speak and it's going to make 1080p easy on X1

And when Halo 5 doesn't run at 1080p will you please STFU and accept the PS 4 is just better?

#140 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2780 posts) -

Lems I feel your pain waiting on clouds,tiles,drivers ect

#141 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@me3x12 said:

LOL there are equivalents you do realise? Hold on let me find this picture to totally own your lem ass, oh yes here it is, but a simple google search away :D. Your comment rendered pointless in 3....2.....1....:

But bu bu bu it don't run DX. Let me ask you YES OR NO does PS4 run DX or Open GL? Back under your bridge troll your attempt to twist the truth has FAILED!!!

#142 Edited by misterpmedia (3380 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@me3x12 said:

But bu bu bu it don't run DX. Let me ask you YES OR NO does PS4 run DX or Open GL? Back under your bridge troll your attempt to twist the truth has FAILED!!!

lmfao you can't get out of it lem, my point was they can do the same thing and the PS4 can actually do more, and that proves it. Can't believe it took you that long to come up with that lame ass reply. Picture proof puts any reply you make in the lembin.

#143 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@me3x12 said:

lmfao you can't get out of it lem, my point was they can do the same thing and the PS4 can actually do more, and that proves it. Can't believe it took you that long to come up with that lame ass reply. Picture proof puts any reply you make in the lembin.

Everyone on here knows you got OWNED!!! Answer the question does PS4 run DX or Open GL? Just because it could don't mean it will MS owns it

#144 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

Everyone on here knows you got OWNED!!! Answer the question does PS4 run DX or Open GL? Just because it could don't mean it will MS owns it

No No I'm pretty sure everyone is thinking that about you and you pretty much owned yourself frequently. I know I sure am thinking that.

Listen bud even if the crap spewing from you was somehow even remotely true no one here beliefs you so what's the point?

#145 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

No No I'm pretty sure everyone is thinking that about you and you pretty much owned yourself frequently. I know I sure am thinking that.

Listen bud even if the crap spewing from you was somehow even remotely true no one here beliefs you so what's the point?

I've posted links and proven facts so I've not been owned at all not even remotely. It's the ones on here that choose to ignore the FACTS and links I've provided.

#146 Edited by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

your butt must be hurting,

I never seen so much shit from one "human" being before.

you must be going for some kind of thread lock record,

hopefully you and your alt profiles get locked as well

#147 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@me3x12 said:

Microsoft owns you,

there is pictorial evidence,

comparisons between ps4 vs xbox one graphics on multiplats,

and everytime the xbone ends up being an upscaled wii u.

#148 Edited by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@me3x12 said:

I've posted links and proven facts so I've not been owned at all not even remotely. It's the ones on here that choose to ignore the FACTS and links I've provided.

You posted a bunch of blogs with opinions and your "So called Facts" have been ripped apart and torn down and proven to be false.

But even if that wasn't the case the ones on here that choose to ignore the so called FACTS are everyone that's here so once again what's the point.

#149 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2569 posts) -

I remember when games being good was what mattered, but apparently anything not running in 1080p and 60 FPS is suddenly no longer worth playing.

Perhaps we're all just a little bored with our systems until another wave of releases blows through.

#150 Edited by mynamesdenvrmax (2196 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

Still clinging to secret sauce theories...sad...

Remember 2007 when the PS3 was really lacking in the multi plats? All of those "Developers don't know how to make games for teh powah!" comments seemed like BS and it largely worked out for the PS3 in the long run. This is months after launch and you guys are trying to put the nails in the coffin. Ryse is often called the best looking game of the generation so far, is it really noticeable that its not 1080p? Sony fanboys love the numbers game, expect when talking about PS3's sales figures. Sure it's easier to make a game look great with keeping the player on a pretty narrow track but I know of a game that also does that...Uncharted.