X1 will end up being the better 1080p system

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#601 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@indigenous_euphoria said:

Im going to laugh so hard at cows when Xbox one starts pumping out better looking games then the PS4. Oh wait it already is! Xbox one games already look better then Ps4 games 0.o It's the same as last gen....im not seeing all this power that the cows are bragging about.

900p games look better then PS4 games why you ask becuase of DX 11.1 and 11.2 soon because it offers better image quality in general because its a more refined dev tool over Open GL. Tiled Textures are going to smoke PS4 when it happens throw in some cloud juice on top of that and PS4 will be the struggles.

Cows will say no this is not possible what you speak off but guess what it totally is top MIT graphic engineers will tell you so but who should we believe cows or the pros?

We certainly shouldn't listen to the person who has trouble putting together coherent, properly structured sentences and gets most of his threads locked.

#602 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (5139 posts) -

Im going to laugh so hard at cows when Xbox one starts pumping out better looking games then the PS4. Oh wait it already is! Xbox one games already look better then Ps4 games 0.o It's the same as last gen....im not seeing all this power that the cows are bragging about.

Lem blindness is so funny. So is lem desperation. me3x12 is proof of this.

#603 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

900p games look better then PS4 games why you ask becuase of DX 11.1 and 11.2 soon because it offers better image quality in general because its a more refined dev tool over Open GL. Tiled Textures are going to smoke PS4 when it happens throw in some cloud juice on top of that and PS4 will be the struggles.

Cows will say no this is not possible what you speak off but guess what it totally is top MIT graphic engineers will tell you so but who should we believe cows or the pros?

You both are idiots.

#604 Posted by xdluffy (23 posts) -

@StormyJoe: i disagree ps4s games fail to impress

#605 Edited by ronvalencia (15130 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

PS4's primary graphics APIs are GNMX and GNM. Read http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-how-the-crew-was-ported-to-playstation-4

AMD Mantle and PS4's graphics APIs are similar i.e. note the "shared concepts, methods & optimization strategies".

Please stop this OpenGL nonsense. AMD is still working on their OpenGL's performance to be on par with Direct3D and Mantle.

Think about SteamOS(Linux X86-64) still having under preforming OpenGL drivers and PS4's OS is based on FreeBSD X86-64 build.

PS4's OS is basically similar to FreeBSD X86-64 and Mantle combo.

#606 Edited by ronvalencia (15130 posts) -
@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

@tormentos:

LOL, go ahead and contradict a real dev's statement vs your statement. As of Feb 2014, Rebellion has claimed PS4's GDDR5 is almost as fast as X1's eSRAM for thier game. The statement is pretty simple.

The eurogamer's link mentions some unknown MS defined application not some diagnostic or simulation case i.e. you got some apples vs oranges comparisons.

Bandwidth numbers derived from applications will vary from different applications. You don't know how MS reached that number and it serves just a ball park figure i.e. it's not a hard bandwidth number.

I made my own memory benchmarks in C++ which can vary depending on the complier switches and algorithm.

I have already factored in ESRAM's size issue, hence the point about the memory related workarounds e.g. tiling and other tricks. The prototype 7850's results are just examples when memory bandwidth issues are minimised for 12 CU GCN.

7770's will have memory scaling issues since it has a single rasterizer unit vs 16 ROPS.

X1 has two rasterizer units against it's 16 ROPS with larger memory bandwidth potential.

Again, key point you missed is to keep the GPU operating at max efficiency within the box's fastest memory pool.

----------------

Your ROPS statement is a f**kin joke since you haven't factored in that ROPS doesn't operate without memory scratch space i.e. a pen is useless without a paper surface to write on.

I have already shown you 16 ROPS at 853 Mhz estimated pixel fill rate memory bandwidth (from half of 7950's Vantage scores) and it exceeds 7770/7790/R7-260X memory bandwidth.

Your codename comparison is just $hit i.e. I don't program against some codenames but against processing elements.

But I think the Xbox One is gonna catch up.

Yeah that same developer say this ^^..

Do you believe the xbox one will catch up the PS4.? Now don't run away and invent pathetic excuses to not answer,clear answer yes or no,will the xbox one CATCH the PS4.?

And then if you say what can you achieve out of an application - we've measured about 140-150GB/s for ESRAM. That's real code running. That's not some diagnostic or some simulation case or something like that.

Andrew Goossen: If you're only doing a read you're capped at 109GB/s, if you're only doing a write you're capped at 109GB/s.

So yeah from MS own mouth 140 to 150GB/s,worse if they are only doing read or writes and not a combination is capped to 109Gb/s.

MS Architect by the way i am sure not developer know more about the hardware than they do.

Oh but wait ESRAM increased from 102GB/s to 109Gb/s because of the GPU upclock so since there is no more GPU over clock,the speed will remain the same,but i really love how you hold tied to faster memory read,when the GPU is weaker you really really believe like a fool that because it has faster reads it will actually mean anything to the difference,the damn 7770 is performing better than the xbox one,and has 72GB/s the xbox one is operating much higher and still performs under it, why.? Oh yeah because it has 100Gflosp less of performance and not matter how much bandwidth you have less performance = less performance in the end.

No my on denial friend they clearly say 140GB/s to 150GB/s and i am sure that is been generous,after all we all know MS and how the play with number even more with bandwidth one since last gen,old habits die hard.

The 7770 is smoking the xbox one and only has 72Gb/s...hahaha so much for your delusional theories,it can run Tomb raider at 1920x1200 which is higher than 1080p at 29FPS average,the xbox one is average 30 on 1080p,with lesser textures,effect with half the resolution,and 900p cut scenes something the 7770 is not experiencing,in fact the 7770 runs it at the same quality as 7850 with the same effect and all at the same resolution without cutting corners like the xbox one.

I told you so like 100 times man that the xbox one with 1.18TF will perform under the 7770 because regardless of having more memory,better cache,bigger bus and all that crap it still lagged 100Gflops,this is GCN less flops mean less flops period and it show.

No my ROP theory is 100% right,why because the xbox one doesn't have a prototype 7850 with 12 CU,it has a 7790 Bonaire GPU with 2 CU disable,with a bigger bus,there is no evidence what so ever that MS used pitcairn and removed 16ROP from the 32ROP MS stated is using a 14CU GPU which is Bonaire and even PC sites identify it as so,i already showed you the diagram for the GCN family,Bonaire is smaller than Pitcairn and perform worse even that is has more flops than Pitcairn to.

Now instead of inventing more theories go ahead and prove to me with links were MS say that they are using Pitcairn and that they remove 16 ROP.

Seeing you say that you don't programs against code names is a joke,Cape verde is smaller than Bonaire,Bonaire is small than Pitcairn,and Pitcairn is smaller Tahiti...

They are not just codenames they are difference size architectures some with more things than other,like the 7790 dual rasterizer vs Cape Verde 1.

No mater how you code and what you do,the 7770 will never beat a 7850 because it lack the resources,the same happen with the xbox one,hell the 7790 OC has like 106Gb/s bandwidth higher than the stock,like 1.82TF and still under performs under Pitcairn,it just doesn't have what it takes.

Even that the OC has 1075mhz 215 mhz higher than the 7850 still under perform,because the 7850 with 2 CU actually work better than having 2 less with a higher clock,something which you your self use to claim long ago,remember.? Remember how you claim that a 7850 at 900 mhz = the PS4.? Yeah now we know better those extra 2 CU would make the PS4 work better even that it has 60mhz slower clock.

So stop an think for 1 second if the 7790 at 1075mhz can't catch are 7850 with 860mhz even that it is 215mhz faster,and has 14CU, 2 less than the 7850,how in hell the xbox one with 12 CU and just 53mhz more will catch an 18 CU GPU..

So please answer me will the xbox one CATCH the PS4,no spins just answer.

@ronvalencia said:

@iwasgood2u said:

Once rebellion releases their game and it looks like shit.... will this thread die ?

You are mixing up artwork vs performance. My C++ memory benchmark doesn't have any artwork and looks like an old DOS program.

New excuse for the xbox one looking like sh** is the art work...hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I told you so,Bt2k also told you and several people as well,the xbox one would fall behind and you refuse to admit it,and look at you now holding desperately to what one developer is saying which clearly imply that the xbox one will catch the PS4,worse he seem to downplay PS4 advantages as minimal in all cases which is a joke.

The xbox one is 12 CU the PS4 is 18 there is nothing that will make the xbox one catch the PS4,not even faster memory the PS4 isn't bottle neck by it.

Against Bt2K, I have stated PS3's 32 ROPS would NOT be fully utilized and it's bandwidth limited. For example, PS4's The Order already runs into bandwidth wall for 1920x800 with 4X MSAA(from dev's statement), while Radeon HD 7950-800 with 240 GB/s memory bandwidth can easily handle 1920x1080 4X MSAA. MSAA is driven by ROPS's MSAA processors and memory bandwidth.

I have already shown you and Bt2K the 853 Mhz 16 ROPS's potential when it's NOT restricted by memory bandwidth i.e. 127 GB/s which is far higher than 7770's 72 GB/s and 7790's 96 GB/s memory bandwidth. Since raw 127 GB/s memory bandwidth doesn't exist for 7790/R7-260X, I use 12 CU equipped prototype 7850's 12 CU as example for less memory bandwidth restricted 12 CU GCN.

Your "prove to me with links were MS say that they are using Pitcairn and that they remove 16 ROP" is just BS and you are NOT addressing memory bandwidth requirements for ROP's memory write functions. Tiling would be important for X1 for this case and X1 is not restricted by Xbox 360's 32 GB/s memory bandwidth interconnects between the GPU and embedded fast memory.

The prototype 7850's 12 CU texture rates would be similar to X1's 12 CU's texture rates i.e. nearly identical clock speed e.g. 860Mhz vs 853Mhz. CU texture's fetch rates would dependent on memory bandwidth. Tiling would be important for X1 for this case.

Rebellion also stated PS4 can go a little further i.e. you failed get the context for "Xbox One is gonna catch up".

“Yeah, I mean that’s probably why, well at least on paper, it’s a bit more powerful. But I think the Xbox One is gonna catch up. But definitely there’s this eSRAM. PS4 has 8GB and it’s almost as fast as eSRAM [bandwidth wise] but at the same time you can go a little bit further with it, because you don’t have this slower memory."

Rebellion's "gonna catch up" context would defined by their game's result i.e. it's mostly like X1's frame rates would be slightly inferior to PS4. Rebellion is confident that it will hit 1920x1080p with 60 fps target for both boxes.

Microsoft derived X1's bandwidth number with it's application methods (not simulation or diagnostics) while Rebellion has it's own application methods e.g. it's incoming game.

#607 Posted by lglz1337 (3855 posts) -

lmao @lemmings still living in a dream and ronvalencia bhahahaga

#608 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

Try not to laugh at people like Freedom. It's tragically sad that someone has to resort to attempting to piss off random strangers on the internet. It's rather pathetic. Poor guy. I feel bad for him.

#609 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Sad that so few can grasp the concept of software. There was a time when graphics were purely run on software not relying on any hardware at all it was basically software emulated. I know the Cow kids may be to young but even the older ones seem to forget this FACT!!!

This is a real simple concept MS is a dominate player on this planet as a masterful software company if you think for one second they can't make and produce software to create the best graphics possible your insane or a blind fanboy. The bottom line is it can be 600p or 1080p or 900p whatever if it has the best graphics it has the best graphics RYSE already doing this sorry Killflop even at 1080p take a seat at second place. And this is all before we see Tiled resources, DX11.2 or SDK kit upgrades or massive cloud power.

Go home kids your logic is whack and you can't handle the truth.

All of you

#610 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

Sad that so few can grasp the concept of software. There was a time when graphics were purely run on software not relying on any hardware at all it was basically software emulated. I know the Cow kids may be to young but even the older ones seem to forget this FACT!!!

This is a real simple concept MS is a dominate player on this planet as a masterful software company if you think for one second they can't make and produce software to create the best graphics possible your insane or a blind fanboy. The bottom line is it can be 600p or 1080p or 900p whatever if it has the best graphics it has the best graphics RYSE already doing this sorry Killflop even at 1080p take a seat at second place. And this is all before we see Tiled resources, DX11.2 or SDK kit upgrades or massive cloud power.

All of you

So, you make this post talking about how graphics shouldn't matter, then go on to argue that Xbox One is better because Ryse has better graphics than Killzone. Seriously, what is wrong with you? I'm honestly curious at this point. What compels you to this kind of childish behavior?

#611 Edited by ronvalencia (15130 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

My POV are inline with Rebellion's POV. You can f**k off.

You failed to understand the specific criteria for Rebellion's claims. I rather go with a known AMD Gaming Evolved developer team than milk cows.

If a game departs from Rebellion's specific criteria then you get the current X1's results. I do own Radeon HD 8870M (~32 watts, 72 GB/s GDDR5) which is based from desktop 7770. From notebookcheck.com's benchmarks, 8870M rivals desktop 7770.

#612 Posted by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

All of you

Your posts remind me of stupid, lazy f*cks in my high school who thought that they were so smart when in actuality, the only reason why they don't want to put in any effort is that deep down, they know they're stupid and that they'll fail even if they did put in the effort. By refusing to put in any effort into their work, those students convince themselves that there is no solid proof that they're stupid, so they can continue living in their fantasy land.

I don't give 2 shits how great you think Microsoft is at software development. None of it matters if real-world performance doesn't hold up to what you're claiming. As an owner of both current-gen consoles, the PS4's OS is far more refined and advanced than the Xbone's.

You can take your theoretical "Microsoft has the potential to develop better software than SONY" belief and shove it up your ass. In the real world, the PS4 OS stomps all over the Xbone's OS.

#613 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (16383 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

This is a real simple concept MS is a dominate player on this planet as a masterful software company if you think for one second they can't make and produce software to create the best graphics possible your insane or a blind fanboy. The bottom line is it can be 600p or 1080p or 900p whatever if it has the best graphics it has the best graphics RYSE already doing this sorry Killflop even at 1080p take a seat at second place. And this is all before we see Tiled resources or SDK kit upgrades or massive cloud power.

The reason why games went with hardware acceleration in the first place back in the mid 90's is because software rendering already hit a performance wall.

#614 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@me3x12 said:

All of you

So, you make this post talking about how graphics shouldn't matter, then go on to argue that Xbox One is better because Ryse has better graphics than Killzone. Seriously, what is wrong with you? I'm honestly curious at this point. What compels you to this kind of childish behavior?

13 pages later skater things have to be said

#615 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@IMAHAPYHIPPO said:

@me3x12 said:

All of you

13 pages later skater things have to be said

You make no sense. Zero sense. Everything you post has a strong level of incoherence.

#616 Edited by ronvalencia (15130 posts) -

@MisterXMedia said:

@me3x12 said:

All of you

Your posts remind me of stupid, lazy f*cks in my high school who thought that they were so smart when in actuality, the only reason why they don't want to put in any effort is that deep down, they know they're stupid and that they'll fail even if they did put in the effort. By refusing to put in any effort into their work, those students convince themselves that there is no solid proof that they're stupid, so they can continue living in their fantasy land.

I don't give 2 shits how great you think Microsoft is at software development. None of it matters if real-world performance doesn't hold up to what you're claiming. As an owner of both current-gen consoles, the PS4's OS is far more refined and advanced than the Xbone's.

You can take your theoretical "Microsoft has the potential to develop better software than SONY" belief and shove it up your ass. In the real world, the PS4 OS stomps all over the Xbone's OS.

PS4's OS is based on FreeBSD X86-64/AMD64 and it's probably optimized by AMD. The copyrights for PS4 and X1's SoCs still belongs to AMD which is a departure from Xbox 360's APU copyright status.

The similarity between PS4's PSSL and Mantle's MS HLSL support points to AMD's avoidance on OpenGL i.e. sub-par GLSL optimizations.

#617 Posted by indigenous_euphoria (157 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@me3x12 said:

You both are idiots.

How is what i said idiotic? Xbox one is producing better looking games.

#618 Edited by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@me3x12 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

I hope lems are aware that the only reason Wolfenstein and Murdered are 1080p/60fps on Xbone is because they have to be 720p/60fps on PS3 and 360 and the fidelity and graphical effects will have to be set accordingly.

LOL Classic so when Xbox games become same as PS4 games Cows make further excuses with bu bu bu the only reason it's 1080p 60fps is bu bu bu LOL classic

In several face offs of same resolution games points were made that features and aspects of the game were missing from the XB1 versions. 1080p for the Xb1 comes at a huge price apparently, especially to achieve 60fps with it. Forza cut the mustard but by the time consumers opened the jar it was out of date, 2D style.

What mustard did they cut because it's the current racer graphics king and it runs at 60fps and full native 1080p with 16 cars on track and the game looks really good. Go ahead I know what's coming next bu bu bu the crowd does not look good or bu bu bu the trees don't look as good as they could. Last time I checked your not stopping and interacting with the crowd or trees and they are fine anyway but I know you like a T and I know you will say this. It's a FACT Forza is AAA and is current racer graphics king and has full cloud AI with the best AI ever in a racer and again it's AAA. Sorry you wait for 5-6 years for a half baked trashy worst AI in a racer with sounds from 1998 GT games with non cockpit view cars GT.

Get some new material the only reason you come into every thread Xbox related is because you sweat the Xbox BAD and the better games Xbox has and you try to convince yourself that your fine with no games on PS4 currently and weak generic exclusives like Flopzone and Knack and trashy getting it's ass whooped by Turn 10 for years GT

Go to bed child

Here is a video on me running a lap at Road America in Forza 5 it's bad quality youtube but you can hardly say Forza is bad but with all the peanut butter denial over your eyes your helpless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgVBlWtRmQ

that was a load of nothing in that entire comment lol. Gave up half way through. Blah blah blah blah. Face the facts please.

Luckily you got some good news this week if you plan on playing the new thief game ;). It may keep you from stepping off that chair into the noose :P

#619 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@MisterXMedia said:

@me3x12 said:

All of you

WOW how stupid can anyone be saying Sony OS stomps on MS OS LOL WOW Cows I tell ya. not in last century or this century would Sony ever be able to create any software or OS that comes close to anything MS does.

Latest update is DESTROYING PSN as normal

http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-one-march-system-update-discussed-in-new-video

Xbox Live DX11.2 Tiled Resources and the cloud >>> Sony's third party subbed out POS OS

#620 Edited by tormentos (18356 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

Against Bt2K, I have stated PS3's 32 ROPS would NOT be fully utilized and it's bandwidth limited. For example, PS4's The Order already runs into bandwidth wall for 1920x800 with 4X MSAA(from dev's statement), while Radeon HD 7950-800 with 240 GB/s memory bandwidth can easily handle 1920x1080 4X MSAA. MSAA is driven by ROPS's MSAA processors and memory bandwidth.

I have already shown you and Bt2K the 853 Mhz 16 ROPS's potential when it's NOT restricted by memory bandwidth i.e. 127 GB/s which is far higher than 7770's 72 GB/s and 7790's 96 GB/s memory bandwidth. Since raw 127 GB/s memory bandwidth doesn't exist for 7790/R7-260X, I use 12 CU equipped prototype 7850's 12 CU as example for less memory bandwidth restricted 12 CU GCN.

Your "prove to me with links were MS say that they are using Pitcairn and that they remove 16 ROP" is just BS and you are NOT addressing memory bandwidth requirements for ROP's memory write functions. Tiling would be important for X1 for this case and X1 is not restricted by Xbox 360's 32 GB/s memory bandwidth interconnects between the GPU and embedded fast memory.

The prototype 7850's 12 CU texture rates would be similar to X1's 12 CU's texture rates i.e. nearly identical clock speed e.g. 860Mhz vs 853Mhz. CU texture's fetch rates would dependent on memory bandwidth. Tiling would be important for X1 for this case.

Rebellion also stated PS4 can go a little further i.e. you failed get the context for "Xbox One is gonna catch up".

“Yeah, I mean that’s probably why, well at least on paper, it’s a bit more powerful. But I think the Xbox One is gonna catch up. But definitely there’s this eSRAM. PS4 has 8GB and it’s almost as fast as eSRAM [bandwidth wise] but at the same time you can go a little bit further with it, because you don’t have this slower memory."

Rebellion's "gonna catch up" context would defined by their game's result i.e. it's mostly like X1's frame rates would be slightly inferior to PS4. Rebellion is confident that it will hit 1920x1080p with 60 fps target for both boxes.

Microsoft derived X1's bandwidth number with it's application methods (not simulation or diagnostics) while Rebellion has it's own application methods e.g. it's incoming game.

So now you want to give a new context to what he say,he say the xbox one will catch up period stop spinning call me when the PS4 and xbox one are on par..

Other wise you losing your time,the xbox one is performing worse than a 7770...hahaha

Proven it is a fact not my opinion so much for your secret sauce theories,lol and to think the 7770 has 72Gb/s...lol

@me3x12 said:

WOW how stupid can anyone be saying Sony OS stomps on MS OS LOL WOW Cows I tell ya. not in last century or this century would Sony ever be able to create any software or OS that comes close to anything MS does.

Xbox Live DX11.2 Tiled Resources and the cloud >>> Sony's third party subbed out POS OS

What a delusional fanboy...hahahahaaa

The xbox one is a piece of over priced trash DEAL WITH IT..hahahaa

#621 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

So now you want to give a new context to what he say,he say the xbox one will catch up period stop spinning call me when the PS4 and xbox one are on par..

Other wise you losing your time,the xbox one is performing worse than a 7770...hahaha

Proven it is a fact not my opinion so much for your secret sauce theories,lol and to think the 7770 has 72Gb/s...lol

@me3x12 said:

Are you enjoying your BUTTHURT here is some sympathy for you

#622 Posted by tormentos (18356 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

Are you dumb or something.? That screen actually show sharper textures on PS4,and Parallax mapping which the xbox totally lack.

Not to mention 50% higher resolution and faster frames to,so yeah is official the PS4 still ahead and it will always be because well there is not stacked crap,the clouds only serve for rain and the xbox one is weak i know is hard that after 2 generation of getting powerful hardware you get shafted by MS,but that is what you get for supporting all they crap they have do to you people since 2001.

#623 Edited by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@me3x12 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

More like best 720p/900p system.

The butthurt to cows that the new SDK kits are out for Xbox is so emmence

Witcher 3 runs at 720p after the devs said it was it easier to program for...congrats.

that's gotta be tough to swallow lol. Also CDPR are very much DirectX hugging developers too.

#624 Posted by Zophar87 (4351 posts) -

Well, it needs to actually do 1080p first doesn't it??

#625 Posted by 04dcarraher (19676 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@me3x12 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

More like best 720p/900p system.

The butthurt to cows that the new SDK kits are out for Xbox is so emmence

Witcher 3 runs at 720p after the devs said it was it easier to program for...congrats.

that's gotta be tough to swallow lol. Also CDPR are very much DirectX hugging developers too.

Direct x has nothing to do with the cpu and gpu limitations from both consoles.

#626 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@me3x12 said:

Are you dumb or something.? That screen actually show sharper textures on PS4,and Parallax mapping which the xbox totally lack.

Not to mention 50% higher resolution and faster frames to,so yeah is official the PS4 still ahead and it will always be because well there is not stacked crap,the clouds only serve for rain and the xbox one is weak i know is hard that after 2 generation of getting powerful hardware you get shafted by MS,but that is what you get for supporting all they crap they have do to you people since 2001.

WOW you really are blind with all that peanut butter over your eyes if you truly don't think the pic on the right Xbox One don't look better then please go to the eye doctor and Sorry DF already awarded Xbox One the victory try again.

#627 Edited by tormentos (18356 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

WOW you really are blind with all that peanut butter over your eyes if you truly don't think the pic on the right Xbox One don't look better then please go to the eye doctor and Sorry DF already awarded Xbox One the victory try again.

Save that screen blow it up and see how the xbox one lack Parallax mapping which simulate depth in textures to make a much real effect,the xbox one lack it and look flat,look at the bench and the wall behind it,they look much sharper on PS4,yeah that is the 1080p difference talking.

That POS console can't even do parallax mapping which is older than me..hahaha

#628 Edited by tormentos (18356 posts) -
@04dcarraher said:

DX has higher over head than the PS4 API,so does as well vs mantle like AMD already showed this past week.

#629 Edited by 04dcarraher (19676 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@04dcarraher said:

DX has higher over head than the PS4 API,so does as well vs mantle like AMD already showed this past week.

You totally missed the point there....

But

The PS4 has an OpenGL-like wrapper on top of the "low level" API. It is not really OpenGL, and the library made specifically for the PS4 includes many incompatible modifications from standard OpenGL. The X1 also has a modified and more efficient DX library specific to the console. Which means that its easier coding for pc to X1 and X1 to pc multiplatforming while going to PS4 is a pain in the ass because its not as related to direct x and only slightly related to Opengl coding.

Also to point out the overhead from general direct x on pc is not the same as the X1, and that again direct x has no bearing on both consoles. Since CD is creating the PS4 version separate and will make use of the hardware. AMD's mantle is almost useless when it comes to intel based cpu's and single gpu's because those cpu's are able to supply the data quickly enough. While AMD is stuck with cpu's are 40% slower clock per clock, and adding a layer that bypasses the direct x libraries saves cpu cycles allowing the cpu to use those free resources for other workloads.

#630 Posted by menes777 (2643 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@tormentos said:

@me3x12 said:

The PS4 screenshot actually looks like it has some depth in that circled. The Xbone looks pretty flat. Both still look like ass outside of that little circle but in that circle the PS4 obviously looks like a stone path.

#631 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@me3x12 Locklem, what did I tell you about your reputation of being the king of locked threads, even your last one got locked and it was posted by another lem! LOL

#632 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@me3x12:

hey you should compare

tomb raider,

call of duty ghosts,

battlefield 4,

need for speed,

assassins creed 4 while you are at it,

since you know how to compare screenshots now

#633 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

@killatwill15: he can't because he's to busy smearing peanut butter in his eyes to see the difference the xbone has! Teh DX 11.2 teh cloud teh new sdk kits!! That's probably going to be his response btw.

#634 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

@killatwill15: he can't because he's to busy smearing peanut butter in his eyes to see the difference the xbone has! Teh DX 11.2 teh cloud teh new sdk kits!! That's probably going to be his response btw.

that's not peanut butter,

that's doo doo baby.

#635 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -

I'm joining the following that's reporting me3x12 to the mods to get him banned. He's wasting everyone's time with this nonsense. IGN apparently already banned him for the same kinds of banality.

#636 Posted by AzatiS (7652 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@tormentos said:

@me3x12 said:

Sorry bro , you just powned yourself. PS4s version on this photos is way more crispy and detailed....

#637 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

@killatwill15: I always thought he smelled kinda funny

@IMAHAPYHIPPO: I agree I'm getting tired of his garbage here he's pretty pathetic and apprently he's still at IGN but mods still lock his threads just as fast, but it's becoming redundant and a lot of people even Lems (except the hardcores go figure) are getting tired of his shit on here

#638 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2604 posts) -

@Solid_Max13: I agree that right now the ps4 is handing out the whoop ass to the other consoles, but I actually really like my Xbox One as well. And posters like this are making it embarrassing to admit to liking the console. I've already messaged all the mods. Maybe if other people join in, we can get this kid out of the boards and maybe actually have a decent discussion about the Xbox One.

Join the movement, get me3x12 banned. Everybody message the mods.

#639 Edited by ronvalencia (15130 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

@me3x12 said:

ROPS at 127 GB/s memory bandwidth** still runs all my PC games 1920x1080p smoothly i.e. ROPS at 127 GB/s ~= 16 ROPS at 853Mhz doesn't limit 1920x1080p render. YOU ARE WRONG. Your are barking at the wrong tree and Rebellion already explained why most X1 games are less than 1920x1080p i.e. small eSRAM which needs tiling tricks.

**Set driver control panel's memory clock speed to (496 Mhz base clock x 4 QDR) x 512 bit = ~127 GB/s. This is with R9-290X at 1Ghz core and Catalyst driver version 14.2 beta version 1.3. Note that 127 GB/s target is a peak bandwidth number and the effective memory bandwidth will be lower, I may need to add another 4 GB/s overhead on top of 127 GB/s (assuming PS4's 172 GB/s vs 176 GB/s is true).

The lowest memory clock setting on the driver's control panel is 150Mhz i.e. (150Mhz x 4 QDR) x 512bit = ~32 GB/s.

Tomb Raider 2013 benchmark at 1920x1080p and Ultimate settings with 500 Mhz memory clock i.e. ~128 GB/s.

Tomb Raider 2013 benchmark at 1920x1080p and Ultimate settings with 270 Mhz memory clock i.e. ~69 GB/s. At this memory bandwidth level, it's getting closer to X1 frame rates and still higher than your 10 fps claims.

My PC's gaming resolution is beyond 1920x1080p, hence the need for 320 GB/s.

#640 Edited by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@MisterXMedia said:

@me3x12 said:

All of you

Make a rebuttal AFTER Microsoft releases a new Xbone OS that doesn't lag while multitasking and doesn't install slower than a fat, 500 lb sow trying to run a marathon.

#641 Edited by ronvalencia (15130 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@04dcarraher said:

X1's DX is a lightweight implementation of PC's DX i.e. consoles doesn't need Mantle.

#642 Edited by ronvalencia (15130 posts) -

@04dcarraher:

@04dcarraher said:

@tormentos said:
@04dcarraher said:

You totally missed the point there....

But

The PS4 has an OpenGL-like wrapper on top of the "low level" API. It is not really OpenGL, and the library made specifically for the PS4 includes many incompatible modifications from standard OpenGL. The X1 also has a modified and more efficient DX library specific to the console. Which means that its easier coding for pc to X1 and X1 to pc multiplatforming while going to PS4 is a pain in the ass because its not as related to direct x and only slightly related to Opengl coding.

Also to point out the overhead from general direct x on pc is not the same as the X1, and that again direct x has no bearing on both consoles. Since CD is creating the PS4 version separate and will make use of the hardware. AMD's mantle is almost useless when it comes to intel based cpu's and single gpu's because those cpu's are able to supply the data quickly enough. While AMD is stuck with cpu's are 40% slower clock per clock, and adding a layer that bypasses the direct x libraries saves cpu cycles allowing the cpu to use those free resources for other workloads.

No, it's more Direct3D like wrapper for lower level GNM.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-how-the-crew-was-ported-to-playstation-4

"Most people start with the GNMX API which wraps around GNM and manages the more esoteric GPU details in a way that's a lot more familiar if you're used to platforms like D3D11. We started with the high-level one but eventually we moved to the low-level API because it suits our uses a little better," says O'Connor, explaining that while GNMX is a lot simpler to work with, it removes much of the custom access to the PS4 GPU, and also incurs a significant CPU hit.

A lot of work was put into the move to the lower-level GNM, and in the process the tech team found out just how much work DirectX does in the background in terms of memory allocation and resource management. Moving to GNM meant that the developers had to take on the burden there themselves, as O'Connor explains:

"The Crew uses a subset of the D3D11 feature-set, so that subset is for the most part easily portable to the PS4 API. But the PS4 is a console not a PC, so a lot of things that are done for you by D3D on PC - you have to do that yourself. It means there's more DIY to do but it gives you a hell of a lot more control over what you can do with the system."

Another key area of the game is its programmable pixel shaders. Reflections' experience suggests that the PlayStation Shader Language (PSSL) is very similar indeed to the HLSL standard in DirectX 11, with just subtle differences that were eliminated for the most part through pre-process macros and what O'Connor calls a "regex search and replace" for more complicated differences.

----------------------

https://twitter.com/Wolfire/status/408656394271744000

"PS4 uses its own low-level rendering API called GNM, and a higher-level wrapper called GNMX. There is no OpenGL or DX support."

#643 Edited by slimdogmilionar (562 posts) -

@MisterXMedia said:

This is just BS numerous reviews have criticized the PS4 for the OS. PS4 Os cannot compare to Xbox OS. There is no multitasking on PS4, xbox game and app resume/standby lets you run as many things as you want at once, not to mention it works instantly and the system scales itself based on demand. I left my xbox off for two days walked up said "xbox on" and it booted up to AC:4 Edward standing in Nassau" from there "xbox go to netflix", "Select 1". Boot-up, game, tv that quick. But then again this a completely subjective topic so....

#644 Edited by Phazevariance (10981 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@MisterXMedia said:

This is just BS numerous reviews have criticized the PS4 for the OS. PS4 Os cannot compare to Xbox OS. There is no multitasking on PS4, xbox game and app resume/standby lets you run as many things as you want at once, not to mention it works instantly and the system scales itself based on demand. I left my xbox off for two days walked up said "xbox on" and it booted up to AC:4 Edward standing in Nassau" from there "xbox go to netflix", "Select 1". Boot-up, game, tv that quick. But then again this a completely subjective topic so....

I love the fast switching on the x1 actually. I can play DR3, switch to netflix with one line of speaking, wathc a movie, turn off the xbox, come back int he morning, turn it on, and resume DR3 right where i was with no loading time, its just instant on.

#645 Edited by Cyberdot (3538 posts) -

Stop posting, you talk a load of trash.

#646 Posted by MisterXMedia (230 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@MisterXMedia said:

The Xbone OS is laggy as f*ck and sucks at multitasking. Just trying to multitask while installing 1 measly thing makes your OS crawl slower than a turtle. There's no point in having many things open at once if you're lagging like a mofo.

#647 Edited by tormentos (18356 posts) -

@slimdogmilionar said:

@MisterXMedia said:

Yeah and the xbox one OS has been criticized to because it slow to a crawl.

But that is because MS build the xbox thinking about TV and multitasking,sony build its unit around gaming alto it can do other things,the PS4 can run other task while running games,and double tapping the PS button get you to the last use app instantly.

#648 Posted by schu (9279 posts) -

@AzatiS said:

@me3x12 said:

@tormentos said:

@me3x12 said:

Sorry bro , you just powned yourself. PS4s version on this photos is way more crispy and detailed....

too hilarious..the ps4 shot is clearly better....

#649 Edited by xboxiphoneps3 (2379 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@MisterXMedia said:

@me3x12 said:

All of you

cloud? wheres the Cloud in action? Tiled resources isnt exclusive to Directx11.2, sorry bro but it does suck that the Xbox One is weaker then the PS4, the PS4 cpu and GPU is both stronger then the One and good luck on having cloud run on your 20 mbps line

#650 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

Amazed that this thread lives to be fair.