X1 will end up being the better 1080p system

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

This is a vary viable scenario. Here's the deal the drivers are way late for the X1 new SDK kits are going out really soon and already being said to be really fast and it makes achieving 1080p on X1 really easy with the new kits.

Apparently the situation is these new kits also give developers the tools they need to leverage the ESRAM in ways they had no clue.

Also MS will be dropping DX11.2 soon on X1 and when this happens you can store up to 6GB of textures on the ESRAM alone that's massive and will also make it really easy to achieve 1080p.

This is all true don't try to downplay it. When this happens and it's going to really soon the reality is that in FACT the X1 might flip the table and be the more capable box running full 1080p at 60fps because running 60fps

There is a lot of AM CRY coming gonna need lots of tissues soon.

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a550445/rebellion-xbox-one-1080p-issues-can-be-fixed.html

http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/153756.html

http://gamingbolt.com/why-xbox-ones-esram-feels-limited-despite-potential-to-store-6gb-of-tiled-textures-using-dx-11-2

#2 Edited by StormyJoe (5124 posts) -

@me3x12: I don't think the XB1 will produce "better" graphics than the PS4. But, if it can muster 1080p/60fps, that would be good.

I consider the XB1 to be the better device, while the PS4 is a better "gaming only" machine.

#3 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4645 posts) -

Literally posted this just when Thief was confirmed 900p Xbone, 1080p PS4.

Also good job citing SW's favourite Russian moron.

#4 Posted by Heil68 (43996 posts) -

lol

#5 Edited by Wickerman777 (1185 posts) -

Yawn. No matter what MS does with drivers 12 AMD GPU compute units is never going to be as good as 18 AMD GPU compute units.

#6 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@me3x12: I don't think the XB1 will produce "better" graphics than the PS4. But, if it can muster 1080p/60fps, that would be good.

I consider the XB1 to be the better device, while the PS4 is a better "gaming only" machine.

Actually the Xbox One will have the better graphics in the long run games like halo 5 and any games by Black Tusk aka new Gears game will be using full DX 11.2 and Tiled textures these games will have up to 6gb of textures and DX11.2 bells and whistles. It's already been stated by industry insiders that halo 5 is going to be so jaw dropping gorgeous people are going to be blown away.

Like I said new SDK kits are going out as we speak and it's going to make 1080p easy on X1 now this is why for first wave games we have not seen it becuase drivers where screwed that's all going to change now and then when MS unlocks DX11.2 and tiled resources coming soon things are going to get REAL on the Xbox One. Gonna be some scared Cows up in these parts really soon.

It's looking totally likely that MS knew all along what they were doing with a weaker GPU and with the ESRAM they knew once they released the proper dev kits and DX11.2 and Tiled Resources that things would be super wicked on Xbox One. The only problem was they did not have these dev tools ready at launch but they are coming really soon.

#7 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

This. The power gap will never be closed, but I do think the 1080p bug will likely get much much better. DirectX 11.2, the games built on that will truly begin to showcase what the One can do. Me thinks Halo 5 and Gears 4.

#8 Edited by Krelian-co (10673 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@StormyJoe said:

Actually the Xbox One will have the better graphics in the long run games like halo 5 and any games by Black Tusk aka new Gears game will be using full DX 11.2 and Tiled textures these games will have up to 6gb of textures and DX11.2 bells and whistles. It's already been stated by industry insiders that halo 5 is going to be so jaw dropping gorgeous people are going to be blown away.

this dog has something to say about this, lems are too desperate, teh secret sauce!!!!!

#9 Posted by hoyalawya (342 posts) -

The best that the Xbox One can hope for is to match PS4 graphical output for offline games. That is a tall order already.

#10 Edited by Wasdie (49753 posts) -

Umm no. You can't store 6 gigs of anything on 32 mbs. That's physically impossible. You're clearly interpreting the tech wrong.

Also the Xbox One's GPU has 50% less transistors than the PS4's GPU despite having practically the same architecture. The PS4 is more powerful and no changes to the API can possibly make up that performance gap.

Please just stop kidding yourself.

#11 Edited by bforrester420 (1457 posts) -

Still clinging to secret sauce theories...sad...

#12 Posted by Epic-gamerz (196 posts) -

TC you are so funny I'm starting to think you are just a Fake boy

#13 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Umm no. You can't store 6 gigs of anything on 32 mbs. That's physically impossible. You're clearly interpreting the tech wrong.

Also the Xbox One's GPU has 50% less transistors than the PS4's GPU despite having practically the same architecture. The PS4 is more powerful and no changes to the API can possibly make up that performance gap.

Are we a PS fanboy much lol you are so wrong you can store up to 6gb of textures on the ESRAM using Tiled Resources have you even researched this at all? Not to mention with the new SDK kits going out it's being said to help in big ways showing devs how to use the ESRAM way more efficiant and faster and 1080p should be easy now. Also the ESRAM is going to be a major factor for cloud gaming it allows for higher bandwidth connections to work much more esily for cloud gaming. Do some research Wasdie

#14 Edited by bezza2011 (2416 posts) -

Seriously you need to start getting over the fact the PS4 is better made, and is single handily the best platform excluding pc's to game on,

No matter what Microsoft do, it can't beat, GDDR5 Ram for gaming when it has DDR3 and it can't beat ps4's gpu when X1's is inferior, i mean seriously no secret just can ignore or become better than hard physical evidence. Xbox One will have some great games and great looking games but, PS4 is way to easy to develop for.

#15 Edited by bforrester420 (1457 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Wasdie said:

Are we a PS fanboy much lol you are so wrong you can store up to 6gb of textures on the ESRAM using Tiled Resources have you even researched this at all? Not to mention with the new SDK kits going out it's being said to help in big ways showing devs how to use the ESRAM way more efficiant and faster and 1080p should be easy now. Also the ESRAM is going to be a major factor for cloud gaming it allows for higher bandwidth connections to work much more esily for cloud gaming. Do some research Wasdie

The proof is in the pudding...we'll believe it when we see it.

#17 Posted by clr84651 (5405 posts) -

TC you're lame. \thread

#18 Posted by Wickerman777 (1185 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Wasdie said:

The guy linking to misterxmedia is telling other people to do research. Now that's rich. :)

#19 Posted by ACP_45 (429 posts) -

@Wasdie: LLOOOOL.

Nope you can’t store 6gb on 32mb of ESRAM.

But 6GB of textures..... YES You can.

PRT b!tch!!!

LMAO.

No hard feelings man :P

#20 Edited by Bigboi500 (29636 posts) -

Your bullshit links don't match your baseless opinion or your thread title.

#22 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

This is not secret sauce this is all FACT. It's true that DX11.2 is coming to Xbox One and it's true Tiled Resources is coming to Xbox One and it's a FACT you can store up to 6gb of textures on the 32mb ESRAM alone in FACT it's actually 47MB of ESRAM and it's also a FACT that new SDK dev kits are going out basically as we speak and a developer has already said it's going to make things way fast and make 1080p easy. What's so hard to swallow here?

MS owns DX and they will use Tiled Resources with DX11.2 and also in theory in Tiled Resources could be attempted on PS4 but they have no plans of doing so because it's been said it's nowhere near as efficient as it is on the proprietary DX11.2 and they would have to create separate apps to try to achieve it and it would be a huge system bog

#23 Edited by NFJSupreme (5301 posts) -

The best looking next gen games are not in 1080p so why do we keep making 1080p threads?

#24 Posted by santoron (7717 posts) -

How's about they get to comparable performances first, ehh?

You'd think after how this past year has gone, MS loyalists would be out of the prediction game.

#25 Edited by Wickerman777 (1185 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@bforrester420 said:

This is not secret sauce this is all FACT. It's true that DX11.2 is coming to Xbox One and it's true Tiled Resources is coming to Xbox One and it's a FACT you can store up to 6gb of textures on the 32mb ESRAM alone in FACT it's actually 47MB of ESRAM and it's also a FACT that new SDK dev kits are going out basically as we speak and a developer has already said it's going to make things way fast and make 1080p easy. What's so hard to swallow here?

MS owns DX and they will use Tiled Resources with DX11.2 and also in theory in Tiled Resources could be attempted on PS4 but they have no plans of doing so because it's been said it's nowhere near as efficient as it is on the proprietary DX11.2 and they would have to create separate apps to try to achieve it and it would be a huge system bog

It doesn't fargin matter. Nobody disputes that X1's graphics will improve over time. That happens with all consoles and it'll happen with PS4 as well. X1 will get better than it is now but it will always be behind PS4 technically because there's no getting around the fact that PS4 physically has a more powerful GPU in it than X1 does. Again: 18 CUs is better than 12 CUs. If ya think some tiled resources or whatever are gonna make up for the difference that 6 extra graphics cores makes then you're delusional.

#26 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3754 posts) -

Once they unlock the power of the cloud by fighting through the 7 layers of the candy cane forest, THEN they will realize an extra 372% of untapped raw optimization after slaying the evil narwhale and updating its drivers.... (and in style too) by flying out from the explosion riding a Pegasus being followed by a rainbow. Or something (pedro style).

#27 Edited by brut_fruit (99 posts) -

i......i don't even.....

#28 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Literally posted this just when Thief was confirmed 900p Xbone, 1080p PS4.

Also good job citing SW's favourite Russian moron.

If they had got the new SDK kits out in time I'd imagine Thief would be 1080p no probs moving forward in next 3rd forth wave games we should be seeing all 1080p games on X1 as the new SDK kits would be out by then and give developers enough time to work with it.

#29 Posted by Wasdie (49753 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Wasdie said:

Do you even understand the words you type? In absolutely no way does ESRAM have anything to do with cloud computing. You don't have any clue what tiled resources are either.

#30 Posted by Wasdie (49753 posts) -

@acp_45 said:

@Wasdie: LLOOOOL.

Nope you can’t store 6gb on 32mb of ESRAM.

But 6GB of textures..... YES You can.

PRT b!tch!!!

LMAO.

No hard feelings man :P

Seriously. How many people here actually know a thing about hardware and software? I see buzzwords and completely misinformation. Nobody here actually knows what they are talking about.

#31 Posted by Bigboi500 (29636 posts) -

Yep, Wasdie is totally a PS fanboy. *rolls eyes*

#32 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@Wasdie:

Are you serious come on your a freaking mod at that come on Wasdie step up your game. First off Tied Resources are a technique used to store huge amounts of texture data and it's plain as day already given you a link and I can provide plenty more for you to see YES YOU CAN store up to 6gb of texture on the ESRAM. And also here is a good link for you to be owned sorry but that's what we do here on SW own each other but have some ownage on the cloud benefits and the ESRAM that will show it's benefits in the future.

http://gamingbolt.com/why-xbox-ones-esram-feels-limited-despite-potential-to-store-6gb-of-tiled-textures-using-dx-11-2 Read towards the bottum for it's benefits for Cloud also it mentions clearly it can be used to store up to 6gb for textures using Tiled Resources.

Wasdie you have always been my favorite mod over the years but man you need to get your research together bra making me wonder the legitimacy of you even being a mod

#33 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

I provide proof and links as FACTS and Wasdie over looks all of it and trolls us with saying we are clueless? LOL Man your mod legitimacy is in real question now bra

#34 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -
#35 Posted by StormyJoe (5124 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@StormyJoe said:

this dog has something to say about this, lems are too desperate, teh secret sauce!!!!!

Ignorance is no excuse for dumb posts, @Krelian-co

#36 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

So Wasdie is hiding under a rock now?

#37 Posted by PS4TrumpsXbox1 (1070 posts) -

cough.. theif, MGS GZ, Watchdogs sub 1080 on xbox one (1080 on ps4) cough...

#38 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Cough the new SDK kits are just going out to devs for Xbox Cough 1080p will be easy now.

The Order 1886 the great savior for PS is 800p LMFAO keep waiting

#39 Posted by lostrib (35889 posts) -

By not having games in 1080p?

#40 Edited by PS4TrumpsXbox1 (1070 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

Cough the new SDK kits are just going out to devs for Xbox Cough 1080p will be easy now.

LOL sure it will... (guess they just missed out for Titanfall, wouldnt you think they would want that game in 1080 if its so called gonna be easier, I mean its suppose to be its flagship title for xone isnt it?...) and the order is 1080 now

#41 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

LOL sure it will... (guess they just missed out for Titanfall, wouldnt you think they would want that game in 1080 if its so called gonna be easier...) and the order is 1080 now

The new SDK kits are coming out soon Titanfall was to far in development. This is why it's been said Titanfall may get patched once the kits are out.

#42 Posted by PS4TrumpsXbox1 (1070 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

@me3x12 said:

@PS4TrumpsXbox1 said:

LOL sure it will... (guess they just missed out for Titanfall, wouldnt you think they would want that game in 1080 if its so called gonna be easier...) and the order is 1080 now

The new SDK kits are coming out soon Titanfall was to far in development. This is why it's been said Titanfall may get patched once the kits are out.

I guess we will see if those kits make a difference with games releasing end of the year (fall and winter) then... Also think I saw some rumors destiny could be sub 1080 on xone too, fyi (take with a grain of salt i guess, cuz its not confirmed)

#43 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

I guess Wasdie packed his bags and left the ownage I gave him must of been to much for him to bare. I bet he regrets ever coming into this thread. He must be hiding with his head between his legs now LOL

#44 Edited by lostrib (35889 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

I guess Wasdie packed his bags and left the ownage I gave him must of been to much for him to bare. I bet he regrets ever coming into this thread. He must be hiding with his head between his legs now LOL

Or you know, he just has other shit to do than argue with your stupid ass

#45 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@me3x12 said:

Well he sure had something to say until I DESTROYED HIM with FACTS and PROOF. Cows and now Wasdie are scared of this thread CLASSIC!!! Truth HURTS!!!

And again I've provided valid links backing up what I'm saying so I'm not just spewing BS it's all there for you to squirm and be scared of. Xbox One got some serious tricks up it's sleeve and the kits are coming haters be plenty scared of this shit storm brewing in MS fully operation Death Star.

#46 Posted by lostrib (35889 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@lostrib said:

@me3x12 said:

Well he sure had something to say until I DESTROYED HIM with FACTS and PROOF. Cows and now Wasdie are scared of this thread CLASSIC!!! Truth HURTS!!!

And again I've provided valid links backing up what I'm saying so I'm not just spewing BS it's all there for you to squirm and be scared of. Xbox One got some serious tricks up it's sleeve and the kits are coming haters be plenty scared of this shit storm brewing in MS fully operation Death Star.

...you are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity

#47 Posted by lynux3 (7269 posts) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbU3zdAgiX8

Keep them alive.

#48 Edited by Roler42 (705 posts) -

Until that happens, the xbone will continue to be an overpriced cablebox with a forced spycam

Reminds me of the little kid that got beaten in football by older kids "JUST YOU WAIT! I'M GONNA GROW UP AND BE BETTER THAN YOU!"

#49 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (6798 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

This is a vary viable scenario. Here's the deal the drivers are way late for the X1 new SDK kits are going out really soon and already being said to be really fast and it makes achieving 1080p on X1 really easy with the new kits.

Apparently the situation is these new kits also give developers the tools they need to leverage the ESRAM in ways they had no clue.

Also MS will be dropping DX11.2 soon on X1 and when this happens you can store up to 6GB of textures on the ESRAM alone that's massive and will also make it really easy to achieve 1080p.

This is all true don't try to downplay it. When this happens and it's going to really soon the reality is that in FACT the X1 might flip the table and be the more capable box running full 1080p at 60fps because running 60fps

There is a lot of AM CRY coming gonna need lots of tissues soon.

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a550445/rebellion-xbox-one-1080p-issues-can-be-fixed.html

http://misterxmedia.livejournal.com/153756.html

http://gamingbolt.com/why-xbox-ones-esram-feels-limited-despite-potential-to-store-6gb-of-tiled-textures-using-dx-11-2

Yeah I know!

#50 Edited by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -