X1 has the lowest player count in BF4; PC is the highest

#1 Edited by lostrib (43008 posts) -

I know people loved comparing the BF4stats user count, but BF4db shows number of players and peak players (24h). The X1 is less than a million players, lower than any platform. PS4 is 3rd below PS3 and PC. I know the X1 has sold less, but I didn't expect it to not even break a million players since Second Assault was timed exclusive.

Obviously the peak players in 24 hours will fluctuate depending on when you look at it in the week

Also, PC has a ridiculous amount of servers, but rent-a-server just launched for PS4

#3 Edited by granddogg (446 posts) -

ok.....and

#4 Posted by chikenfriedrice (11094 posts) -

Titanfall

#5 Edited by m_machine024 (15172 posts) -

Less people have XOne's. That is why.

:O :P

#6 Posted by tormentos (20282 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I know people loved comparing the BF4stats user count, but BF4db shows number of players and peak players (24h). The X1 is less than a million players, lower than any platform. PS4 is 3rd below PS3 and PC. I know the X1 has sold less, but I didn't expect it to not even break a million players since Second Assault was timed exclusive.

Obviously the peak players in 24 hours will fluctuate depending on when you look at it in the week

Also, PC has a ridiculous amount of servers, but rent-a-server just launched for PS4

Impossible the xbox live is the biggest community of gamers in every game ever created ask lemmings...

Look at those peaks the PS4 very close to PC while the xbox one trail it badly,oh and look the PS3 version beating the xbox 360 version as well how times change..

#7 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3817 posts) -

Nobody wants an Xbone.

#8 Posted by SolidGame_basic (19335 posts) -

I've seen PS4 a lot higher than that and usually more than PC at most times.

#9 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: same here. I've seen PS4 player count surpass PC a lot more times and by a huge amount. Not sure I trust the website lostrib is using.

#10 Posted by MonsieurX (31759 posts) -

1 out of 6 PS4 owners purchased BF4

Man,they're desperate for games

#11 Posted by PimpHand_Gamer (587 posts) -

BF4 sucks. I had fun in BF2 but BF4 is childish, everyone wants to be a lone wolf rambo badass with as many kills and dog tags as possible. I would get over 10k points per match and not hardly kill anyone on foot with my weapons.

#12 Edited by Jankarcop (10791 posts) -

PC games have more life, consoles game die after the next cod sequel or 1 month after launch.

#14 Edited by darkangel115 (2247 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Probably because BF4 is still broken and a terrible game. Also Its always been more of a PC game then console game so the PC stats don't surprise me. I have it for Xbox one, don't play it and most people on Xbox one that play shooters are playing titanfall anyway.

#15 Posted by MonsieurX (31759 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@MonsieurX said:

That's actually 1 out of every ~ 5 PS4 owners ... >.>.....

Even worst

#16 Posted by lostrib (43008 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:

Probably because BF4 is still broken and a terrible game. Also Its always been more of a PC game then console game so the PC stats don't surprise me. I have it for Xbox one, don't play it and most people on Xbox one that play shooters are playing titanfall anyway.

I remember hearing complaints about a lack of servers as well on the X1.

#17 Posted by Tighaman (1038 posts) -

x1 is not staving for game online too much variety on the x1 to be playing bf4

#18 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (16331 posts) -

Nobody want's an xbone, the only thing I see people even mention console wise in a positive way is ps4 round these parts.

#19 Posted by misterpmedia (4521 posts) -

it's been like that since BF4 launched.

#21 Edited by lostrib (43008 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@lostrib: Yeah. The X1 has roughly 600k less players than the PS4 version, but it doesn't even have half the servers of the PS4 version. I can see that being a serious issue for many players.

Luckily they just allowed for server rentals...unfortunately there was an issue with the X1 so it's been temporarily removed

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/battlefield-4-players-can-now-rent-servers-unless-they-re-playing-on-xbox-one/1100-6419310/

#22 Posted by silversix_ (16280 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

Titanfall

cuz its exclusive to Xbone and isn't available on 360 AND pc.

#23 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7642 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

Titanfall

cuz its exclusive to Xbone and isn't available on 360 AND pc.

Obviously!

Bf3>Bf4 anyway.

#24 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@m_machine024 said:

Less people have XOne's. That is why.

:O :P

Honestly, this. PC will always be biggest as its optimized for it. PS4 has sold more, and TF came out 2 months ago and is getting new content soon. Far from shocking.

#25 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

No surprise there at all. PS3 over 360 might very slightly raise my eyebrow though.

#27 Posted by Heil68 (47398 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@MonsieurX said:

The best attachment rate in the business. We all know SONY fans around the world buy games for their consoles. SONY truly is on a ROLL.

#28 Posted by darkangel115 (2247 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:

I remember hearing complaints about a lack of servers as well on the X1.

Hmmm haven't heard that. But then again i haven't played it much. The game is terrible. Very disappointed in it. But as far as people wanting to play shooters on the xbox one they have titanfall PvZ, CoD and BF4. the PS4 has KZ, CoD, and BF4. basically on the PS4 its probably the lesser of the evils

#29 Posted by mems_1224 (48611 posts) -

I gave up on BF4 a while ago. Most of my friends have an xbone and that game is boring to play alone.

#30 Edited by inb4uall (6520 posts) -

@lostrib said:

So lems are the smartest because the least number of them bought EA's POS broken game?

#31 Edited by uninspiredcup (12950 posts) -

The Xbox people play Calls Of Dutys.

#32 Edited by lostrib (43008 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

@lostrib said:

So lems are the smartest because the least number of them bought EA's POS broken game?

#33 Edited by MonsieurX (31759 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@Desmonic said:

@MonsieurX said:

The best attachment rate in the business. We all know SONY fans around the world buy games for their consoles. SONY truly is on a ROLL.

A tootsie?

#34 Posted by regnaston (290 posts) -

I had this game and hated it so it went back

However if XB1 sold 5 million units (to retailer) and PS4 sold 7 million units (to consumers). The attach rate for the XB1 for BF4 is 16.14% and the attach rate for PS4 for BF4 is 19.62% .. so not that big a gap, and I suspect even less a gap if we had the sold to consumers numbers from xbox

#35 Edited by Indicud (745 posts) -

@MonsieurX: almost 1 in 5 bought it for the Xbox One (18% of total console attach rate) also.

4.5 million (4.2 last reported sold through)/802,000= 5.6

#36 Edited by TheFadeForever (2246 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

\

@I_can_haz said:

@SolidGame_basic: same here. I've seen PS4 player count surpass PC a lot more times and by a huge amount. Not sure I trust the website lostrib is using.

If their's data you guys can provide that can support that we are all open ears but for now it didn't happen

#37 Edited by DA1M0Z (34 posts) -

I think it's clear that not many people bought the hype for Xbone.

#38 Posted by Heil68 (47398 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@Heil68 said:

@Desmonic said:

@MonsieurX said:

A tootsie?

I didn't even have to give a $1? THANKS!

#40 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3934 posts) -

Hasn't it sold the worst on XB1? If so isn't this expected? I know I switched to PC months ago so I couldn't even tell you how bare the servers are. Game is still pretty iffy anyways.

#41 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@DA1M0Z said:

I think it's clear that not many people bought the hype for Xbone.

I know, only 4+ million. :)

#42 Posted by TigerSuperman (3628 posts) -

When Has BF every been an Xbox seller outside the first bad company lostrib?

#43 Posted by clr84651 (5547 posts) -

The PS3 & PS4 together have more than PC. PC = 2,538,354 PS3 & 4 = 2,788,487

The X1 & 360 = 1,934,027

#44 Edited by m3dude1 (1650 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

this. game is dying on pc. broken as hell. bf4stats shows entirely different numbers and ps4 usually has the most people playing.

#45 Edited by lostrib (43008 posts) -

@TigerSuperman said:

When Has BF every been an Xbox seller outside the first bad company lostrib?

No idea, I was just surprised how low it was. And X1 did get timed exclusivity on the Second Assault DLC

#46 Edited by lostrib (43008 posts) -

@m3dude1 said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

this. game is dying on pc. broken as hell. bf4stats shows entirely different numbers and ps4 usually has the most people playing.

It's broken in some way across all platforms.

Most likely there are differences in when the "Playing" stats are updated. i was looking more at the number of total players

#47 Edited by Wasdie (50673 posts) -

But Battlefield is so broken it's unplayable!

/sarcasm

Good numbers despite the issues. It's funny seeing that 8k servers on the PC, I'll bet 75% of them sit idle for days on end with no players.

#48 Posted by lostrib (43008 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

But Battlefield is so broken it's unplayable!

/sarcasm

Good numbers despite the issues. It's funny seeing that 8k servers on the PC, I'll bet 75% of them sit idle for days on end with no players.

It's not unplayable anymore but it sure can be frustrating. I've been trying to get back to it after a few months off

#49 Posted by m3dude1 (1650 posts) -

just because the game no longer crashes every 15 minutes doesnt mean its not broken.

#50 Posted by RR360DD (13049 posts) -

Probably because Xbox owners have better multiplayer games to play (as much as it saddens me to say).

Cows only have Clownzone so of course they're going to be stuck with BF4.