X1 controller, Wii U Pro, or Dualshock 4 - which is better?

• 94 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll X1 controller, Wii U Pro, or Dualshock 4 - which is better? (148 votes)

X1 controller 42%
Wii U Pro 26%
Dualshock 4 32%

Not gonna lie, SW. In past polls, I chose the Dualshock 4. But having been playing quite a bit of PC and some X1 games lately, I'm starting to like the X1 controller more. Right now, as of today, it's my favorite. I really like the sturdy feel of the controller as well as the triggers. I even got around to liking joysticks. What about you, SW?

• 
brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#1 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

Xbox One.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

I prefer the PS4 controller. It uses actual inbuilt rechargable batteries so I don't need to be changing batteries like it's 2005 and the d-pad is great with fighting games (which I play a lot).

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

PS4's controller is still my preferred.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

M+KB!!!!!

360 controller

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

@quadknight: Yeah, gotta love the DS4's built in batteries that last an amazing 5 hours. I mean, who would want an XB1 controller with batteries that last a measly week. DEWL SHAWK 4 Lyfe yo!!!1

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

I don't like the bumpers on the X1's controller but it feels better in my hands. The DS4 just feels cheap.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@Guy_Brohski said:

@quadknight: Yeah, gotta love the DS4's built in batteries that last an amazing 5 hours. I mean, who would want an XB1 controller with batteries that last a measly week. DEWL SHAWK 4 Lyfe yo!!!1

and how much money have you spent changing batteries since you bought your Xbone? I've spent $0 on the DS4.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Dualshock 4, easily. Maybe one day they'll be able to turn off the damn light for good though. Only negative.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Wii U Pro is my favorite. I highly dislike DualShock 4, but I deal with it.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#11 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

When not considering battery life, DS4. Otherwise I would go with the Wii Pro. (love the dpad and button-esque triggers.

DS4

Pros: Speaker, Ergonomic, 3.5 jack, Grip texture, Ton of Features

Cons: Battery, Stick Placement+

Xbox One Pad

Pros: Replaceable Batteries, Good Battery Life

Cons: Dpad, Triggers, Impulse Triggers

Wii U Pro

Pros: Amazing Dpad, Immortal Battery Life, Buttons, Shoulder Button/Triggers

Cons: Small Sticks, Glossy Finish

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@clyde46 said:

I don't like the bumpers on the X1's controller but it feels better in my hands. The DS4 just feels cheap.

I've never really had a problem with the bumpers while playing but yea, they feel weird. the thing about the xbone controller is that its fucking loud.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

I've only played a little with the X1 controller, but it felt sturdy and well made. I came away still preferring the 360 pad (the GOAT) but it took awhile for me to adjust to that as well at first. With time the X1 would likely rate around the 360 pad.

The DS4 is an excellent pad, and i love almost everything about the redesign. Another controller that I could use for everything without issue.

Haven't ever held a Pro controller, though since you have to pay extra to get one Im not sure why it's in this comparison. Always looked a bit... Chunky in photos, but they say the camera adds 10 pounds.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@clyde46 said:

I'm the same with the bumpers, infuriating that i'd find myself randomly drawing my weapon in Watch Dogs because i'd caught the end of the bumper by accident.

The X1 controller isn't much better on the build quality either, they didn't fit the housing properly around the micro usb port so you can see the circuit board, the sticks don't have as a good a feel as the 360's and the rough print on the thumb sticks isn't too pleasant after long periods of use.

Where's your cheap feeling coming from? The DS4 feels pretty study to me.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

@clyde46 said:

I'm the same with the bumpers, infuriating that i'd find myself randomly drawing my weapon in Watch Dogs because i'd caught the end of the bumper by accident.

The X1 controller isn't much better on the build quality either, they didn't fit the housing properly around the micro usb port so you can see the circuit board, the sticks don't have as a good a feel as the 360's and the rough print on the thumb sticks isn't too pleasant after long periods of use.

It just feels cheap. Its kinda hard to describe. The plastic feels cheap, the build quality isn't great and the sticks are really sloppy. Its also really light as well.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Those Shoulder buttons on the Xbone are incredibly disappointing, and while the Xbone Dpad is slightly improved, the Dpad is still a major issue in 2D games and fighters. It's even more evident if you own a Wii U and PS4, as I do and play classic games and fighters. I have friends that opt to play Killer Instinct with the analog sticks half the time, which is no good. That gives the 360 controller an advantage over the Xbone due to the shoulder buttons/bumpers/triggers being downgraded on Xbone (both have poor dpads, but the 360 triggers are good). I dislike AA batteries for either 360 or Xbone controller though. Huge problem for me when in the middle of a heated MP session and my damn controller turns off, and I'm scrambling around to find two more AA batteries or I can opt to buy a play and charge kit but I still have to scramble for it. Cellphones, 3DS, Wii U, DS4, DS3, DS, PSP, Vita, and more are all rechargeable. It feels so backwards that the newest Xbox is still using batteries, but I've heard all the apologist arguments before, but can you imagine putting batteries in your mobile every month? Your Vita or 3DS? No thanks. Those that have a taste for it are more than welcome to have their opinion, but this was my opinion last gen as well.

I enjoy the default Wii U Tablet controller, but the batteries have not lasted a party hosted at SolidTy's crib yet. It dies too quickly and Nintendo did acknowledge that at launch and even offer a larger battery one can purchase. Of course, you can adjust the Wii U Tablet turning the screen brightness down a bit, turn down the volume, but it still won't last long enough. It's ironic since the Wii U has some fun local couch co op games, but the controller shuts down when we are grooving at a BBQ. I realize having a Tablet is a good excuse for why the batteries die faster, but I'm hear to talk about my experience and there it is. One can buy a Wii U Pro controller for Wii U at an extra cost, but the Wii U Pro doesn't even work with every Wii U game. The Shoulder buttons are decent enough, and the Dpad is excellent, but it also lacks headset support for online play which is odd as many people buy the Pro controller for COD and other online shooter games. Still, Wii U Pro is an additional accessory which should also be noted.

I think the DS4's weakness is the batteries as well, and while they last twice as long as the Wii U Tablet, the controller still could stand to last longer. Like the Wii U, you can tweak the DS4 to get it to last even longer (settings: set to 10 minutes auto off, dim the light, turn down the volume, adjust the vibration, etc), but not everyone will adjust their Wii U and PS4 controllers or even bother with settings. A positive on the DS4 is it has a Headset Jack! You can even listen to your games in stereo/surround with a headset quietly if that is an issue at home. Touchpad isn't used much, but it certainly welcome when it is used.

I see tiny flaws with all three controllers, but it's not a big deal. I love them all. I would give the DS4 the edge overall. This is my opinion, and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I come from a generation of gamers using horrible schemes like the Atari 2600, Intellivision, Atari 5200, or even the Sega Master System and NES which were not ergonomic at the time. After many hours, gamers had cramps, but we were thankful at that time because it was still better than previous gens. We have come A LONG WAY and I'm very thankful for all three controllers.

Minor issues:

Xbone: Dpad still not accurate on for 2D games, terrible bumper buttons, and AA Batteries still being used which poses problems when in heated online sessions (something promoted by Xbox Live Gold). 360 controller, despite the flaws with Dpad is much better controller.

Solution: Buy a Play and Charge kit ($25) and keep the charge cable ready if in a heated online MP session. I can't fix the Trigger or Dpad issues though.

---

DS4: Batteries are rechargeable, but the controller dies too soon in comparison to the DS3, but not nearly as fast as the Wii U Tablet. I'd say it lasts double the Wii U tablet in my experiments, but still I wish it was longer. The DS4 has outlasted parties at my house (7 hours ish), which is crucial if needed. That's my main pet peeve. Great Dpad and Shoulder buttons. Touch Screen is nice when used. Headset Jack on the controller works great for Multiplayer and even Singleplayer if you want to listen to your games using an any headset and keep the sound down in your home.

Solution: Keep your included Charge Cable ready, if not go spend $1 - $4 on a longer PS4/cell phone charging cable from Amazon or even get an extra DS4 controller for Co op and use that for swapping in one player games.

---

Wii U: I love it, but the Tablet dies too soon. It hasn't lasted one party I've hosted. I'm the friend that owns a WiI U, lol. 3 hours until death and then we power up another machine. I have also had a few female friends tell me the Tablet is unwieldy after an hour, but I'm fine because I'm a manly man! Great Dpad. Touch screen is nice when used. Slow Charging up time as well. You can buy a Wii U Pro controller which has no triggers, but decent shoulder buttons and great Dpad. One negative for the Wii U Pro controller, it has no earphone/headset jack which is a really stupid engineering decision. That means for online sessions that actually support online chat, keep your Wii U Tablet also ready. Actually, the Wii U Pro doesn't even work with every Wii U game, so that's a negative as well.

Solution: Buy the Wii U Pro controller ($50). It's the most expensive solution but it's a long, long lasting controller. If someone is considering buying an extra controller for Wii U battery concerns, that same argument would apply to the PS4 owners. The Wii U Pro controller has a great Dpad as well. Only a few downsides. No triggers, but still like the shoulder buttons. Also, as mentioned, not every Wii U game has Wii U Pro support, so it's not a solution for every game. Also, the Wii U pro has no vibration.

---

This is being picky, but that's the point of this thread, right?

I buy the machines at launches every gen, this is my opinion.

No need to get upset or whatever future trolls, just posting my experiences. My experiences since launch, playing dozens of games over the last few years, and enjoying all three controllers. Quoting me in a forum thread and telling me you hate my long time experiences I've developed over time won't change my experience or opinion. I'm not debating my experiences, they are just that, my experiences. If you have a different opinion on your launch machines playing them over a given time, feel free to post it.

Thank you for reading and have a great day.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

WiiU Pro. No nonsense. No gimmicks. Best dpad. Best battery. Best analog sticks. Most responsive buttons.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

WiiU pro controller.

The only con I have for it is it's not an Xbox 360 controller.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Definitely Xbone.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

I have used the Xbone controller quite a bit, the simple fact is that it feels like a downgrade

I never use the new D-Pad on xone controller so it doesn't matter if its better to me, and it feels a lot better but i still don't use them at all and its still terrible compared to ps4 or snes d-pad

the thumbsticks are very loud and too snappy which means you have to use a lot more force on it then the 360 sticks not as relaxing

the build quality is very light an cheaply made compared to the very sturdy 360 controller

the controller is smaller and doesn't feel as comrfotable either, feels cramped after using it for awhile

the xb1 controller doesn't come with a usb chord to plug into the console to play like the 360 one did so if you run out of double aa batteries you cannot play games period

the xb1 controller cannot plug in headsets it doesn't have standard headset jack

the xb1 controller drains batteries very quickly seen it dies within 24-48 hours of being on and sometimes doesn't turn off i actually prefer just gaming with a chord for long play throughs which xb1 doesnt come with it at all

the xb1 bumpers also are very loud and clicky just like the thumb sticks this controller doesn't feel relaxing at all to use for long periods

the ps4 contorller is a huge upgrade over the ds3, sony actually did improve it and did invest in it

the d-pad is disgustingly great for indies/old school games/fighters best d-pad ever made

comes with usb cable can play while recharging so never have to stop gaming ever unlike xb1 unless you go buy the crappy xb1 usb/rechargeable rip off, the chord they give is weak / short and leaves much to be desired for gaming

the DS4 is the prefered 8th controller it comes with a headset jack standard

the analog sticks feel less snappy, a good thing imo

More comfortable = ps4

can game infinitely for free = ps4

features = ps4

old school gaming = ps4

microsoft PLZ next time just build a 360 styled controller with a ps4 d-pad and a sick long usb chord included/rechargable batteries and a headset jack

got super lazy with this one once i get my ps4 i will never have to use tht controller again for multiplats

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Wii U Pro.

It's not even a question.

It's only con is the lack of trigger style shoulder buttons.

Everything else about it is leaps and bounds ahead of any other gamepad. It has about 40 hours battery life. Perfect ergonomics. Can be charged via any USB slot.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#22 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

X1. Corrected the Dpad and messed up the bumpers but still the best imo. DS4 did well spacing the sticks further apart but the batt life absolutely blows and the stic nubs suck.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

@SolidTy: Are you confusing triggers with bumpers?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Buttons and D-Pad aside, the 360's controller wiped the floor with the DS3. I'd imagine the One's controller is as good. That being said, the DS4 is really nice in the hands. It lacks convex sticks which stinks and I wish the Vita's GOAT D-Pad made it over, but it gets my vote.

Wii U Pro loses based on its stick placement alone. Bothers me to this day.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

This is what I posted on a similar thread, with some edits:

DS4 is more ergonomic, the texture on the back is great, especially for sweaty hands. Face buttons are ok, d-pad is great and robust, analogs are ok, triggers could have been a lot better, bumpers are good, the touchpad should have been removed for a bigger battery or something. The controller looks cheap as ****. Especially the front.

M$ really fucked up when it comes to the bumpers, just awful, they are frustrating for any action that needs constant pressing, requiring so much force when the triggers are so smooth is stupid.

Controller is all plastic so not a nice grip, I also dislike the clicky feel of the face buttons and d-pad. D-pad is not robust enough for fighting games.

The triggers are almost close to perfection, they just protrude a little bit more than necessary and the travel distance could be a little bit shorter. Analogs are ok.

And even tho I've used PS controllers all my life, I don't mind the asymmetrical position of the sticks on the bone controller, but I really think the d-pad belongs where it is on the DS4.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Wii U Pro>X1>DS4

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

Xbox One for 3D games (I hate it for 2D games)

PS4 for 2D games (I hate it for 3D games)

The Wii U Pro controller is not my favorite for either type of game, but it is the only one that I think is good for both 3D and 2D games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@clyde46 said:

@hoosier7 said:

@clyde46 said:

It just feels cheap. Its kinda hard to describe. The plastic feels cheap, the build quality isn't great and the sticks are really sloppy. Its also really light as well.

If the build quality isn't great you should be able to name an aspect that's poor.

I disagree on the plastic, the housing is firm with no flex or give and no creaking as i found with the DS3 for example DS3, the back is curved more with the patterned pistol grip texture too. Nothing there says cheap, if Sony had skimped the shape would be less complex and blocky like the DS3, it wouldn't use textured plastic and there wouldn't be the nice gloss around the face buttons. I also disagree on the sticks, they've noticeably loosened the resistance on the sticks on the Xbox One controller compared to the 360 whilst the PS4's have been stiffened. If anything it's the X1 controller that has sloppy sticks.

Only issue i've had is the rubber on the sticks wearing down, i've had the controller replaced and the new controller use different rubber and don't have the problem. I did however prefer the feel of the analogue face buttons on the DS3 but i hear the latency is better with the digital buttons and the triggers are the default for most pressure sensitive stuff these days anyway.

I travel quite a bit atm so my controllers should have more wear and tear given they get bashed about on top of the usual use but i've not had any problems. Beyond what you "feel" you've not provided any evidence for the X1 controller to be of better quality whilst i have provided evidence to the contrary.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

The DualShock 4 has a lot of already listed problems but I have one serious gripe with it that makes me really dislike using it. On the Xbox 360/One controllers the analog sticks are completely pitted out in the center, on the DualShock 4 it's indented similar to the pitted out design of the 360/One analog sticks, but then it's got this stupid middle part that sticks back up. It makes keeping your thumbs in place a chore and it feels awkward, I don't like it at all.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Dual shock 4 ofc...it work on the most powerful consol :P

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#31 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

i've tried them and Dualshock 4 is the best imho

Keegz_nz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Keegz_nz
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts

@hoosier7: some ds4s are very poorly made with creaking, loud trigger springs and the rubber peeling off sticks. Mine flexes more than a 6 year old ds3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

Xbox One for me. It gives me the choice of using batteries, or buying battery charge pack. This way I'm not stuck with a broken battery for which I have to use a screwdriver to open my controller. It's all about the choice. Ergonomically, the xbox 360 and xbox one controller have always been better than the DS. This hasn't changed this generation.

Wii U pro controller is a ripoff, and looks like a 3rd party Logitech controller.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

X1.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I think the DS4 and X1 controller are equally good.

The WiiU controller on the other hand....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

@Keegz_nz said:

@hoosier7: some ds4s are very poorly made with creaking, loud trigger springs and the rubber peeling off sticks. Mine flexes more than a 6 year old ds3.

Well that's certainly news to me, i've got two and have probably used around another 4 controllers from playing at friends' houses, only had the rubber issue on one.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

Xbone pad=DS4>Wii controller.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

DS4 is the best controller ever made BUT its not a perfect controller. X1 placement of analog sticks is better, l2/r2 doesn't feel that great in shooters but that's about it. Everything else is perfection.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Where the hell did idiots get the idea that asymmetrical stick placement is better than symmetric?

And then there's the likes of ridiculous losers like Slow Robert who can be safely ignored.

Extrodinare101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Extrodinare101
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

From what I hear the D4's battery life is laughably short, also from the controller I played with at Gamestop it feels pretty cheap.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Where the hell did idiots get the idea that asymmetrical stick placement is better than symmetric?

And then there's the likes of ridiculous losers like Slow Robert who can be safely ignored.

I think first person shooters.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Heirren said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Dunno how, it barely makes a difference. Symmetrical makes it easier to claw the D-pad too.

King_Dodongo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 King_Dodongo
Member since 2006 • 3759 Posts

Held all controllers, -Wii U Pro is the winner in my eyes.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Heirren said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Dunno how, it barely makes a difference. Symmetrical makes it easier to claw the D-pad too.

People look at stick placement and think thats it. Comfort is the entire controller. Comparing a 360 pad to a DS3--you simply got more leverage on the aiming stick because of how the "handle" part of the controller is designed. It is difficult to get across unless you are sort of talking through what part of X controller benefits what. Imo the Wiiu Pro nails it with ever possible position being comfortable.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

Xb1. They improved the one thing I hated on 360 controller which was the dpad.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

I think the DS4 and X1 controller are equally good.

The WiiU controller on the other hand....

... is easily the best.

That said, I'm a sucker for Sony controllers and use the DS4 more than anything else. So it gets my vote.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#47 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I've used the Wii U pro controller and the dual shock 4

-The dual shock 4 is a massive improvement over past Sony controllers in terms of comfort. Unfortunately they keep the analogue sticks level with each other which makes my thumb placements lopsided for the most part while playing and the battery life is abysmal.

-The Wii U pro controller is the most comfortable controller in a long while. It's essentially a 360 controller but wider and eliminating those trigger ridges on the bottom that used to dig into my middle fingers. The most incredible part about this controller is that it has a whopping 80 hour battery life. Unfortunately this controller has the analogue sticks level with each other like I said above and the triggers are just digital.

It's a pretty close one between these two but I think the battery life is pretty important. If the PS4's controller added about 3-5 more hours of battery life I probably would have given it the win, but as it stands I prefer the Wii U pro controller.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Haven't used the Wii U pro controller but the X1 take its easily against the DS4.

Sony tried their best in copying the 360 controller, and yes the DS4 is a huge improvement over the DS3 but it still fails in so many areas. Too many gimmicks shoved in, terrible battery life, its too light and I'm not sure how they've done it but they've managed to make it feel even cheaper than the DS3. I've never been a huge fan of the DS due to its stupid placement of the analogue sticks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

@RR360DD said:

Haven't used the Wii U pro controller but the X1 take its easily against the DS4.

Sony tried their best in copying the 360 controller, and yes the DS4 is a huge improvement over the DS3 but it still fails in so many areas. Too many gimmicks shoved in, terrible battery life, its too light and I'm not sure how they've done it but they've managed to make it feel even cheaper than the DS3. I've never been a huge fan of the DS due to its stupid placement of the analogue sticks.

I agree with the exception of it feeling cheap. The DS3 felt like junk. DS4 uses higher quality plastic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Heirren said:

By just looking at the pictures, the xbox one controllers also looks more high-end, and not fake plastic-y