W@W ps3 or 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

leafs4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 leafs4ever
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts

hey guys,

just trying to decide whether to get COD W@W for my ps3 or 360. I know i want the game and figure that the graphics can't be that different on either system, so i'm just looking for some opinions on which system the game plays better on.

Thanks

Chris

Leo-Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Leo-Magic
Member since 2005 • 3025 Posts
[QUOTE="leafs4ever"]

hey guys,

just trying to decide whether to get COD W@W for my ps3 or 360. I know i want the game and figure that the graphics can't be that different on either system, so i'm just looking for some opinions on which system the game plays better on.

Thanks

Chris

ps3 = blu ray xbox 360= gaming in xbox, you have better online play, and more game library now and the future.
readingfc_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 readingfc_1
Member since 2004 • 2548 Posts
[QUOTE="Leo-Magic"][QUOTE="leafs4ever"]

hey guys,

Thanks

Chris

ps3 = blu ray xbox 360= gaming in xbox, you have better online play, and more game library now and the future.

That reply isn't very helpful. I fon't have the game but i can tell you that the online will be better on the 360.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
Both games are identical from difficulty to glitches...ect Its a treyarch game built upon an Infinity ward engine there the original *cod4* is the superior game and WaW is inferior in every way.
The 360 version is gonna be your better bet you'll find more people playing it on 360.
TheTrystero024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheTrystero024
Member since 2006 • 567 Posts

hey guys,

Thanks

Chris

leafs4ever
I'm assuming that you're going to play a lot of online MP. If you have a lot friends to play it with XBL, then buy it for the 360. If you have more friends to play with at PSN, then buy it for the PS3.
Indie_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Indie_Hitman
Member since 2008 • 2457 Posts
[QUOTE="Leo-Magic"][QUOTE="leafs4ever"]

hey guys,

Thanks

Chris

How does bigger library of games configure which console to buy w@w for ? TC just buy for wherever youre friends are at
Avatar image for coolnessmancool
coolnessmancool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 coolnessmancool
Member since 2005 • 1405 Posts
[QUOTE="leafs4ever"]

hey guys,

Thanks

Chris

TheTrystero024
I'm assuming that you're going to play a lot of online MP. If you have a lot friends to play it with XBL, then buy it for the 360. If you have more friends to play with at PSN, then buy it for the PS3.

this is the right answer
Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Theverydeepend
Member since 2008 • 520 Posts

hey guys,

Thanks

Chris

leafs4ever

Which console do most of your friends play?

If you have no friends which controller do you like more.

Buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#9 Buneroid
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts

Both games are identical from difficulty to glitches...ect Its a treyarch game built upon an Infinity ward engine there the original *cod4* is the superior game and WaW is inferior in every way.
The 360 version is gonna be your better bet you'll find more people playing it on 360.WilliamRLBaker

That's a dumb reason. I'm sure out of the 100k people that play each day he will never ever have trouble finding a game. But anyways, both versions are identical in every way. It depends which system you have more friends on, which controller you prefer, etc.

leafs4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 leafs4ever
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts

thanks for help guys, i have almost equal amount of friends on both systems so that doesn't really make much of a difference, but yes i will be playing MP a lot. I have no played COD 4 but figure that i'll pick up W@W until Modern Warfare 2 comes out and then pick that up. I actually like both controllers but most of my 1st person shooters are on 360 (except resistence 2) so maybe i'll get it for the 360.

I'm going to be buying it off ebay most likely so i guess i'll just get it for whichever system i can get it for cheaper lol. Good to know that both systems play the game equally well so i can get it for either.

Thanks again

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]Both games are identical from difficulty to glitches...ect Its a treyarch game built upon an Infinity ward engine there the original *cod4* is the superior game and WaW is inferior in every way.
The 360 version is gonna be your better bet you'll find more people playing it on 360.Buneroid

That's a dumb reason. I'm sure out of the 100k people that play each day he will never ever have trouble finding a game. But anyways, both versions are identical in every way. It depends which system you have more friends on, which controller you prefer, etc.

how is that a dumb reason? the 360 version will have more people playing it online then the ps3 thats just a simple fact.
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts
the reasons i bought it for 360 is to play with and against my friends on it and its true it has a bigger community but you will get many many people playing on the ps3 version. So really, playing online is not an issue, its who you wanna play with.
Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
Flip a coin. Unless you have more friends that play on a specific console. Also, if you buy more multiplats for one system, start buying them for the other. That way both systems will get played.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
Depends what your friends are playing. Iv had COD4 on PS3 and alot of people were on it and im pretty sure its the same today and with WAW.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 finalfantasy94
[QUOTE="Buneroid"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]Both games are identical from difficulty to glitches...ect Its a treyarch game built upon an Infinity ward engine there the original *cod4* is the superior game and WaW is inferior in every way.
The 360 version is gonna be your better bet you'll find more people playing it on 360.WilliamRLBaker

how is that a dumb reason? the 360 version will have more people playing it online then the ps3 thats just a simple fact.

Yea but you make it sound like you comparing a number like 30 on xbl and 10 on PSN. WHich is not true. Your going to have a HUGE number of people on both xbl and psn.

Rhubarb9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rhubarb9
Member since 2006 • 2352 Posts
ask yourself whichone of Killzone 2 or next halo tickles you fancy more
also what controller you like and if you enjoy paying subscriptions for online that should be free and RRoD
DragonxanderPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 DragonxanderPR
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts
If you want online gaming, the PS3 version would suite you better, since there are enough players. Even if it comes at some connection instability, it is worth more than paying for the connection AND the internet service (BOO Xbox LIVE!). BUt if you have more COD-playing friends on the 360, tne 360 version is better for you.
DireOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DireOwl
Member since 2007 • 3352 Posts
Imo the 360 has the best controller for FPS. Also I have noticed that allot of FPS use nearly identical control schemes.
rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#19 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts
Niether. Game isn't very good. But if you must get it 360 is the only way to go.
Theverydeepend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Theverydeepend
Member since 2008 • 520 Posts
[QUOTE="leafs4ever"]

hey guys,

Thanks

Chris

Leo-Magic

What does having a more of a game library have to do with him buying a Game for one of the two consoles he owns? Unless Cod5 gets better the more games there are in the console's library.
Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#21 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts
In terms of player-base skill i would prefer the 360 to the PS3, the Sixaxis for shooters is absolutey horrdendous, the position of the joystiqs just make me lolwut,i can't imagine Cows being decent let alone good at shooters, stick to your Ratchet and Clanks imo.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I'm guessing its the same on both platforms, because I haven't heard of problems that are on one and not the other.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#23 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
PS3. I prefer the online community for it over live.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

You'll have a ton of people playing on both versions. More than enough to play with.

Depends on where your friends play. Graphics are pretty much identical and depending on your controller preference i guess, that would determine what you get it on.

PS3 has many online games already above/at the 32 player online limit so i'm betting you get less lag on PSN (seems more stable with higher player games).

PS3 and 360 are both for gaming, just depends on which platform has the friends. Either way, the game is the same thing on both consoles.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 finalfantasy94

In terms of player-base skill i would prefer the 360 to the PS3, the Sixaxis for shooters is absolutey horrdendous, the position of the joystiqs just make me lolwut,i can't imagine Cows being decent let alone good at shooters, stick to your Ratchet and Clanks imo.Dead-Memories

Wow dude just wow. That had to be one of the dumbest things I have heard. Cause you suck at useing a DS3 you assume everyone who plays on the PSN shooters must suck. How old are you?

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

In terms of player-base skill i would prefer the 360 to the PS3, the Sixaxis for shooters is absolutey horrdendous, the position of the joystiqs just make me lolwut,i can't imagine Cows being decent let alone good at shooters, stick to your Ratchet and Clanks imo.Dead-Memories

Guess the same thing could be said for 360 and fighters. The D-pad on the 360 is terrible. I really can't imagine anyone on any 360 fighter (online or offlnie) being anywhere near as good as the PS3 counterpart. C wat i did ther? :|

See, i can do generalizations too. For the record, the Sixaxis is great for shooters. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean everyone else sucks with it. Most PS3 players are very good in WaW and CoD4 (and all other shooters). There is absolutely no way to guage how good one is in comparison to the other console. Spare everyone your little squabbles based on nothing.

Dead-Memories

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 190

#27 Dead-Memories
Member since 2008 • 6587 Posts

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]In terms of player-base skill i would prefer the 360 to the PS3, the Sixaxis for shooters is absolutey horrdendous, the position of the joystiqs just make me lolwut,i can't imagine Cows being decent let alone good at shooters, stick to your Ratchet and Clanks imo.finalfantasy94

Wow dude just wow. That had to be one of the dumbest things I have heard. Cause you suck at useing a DS3 you assume everyone who plays on the PSN shooters must suck. How old are you?

In terms of an overall consensus, i doubt i am alone in my opinion of the controller

PlzDuntBanMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 PlzDuntBanMe
Member since 2008 • 3269 Posts
360, you should look at the comparison here on Gamespot...
Wartzay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wartzay
Member since 2006 • 2036 Posts
PC version >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 360/ps3
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
there are only too thing that should matter where your friends like and which controller you like. there is no difference between the game the MP isn't going to be better on either consoles they only 2 varibles are the things i listed
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 finalfantasy94
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="Dead-Memories"]In terms of player-base skill i would prefer the 360 to the PS3, the Sixaxis for shooters is absolutey horrdendous, the position of the joystiqs just make me lolwut,i can't imagine Cows being decent let alone good at shooters, stick to your Ratchet and Clanks imo.Dead-Memories

In terms of an overall consensus, i doubt i am alone in my opinion of the controller

Listen I can undertand if more agree that the 360 controller is better for shooters,but to say PS3 owners suck at them cause you cant use a DS3 is just sily.

fluxorator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 fluxorator
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts
Imo the 360 has the best controller for FPS. Also I have noticed that allot of FPS use nearly identical control schemes.DireOwl
I wish :( I play COD4 on 360 and PS3 (Depends which friend's house I'm at) and I HATE when I throw a grenade instead of shooting, or vice versa (The buttons are reversed, PS3 vs 360)
fluxorator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fluxorator
Member since 2008 • 887 Posts
I've always liked the Playstation controllers over the 360 controllers. So much more symetrical... I've never understood why placing the left stick in a different spot to the right stick is better. If you're a normal person, you would have two identical yet mirrored hands yes? So logically, the symetrical controller would work better? That's just my take on the whole topic :P
temaire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 temaire
Member since 2008 • 431 Posts
I think its practically the same for both systems.
Avatar image for Corey_Barlog_SM
Corey_Barlog_SM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Corey_Barlog_SM
Member since 2008 • 460 Posts
go with the ps3 version. better controller, slimmer package.
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts
Well the version that's best is....wait a min?!?!?! you are getting W@W???? Really???
Cyberfairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Cyberfairy
Member since 2003 • 5180 Posts
go for the 360 version: more players and more skilled people (if you want a challenge). Also, I like the controller much more, but that's just a preference.
st1ka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 st1ka
Member since 2008 • 8179 Posts
as far as i know the game is equal to both systems, it really comes down to whether you prefer PSN or XBL
joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts

meh...

go for PC ..

the single player is underwhelming, the multiplayer is okay...

you're better off with COD4, but if you've finished playing the game, then buy Resistance 2.

kamikaze-jk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kamikaze-jk
Member since 2008 • 322 Posts
Go for the 360 version. The controller is more suitable for shooters and online is more better.
N3xus9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 N3xus9
Member since 2004 • 566 Posts
Obviously the PC is the best choice with it's better control system and better graphics ... however that was not the question, the TC is asking which is better out of the 360 or the PS3 and imho seeing as both consoles have similar control systems, you would have to go with the one with better graphics which looks to be the 360 for this particular game. Please look at the GS comparison shots gamespot comparison
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#43 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

better online and controller imo