would you rather want Half life 3 or Next Deus Ex?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 8 months, 10 days ago

Poll: would you rather want Half life 3 or Next Deus Ex? (63 votes)

Half life 3 65%
Deus Ex 33%

As a Huge fan of both. Deus Ex has bigger impact. but Half life is more popular series. while both are milestone. but Deus Ex is more deep and complex. but half life has better gameplay. both franchises are pinnacle of gaming.

well making game like original deus ex is not possible in this gen because of console and company who create deus ex no longer exist.

so what you rather want? deus ex 4 or half life 3?

Deus Ex 4 PC exclusive with no cover system and regen health BS would be my dream game. but i wont be possible so i pick Half life 3. because its Valve. no matter how they try. their product always turn out perfect.

#1 Posted by lostrib (30829 posts) -

Can I go with neither? or don't care?

#2 Edited by da_illest101 (7401 posts) -

Deus ex by far and beyond, I could care less about half life, never understood the popularity of that serie

#3 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

Deus Ex, never got into Half Life but played HR for the first time this year during the Steam Sale, best 3 dollars I've ever spent, fantastic game.

#4 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3196 posts) -

Left 4 Dead 3.

#5 Edited by Nanomage (2293 posts) -

Half Life since it would be made by the same devs unlike Deus Ex.

#6 Edited by Grenadeh (103 posts) -

Neither frankly. Both need to stay dead. I am sure Valve can pull off HL3 but it's time for them to move on to something new.

Also I don't think you quite understand what you're talking about. Deus Ex did not have a "bigger impact" on gaming. Deus Ex, HL, and System shock combined have provided the template for all good first person games to come, but to say Deus Ex or SS had a bigger impact than HL is absurd.

HL revolutionized the modding community like no other game ever has. It was easy to mod for and the mods themselves have led to numerous successful games. Not to mention Multiplayer would never be the same without Half-Life and games like Tribes and UT.

Also if you support DE just because you played the third, and worst, game in the series, that's ridiculous.

#7 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

never understood the popularity of that serie

it not nearly as popular as COD/Halo/BF/Killzone

if u go to mainstream market/expo/cosplay or any other crap. and ask about Half life or those games. these idiots would even choose COD over HL.

#8 Posted by Basinboy (10888 posts) -

@Grenadeh said:

Neither frankly. Both need to stay dead. I am sure Valve can pull off HL3 but it's time for them to move on to something new.

Besides Portal, Left 4 Dead, and DOTA.

#9 Posted by princeofshapeir (13568 posts) -

Call of Duty: Ghosts

#10 Edited by lostrib (30829 posts) -
#11 Posted by SirSlimyScott (266 posts) -

Can't stand Half life,so Deus Ex.

#12 Posted by nini200 (9310 posts) -

Give me a new Heretic/Hexen anyday over those two

#13 Posted by lundy86_4 (42537 posts) -

Deus Ex.

#14 Posted by Jankarcop (8758 posts) -

Deus Ex 3 by harvey smith

#15 Edited by Boddicker (2239 posts) -

I'd rather have a new compelling IP.

#16 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5382 posts) -

Half Life 3 is most anticipated game ever!

#17 Posted by Cyberdot (3510 posts) -

HL3, no doubt!

#18 Posted by comptonst88 (232 posts) -

Dont really care for either of them.

#19 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Deus Ex. Love that series....

I think Half-life is a shit series with great mod support.

#20 Posted by PsychoLemons (1878 posts) -

Both(?)

#21 Posted by sukraj (21450 posts) -

half life 3

#22 Edited by AdobeArtist (22710 posts) -

It's a tough call but I gotta go with Deus Ex. Overall it offers more in gameplay, between shooting, stealth, hacking, and role playing.

#23 Posted by blangenakker (2030 posts) -

Look, I just want a conclusion to Episode 2, then I'll be happy.

#24 Posted by starjet905 (1840 posts) -

Deus Ex. Half-Life never felt that special to me. It was a solid game, but the level to which fans react to anything Half-Life is ridiculous.

#25 Edited by uninspiredcup (6482 posts) -

Halflife 3 with wallcover.

#26 Edited by uninspiredcup (6482 posts) -

@starjet905 said:

Deus Ex. Half-Life never felt that special to me. It was a solid game, but the level to which fans react to anything Half-Life is ridiculous.

If you existed in 1998, not really. It was a landmark game that still influences titles to this day. Including Dues Ex: Human Revolution.

#27 Edited by starjet905 (1840 posts) -

@starjet905 said:

If you existed in 1998, not really. It was a landmark game that still influences titles to this day. Including Dues Ex: Human Revolution.

I'd rather play a new good game rather than nostalgically look at previous good games, wishing for another one like it. FPS games have developed way beyond what the last few Half-Life games offered.

#28 Edited by GhoX (4650 posts) -

Half Life 3 is guaranteed to be legendary.

A new Deus Ex? Who knows. A new Deus Ex with the standards of HR will be good, but it cannot compete against HL. A Deus Ex with the original's standards will be great, but it cannot compete against HL. Then there is also the chance that another Invisible War will come out, in which case I'd settle for even HL2 Episode 1.

#29 Posted by guard12 (1657 posts) -

Could never get into Half Life myself. So Deus Ex for me

#30 Posted by uninspiredcup (6482 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@starjet905 said:

I'd rather play a new good game rather than nostalgically look at previous good games, wishing for another one like it. FPS games have developed way beyond what the last few Half-Life games offered.

By "way beyond" you mean "a steaming pile of shit"? .

Regarding my excellent factually correct point, just a few examples of games influenced by halflife.

Also one of these cool dude modern games that have moved way beyond a 7 year old game.

It will be interesting to see how modern "way ahead" next gen - next gen games like Killzone: Shadowfall compare. Hmm mmm.

#31 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2190 posts) -

Give me my HL3.

#32 Posted by KHAndAnime (13089 posts) -

Deus Ex as a franchise has been in the gutter ever since the original. Half-Life on the other hand is untouchable.

#33 Posted by nishanth12 (523 posts) -

@Nanomage said:

Really, then who the heck is making the sequel for Deus Ex: HR? Man, this could be bad.

#34 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

Deus Ex HR is top 3 of the gen.

#35 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

I would rather neither

Both overrated franchises

#36 Posted by silversix_ (13397 posts) -

HL2 was legendary status for 04 so HL3 by default. DE:HR wasn't spectacular like some say.

#37 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

I would rather neither

Go back to girly JRPGs

#38 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

I would rather neither

Go back to girly JRPGs

You went there.

#39 Posted by Ballroompirate (21421 posts) -

Have to go with HLF 3, but at this point I don't care.

#40 Posted by CTR360 (6824 posts) -

half life 3

#41 Posted by Nanomage (2293 posts) -

@Nanomage said:

Really, then who the heck is making the sequel for Deus Ex: HR? Man, this could be bad.

I mean the original Deus Ex team(Ion storm),not eidos montreal.

#42 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@Nanomage said:

@nishanth12 said:

@Nanomage said:

even if eidos montreal make PC exclusive (which they never cuz Square enix will never allow them) than still it will be close to original. they will cut features like wall cover, regen health, 3rd person takedown or any other crap.

#43 Edited by Litchie (16165 posts) -

Half-Life. Deus Ex is soooo corny.

#44 Posted by g0ddyX (3864 posts) -

Both are an excellent series.

Half Life series is a just a trend setter. Half Life 3 will pave the way for future games, providing that it does come out.

Half Life 1 and 2 did a whole lot for the gaming industry.

#45 Edited by Heil68 (42443 posts) -

I would rather have Half Life 3

#46 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6013 posts) -
#47 Edited by nishanth12 (523 posts) -

@Nanomage said:

@nishanth12 said:

@Nanomage said:

Hmm I dont think I'm worried. They did an awesome job with Deus Ex HR. I'm sure they'll continue the trend.

#48 Posted by Negro-y-Azul (79 posts) -

The latest Deus Ex was brilliant. Half Life 2 was worse than 1, and the Episode were pretty bad.

More Deus Ex please. I'm happy for Valve to make great new games like Portal and Left 4 Dead, and hope for more as good this coming gen.

#49 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Deus Ex I guess. Half Life 2 is okay. Deus Ex HR was good. Don't expect the next games in either series to be very great though.

#50 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

The latest Deus Ex was brilliant. Half Life 2 was worse than 1,

Leatest Deus Ex was sure brilliant aside from wall cover, regen health, third person take down.

but Half life 2 on other hand was untouchable.