Would you rather have a AAA Crash Bandicoot game or a AAA (Real) Spyro game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 10 months, 29 days ago

Poll: Would you rather have a AAA Crash Bandicoot game or a AAA (Real) Spyro game? (46 votes)

I would rather have a NEW AAA Crash Bandicoot 57%
I would rather have a NEW (Real) AAA Spyro the Dragon 26%
What about my man Gex the Gecko, and Klonoa? 13%
Eh, platformers. Not my style. 4%

These franchises, especially the former, have not had a real entry in a long time. Spyro of course, is understadable after that whole planned trilogy (based off a movie that did not exist) was a complete flop, but Crash, I guess Activision did not think it would sell COD numbers but i am not sure what the actual reason for that is.

Which would you prefer have a comeback AAA title?

Crash still has a very large following, and it would do good to flesh out and help Activision expand a bit IMO. Spyro already has the most tarnished reputation and is now being used as a guinnea pig to milk toy DLC, but it may still have a chance.

#1 Edited by always_explicit (2714 posts) -

God I loved crash bandicoot 1+2 so much. Its probably the only game that would make me consider buying a PS4 about now.

Just jumping and spinning and good ol'fashioned platform goodness though no bells and whistles.

EDIT : hog wild remains the single most enjoyable game level i've experienced to date.

#2 Posted by Netret0120 (2032 posts) -

Crash Bandicoot any day!!!

Loved the series as a child.

#3 Posted by _Matt_ (8868 posts) -

CRASH!

#4 Edited by joel_c17 (2828 posts) -

Battletoads! :P

#5 Edited by Cpt_Chaplin (96 posts) -

Spyro. A proper one.

#6 Edited by Krelian-co (10370 posts) -

tough question, i really enjoyed both when i was a kid, voted spyro but tbh i would be happy if either franchise was resurrected

#7 Posted by kipsta77 (942 posts) -

I'd love a new Crash Bandicoot! I'm a huge fan of the old platformers, Ratchet, Crash, Jak etc.

#8 Posted by lamprey263 (23169 posts) -

If I'm gonna waste a brain cell on nostalgia issues it's going to be which Psygnosis franchise Sony shoudl revive, I think Colony Wars should be that game.

#9 Posted by McStrongfast (4265 posts) -

Don't know if I'd want to see the return of either. Weren't the last couple of both kind of ho-hum? Naughty Dog and Insomniac have moved on to other things, the brands aren't worth a whole lot without the people responsible for making them well-liked such in the first place.

Whoopee Camp just sort of dissolved into the ether. A bunch of them reportedly went to Access Games, which made Deadly Premonition and are working on D4. I'm less sad now, knowing the spirit is still sort of alive.
So I'd take a spiritual Tombi! sequel from Access Games then please.

#10 Edited by xCocoTheMonkeyx (356 posts) -

Theres a Crash Bandicoot game in development for the PC by fans that looks pretty cool

#11 Posted by helwa1988 (2078 posts) -

Crash bandicoot. Loved playing it as a kid. I still break out crash 3 every once in a while.

#12 Posted by McStrongfast (4265 posts) -

^^Did they get legally valid permission from Activision? Otherwise that project might be getting shut down and they'll have wasted their time.

#13 Posted by TrooperManaic (3731 posts) -

Are you seriously gonna make me choose because its impossible.

#14 Edited by Caseytappy (2131 posts) -

I'm trying to find the system wars in this topic ?

#15 Edited by blamix (192 posts) -

Enjoyed every crash bandicoot game back on ps1, crash bandicoot trilogy, crash team racing, crash bash, also enjoyed spyro the dragon. We use to play it a lot me and my friends every weekends

#16 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5775 posts) -

Crash Bandicoot will always have a place in my heart. I'd love to see a next gen game.

#17 Posted by McStrongfast (4265 posts) -
#18 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24898 posts) -

I think Cows have already stated that Nostalgia is bad for you.

Only New IPs from now on.

#19 Posted by foxhound_fox (87683 posts) -

I'd rather have a game that isn't made to get a good score on Metacritic.

#20 Edited by megaspiderweb09 (3686 posts) -

That Crash Bandicoot video was painful to watch, Naughty Dog needs to get their IP back, the fast paced, humour riddled Crash Bandicoot is what we need, not some 3D Mario wana be

#21 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

Crash - Klonoa - Spyro - Tomba - Gex

Any of the above

#22 Edited by StrongDeadlift (5147 posts) -

Spyro was better than Crash, and had more replay value, but to be honest, neither. The damage has already been done to these franchises. Insomniac used to be better than NaughtyDog, but they went full potato this gen with Resistance, Ratchet and Clank rehashes, and Fuse.

Holy fuck Insomniac fell off hard this gen.

#23 Edited by ActicEdge (24375 posts) -

Spyro for me. I love the shit outta crash bandicoot though but a next gen spyro could be one of the most awe inspiring things. The PS1 games were already big playgrounds, I would be excited to see what they could do with a whole 2 generations of upgrade in hardware.

#24 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (5815 posts) -

I rather have a new IP

#25 Posted by pelvist (4630 posts) -

Hated all of those games in the op.

#26 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26344 posts) -

was going to pick crash but you brung up Klonoa so yea that.

#27 Posted by Mickeyminime (1119 posts) -

The PS1 for me was the mother of all gaming consoles. So many enjoyable games and i do miss playing Spyro and Crash when i was little. It's a shame that they never got passed on to PS3 and PS4 though :(

#28 Posted by Thecongregation (56 posts) -

The PS1 for me was the mother of all gaming consoles. So many enjoyable games and i do miss playing Spyro and Crash when i was little. It's a shame that they never got passed on to PS3 and PS4 though :(

Huh? Crash has been on all platforms this gen except the Wii U.

#29 Posted by thedork_knight (866 posts) -

neither as both were shit

#30 Posted by Armoured_Mage (766 posts) -

gex > all

#31 Edited by Jakandsigz (4512 posts) -

gex > all

I lov- I mean amen.

Also lol at people talking about nostalgia, I am not saying for Crash and Spyro to have the exact same gameplay they had in 2009 and 2004 respectively.

#32 Posted by sweeten16 (2872 posts) -

Spyro was better on ps one for me.

#33 Posted by PsychoLemons (2043 posts) -

Neither because the damage has already done enough.

#34 Posted by sethman410 (2923 posts) -

Crash franchise sadly went downhill when Naughty Dog could no longer make the games.