Would you play a Too Human sequel if...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

...it had Souls-like combat?

I personally can't get over how they messed up such a beautiful premise. Mind you that I eventually enjoyed the game despite its flaws.

Personally I think if they got rid of camera problems and levelling-up enemies, as well as introduced a Souls-like combat, that'd have elevated this IP to the new level. However, I wonder if it wouldn't clash with loot-heavy nature of the game, because Souls aren't Diablo or Borderlands in this respect, right?

I wonder if Phil Spencer would ever want to see it resurrected, what about you?

Edo-Tensei_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Edo-Tensei_
Member since 2015 • 173 Posts

I loved the premise of too human but the game mechanics were shit and the gane was not well optimized. The sequel doesn't have to be Soul like just make a quality game with its own merits and worth and I'll defiantly buy it day one.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

You mean a more hardcore style combat. In my opinion soul games were always clucky in controls. It makes fighting more tedious than it really is.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

I liked Too Human but they would have to make it more fluid for me to buy a sequel.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#5 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

...it had Souls-like combat?

I personally can't get over how they messed up such a beautiful premise. Mind you that I eventually enjoyed the game despite its flaws.

Personally I think if they got rid of camera problems and levelling-up enemies, as well as introduced a Souls-like combat, that'd have elevated this IP to the new level. However, I wonder if it wouldn't clash with loot-heavy nature of the game, because Souls aren't Diablo or Borderlands in this respect, right?

I wonder if Phil Spencer would ever want to see it resurrected, what about you?

Oh yeah. I also still had fun with the game. The slide attacking was fun, looting was as well. Premise was great with the Norse Mythology mixed with technology. Real shame what happened with it. Cant be played, period. Would love to see it remade.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cainetao11

@blueeyedcasva said:

You mean a more hardcore style combat. In my opinion soul games were always clucky in controls. It makes fighting more tedious than it really is.

How many Demons have you fought?

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

I loved Too Human, but I wouldn't buy a sequel unless I saw a lot of improvements/polish and more content. Game was a lot of fun though.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

@blueeyedcasva said:

All of them except a few in DS2

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

I skipped the first game, but I would think its' original combat would be fine.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

I would play it if they completely changed it and made it a completely different game. Sorry, I thought it was absolutely awful and had high hopes for it. Terrible game, almost a masterclass in 'How NOT to do camera angles for a game'. Also should be studied at Master Degree level for perfect example on how to get just about everything wrong in a game that it's possible to **** up.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

No it sucked. Changing whatever u mention makes it a different game. Would you play Vampire rain if it was like legacy of kain? Shouldn't this be under games discussion?

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

I actually liked Too Human. It was anything but revolutionary but it filled a nice niche on Xbox at the time. Was a 7/10 game for me. I'd love a sequel in general, and while I'd play one with Souls' combat, I'd rather they continued their vision for the franchise.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cainetao11

@blueeyedcasva said:

@cainetao11 said:

@blueeyedcasva said:

All of them except a few in DS2

I was being sarc....................forget it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

No, you would have to change Silicon Knights if anything.

It isn't just the mechanics that make the Souls games terrific, it's the other stuff From Software absolutely nails. Silicon Knights is a joke that got lucky once and made something good in Eternal Darkness. Since then they've had poor mechanics, poor pacing, a lousy understanding of how loot should work, bare bones RPG elements, atrocious level design, fictional universes and story telling that is devoid of any character or personality. Dennis Dyack is a dweeb.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

I idea behide too human was to make the player feel powerful by killing wave after wave of enemies and chaining air combos together.

I can't see how that would work with soul's combat system

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#16 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

No

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

As long as Silicon Knights has nothing to do with it... in that case, whatever publisher or developer would do that should just reboot the series under a new IP, shamelessly take the idea of Too Human, make a unofficial/unsanctioned spiritual successor. Not like anybody has any exclusive claim right to Norse mythology, that seemed to be the main appeal, that and (at the time) Silicon Knights cheerleaders.

Frankly, I didn't see the appeal of Silicon Knights making the last game. Their history is a questionable ones. I often see the "they made Legeay of Kain" argument. Technically, Crystal Dynamics finished it because Silicon Knights couldn't, it was basically same thing that happened between Team Bondi and Rockstar over LA Noire. Afterwards Crystal Dynamics wanted nothing to do with Silicon Knights. And I don't really see them porting MGS to the GameCube to be a major feat, especially with Konami holding their hand every step of the way. And they made Eternal Darkness (not that I thought it was anything great), big woop, they finally finished a game on their own, and about the only memorable moment was the bathtub jump scare. No surprise really Nintendo didn't want to sign another multi-game contract with them afterwards. Then, of course, Too Human happened, not surprised by the delay, goes with their repertoire. Then of course they made that horrible X-Men game and that's all she wrote.

So, what's the appeal this time around. Another RPG rooted in Norse mythology? Or people still cheerleading for another Silicon Knights game?

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I loved too human. I remember it was planned as a trilogy and your character progression was to carry through to the next game. I'm still waiting for the sequel.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

Dark Souls is my favorite game of all time but the combat wouldn't fit well in Too Human.

It was an okay game, I would play a sequel but not have my hopes up for it being any good.

CRUSHER88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By CRUSHER88
Member since 2003 • 2037 Posts

Nah. Souls has a completely different feel to it. Too Human had the right idea overall, just a few mechanics and ideas were a little wonky.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22628 Posts

Respectfully, no... I want to play something based off the first game, only really well made. I enjoyed my time with too human despite its flaws. Coop had so much promise, if it only didn't have so much holding it back...

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I'd rather Platinum make a MGR-like successor. The game seemed to need more over-the-top action rather than purposeful, "heavy" combat. They are gods for fucks sake.

Norse mythological games are always welcome.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Respectfully, no... I want to play something based off the first game, only really well made. I enjoyed my time with too human despite its flaws. Coop had so much promise, if it only didn't have so much holding it back...

I agree. It's not that it was wrong from the start. In fact, it showed flashes of brilliance. It's just that there was so much wrong that those flashes were more like torture, just teasing you with what could've been...