Would You Have Bought Your Wii If You Knew Where it was going?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

This Thread I am aware seems pretty fanboyish i ussually try to avoid that but, wth im bored. Im bought my wii at launch and im basically on the verge of selling it. I put about 5 hours of gameplay into it like a month. Every hope i had about the wii was basically crushed. im a big competive multiplayer person and i was like was this would be great online its not. They could make some great FPS's on the wii theres like very few. I thought theres no way nintendo can make online support without eventually adding mic support they sure did. I was expecting it to be great system when people are over it really isnt the 360 was actually much more fun to play with people.

Hey, but everyones entitled to there opinons go ahead and flame me if you want dont try to prove me wrong i really dont give a crap. I just want to here everyone elses opinon would you have bought your wii if you knew it was going to end up like this and did you have any hopes about te wii there were not furfilled?

Kirlok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kirlok
Member since 2008 • 2061 Posts

Yes.

the ps3 on other side....

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
It's surpassed what I expected. It's also been quite different, but then predictability is very boring.
Avatar image for z_gaming_master
z_gaming_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 z_gaming_master
Member since 2004 • 964 Posts

I haven't even bought a Wii yet, for the exact same reasons as you may selling yours. Maybe I'll buy one when they release a game that comes close to the 'revolution' that was hyped.

waynehead895

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 waynehead895
Member since 2005 • 18660 Posts
No. Though I didn't buy it for myself. But the person I bought it for isn't even impressed with it. My sister would rather play GTA. I shoulda just bought her a PS2 instead.
wiretoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wiretoss
Member since 2006 • 3030 Posts
I'm perfectly satisfied owning a Wii. This might be because my gaming needs don't revolve around Achievements and mic support. I also don't complain about what FPS games are or are not on the system. Maybe I just have an overall more refined taste in games than you, considering I find it easy to hit 20+ hours a month playing the Wii. Hmm..
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

well first ill say that im a SP guy...not remotely interested in online multiplayer. so the wiis online system doesent overly bother me. however if someone who was into online play asked if i would recommend the wii....i woudl say no. get something else. the wiis system is not good enough for it...too many limitations.

anywho....im absolutely chuffed with my wii. that and my PC have me sorted this gen pretty much. althugh i have a 360 and PS3....i barely ever use them (next gen ill be alot slower about picking up every platform i think). the wii is different from those 3 platforms though and thats great imho. ive got my eye candy system with the more traditional games (and some bonkers ones) with my PC and the wii covers the crazy area mostly.

this last month has been fantastic for wii in europe imho. there was wiiware with lost winds (very underrated here imho) and FF among others. at retail there was also okami, boom blox and brawl (just released today). thats a dam fine month by any standards....i actually have a backlog on the wii front now :S.

would i have bought the wii today if i saw where it was going? absolutely.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
I love my Wii, more so than PS3/360.

So im happy.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
i'm glad i got the wii. I do play mariokart competitively online.
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
Yes.
ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9161 Posts
yeah, like the other folks said. it just doesnt have the type of games you like
effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 effthat
Member since 2007 • 2314 Posts
I'm perfectly thrilled with the Wii. I waited to see how things were going to pan out first. The Wii is an exclusives magnet. It has me excited about gaming again. I cannot articulate how refreshing it is. Yes, I am happy.
flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

Wii hasn't disappointed me in the slightest. What are these consoles supposed to do? Change your outlook on life?

360, PS3 all do things a PC can do, so nothing super revolutionary there. Wii offers a little extra with a really cool control scheme in some games and better versions of their successful franchises. Wii never promised state of the art graphics.

Ask yourself this: What did you WANT it do that it did not?

Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts
I've been pretty satisfied with my purchase,but I still have a number of quirks with it.
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts
to be honest.no i wouldent have..i bought it a while ago thinking it would last me along time..but now i have doubts, the novelty and games wore off for me, and brawl is unplayable (imo) online.i finished every every singleplayer i own and there are no good online games in the future or SP games for that matter, right now im Very convinced to just sell the damn thing and save money for 360/PS3/PC games right now.
Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

This Thread I am aware seems pretty fanboyish i ussually try to avoid that but, wth im bored. Im bought my wii at launch and im basically on the verge of selling it. I put about 5 hours of gameplay into it like a month. Every hope i had about the wii was basically crushed. im a big competive multiplayer person and i was like was this would be great online its not. They could make some great FPS's on the wii theres like very few. I thought theres no way nintendo can make online support without eventually adding mic support they sure did. I was expecting it to be great system when people are over it really isnt the 360 was actually much more fun to play with people.

Hey, but everyones entitled to there opinons go ahead and flame me if you want dont try to prove me wrong i really dont give a crap. I just want to here everyone elses opinon would you have bought your wii if you knew it was going to end up like this and did you have any hopes about te wii there were not furfilled?

SaintJimmmy

Yes, and thats because I had a realistic image of what the system would be, a grea secondary system to my PS3, a great system to play when guests come over, and a good coop system for me and my girl to play.

It seems you had unrealistic expectations.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

Wii hasn't disappointed me in the slightest. What are these consoles supposed to do? Change your outlook on life?

360, PS3 all do things a PC can do, so nothing super revolutionary there. Wii offers a little extra with a really cool control scheme in some games and better versions of their successful franchises. Wii never promised state of the art graphics.

Ask yourself this: What did you WANT it do that it did not?

flazzle

Well What it DID do it is offer a new look on gameing and offer a wonderful SP experince i didnt expect it to have great graphics but what it DIDNT do is when they said it would support online play i expected it not to be half-assed i was also thought how they sold the wii as a system play with your freinds was wrong aswell theres honestly not many games for the wii that are fun with other people imo

Yeah i relize its just not my taste in games im a more competive person and for the most part thats not what wii is going for i just thought id post this while i contemplate whether or not to sell it lol

*sorry for the grammer and spelling errors in this i wrote it while i was on the fone lol*

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Unfortunately I had to play Metroid Prime 3. If it weren't on the Wii I would probably have never bought it considering what is being released for it now and I having no interest in pretty much any of it. In consolation, it does play Gamecube games (and has the Virtual Console and WiiWare which is getting the good releases), which I do have a large interest in playing, the only problem is actually finding copies of the good ones.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
Yes I have alot of fun with it, like Nintendo releasing 10 of their Core games in this short ammount of time since Launch that is a good enough reason for me and they have alot more on the way. Actually they released Twelve of their Big Franchises that were big before this gen but those the two I didn't list were Warioware and Mario Party.
lolag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lolag
Member since 2004 • 2370 Posts
I have more Wii games than my PS3 and 360 combined. This year looks like the Wii might pick up some more good games and some decent fps games soon.
JamieMcMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 JamieMcMe
Member since 2006 • 183 Posts

Yes, I would have, because I love my Wii. It has many great games I own, and want to own, with more on the way! Games such as Mario Kart, Brawl, SPM, Galaxy Zelda, MP3 and many more! I'll still be buying games foor a long time for my Wii before thinking about getting another console! And don't forget Wiiware and the VC!

And I average around 15 - 20 hours of games a week, so Nyah! :P

ineedmoney555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ineedmoney555
Member since 2008 • 534 Posts
yeah the wii is going strong in my eyes, you just have to use sites like nintendo everything and wii fanboy to get great coverage. The problem witht the 'i dont have any games for wii' thing is that it begs the question why dont they buy more. although if they dont see any games that interest them then thats understandable. no system is for everyone
Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts

Yep. I was totally hyped about it before they revealed the Gamecube era hardware and massive overpricing. As an actually cheap system the Wii would be great. $149 and mostly $20 games matches the value. But as is the pricing is a ridiculous rip-off.

I bought one anyways because of the SMG hype but that was a big mistake. Fact is for everyone but nintendo fanatics the Wii is just garbage.

Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Kratos_OMEGA
Member since 2007 • 2872 Posts
The only reason i own a wii is because my little sister plays it. Otherwise i would hire it from a friend to play certain 1st party games. Also in UK wii is overpriced, it's barely cheaper than 360.
Ze_ALEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ze_ALEX
Member since 2007 • 1793 Posts

eh i just take it out when i have friends over.
maybe some brawl once in a while

but for those who have it as their primary console I feel bad for missing out on awesome multiplats and exclusives

Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26 Kratos_OMEGA
Member since 2007 • 2872 Posts

Yep. I was totally hyped about it before they revealed the Gamecube era hardware and massive overpricing. As an actually cheap system the Wii would be great. $149 and mostly $20 games matches the value. But as is the pricing is a ridiculous rip-off.

I bought one anyways because of the SMG hype but that was a big mistake. Fact is for everyone but nintendo fanatics the Wii is just garbage.

Lazy_Boy88

add people who are not interested in traditional games. I agree on the price part..wii games cost so much. Even for simple ping pong games you are paying £40. I am forced to mod the god damn thing.(i havent' though)

Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
wii is gaming heaven for old school gamers. the fact that the console offer so many freaking original content, that you wont find anywhere else, is enough reason to own it. yeah, the online-play side isn't that robust as the XBL but it beats it in the gaming download content.

The original poster seem too flame bait for me, to take seriously. To want to sell your wii right now is just pure madness, being its future software is picking up on a heavy pace.
SSJ_Nega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SSJ_Nega
Member since 2005 • 3171 Posts
No. But not being able to play Zelda TP would kill me.
Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts

but for those who have it as their primary console I feel bad for missing out on awesome multiplats and exclusives

Ze_ALEX
thats your opinion. no console personally should be a person only console. i can tell you that what ps3/xbox360 is offering isnt enough to satisfy most gamers, being it does bring deja-vu to the people who play its games. I know many people who refuse to keep playing GTA4, cause of this feeling.

i know people who are playing wii constantly, simply because they got tired of what video game standards are currently offering. the people who truely enjoy xbox360/ps3 are people who havent been gaming for decades, as long term vets.
Ze_ALEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ze_ALEX
[QUOTE="Ze_ALEX"]

Rahnyc4

thats your opinion. no console personally should be a person only console. i can tell you that what ps3/xbox360 is offering isnt enough to satisfy most gamers, being it does bring deja-vu to the people who play its games. I know many people who refuse to keep playing GTA4, cause of this feeling.

i know people who are playing wii constantly, simply because they got tired of what video game standards are currently offering. the people who truely enjoy xbox360/ps3 are people who havent been gaming for decades, as long term vets.

your telling me it doesn't satisfy most gamers because it brings deja-vu to the people who play its games but then you see games like mario party 7? and mario kart? doesn't that bring deja-vu?

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
[QUOTE="Rahnyc4"][QUOTE="Ze_ALEX"]

Ze_ALEX

your telling me it doesn't satisfy most gamers because it brings deja-vu to the people who play its games but then you see games like mario party 7? and mario kart? doesn't that bring deja-vu?

Mario Party brings Deja-vu but Mario Kart doesn't since they atleast change it so it doesn't boring atleast IMO but Mario Party is basically the same each game and I think Nintendo needs to get another company besides Hudson to make it.
Ze_ALEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ze_ALEX
yeah i just wish they would of made a brawl channel on the wii like how they did it with mario kart.
online, bikes, and the motion controller is what i really see an "upgrade" to the series
bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Yes because I you know, research my purchases, I knew Wii wouldn't be full of FPS's or Racing games, I knew it would have unique quirky games the second I saw the controller. I'm perfectly happy with my purchase thanks.
ZeldaMaster32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 ZeldaMaster32
Member since 2005 • 9263 Posts

Yes. I buy Nintendo platforms for Nintendo games.

However, the next Zelda will be the ultimate judge in my relationship with Nintendo. If it fails to captivate me, I don't know what to think after that. I find that Nintendo's current titles fail to grasp my attention fully anymore.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

Well What it DID do it is offer a new look on gameing and offer a wonderful SP experince i didnt expect it to have great graphics but what it DIDNT do is when they said it would support online play i expected it not to be half-assed i was also thought how they sold the wii as a system play with your freinds was wrong aswell theres honestly not many games for the wii that are fun with other people imo

Yeah i relize its just not my taste in games im a more competive person and for the most part thats not what wii is going for i just thought id post this while i contemplate whether or not to sell it lol

*sorry for the grammer and spelling errors in this i wrote it while i was on the fone lol*

SaintJimmmy

Don't worry about the grammar. I'm not one to worry about an extra 'D' or the improper use of an idiom. You have a point regarding the online play. Nintendo is just too cautious or really hasn't decided the best way to handle it. However, things are looking up, because I believe people really like the Mario Kart connectivity. Other games really seem to miss the boat.

I disagree on the play with your friends angle. Wii Sports, Wii Play, WarioWare, Mario Party, Strikers, and the co-op in SMG is pretty good.

I think if you had a GC and enjoyed it, you will love the Wii. If you are revisting Nintendo after PS2 or XBOX, it just may not be for you.

I think you should hold on to your Wii since its not really worth as much since you can get them now. With more publishers coming to it and figuring out how to use the Wii-Remote better, something you really enjoy may come along. Get a 360/PS3 in the meantime if you dont have one already.