Would you even want to buy Sega if you where the Big three?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jessmo30_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jessmo30_basic
Member since 2002 • 8975 Posts

Are they even worht the time and the talent?

I see them hitting a road block in the next few years if they dont get it together. they need a AAA hit.

They need a Million seller badly. discussĀ 

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
Not truely, because so far is crowded as it is, and expensive as it is.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
yeah why not. First sonic still sells. 2 you mix segas talent with Nintendo, or Sony, or Microsoft and u can still get AA or AAA hits.
BTW they did have a million seller. Sonic adventure 2 battle sold well, so did other sonic related games. Virtua Fighter 4. Virtua Fighter 5 is AA. Sega isnt completely dead. They just need a little more umph and talent on the team.
Vampyronight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Vampyronight
Member since 2002 • 3933 Posts

Well, back when Sega first got out of the hardware business, I'm surprised that any of the big 3 didn't try much harder to snap them up. Lots of talent and great games back then.

Now, when looking at Sega-developed titles (instead of those just published by Sega), the quality has taken a significant nose dive. I don't think they'd be worth the money as a whole, but some IPs/teams can still get it done and would be worth picking up.

Perhaps it's just lousy management from the restructuring, though.Ā 

pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
Sega has some great franchises, its just that they either aren't being made, the development team lacks direction and/or sucks. Plus there are still some great sega franchises out there like Virtua fighter and Virtua tennis.
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts
Depends on the price.Ā  If the price is right it would be worth it just to get your hands on the franchises.Ā  I wouldn't mind one of the big 3 buying them or even someone like Ubisoft to keem them multi'.Ā 
pundog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pundog
Member since 2006 • 4491 Posts
Part of me thinks there's something going on with Sega that we don't know. I mean Peter Moore worked for the friggin company, if MS hasn't boughtĀ them I think there's a good reason. I think it would be more likely that we get some developers buying rights to certain franchises.
demoralizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 demoralizer
Member since 2002 • 2023 Posts

No they killed Sonic.

Jagazaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jagazaar
Member since 2007 • 1023 Posts
Depends. As a gamer, not unless they stop churning out half-assed Sonic 'games' (though Secret Rings was good, I'll admit) and start reviving other excellent franchises like Streets of Rage or Rez. Or at the very least make a GOOD Sonic game. As one of the big 3 though? Sure, Sonic still sells millions even if it is rubbish nowadays.
Kaosed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kaosed
Member since 2006 • 3409 Posts

well of course, every console needs -A craptastic sony games

wait....Ā 

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts
Well..they are getting some big sellers in their PC division :)
Iorning_board

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Iorning_board
Member since 2005 • 1853 Posts
They have some great IP's, they just dont know how to use them.
freeload

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freeload
Member since 2003 • 8139 Posts

I see them hitting a road block in the next few years if they dont get it together. they need a AAA hit.

They need a Million seller badly. discussĀ 

jessmo30_basic

I don't really see Sega as being all that important these days. They have a couple of good franchises but I don't think they would help any of the major competitors dramitcally at all...

Ā 

Davis092

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Davis092
Member since 2006 • 1449 Posts
Well..they are getting some big sellers in their PC division :)AdrianWerner
daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts
If any of the Big Three were to do it, it would be Nintendo. I mean, Sega games have the variety which Nintendo wants/needs on its consoles, Sonic always sells on Nintendo consoles and Sonic-Mario combo games are already being released/speculated ...
daqua_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 daqua_99
Member since 2005 • 11170 Posts
[QUOTE="jessmo30_basic"]

They need a Million seller badly. discuss

freeload

I don't really see Sega as being all that important these days. They have a couple of good franchises but I don't think they would help any of the major competitors dramitcally at all...

Ā 

They may not be as influential as they were before, but they do make money ...

chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts
hmm if I were ninty I would wait for a while and see how Sega goes. Sonic seems like it could be slowly picking up again with Sonic and the Secret Rings and...that one on DS. Who cares what it's called. Anyway if Secret Rings is just a fluke then they're not worth it but if Sonic is genuinely recovering then I would BUYS.
the1stmoonfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 the1stmoonfly
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts
Sega dont make system sellers, and they do alot with arcade titles and machines, its not something the big three really could warrant spending on IMO, and its sale wouldnt give anyone any sort of advantage, so why buy it, its obviously not even mega profitable.
munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 munsoned
Member since 2006 • 3064 Posts

They need a Million seller badly. discuss

jessmo30_basic
sega has been making games for only one system most of its life. its just not a muti platform kinda dev imo..i think if one of the big 3 bought sega to make games only for them that would help them make better games...
munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 munsoned

who do u all think should buy sega???

Ā 

Ā 

i say ms, because most of sega loyal game systems owners moved over to the xbox when it came out.i think ms should put sega in charge of xboxlive arcade games and bring back 2d that most of us miss

Jagazaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jagazaar
Member since 2007 • 1023 Posts

who do u all think should buy sega???Ā 

i say ms, because most of sega loyal game systems owners moved over to the xbox when it came out.i think ms should put sega in charge of xboxlive arcade games and bring back 2d that most of us miss

munsoned

Interesting point. I think it's more likely to be Nintendo if anyone though, it seems that the two companies are collaborating quite a lot so far this gen (Sonic and the Secret Rings, Nights 2, Sonic & Mario at the Olympics all Wii exclusives, lots of Sega titles being released on the VC). I think it'd almost be poetic if Nintendo bought Sega and formed an even better company, considering how bitter they used to be as rivals. If they merged, makes me wonder if they'd change names around....

Sintenda?

Nega?

Ā 

munsoned

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 munsoned
[QUOTE="munsoned"]

who do u all think should buy sega???

Jagazaar

Interesting point. I think it's more likely to be Nintendo if anyone though, it seems that the two companies are collaborating quite a lot so far this gen (Sonic and the Secret Rings, Nights 2, Sonic & Mario at the Olympics all Wii exclusives, lots of Sega titles being released on the VC). I think it'd almost be poetic if Nintendo bought Sega and formed an even better company, considering how bitter they used to be as rivals. If they merged, makes me wonder if they'd change names around....

Sintenda?

Nega?

Ā 

yeah i could see them working great together i think the key is for sega to choose one and make games only for that 1.

Ā 

sega just aint ment to be 3rd party sega knows it and so do we lolĀ 

Avatar image for duble_Needler23
duble_Needler23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 duble_Needler23
Member since 2004 • 5200 Posts
Im really not sure how microsoft or sony would fair with Sega...but if nintendo bought them, i'd get the feeling that nintendo wold actually put a lot of input into their new games, like a new Sonic game...I could see Miyamoto getting on SEGA'a ass and making sure they put out a great sonic game. Ā I mean...sonic and mario eclusively on one system is worth a purchase alone. Ā Same goes for microsoft and Sony. Despite the sonic games taking a nosedive in quality (The console ones anyway :)...Sonic still sells extremely well.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#24 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
I think SEGA do better with Sonic on the NintendoĀ consoles. I think the PS3 and XBox360 are consoles that offer very good graphics. Sonic games aren't really about the grAaphics and Sonic has done well not just on Nintendo consoles but the handhelds as well. Nintendo have got another of SEGAs exclusives and it's NIGHTS and it's only gonna be on the Wii
Avatar image for ArabianKnight14
ArabianKnight14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ArabianKnight14
Member since 2005 • 207 Posts
[QUOTE="munsoned"]

who do u all think should buy sega???Ā 

Jagazaar

Sintenda?

Nega?

Ā 

Nintega!!!!!

Ā