Would you buy a Nathan Drake/Lara Croft Crossover adventure?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 11 months, 7 days ago

Poll: Would you buy a Nathan Drake/Lara Croft Crossover adventure? (36 votes)

Hell yes! 61%
Flock no! 39%

Came across this on youtube and thought it was well made. Who else would buy a crossover game with these two?

#1 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

Only if theres an interactive sex scene.

#2 Edited by nini200 (9594 posts) -

No. The way Lara Croft looks now and Nathan Drake in general do not merit a purchase even together.

#3 Edited by Desmonic (13400 posts) -

@nini200 said:

No. The way Lara Croft looks now and Nathan Drake in general do not merit a purchase even together.

Sooo bitter brah :P

Anyway, yeah sure why not. If they made it so that both characters acknowledge each other and joke about each others series it could be a fun experience (considering that with the last TR the gameplay is already similar enough to make it happen).

#4 Posted by Armoured_Mage (766 posts) -

I wouldn't buy any combination of those characters games.

#5 Edited by bobbetybob (19174 posts) -

That would be silly.

#6 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8760 posts) -

First of all I'm not a fan of cross overs

second of all, if it ends up anything like the Uncharted games, HELL NO!

#7 Posted by bbkkristian (14942 posts) -

Hell no, that would be incredibly lame and cheesy

#9 Edited by always_explicit (2709 posts) -

Not a chance

Love PS1 and PS2 Lara

cant stand Nathan, what a bore of a character.

#10 Posted by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

#11 Posted by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

@always_explicit: Maybe if it's handled by the Tomb Raider devs it won't be as boring.

#12 Posted by Far_RockNYC (1112 posts) -

yeah why not

#13 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

I'd give it a try... as long as gunplay, or anything combat related, wasn't based on Uncharted mechanics.

#14 Posted by Desmonic (13400 posts) -

Hell no, that would be incredibly lame and cheesy

Isn't that the point of most crossovers though? Most of them are lame and cheesy, they exist purely to satisfy both fanbases, nothing else.

#15 Posted by Snugenz (11815 posts) -

Nah, don't want Uncharted dragging TR down to its level.

#16 Posted by Zaibach (13444 posts) -

keep your fan-fiction bullshit where it belongs in your sad, lame fantasies

Uncharted left TR behind a long time ago

#17 Posted by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

@Zaibach: Tomb Raider games are better.

#18 Posted by Desmonic (13400 posts) -

@Lumpy311 said:

@Zaibach: Tomb Raider games are better.

The last one was arguably on par at least.

Underworld (as much as I loved it) was a bad game (dat f*cking camera man), Anniversary was alright but still far from UC's overall quality, Legends was fun, Angel of Darkness is the bastard child no one wants on the family for a reason, Chronicles was bad. Can't speak much for the OG games since I didn't play those, but what I get from the fanbase is that at the time they were indeed great games. TR only got back in the game with this year's game, so I find it fair to claim that the UC games have been better (and more consistent). Since at least Chronicles (2000) until March of this year it's been a long 13 year period with only Legends standing out. Hopefully the series will now be far more consistent on it's outings, but it was a far too long period of bad games to claim the "throne" without questioning IMO.

And this is coming from a fan of the series.

#19 Posted by bbkkristian (14942 posts) -

@Desmonic: for a serious games like Uncharted and Tomb Raider, that rely heavily on story, a crossover would ruin the image for both the games.

#20 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

No thanks I'd rather have Uncharted 4 without an irrelevant franchise like Tomb Raider ruining it.

#21 Posted by Desmonic (13400 posts) -

@Desmonic: for a serious games like Uncharted and Tomb Raider, that rely heavily on story, a crossover would ruin the image for both the games.

I'd say TR is far more serious than UC. There are plenty of moments in UC that are just litereally "....wut?..." :P Especially when it's related to the "supernatural" stuff!

#22 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Since the story is pretty damn flat in both series, there wouldn't be much of an image to ruin.

#23 Posted by lamprey263 (23130 posts) -

no, unless it's some kind of JRPG cross-over like Project X Zone mashed-up with other interesting characters

#24 Edited by padaporra (3393 posts) -

If it's good, yes.

#25 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

LOl it's sad and funny that most of the people saying TR is better or on a higher level than Uncharted seem like angry lemmings/sheep/hermits who never got to play Uncharted 2 or 3 or 1. :( Cry more! And also reviews say other wise. If anything TR reboot tried to be more like UC2 but fell a bit short. Nothing wrong with that either way. Deal with it.

#26 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag: I don't know. I think it would be cool if TR made like a special guest appearance or something on UC4. like a level or 2 where they run into each other. That would be neat.

#27 Posted by freedomfreak (39145 posts) -

Definitely.

Would be battle of the wit and cheese though. Holy shit.

#28 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@ John_Matherson

I played uncharted 1 2 and 3, Naughty Dog really sucks when it comes to gameplay mechanics. Cool cutscenes though, Michael Bay would be jealous.

#29 Edited by barrybarryk (436 posts) -

I thought the latest Tomb Raider was already an Uncharted / Tomb Raider crossover. Personally I'd be happier if Crystal Dynamics made a Tomb Raider game that wasn't multi-platform Uncharted with breasts and just let Naughty Dog make Uncharted

#30 Posted by AdobeArtist (22819 posts) -
@nini200 said:

Are ya kidding? This is the BEST Lara has ever looked :)

lol, I like the way you think ;)

But yeah to my own answer, I'd be all for it. Though I think Lara and Batman make an awesome combo. In some ways they have more in common, what with their privileged upbringing (I can just picture the two mingling at a high society function, all decked out), and they share a tragic background of lost parents that drove them on the path of their lives. I seriously think that could work :)

#31 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13418 posts) -

depends who gets naked first.

#32 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Christ no, especially if it's the new Lara.

#33 Posted by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4: This too.

If Drake shows his 70 year old body i'm running away from my screen.

If Lara shows hers i'll grab tissues.

#34 Posted by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -

Yayy inappropriate comments. Didn't see that coming.

#35 Posted by remiks00 (1705 posts) -

Hell yes, I would! In my opinion, I think they would pull it off quite nicely actually.

#36 Posted by Big_Pecks (5245 posts) -

Yes, but their tones would clash.

#37 Edited by Truth_Hurts_U (9126 posts) -

As long as Nate makes sweet love to Lara sure. :P

#38 Edited by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

Only if Drake comments throughout on what a dreary, tiresome pill Lara is.

#39 Edited by TorqueHappens08 (921 posts) -

#40 Edited by John_Matherson (2031 posts) -
#42 Posted by TorqueHappens08 (921 posts) -
#43 Posted by DocSanchez (1564 posts) -

I don't know as I haven't seen any gameplay videos and neither has anyone else. At this stage it's just some crazy idea on youtube.

#44 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

RULE 34 anyone ?..... No ?....... Okay forget I even mentioned it.

#45 Edited by Snugenz (11815 posts) -

@John_Matherson: I've played all the Uncharted games and still own 2 and 3, and the latest TR is better than them all.

It's called an opinion get used to it, or in your world everyone who loves Uncharted must be a cow.

#46 Posted by Lucianu (9349 posts) -

If the gameplay would be good, why not?

#47 Posted by CyberLips (1815 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@bbkkristian said:

I'd say TR is far more serious than UC. There are plenty of moments in UC that are just litereally "....wut?..." :P Especially when it's related to the "supernatural" stuff!

Yeah, that supernatural stuff threw me off in Uncharted 2.

#48 Edited by _Matt_ (8866 posts) -

I think it would be awesome if it were handled well.

#49 Posted by GamingGod999 (2965 posts) -

Lol at the first response.

#50 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

^ Thank You ! :D