Would pc gamers buy Halo Wars if ported?

• 54 results
Posted by uninspiredcup (13548 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Would pc gamers buy Halo Wars if ported? (49 votes)

Yes 29%
No 67%
4%

If Microsoft decide to port Xbox360 strategy game to pc with enhance pc feature, you buy yes?

#1 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10921 posts) -

I remember this thread! Haven't seen it nearly 5 years.

#2 Posted by RR360DD (13098 posts) -

Still begging?

#3 Edited by princeofshapeir (15542 posts) -

Console gamers actually bought Diablo 3, so anything is possible

#4 Edited by Funk21312 (39 posts) -

Yes. I already own it on the 360 but it's a solid RTS which still gets 2,000+ people playing simultaneously on the 360

#5 Posted by gameofthering (10509 posts) -

I wouldn't because for simple reason I'm just a fan of the Halo series.

#6 Posted by BattleSpectre (7530 posts) -

I already played it and couldn't force myself to get past the first level. So my answer is a firm hell no.

#7 Posted by lawlessx (47332 posts) -

halo wars was a terrible barebones RTS that not worth anyone's time.

#8 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14644 posts) -

Sounds like a casual RTS.

#9 Posted by uninspiredcup (13548 posts) -

@funk21312 said:

Yes. I already own it on the 360 but it's a solid RTS which still gets 2,000+ people playing simultaneously on the 360

Really? That's quite impressive.

#10 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17566 posts) -

If I really wanted it, I would have bought it for 360 already. I love Ensemble, they were my favorite developers. But the RTS they made simply don't work on consoles, so what Halo Wars ended up to be is a really bare bones RTS that has none of the depth that the AOE games have.

Also, I like the historical and mythological settings way more than sci-fi or halo universe.

So probably not, maybe if it was a really good port and 5 dollars. Just to have Ensembles swan song.

#11 Edited by jake44 (2064 posts) -

I wouldn't

#12 Posted by remiks00 (2618 posts) -

hell no. Next thread...

#13 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (8121 posts) -

I would pick it up eventually, for a couple of dollars.

#14 Posted by _Matt_ (9529 posts) -

If it was padded out a lot, with a hell of a lot more content, more units, more mechanics, better graphi....

you know what, fuck it, no it needs too much work doing to it before I would even consider it.

#15 Edited by pelvist (5289 posts) -

I would absolutely not.

#16 Edited by mems_1224 (48951 posts) -

I like Halo Wars a lot but why would PC gamers want it? There are tons of RTS games that are better. lol Its dumbed down as shit because it had to use a 360 controller. Still, I think Ensemble did a great job with it and its a shame it never got a sequel.

Id probably buy a PC version though.

#17 Posted by Cloud_imperium (6931 posts) -

Nope . Won't waste money on this .

#18 Edited by uninspiredcup (13548 posts) -

It's weird how some pc gamers say "ohhh I want Halo 4" "ohhhh I want halo 3" but these are incredibly dumbed down (and the series as a whole dumbed down and move the genre to consoles) but with an RTS it's "oh, oh oh, oh ohhhhh ehhhh ahhh, fuck that, get rid of this shit".

Strange fellows.

#19 Edited by DaBrainz (7721 posts) -

That game with one faction and 3 different skins. Naw thats to RTS light for me.

#20 Posted by thehig1 (3532 posts) -

No, as some one else if I wanted I'd already have it on the 360 by now.

I just don't like the Halo franchise.

#21 Edited by Krelian-co (13149 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

It's weird how some pc gamers say "ohhh I want Halo 4" "ohhhh I want halo 3" but these are incredibly dumbed down (and the series as a whole dumbed down and move the genre to consoles) but with an RTS it's "oh, oh oh, oh ohhhhh ehhhh ahhh, fuck that, get rid of this shit".

Strange fellows.

you know what is weirder? that you keep making threads when recent poll showed how much people dislike you and your threads.

#22 Posted by uninspiredcup (13548 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Strange fellows.

you know what is weirder? that you keep making threads when recent poll showed how much people dislike you and your threads.

Personally I think I'm a cool guy. I've asked several people on this forum and all of them said they liked me.

#23 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (9893 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@Krelian-co said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Strange fellows.

Personally I think I'm a cool guy. I've asked several people on this forum and all of them said they liked me.

Yeah, sure they did.

#24 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

No. If I have Starcraft and AoE, why would i want a dumbed down faux RTS designed for casuals.

#25 Posted by LadyBlue (4012 posts) -

They will beg for it privately. Like they do for most console only games.

#26 Edited by Krelian-co (13149 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

@Krelian-co said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Strange fellows.

your alt accounts aren't valid

#27 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

No. I never had any interest in it.

#28 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2942 posts) -

Oh TC you are so funny. No! *Straight Face*

#29 Posted by wolverine4262 (20206 posts) -

I bought it for 360 and absolutely hated it. Generic, boring RTS with a Halo skin.

#30 Posted by Heil68 (48276 posts) -

I wouldn't buy it.

#31 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (17827 posts) -

If it's at least as good as say......

The Rise of.... games

Command & Conquer 3

World In Conflict

.....I'd buy it. If not? No.

#32 Posted by Ballroompirate (23864 posts) -

If it was $15 or $20 then sure.

#33 Posted by wis3boi (32062 posts) -

No, I've already turned some RTS games into a halo theme using mods with more production value and fun than Halo Wars

#34 Edited by Motokid6 (6422 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Halo is a fine FPS that'd I'd love to play on my pc.

1440p, 60+fps, mods.. he'll yea it'd be great.

But the Halo RTS? No... I did not enjoy it on my 360 so I wouldn't enjoy it on my pc.

#35 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Yuck no thanks, the peasants can keep their Halo.

#36 Posted by lawlessx (47332 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Strange fellows.

that doesn't surprise me..its a common thing for narcissists

#37 Edited by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

You realize the only time PC begging is actually brought up is when console gamers exaggerate the shit out of it. No PC gamer begs for ports. I have an Xbox. I have GTA V and RDR. I signed the GTA V petition because I enjoyed that game and want to see a version with more than 20fps. I want to see mods make the game 10 times better. The petitions aren't about an equal PC version because we can't play them, no we all have consoles, it's about getting a better version so I can enjoy games to their full potential. Consoles destroy the quality and potential of a game (see what PC Skyrim is now, or how much better Crysis games are without limitations), but publishers stay on them anyways because the casual market (let's be honest that's what 90% of console gaming is), is so much bigger and is way easier to milk.

If the casual audience all of a sudden stopped gaming, every console publisher would instantly switch to PC. That's how it works.

If someone games exclusively on a console and refuses to play games on PC, they are a casual gamer.

#38 Posted by uninspiredcup (13548 posts) -
@lawlessx said:

@Krelian-co said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Strange fellows.

This is very true.

#39 Posted by GhoX (5366 posts) -

It's a pretty weak strategy game compared to titles available on PC, so no.

#40 Posted by Couth_ (10369 posts) -

Would by the Halo shooters if they came out on steam.. but only steam

#41 Edited by Krelian-co (13149 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@lawlessx said:

@Krelian-co said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Strange fellows.

This is very true.

but you are not a narcisist, is most probably over compensation for people disliking you.

#42 Edited by foxhound_fox (91108 posts) -

I bought it on 360.

I was underwhelmed.

Though, the PC interface might make for a more enjoyable experience (for me personally).

#43 Posted by uninspiredcup (13548 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@uninspiredcup said:
@lawlessx said:

@Krelian-co said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Strange fellows.

This is very true.

but you are not a narcisist, is most probably over compensation for people disliking you.

Also true.

#44 Edited by scatteh316 (5029 posts) -

Halo... Meh...

A next gen remake of the original perhaps, the other games are crap...

@RR360DD - How you console boys enjoying Project Cars? Witcher 3? Portal?, Half life? Doom? Crysis? Keep walking boy.....

#45 Edited by uninspiredcup (13548 posts) -

In regards to Halo RTS. I remember all the PC gamers saying "oh, Call of Duty, Call Of Duty, bad bad bad, Call Of Duty".

And then we got the "oh oh oh oh, ee" To Diablo 3's auction house and drm. 10 million sold.

I don't want to say anything that comes out the mouth of pc gamers is all bark and no bite.

But.

#46 Edited by Motokid6 (6422 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Well, cup I can't make heads or tails of that comment. Your calling pc gamers .. what, hypocrites? If so... You gotta be kidding. Right?

#47 Posted by mattykovax (22693 posts) -

No. strategy games are the only games I use PC for and there is a reason why. halo Wars was not bad for what it was but it would have to be reworked from the ground up just to even try to compete with what is on PC.

#48 Posted by Heirren (19298 posts) -

ya they buy it from some torrent site. all pc gamers say they got the best deals

#49 Posted by lawlessx (47332 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

In regards to Halo RTS. I remember all the PC gamers saying "oh, Call of Duty, Call Of Duty, bad bad bad, Call Of Duty".

And then we got the "oh oh oh oh, ee" To Diablo 3's auction house and drm. 10 million sold.

I don't want to say anything that comes out the mouth of pc gamers is all bark and no bite.

But.

dude..what the **** do you want from this thread?

#50 Posted by LadyBlue (4012 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

@ladyblue said:

You realize the only time PC begging is actually brought up is when console gamers exaggerate the shit out of it. No PC gamer begs for ports. I have an Xbox. I have GTA V and RDR. I signed the GTA V petition because I enjoyed that game and want to see a version with more than 20fps. I want to see mods make the game 10 times better. The petitions aren't about an equal PC version because we can't play them, no we all have consoles, it's about getting a better version so I can enjoy games to their full potential. Consoles destroy the quality and potential of a game (see what PC Skyrim is now, or how much better Crysis games are without limitations), but publishers stay on them anyways because the casual market (let's be honest that's what 90% of console gaming is), is so much bigger and is way easier to milk.

If the casual audience all of a sudden stopped gaming, every console publisher would instantly switch to PC. That's how it works.

If someone games exclusively on a console and refuses to play games on PC, they are a casual gamer.

Suuureeee, thats why petitions keep popping up. Hermits being hypocrites, no surprise there. lol