would cows be tempted to get an xbone if it was 400 and had no kinect?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by ominous_titan (444 posts) 8 months, 3 days ago

Poll: would cows be tempted to get an xbone if it was 400 and had no kinect? (70 votes)

sure why not options are good 34%
not so much 60%
hey what about us sheep 6%
#1 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

Wrong way to sell your console of choice.

#2 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

No. I actually like the fact that all three consoles are different.

#3 Posted by stereointegrity (10668 posts) -

Not as powerful and no gears of war so no

#4 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4320 posts) -

@mrintro said:

No. I actually like the fact that all three consoles are different.

Same. If it was the same as PS4, well... I wouldn't need ONE now would I?

#6 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5676 posts) -

Not really... It would still be less powerful. But if it had exclusives I wanted to play, I would see no reason not to buy it.

#7 Posted by Gue1 (9088 posts) -

Xbox One is redundant.

#8 Posted by SonySoldier-_- (713 posts) -

Im sure a lot more people would consider XBone if that was the case. The whole built in kinect/NASA spy thing scared a lot of people away. Along with being $100 more expensive and has a weaker GPU and struggles with resolutions that PS4 can handle.

#9 Posted by kuu2 (6780 posts) -

Man for people who supposedly don't like The One there are always threads popping up for the system and the games.

The One will never be sold without Kinect. Have you not been paying attention to how integrated the hardware is with the software?

#10 Posted by rell84 (222 posts) -

without kinect xbox one should be cheaper then ps4 cause of weaker specs wonder how much kinect would be seperate LOL

#11 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16434 posts) -

Make it $300 with no Kinect and we have a deal. Still wouldn't pick it over PS4, but my kids would love two consoles.

#12 Posted by Heil68 (42557 posts) -

I would like that option since I wont use it nor the media features.

#13 Posted by ominous_titan (444 posts) -

@AMD655: I'm a console fan. I have wiiu and ps4, I'm really turned off by the kinetic it reeks of North Korean type surveillance. ill always have a tiny soft spot for X box since they gave me the best gaming experience I've ever had with the legendary Steel Battalion line of contact, the 360 lost me though

#14 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

No shit deal.

#15 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9051 posts) -

When I was in Best Buy today I seen the Xbox One. It's not as ugly in person. But Kinect is fuggly.

I much rather have it at $349 with no Kinect. Then I would use my $100 gift card from trading in my old 360 pro lol.

I will never buy a single multiplat again on a MS console.

#16 Edited by Chutebox (36167 posts) -

No. Without kinect or would have to be more of the price

#17 Posted by Krelian-co (9962 posts) -

i have a pc so no, xbone is just a weak pc wannabe.

#18 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15867 posts) -

Not really, I already own a capable next-gen gaming console. I don't need a weaker version of something already sitting underneath my television.

I will admit that Kinect offers something that the Playstation 4 does not, but the truth is that I don't have any use for voice commands or waggle, so it's not a selling point for me.

#19 Posted by darkspineslayer (19345 posts) -

So a PS4 without the promise of support? Nah.

#20 Edited by SakusEnvoy (4115 posts) -

I certainly think the debate over which system is better would be more competitive if the Xbox One shipped for $399 without Kinect. Although the One would still be weaker, it does arguably have the more impressive upcoming library.

Kinect is just not an exciting addition to hardcore gaming so far. It may have potential, but as an Xbox 360 owner who has Kinect I haven't seen a really essential use for it beyond dancing games.

And if I was a PS3-only owner who was curious about Kinect, I'd much rather get a 360 + Kinect for $189 this Black Friday (Target deal) than spend $499 on an Xbox One.

#21 Edited by juarbles (801 posts) -

No one who considers himself a real gamer will buy the xbone. The thing itself is anti-gaming. In fact I dare say that xboners with a xbone don't really deserve a PS4.

#22 Posted by dreamdude (4609 posts) -

It would actually be an option.

#23 Posted by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

Still inferior than Ps4.

#24 Edited by Ginosaji (965 posts) -

$250 - $300 with more exclusives and I'll pick one up. I can wait a few years.

#25 Posted by j2zon2591 (2234 posts) -

$ 350 320 GB would've been Day One.

#26 Posted by M8ingSeezun (1949 posts) -

Nope. Because Kinect 2.0 is essential to the X1 experience. And releasing without it, would simply negate to what MS had envisioned with the console, a multimedia all in one gaming console.

#27 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

Well, I get Sony systems for Sony games... I get Nintendo systems for Nintendo games... I get PCs for cheap, large libraries of software... I don't really have a reason to get an Xbox

#28 Posted by Basinboy (10918 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Man for people who supposedly don't like The One there are always threads popping up for the system and the games.

The One will never be sold without Kinect. Have you not been paying attention to how integrated the hardware is with the software?

Quoted for future reference. Part of me believes it'll happen.

We still anticipating a big reveal at the X1 launch event?

#29 Posted by Chutebox (36167 posts) -

Heh, after watching Sessler's review I'm not sure if I want it down the line either. Would need a huge price drop and games that I really, really wanted to play.

#30 Posted by gago-gago (9110 posts) -

Only way a cow would get an Xbox is if it said Sony on it.

#31 Posted by ConorHat (138 posts) -

No, I prefer the symmetric design of the DualShock controller, and I prefer to support Sony, a company that brings innovation to gaming.

#32 Posted by silversix_ (13539 posts) -

I don't want to play 95% of games available on the system in 720p. For $400 i'd buy a new gpu anyday

#33 Posted by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

I wouldn't consider myself a cow, but I would have strongly considered it if it had specs similar to the PS4 and was $400 without the gimmick that is Kinect.

#35 Posted by rosko123 (494 posts) -

Not really. I am getting a Playstation 4 because Sony have more exclusives that I am interested in and although the launch games are pretty average I know they are on their way. Also even at the same price point it's the more powerful console. Seems like a no brainer to me anyway. I will probably pick up an Xbone when the price drops in a year or so.

#36 Posted by JamDev (970 posts) -

I would be more tempted than I am right now, but not enough to switch from PS4. Ultimately it's still a weaker console, and to me the UI and TV stuff isn't as important as the core function of playing games.

Also burned this gen by MS cutting off software support and putting everything possible behind a paywall, don't really want to give them my business again.

I reserve the right to be a fickle gamer though, if they moneyhat the right software I'll probably pick it up when the price comes down.

#37 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1623 posts) -

No, i dont wanna pay the same for weaker hardware and less games.

#38 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

I votes No. That doesn't mean I'll not be picking up an XboxOne in a few years. Just not at $400. I'm not a Forza, DR, GOW, Halo, or Titalfall fan so no exclusives on it yet to make me get one but in a few years I'll get one to play the excellent games I may have missed out on.

I did the same this gen and thank god I did. I'd have missed out on some remarkable games like Alan Wake, The Witcher 2, condemned, Fable series and L4D.

Only an idiot would deny themselves that chance to play even more great games because they aren't on the system they prefer.

#39 Edited by BlbecekBobecek (2680 posts) -

It would certainly be much more tempting to me. I still have more confidence in Sony first and second party devs than in Microsoft ones though and that is the most deciding factor for me.

#40 Posted by RimacBugatti (1170 posts) -

I'm going to purchase an Xbox One anyways due to the fact that PS4 launch was really weak and Forza 5 and Dead Rising 3 look to be really awesome titles. I do own a PS4 but exclusive wise right now it sucks.

#41 Posted by CyberLips (1616 posts) -

Not really. I don't like xbox exclusives, so if i had money i would buy a gaming pc instead.

#42 Posted by Szminsky (1433 posts) -

I don't consider myself a cow (more of a human being I think), but yeah, ditching the kinect and lowering the price would actually make me consider buying an X1... Not the first batch though (hardware anomalies). Forza 5 looks really good.

#43 Posted by Netherscourge (16327 posts) -

The Xbone would have to be $350 for me to consider it.

#44 Posted by madskills6117 (4019 posts) -

I'm more cow then anything else but generally own all consoles each gen. That being said, I have kids so i'm actually interested in the updated Kinect since my kids enjoyed the old one. Therefore, even if they offered a deal without Kinect I would pick up the main bundle.

#45 Posted by Darthmatt (8966 posts) -

No, I have no interest. I never invested into any xbox franchise, and I don't have cable TV or Sat (by choice) so none of the media features would matter to me.

#46 Edited by -ArchAngeL-777- (3786 posts) -

No price wasn't an issue for me. Forza is the only game that could sway me, but not that much. TitanFall is a non-factor since I can play it on my PC. The fact I have a gaming PC is a huge reason why I have never bothered with 360 and likely won't get an XB1. If I wanted to play Gears of War, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Alan Wake, Halo, TitanFall, etc. I can without spending another $400-500 on a second console.

#47 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2519 posts) -

Not a cow (favor Sony/Nintendo and have a soft spot for Halo) but I would pick one up for $400 without kinect. Hopefully I can hold out when Titanfall comes out. That game looks fun.

#48 Edited by Animal-Mother (26186 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

I guarentee it will be by the next model or so. Also it doesn't need kinect to function silly.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/12/xbox-one-no-longer-requires-kinect-to-function Also yes I plan to buy one during the first price drop and when games interest me.

#49 Edited by kuu2 (6780 posts) -

@gago-gago said:

Only way a cow would get an Xbox is if Sony said so.

Fixed.

#50 Posted by StormyJoe (4552 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

Wrong way to sell your console of choice.

This is the problem with PS4 owners. The XBoxOne is not "just a gaming console". Why would you not want to use Kinect, when it is so integral to the other (media) aspects of the platform?