Worst Game Dev of all time?

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6811 posts) -
[QUOTE="PurpleMan5000"]Well, since we seem to be talking publishers, rather than developers, I would have to say that Midway was pretty bad by the time they finally went under.TheWalkingGhost
Midway developed arcade games.....You people really need to do some research.

They closed their arcade division in 2001 and didn't go bankrupt until 2009. They were an awful publisher by the time they went out. Midway games were known for publishing games that were only midway finished.
#102 Posted by deangallop (3811 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

I'm gonna have to say Epic Games. Gears use to be a great franchise once upon a time. Look at it now. Judgment flopped harder than Halo 4. That's mighty impressive if you ask me.

CanYouDiglt

So Epic is the worst ever because of a game they did not even make? It was People Can Fly. You really should have stayed banned.

Epic actually did the multiplayer portion, which is the underdeveloped scaled down PoS portion of the game, PCF did the singleplayer which wasn't bad.

#103 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5037 posts) -
[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="PurpleMan5000"]Well, since we seem to be talking publishers, rather than developers, I would have to say that Midway was pretty bad by the time they finally went under.PurpleMan5000
Midway developed arcade games.....You people really need to do some research.

They closed their arcade division in 2001 and didn't go bankrupt until 2009. They were an awful publisher by the time they went out. Midway games were known for publishing games that were only midway finished.

Just to prevent confusion Midway Games and Midway are the same company. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midway_Games They also changed the name of their arcade division to Midway Amusement Games in 1996 due to entering the home console market. The last arcade game for them I found was released in 1999. They had been moving away from that end for years. They did however develop some console games like Mortal Kombat Trilogy for the N64.
#104 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7288 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

I'm gonna have to say Epic Games. Gears use to be a great franchise once upon a time. Look at it now. Judgment flopped harder than Halo 4. That's mighty impressive if you ask me.

TheWalkingGhost

So Epic is the worst ever because of a game they did not even make? It was People Can Fly. You really should have stayed banned.

They both made it and Epic owns majority stake in People Can Fly. Do your homework before you open your mouth.

It does not matter if Epic owns PCF. A example of that is I do not say Sony made Uncharted I say Naughty Dog did. Also PCF was the primary developer. It is like how Forza Horizon Playground games was the primary developer and Turn 10 gave some assistance.
#105 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7288 posts) -

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

deangallop

Epic actually did the multiplayer portion, which is the underdeveloped scaled down PoS portion of the game, PCF did the singleplayer which wasn't bad.

I have not played it yet but from what I have seen it looks like a good game. I was just saying trashing Epic over the game is not correct.
#106 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34115 posts) -

I honestly can't think of any dev worse than the Big rigs/WarZ guy(s).

One game they made became a widespread joke amongst almost all gamers. The other one became despised and lashed at for being a massive scam. Both of the games were also completely horrible by any sort of objective measure, now were even finished.

They not only have pretty done literally no good, but even attempted to scam people out of money, and then when theey got called out on it acted childish, aggressive, and like a bunch of assholes.

#107 Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

wii u

#108 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Those ***** that made the WarZ.

#109 Posted by Quad4Life (779 posts) -

Ubisoft

#110 Posted by hippiesanta (9756 posts) -
nintendo ... because they repeat the same old fomula and milking it EA sports .......... for the same reason with nintendo
#111 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

People naming; Epic, Nintendo, Ubisoft...

Are you guys for real ?

#112 Posted by Timstuff (26821 posts) -
LJN. There was no pot of gold at the end of that rainbow.
#113 Posted by clone01 (24329 posts) -
[QUOTE="Silenthps"]bigrigs/warz devDrasonak
Let's make this easier: PC gaming developers.

Hmmm. That's an incredibly stupid statement. Then again, I don't really expect too much from you.
#114 Posted by clone01 (24329 posts) -
[QUOTE="hippiesanta"]nintendo ... because they repeat the same old fomula and milking it EA sports .......... for the same reason with nintendo

I will reluctantly agree a bit with Nintendo (although I'm guilty of enjoying the rehashes). EA Sports, though? I mean, those yearly titles are kind of just giving sports game fans what they want.
#115 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13050 posts) -

Bethesda, followed closely by recent Blizzard.

#116 Posted by thrillh0 (335 posts) -

Who ever made two worlds. And if someone lives near their headquarters, go there and tell them I want my money back.Ghost120x

It was Topware. Agreed, and Two worlds II wasn't much better. But they made the RTS Earth 2150 series which was pretty much ahead of its time. I was addicted to it back in '01. Only decent series they made.

#117 Posted by StormyJoe (4736 posts) -

Silicon Knights.

Denis Dyack - founder, self-destructor.

#118 Posted by Badosh (12727 posts) -

Are you guys for real ?

Sagem28
More real than you.
#119 Posted by clone01 (24329 posts) -

Silicon Knights.

Denis Dyack - founder, self-destructor.

StormyJoe
Eh, sorry. They did Sanity's Requiem, and that game is the t*ts.
#120 Posted by clone01 (24329 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Are you guys for real ?

Badosh
More real than you.

No, you, jerk.
#121 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Are you guys for real ?

Badosh

More real than you.

Quiet Badosh, or I'll tell everyone your secret.

#122 Posted by mariokart64fan (19348 posts) -

ljn now ea

#123 Posted by Obviously_Right (5091 posts) -

Cheleman

#124 Posted by zeta (1189 posts) -
Hammerpoint Interactive... Man, The War Z sucked balls, and so does Sergey Titov.