Worst Game Dev of all time?

• 124 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by YoYo278 (432 posts) -

In all honesty porbably Nintendo EAD. Not because they've made the *worst* games, but because theywere the first major studio to make such inconsistant games which ruined the nature of the industry. Imo this set the standard for EA and Activision knowing they could churn out one good game knowing casuals will lap up 3 other crappy games.

#52 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

Twin Snakes was a disgrace. jake44

It was nice to play the original in with better controls and gameplay but other than that everything else pretty much was a disgrace. 

#53 Posted by ArisShadows (22784 posts) -
Hammerpoint Interactive
#54 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38222 posts) -

Hammerpoint InteractiveArisShadows

I wouldn't even call tehm a dev lol

#55 Posted by tagyhag (15869 posts) -

There is no other competition game quality-wise.

#56 Posted by Joedgabe (5134 posts) -

I don't even want to imagine what kind of awful games you guys must have played that you're mentioning little known developers. 

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#57 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (10196 posts) -

Nintendo

#58 Posted by Cheleman (8194 posts) -

I'm gonna have to say Epic Games. Gears use to be a great franchise once upon a time. Look at it now. Judgment flopped harder than Halo 4. That's mighty impressive if you ask me.

#59 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (35182 posts) -

bigrigs/warz devSilenthps

Pretty much this.

#60 Posted by ConanTheStoner (14028 posts) -

Most likely, it would be some dev that none of us have ever even heard of.

#61 Posted by ciorlandenis (322 posts) -

all devs who make games I didn't like

#62 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -

Bioware

/hipster! :roll:

#63 Posted by Gibsonsg527 (3313 posts) -

Good job listing a bunch of publishers.bobbetybob
This also how dare u put THQ on there. Why? They have published many great games. 

#64 Posted by Frostbite24 (4538 posts) -

Hammerpoint Interactive, the devs in charge of The War Z. Absolute scam artists.

#65 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
nintendo.
#66 Posted by ShadowsDemon (9893 posts) -
This is going well....
#67 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

Antivision.

#68 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4412 posts) -

I'm gonna have to say Epic Games. Gears use to be a great franchise once upon a time. Look at it now. Judgment flopped harder than Halo 4. That's mighty impressive if you ask me.

Cheleman
I don't think Epic had much to do with the development though. People Can Fly did. I'm pretty sure Epic has been focusing all of their time on FORTnITE for the PC.
#69 Posted by PsychoLemons (2994 posts) -

DDI.

#70 Posted by Murderstyle75 (4412 posts) -
Infinity Ward.
#71 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (28886 posts) -

ZOO

Don't buy their games.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
#72 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -
EA
#73 Posted by chocolate1325 (33009 posts) -

I would say that the worst developer of all time is THQ.

#74 Posted by dramaybaz (6020 posts) -
People getting their devs and publishers mixed up.
#75 Posted by jhcho2 (4899 posts) -

People getting their devs and publishers mixed up.dramaybaz

It speaks a lot about the caliber of system warriors in general. They wouldn't last long in an actual debate.

#76 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -
People getting their devs and publishers mixed up.dramaybaz
You do realize that EA, THQ and Akklaim are/were both, right? Just incase that was directed at those saying those. Ubisoft does development under subsidiary Ubisoft Montreal. LJN on the other hand was just a publisher, not sure about Phillips.
#77 Posted by sukraj (26630 posts) -

Acclaim

#78 Posted by Wiimotefan (4150 posts) -

Most likely, it would be some dev that none of us have ever even heard of.

ConanTheStoner

all devs who make games I didn't like

ciorlandenis
#79 Posted by AcidThunder (2332 posts) -

Bioware

/hipster! :roll:

Rocker6
CDProject RED /(hipster) x2 :roll:
#80 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -
#81 Posted by yellosnolvr (19302 posts) -
yeah i had a good chuckle at the list
#82 Posted by R4gn4r0k (23995 posts) -

Devs like Nihilistic Software (now nStigate Games) and GRIN.

Because instead of putting all their effort into making one good game they just release multiple crappy games with zero effort put into them in the same year.

In Nihilistics case it was Resistance Burning Skies and COD: Black Ops Declassified last year and GRIN managed to top that by releasing three crappy games in 2009: Wanted, Bionic Commando and Terminator.

Why put any effort into making a good game when you can just ride on the success of a movie or game franchise and cash in ?

I hate that kind of attitude. I'm glad GRIN closed down and I hope nStigate will too.

#83 Posted by clr84651 (5627 posts) -

Bungie for siding with MS while they didn't have to. 

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
#84 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="dramaybaz"]People getting their devs and publishers mixed up.TheWalkingGhost
You do realize that EA, THQ and Akklaim are/were both, right? Just incase that was directed at those saying those. Ubisoft does development under subsidiary Ubisoft Montreal. LJN on the other hand was just a publisher, not sure about Phillips.

Although in 1989 Acclaim purchased LJN but LJN still published games.

Phillips I don't think they only published; Animation Magic developed Link: The Faces of Evil and Zelda: Wand of Gamelon; Viridis developed Zelda's Adventure; Fantasy Factory developed Hotel Mario.

#85 Posted by bobbetybob (19370 posts) -

Cheleman
Except they didn't even make Judgment, dammmmnnnnnn that's some bad trolling.
#86 Posted by sonic1564 (3265 posts) -

Nihlilistic and whoever is in charge of the price tags of the playstation products.

#87 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="dramaybaz"]People getting their devs and publishers mixed up.Nintendo_Ownes7

Phillips I don't think they only published; Animation Magic developed Link: The Faces of Evil and Zelda: Wand of Gamelon; Viridis developed Zelda's Adventure; Fantasy Factory developed Hotel Mario.

I don't think Phillips owned any of those companies. Oh and LMAO at people who don't know THQ and Acclaim are both Developers and Publishers.
#88 Posted by Badosh (12761 posts) -
Microsoft.
#89 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -
[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

bobbetybob
Except they didn't even make Judgment, dammmmnnnnnn that's some bad trolling.

Yes, what you did is some bad trolling. FYI, for anybody wondering. Yes, Epic games is one of the two developers for Gears of War: Judgment and they own the second one. :lol:
#90 Posted by Link3301 (2001 posts) -

THQ was a publisher and a pretty good one at that. Also, were is hammerpoint in this list.

#91 Posted by mixedplanet (1215 posts) -

Spark Unlimited, produced COD finest hour, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty and Legendary.

Now they got Lost Planet 3, expect it to be craptastic 

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
#92 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"]You do realize that EA, THQ and Akklaim are/were both, right? Just incase that was directed at those saying those. Ubisoft does development under subsidiary Ubisoft Montreal. LJN on the other hand was just a publisher, not sure about Phillips. TheWalkingGhost

I don't think Phillips owned any of those companies. Oh and LMAO at people who don't know THQ and Acclaim are both Developers and Publishers.

I know they don't own any of them; Vivendi purchased Animation Magic in 1998 and killed them in 2001.

I'm just saying that Phillips published them.

#93 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -

[QUOTE="TheWalkingGhost"][QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]Although in 1989 Acclaim purchased LJN but LJN still published games.

Nintendo_Ownes7

I know they don't own any of them; Vivendi purchased Animation Magic in 1998 and killed them in 2001.

I'm just saying that Phillips published them.

I know they did, but you did say you didn't think they only published. Guess I wanted some games they made.
#94 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7902 posts) -

Cheleman

So Epic is the worst ever because of a game they did not even make? It was People Can Fly. You really should have stayed banned.

#95 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -

[QUOTE="Cheleman"]

CanYouDiglt

So Epic is the worst ever because of a game they did not even make? It was People Can Fly. You really should have stayed banned.

They both made it and Epic owns majority stake in People Can Fly. Do your homework before you open your mouth.

#96 Posted by Drasonak (1515 posts) -
bigrigs/warz devSilenthps
Let's make this easier: PC gaming developers.
#97 Posted by DarkLink77 (32731 posts) -
[QUOTE="Silenthps"]bigrigs/warz devDrasonak
Let's make this easier: PC gaming developers.

I'm beginning to worry about you.
#98 Posted by Masenkoe (4897 posts) -

Why the hell is THQ on that list?MBirdy88

#99 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (8955 posts) -
Well, since we seem to be talking publishers, rather than developers, I would have to say that Midway was pretty bad by the time they finally went under.
#100 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (6092 posts) -
Well, since we seem to be talking publishers, rather than developers, I would have to say that Midway was pretty bad by the time they finally went under.PurpleMan5000
Midway developed arcade games.....You people really need to do some research.