world of speed - coming 2014, can apply for the beta

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by CrownKingArthur (3666 posts) -

here is the trailer, youtube, machinima - no ads, HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYNKzGKsfm0&hd=1

here is their official website - http://www.worldofspeed.com/

it seems to be an mmo f2p game, i'm not exactly sure how they will implement microtransactions, or a subscription or whatever.

they describe it as 'action racing', so iracing will probably remain superior for sim multiplayer racing. i'm guessing they'll go with a forgiving physics model, like forza / gt.

i think this could be a great game. i'm a bit confused as to why they are announcing this before project cars is out the door. also, i think f2p will only decrease the seriousness of opponents. if we're racing we're racing, not playing bumper cars. it will need a fair but strict ruleset.

#2 Edited by clyde46 (43437 posts) -

Why am I getting PGR vibes from this?

#3 Posted by bobbetybob (19086 posts) -

Bit weird, wish they'd just focus on Project CARS to be honest.

#4 Posted by wolverine4262 (18760 posts) -

Wow, thats really pretty!

#5 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6121 posts) -

Interesting. Much better than anything Xbone owners are getting, that's for sure.

#6 Posted by clyde46 (43437 posts) -

Interesting. Much better than anything Xbone owners are getting, that's for sure.

Same can be said for PS4 owners.

#7 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6121 posts) -

@clyde46 said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:

Sony will provide PS4 owners with many amazing experiences in the years to come.

Greatness just takes time.

#8 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3666 posts) -

@clyde46 said:
@speedfreak48t5p said:

Sony will provide PS4 owners with many amazing experiences in the years to come.

Greatness just takes time.

you have a faith based view of sony?

#9 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5882 posts) -

I remember when NFS Shift came out. I welcomed a new "sim" with open arms.

Then I quickly sent it on its way. I hope this has something that remotely resembles psychics.

#10 Posted by Couth_ (9915 posts) -

What the fuck is this and where is Project CARS

#11 Posted by TwistedShade (3119 posts) -

On one hand the studio has a lot of experience in car based games, on the other hand those graphics come off as something I would see on an Ipad.

Not sure what it is they just look really shiny, and I feel like I've seen a mobile racer look a lot like that before.