World Exclusive: Durango unveiled!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts
CPU. - x64 Architecture - 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz) - each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache - each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache - each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources - each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock GPU. - custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor - 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads - each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle - at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present Storage and Memory: - 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s) - 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s) http://www.vgleaks.com/world-exclusive-durango-unveiled/ Interesting info..
heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

8 Gigs of ram. Hmmm. Sounds good.

Avatar image for fernandmondego_
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fernandmondego_
Member since 2005 • 3170 Posts
Not good enough, I want more power.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tormentos
Apparently and like it was rumored it can push 1.2 TF,but the bandwidth is higher thanks to the 32MB ESRAM,giving it 176GB/S bandwidth,much better than DDR3 alone,now that would be a strength vs the PS4 in games like Skyrim and other very large open world games,is not as fast as the PS4 one but is close..
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

So will it run Agni's philosophy

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kaszilla
Member since 2011 • 1841 Posts
You really want the 720 to have these specs dont you?
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

I don't know why these rumors keep saying an 8 core CPU @ 1.6 GHz... That is just horrible. That's laptop grade.

If it was more like 2.8 GHz it would be far more believable.

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Kaszilla
Apparently and like it was rumored it can push 1.2 TF,but the bandwidth is higher thanks to the 32MB ESRAM,giving it 176GB/S bandwidth,much better than DDR3 alone,now that would be a strength vs the PS4 in games like Skyrim and other very large open world games,is not as fast as the PS4 one but is close..tormentos
You dont know the ps4's specs..
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Supabul

It's about half the GPU.

And funny enough, I just read about a 768 shader AMD GPU

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/768-shader-pitcairn-review,3196-5.html

Cheleman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cheleman
Member since 2012 • 8198 Posts
Vegeta! Ladies & Gentlemen! Next up: Goku:cool:
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Even if they got every single detail completely right, until MS says so and shows us their next console all these rumours are exactly that...just rumours.

Having said that, if those were the specs (or close to the real thing) I don't think anyone would be disappointed to be honest. Seems pretty good IMO.

Desmonic
I'd be disappointed.
Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kaszilla

[url=http://www.vgleaks.com/world-exclusive-durango-unveiled/ http://www.vgleaks.com/world-exclusive-durango-unveiled/ .

fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fernandmondego_

They just need to stick 3 7970s in there with 24GB of ram.

Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

I'd be disappointed. Inconsistancy

Ditto... Those specs are not impressive.

Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Kaszilla
So if these specs were true, how would they be impressive or disappointing compared to high end or mid range PCs?
Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

OMG.....68GB/s?? Just twice the memory speed of the X360?? That's not fast enough to utilize the GPU. GPU's today use DDR5, and they get atleast around 192GB/s. The Nvidia Geforce 690 can do 384GB/s. This console will struggle in performance if this is true.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts
Should be able to handle MS's direction
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
sad thread this guy wishes that next xbox is weaker than ps4..so he can say his new plastic girlfriend is marginal more powerful...but we all know is going to be just like last gen :cool:
marklarmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 marklarmer
Member since 2004 • 3883 Posts

You really want the 720 to have these specs dont you? Kaszilla
well yeah after a whole generation of the PS3 supposedly being far more powerful than the 360 and then not really proving it, cows are desperate for the PS4 to be obviously more powerful on paper and graphically, regardless of whether it costs twice as much and wipes any remaining value off Sonys stock. TBH i think it would be better for SW sake, we'll probably have a couple months of cows declaring the PS4 is "twice as powerful" as the next Xbox before people get it out of their system, though thats better than another generation of arguing over minute (and in most cases fictional) graphical differences.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44060 Posts

Noperzzz... This should read more like... World Exclusive: Durango Defiled. :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tormentos

I don't know why these rumors keep saying an 8 core CPU @ 1.6 GHz... That is just horrible. That's laptop grade.

If it was more like 2.8 GHz it would be far more believable.

Truth_Hurts_U
Clock speed means nothing.. A CPU with 1.6 clock speed can be more efficient that one that is clocked at 2.8,i am sure this CPU is way more effective than the Xenon which is 3 cores 6 threads at 3.2 GHZ.
Kaszilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Kaszilla
sad thread this guy wishes that next xbox is weaker than ps4..so he can say his new plastic girlfriend is marginal more powerful...but we all know is going to be just like last gen :cool:Tessellation
Lets hope its not like PS2/Xbox
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I love how the Obris's specs are almost the exact same as the Durango's specs. The two consoles are going to be as close as the Xbox 360 and PS3 are in terms of power. This means both Microsoft and Sony are going to have to do other things to make their console stand apart.

I like that. I hate there being huge gaps in power between consoles. Makes it more difficult on developers.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Supabul

Not even close.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-59b71619573a1

I love how the Obris's specs are almost the exact same as the Durango's specs. The two consoles are going to be as close as the Xbox 360 and PS3 are in terms of power. This means both Microsoft and Sony are going to have to do other things to make their console stand apart.

I like that. I hate there being huge gaps in power between consoles. Makes it more difficult on developers.

Wasdie

Yet, wait for the endless battles here where people claim one is far superior than the other because certain devs get certain results out of them.

But yeah having them very close is cool, we might finally see them try to innovate a bit more instead of pushing visuals first

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tormentos

[QUOTE="Supabul"]

Inconsistancy

It's about half the GPU.

And funny enough, I just read about a 768 shader AMD GPU

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/768-shader-pitcairn-review,3196-5.html

In teraflops performance is basically a 7770GHZ edition Cape verde which hit the spot at 1.28 TF,but the clock,but this one is clocked at 800mhz,so it should be based on a newer model that is down clock so it end with 1.2TF like the 7770. http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7770-7750-benchmark,3135.html
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tormentos

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"][QUOTE="Desmonic"]

Even if they got every single detail completely right, until MS says so and shows us their next console all these rumours are exactly that...just rumours.

Having said that, if those were the specs (or close to the real thing) I don't think anyone would be disappointed to be honest. Seems pretty good IMO.

Desmonic

I'd be disappointed.

You're always disappointed though :P Seriously though, consoles wont ever reach PC's at this point (the jump in tech in the past gen was just too damn enormous) but compared to previous entries (PS3/Xbox 360) these seem like pretty good "jumps".

Yes they could but sony and MS are tire of losses is understandable. The fact is that this leaks all fit perfectly with MS leaks,5 to 6 times the performance of the 360,while sony was aiming for 8 to 10.. The 360 is a 200+ GF the 720 1,200+ Gflops basically 6 times better..
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Wasdie  Moderator

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

seanmcloughlin

Yet, wait for the endless battles here where people claim one is far superior than the other because certain devs get certain results out of them.

But yeah having them very close is cool, we might finally see them try to innovate a bit more instead of pushing visuals first

There is a lot of stuff they could do with their online networks and operating systems that would be great.

I would love to see the consoles have a more open online structure to allow patches and updates far more quickly and frequently. This would open up F2P games to the consoles and open up a whole new level of gaming for console gamers.

Imagine the PS4 launching with a PS4 specific versionof Planetside 2 on launch. All you would need to do is buy a PS4 and you can play Planetside 2 for free, just like if you had a PC. Think of how amazing that would be and the potential for other F2P games.

They should also focus more on DD, force publishers to start pricing their games more competitively rather than just pricing at $60 constantly. DD + F2P = cheaper quality gaming = win/win for all gamers.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tessellation
[QUOTE="Tessellation"]sad thread this guy wishes that next xbox is weaker than ps4..so he can say his new plastic girlfriend is marginal more powerful...but we all know is going to be just like last gen :cool:Kaszilla
Lets hope its not like PS2/Xbox

Its going to be xbox 360 vs ps3 gen once again.
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tormentos
sad thread this guy wishes that next xbox is weaker than ps4..so he can say his new plastic girlfriend is marginal more powerful...but we all know is going to be just like last gen :cool:Tessellation
Wow such pain already and sony hasn't even show a unreachable target CG..:lol:
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

At this point, I'd rather see a picture of the damn thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Wasdie

There is a lot of stuff they could do with their online networks and operating systems that would be great.

I would love to see the consoles have a more open online structure to allow patches and updates far more quickly and frequently. This would open up F2P games to the consoles and open up a whole new level of gaming for console gamers.

Imagine the PS4 launching with a PS4 specific versionof Planetside 2 on launch. All you would need to do is buy a PS4 and you can play Planetside 2 for free, just like if you had a PC. Think of how amazing that would be and the potential for other F2P games.

They should also focus more on DD, force publishers to start pricing their games more competitively rather than just pricing at $60 constantly. DD + F2P = cheaper quality gaming = win/win for all gamers.

Do you honestly expect that to happen though? Way it seems to be going is opposite to that and they're closing and clamping down the systems more.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

seanmcloughlin

They'll push even harder ._.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
God help us if next generation games are developed first from slow ass DDR3. :lol:
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wasdie  Moderator

Do you honestly expect that to happen though? Way it seems to be going is opposite to that and they're closing and clamping down the systems more.

seanmcloughlin

I think that could happen. SoE is leading the charge with F2P gaming and it's paying off for them. Sony would be crazy not to follow with the PS4.

I don't know about Microsoft. It seems they are dead set on charging for XBL.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Tessellation
[QUOTE="Tessellation"]sad thread this guy wishes that next xbox is weaker than ps4..so he can say his new plastic girlfriend is marginal more powerful...but we all know is going to be just like last gen :cool:tormentos

we know who is the desperate one here making threads about xbox specs,i know my comments get under your skin :cool:
tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tormentos
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="Tessellation"]sad thread this guy wishes that next xbox is weaker than ps4..so he can say his new plastic girlfriend is marginal more powerful...but we all know is going to be just like last gen :cool:Tessellation

we know who is the desperate one here making threads about xbox specs,i know my comments get under your skin :cool:

Well you are the one coming into my thread complaining about it,so who get under who's skin...:lol:
fernandmondego_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fernandmondego_
God help us if next generation games are developed first from slow ass DDR3. :lol:-Renegade
DDR4
Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Tessellation
[QUOTE="tormentos"][QUOTE="Tessellation"][QUOTE="tormentos"] Wow such pain already and sony hasn't even show a unreachable target CG..:lol:

Well you are the one coming into my thread complaining about it,so who get under who's skin...:lol:

nah i just came here to make fun of you..butthurt dwellers entertain me :cool:
Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts
So is this about the strength of 3-4 WiiU's?
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#44 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

the GPU has 12 cores with 768 threads. Is that the same as a stream processor or pipelines? I always thought when the specs of a GPU said it had like 800 stream processors that they were actual physical cores... No?

burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#45 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

I don't understand what any of this means. This is why all these rumours annoy me. I don't understand a word of them. I seriously can't wait for the consoles to be unveiled, and actually show me what the consoles can do.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Not good enough, I want more power.fernandmondego_

I AM ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROLLLL

*makes 720 more powerful*

There ya go

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#47 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Hmmm....are those good specs or not?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
Are these leaks again? Or the actual specs?
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

I don't understand what any of this means. This is why all these rumours annoy me. I don't understand a word of them. I seriously can't wait for the consoles to be unveiled, and actually show me what the consoles can do.

burgeg

I care little about the spec sheet of consoles and can barely understand them.I'm not expecting the next gen xbox and PS systems to be an OMG leap over the 360 and PS3 anyway because of factors like heat.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="Desmonic"]

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"] I'd be disappointed. tormentos

You're always disappointed though :P Seriously though, consoles wont ever reach PC's at this point (the jump in tech in the past gen was just too damn enormous) but compared to previous entries (PS3/Xbox 360) these seem like pretty good "jumps".

Yes they could but sony and MS are tire of losses is understandable. The fact is that this leaks all fit perfectly with MS leaks,5 to 6 times the performance of the 360,while sony was aiming for 8 to 10.. The 360 is a 200+ GF the 720 1,200+ Gflops basically 6 times better..

You can't Use Gflops or TFlops to determine how powerful a console is.The 720 could be more then 6X stronger then the 360.