Wolfenstein The New Order Hype Thread

• 121 results
#101 Edited by Cranler (8379 posts) -

@Cranler

Exactly what tactics is a boss gona be able to do if a single hit instakills you.... Theres no room for strategy. You get hit ... You die... The end. Its that simple.

And I'm not derailing the topic its not hard dying and reapeating crap that youve already mastered leading up to the thing that killed you (most likely by a cheap shot)... That just repeating something you already know you're good at just for the priveledge of having a 2nd shot at the thing that killed you. Its a waste of time. Its Artificial Difficulty. And only bad games do that. Even if I died and restarted the encounter from the beginning of the challenge that killed me, its its still a waste of time cause I gotta deal with a stupid game over screen and wait for the game to reload the challenge. Thats why I say death is pointless. Thats why I prefer Prince of Persia's rescues system. If you take enough damage... elika will save you... Your opponent will use this chance to refill its HP.... Its the Exact same thing that wouldve happened if you died and restarted the encounter only far far more effecient. I can't believe people looked down on the game for that.

What you're advocating is just time wasting and sadist tactics. And those are outdated design concepts that most devs stopped using for a really good reason.

Some people are quite good at games, so good they can breeze through the toughest boss fights without being hit once. Those are the kinds of people the highest difficulty modes are for. And the bosses tactic will be to try to hit the player just once. The players strategy is to not get hit at all.

Repeating crap you've mastered? How do you know the player mastered it? Just because you play a section well once doesn't mean you can do it every time.

So you believe it's ok to spam the quick save key every moment you play well?

Checkpoints are an outdated design concept? I don't know what games you're playing but most of the games i play now have ditched the quick save and use checkpoints. Far Cry was the first high profile pc action game that dropped quick saving and many were upset at the fact that you actually had to truly beat the area instead of quicksaving and quick loading anytime you made a mistake.

#102 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

@Cranler

Yeah I hear ya... But I was always against quicksave spamming. I already mention only a bad game allows you to quicksave in the middle of a confrontation, theres no point discussing how this feature affects bad games.

Anyway yeah if you managed to scrape by an encounter then you can get through it again without dying just like the 1st Time. Perhaps you haven't Mastered it, but you're good enough to get through... And thats enough. Far Cry would be Fine with Quick Save so long as the deactivate them when your near baddies.

#103 Edited by thereal25 (328 posts) -

Aren't fps still the most popular gaming genre?

If so, then why are people predicting a 7 or an 8 and saying things like "just another shooter". Why wouldn't the new order be worthy of a 9 or a 10?

#104 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

@thereal25

Its best not to think about it.

#105 Posted by thereal25 (328 posts) -

Well, I guess we'll see soon enough.

#106 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

@thereal25

Not Really... Some people really know how to commit no matter how much a game sucks. You can beT SNIPER will one of those people since he's riding the Hype train pretty hard in 1st class.

#107 Edited by thereal25 (328 posts) -

@thereal25

Not Really... Some people really know how to commit no matter how much a game sucks. You can beT SNIPER will one of those people since he's riding the Hype train pretty hard in 1st class.

lol I suppose it's hard to lose face like that.

But still, I have high hopes 4 this game. And higher hopes still of DOOM!!!!!

#108 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

@thereal25

Doom 3 scared the living crap out of me... I hope Doom 4 can make me wet myself ! :p

#109 Edited by thereal25 (328 posts) -
#110 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

If so, then why are people predicting a 7 or an 8 and saying things like "just another shooter". Why wouldn't the new order be worthy of a 9 or a 10?

Well the last game wasn't exactly great.

#111 Edited by thereal25 (328 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@thereal25 said:

ah yeah, good point; I kind of forgot about that.

I never actually played it - but I did play return to castle wolf a few years back.

#112 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@thereal25 said:

I never actually played it - but I did play return to castle wolf a few years back.

It wasn't bad either and maybe having Bethseda behind it people think of how buggy their FO games are?

, I'm expecting an 8.0 on this new game and that is a good mark.

#113 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

correction: Mainstream console online shooter is popular genre

if u mention Stalker to mainstream gamers. they would not even know game exist or not.

#114 Posted by sSubZerOo (43018 posts) -

I am just trying to figure out why the game requires a I7 as a minimum requirement to run? That seems absurd.

#115 Posted by Joedgabe (5093 posts) -

more popular only means the more widely available and the more competition there is for it. If anything it makes it harder for it to score higher because it's already been done a lot of times.

#116 Posted by with_teeth26 (6026 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@thereal25 said:

Well its being made by totally different developers so thats not really relevant to how good this new one is. The last Wolfenstein played up the mysticism angle whereas this one is more about technology and a alternate history scenario about what the 60's would be like of the Nazis won the war.

Not saying its guaranteed great, just that you cant use the previous Wolf game as a indicator for this ones quality.

#117 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9943 posts) -

@SNIPER4321

I 1st heard about Stalker 2 years ago. Not bad right ?

#119 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6659 posts) -

@thereal25 said:

correction: Mainstream console online shooter is popular genre

if u mention Stalker to mainstream gamers. they would not even know game exist or not.

Stalker sucks Bro. Such a casual Russian PC shooter.

#120 Posted by Dragerdeifrit (230 posts) -

i'd like to buy 2 copies of this game just because i wanna suppoort the no MP in SP games Idea, my hype is AA 7.0 or 7.5 , no way in hell wolfenstein will get more that that in todays websties, they luv their dudebro multiplayer shooters.

#121 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6659 posts) -

i'd like to buy 2 copies of this game just because i wanna suppoort the no MP in SP games Idea, my hype is AA 7.0 or 7.5 , no way in hell wolfenstein will get more that that in todays websties, they luv their dudebro multiplayer shooters.

That's a really stupid reason for buying 2 copies of a game.

#122 Posted by quakke (166 posts) -

@speedfreak48t5p: Not really. Atleast the guy is willing to give his support. I also support good games anyday over some "Call of Kiddo: Operation Black Pampers"

#123 Edited by sukraj (21902 posts) -

we're getting ever so closer to release.