Wolfenstein: The New Order | 'House of the Rising Sun'

• 79 results
#1 Posted by Slashkice (13055 posts) -

--

Another great trailer for what looks like a genuinely fun game. The only negative I've seen so far is that giant day 1 patch.

Are you getting the game, System Wars?

#2 Edited by uninspiredcup (7861 posts) -

This title will flop. 100-200k units sold. The developers probably know it, the publishers. The 7's from reviewers will simply perpetuate the dismal sales revenue.

Just hold off for a steam sale you guys, trust me.

#3 Posted by clr84651 (5365 posts) -

It looks like a real BLAST! I have it preordered. I want to see the review scores.

#4 Edited by clr84651 (5365 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

This title will flop. 100-200k units sold. The developers probably know it, the publishers. The 7's from reviewers will simply perpetuate the dismal sales revenue.

What you've played it? No reason to trust you otherwise. Reviews will be out and then we'll judge.

#5 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10350 posts) -

....I want to go to the mother fucking moon. :(

I really do want this game to be good.

#6 Edited by uninspiredcup (7861 posts) -
#7 Edited by scottpsfan14 (3830 posts) -

Quite a cynical way of looking at things in my opinion.

#8 Edited by uninspiredcup (7861 posts) -

Eh, it's objective. the last one which isn't that old and to the casual joe-smoe observer, all that visually different, didn't sell well at all. It's sort of amazing to me they even made another one so soon. It seems like an incredibly (and obvious) poor move.

#9 Edited by PS4hasNOgames (1393 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

It will flop on pc because you guys pirate it to death. It will sell GREAT on consoles, considering how PS4 and X1 have been a bit slow to churn out new releases. Next genn adopters want new games and since its a shooter it will sell great.

PC sucks ass and isn't fun. go cry.

#10 Edited by uninspiredcup (7861 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@uninspiredcup said:

It will flop on pc because you guys pirate it to death. It will sell GREAT on consoles, considering how PS4 and X1 have been a bit slow to churn out new releases. Next genn adopters want new games and since its a shooter it will sell great.

PC sucks ass and isn't fun. go cry.

Very true.

#11 Posted by NFJSupreme (5154 posts) -

you console guys make me laugh. Anyway getting this on PC somewhere down the line. I have too many games to play right now to pay full price for this. Wouldn't really be able to dive into it the way I want to.

#12 Posted by clr84651 (5365 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

What you've played it? No reason to trust you otherwise. Reviews will be out and then we'll judge.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/11759-wolfenstein-combined-sales-barely-break-100k/

My friend, I'm actually being generous with that number.

That's not Wolfenstein The New Order. There's more interest with this latest one as it comes at a time when people are looking for good games to play since it's only 6 months after release of the new consoles. Past ones may or may not reflect what newer ones will do. When the reviews come out & we get sales figures down the road then we'll know. At this point it's all opinion.

#13 Edited by clr84651 (5365 posts) -

Eh, it's objective. the last one which isn't that old and to the casual joe-smoe observer, all that visually different, didn't sell well at all. It's sort of amazing to me they even made another one so soon. It seems like an incredibly (and obvious) poor move.

It's not a poor move since it comes at a time when people are looking for good games to play at this point after release of the new consoles. If they release it later down the road when there's much more competition it could do worse. Logic dude, it's perfect timing.

#14 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1393 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/11759-wolfenstein-combined-sales-barely-break-100k/

you will feel stupid when it goes on to sell over a million copies.

#15 Edited by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Well the game doesn't seem to be taking it's self seriously. That's a plus. All they are showing us in terms of gameplay is cobbled together setpieces though. I'm tired of these kinds of FPS.

#16 Posted by Heil68 (43484 posts) -

I think I'm just going to rent it since I'm buying Mario Kart and Watch Dogs this month.

#17 Edited by blangenakker (2228 posts) -

I want a playable demo. A game like this needs a playable demo.

#18 Posted by uninspiredcup (7861 posts) -
@clr84651 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

It's not a poor move since it comes at a time when people are looking for good games to play at this point after release of the new consoles. If they release it later down the road when there's much more competition it could do worse. Logic dude, it's perfect timing.

My friend, I understand what you are saying but I was of course speaking as the games fruition. It's a doomed cause.

#19 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

I want this game to be good. I don't think it will be.

#20 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13452 posts) -

That trailer presented the game in such a different way than their earlier stuff.

This genuinely looks pretty rad, time to kill some of my distant relatives.

#21 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (5790 posts) -

I'll definitely be buying it day 1 next week... Looks cool I think.

#22 Edited by with_teeth26 (6058 posts) -

I think you are wrong about The New Order. I expect a lot of 8-9 reviews, I know people who have played it at E3 and the like and they seemed really enthusiastic about it. It also has a pretty big marketing push behind it. Different devs from 2009's game, different style. I heard them say they were basically ignoring that games existence in a interview.

I think the games biggest enemy will be piracy since its singleplayer only.

#23 Edited by aroxx_ab (9280 posts) -

Looks like another game you play through in one night and never play/touch again. 5-8hrs gameplay...not worth $60 if you ask me. Sure it is not as bad like Metal Gear Ground Zero...but still.

#24 Posted by Basinboy (11059 posts) -

I really, really want this game to turn out good...

but I can't bring myself to think it will be anything but a flop.

#25 Posted by Liquid_ (2441 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

you are comparing raven software with bethesda.

how is this even relevant? game will score a solid 8-9 and will sell well

#26 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13452 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

I think you are wrong about The New Order. I expect a lot of 8-9 reviews, I know people who have played it at E3 and the like and they seemed really enthusiastic about it. It also has a pretty big marketing push behind it. Different devs from 2009's game, different style. I heard them say they were basically ignoring that games existence in a interview.

They really should have included some MP, RTCW's Mp was the shit, gray matter did such a great job.

#27 Edited by sts106mat (19042 posts) -

I am no longer getting it day one....gonna stick with watchdogs...

I might wait for it to come on PS+ if it is decent

#28 Posted by _Matt_ (8868 posts) -

Dayum, still want it a lot.

#29 Posted by 7MDMA (289 posts) -

@with_teeth26 said:
@uninspiredcup said:

They really should have included some MP, RTCW's Mp was the shit, gray matter did such a great job.

RTCW had the best team based MP ever.

#30 Edited by Sollet (7343 posts) -

I really don't see... The appeal of this game.. But I guess others do - so good for them!

#31 Posted by uninspiredcup (7861 posts) -

Aside from a strange, out of place, shitty stealth section, RTCW was a fucking great game both in SP and MP.

#32 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16871 posts) -

it will sell well because there's barely any games right now for next gen

#33 Posted by sukraj (22161 posts) -

I'll definitely be buying it day 1 next week... Looks cool I think.

I'm looking forward to buying this too next week I cannot wait.

#34 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2423 posts) -

i love this song so much even though it's just a cover

#35 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18364 posts) -

Day one buy for me, I can't wait.

#36 Posted by Bigboi500 (29352 posts) -

One of the greatest songs ever.

#37 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

best on PC

#38 Posted by faizanhd (189 posts) -

Why is everyone so cynical ? Just wait and see if the game is good before going "Shooters are dumb hur dur"

Two words: Machine Games.

#39 Posted by IgGy621985 (4629 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Congrats on finding the news and Wolfenstein title from 2009.

#40 Posted by Flubbbs (2974 posts) -

preordered and picking it up on Tuesday evening.. dont care what the reviews are, this game looks like good fun

#41 Edited by Doom_HellKnight (12193 posts) -

My pre-order was shipped yesterday with 24 hour delivery. Hopefully it comes tomorrow, but I'll be happy with release date. Super excited for this. Looks like a lot of fun.

#42 Posted by wolverine4262 (19055 posts) -

That was sick! I dunno if ill be able to wait for this to get cheap.

#43 Posted by ChronosChris (206 posts) -

Preordered for £39 on PS4. Never played a wolfenstein game before, so not sure what to expect.

#44 Posted by Liquid_ (2441 posts) -
#45 Posted by sukraj (22161 posts) -

when will gamespot review this game?

#46 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16299 posts) -

@sukraj said:

Wondering that as well. Anyone know when review embargo lifts ?

This game is coming out in 13 hours...

#47 Posted by sukraj (22161 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@sukraj said:

Wondering that as well. Anyone know when review embargo lifts ?

This game is coming out in 13 hours...

Yeah gamespot are always late when it comes to reviewing games, I'm looking forward to picking this up on the 20th

#48 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16299 posts) -

@sukraj said:

Yeah gamespot are always late when it comes to reviewing games, I'm looking forward to picking this up on the 20th

They are probably waiting for review embargo to lift. No reviews out yet :(

#49 Posted by sukraj (22161 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@sukraj said:

They are probably waiting for review embargo to lift. No reviews out yet :(

Are you picking it up

#50 Edited by R4gn4r0k (16299 posts) -

@sukraj said:

Are you picking it up

Yeah, I am. I played and loved all Wolfenstein shooters. This one is from a new studio though, but everything I've seen so far looks really good.

Are you getting it ?