wolfenstein new order - pirated already

#1 Edited by CrownKingArthur (3744 posts) -

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/wolfenstein-the-new-order-already-leaked-one-week-before-release/

Scene group ‘COLLATERAL’ has already leaked the PS3 version of the game that can be played right away – provided you have jailbroken your console.

Moreover – and according to various reports – the X360 version* will be leaked really ‘soon’ (which may translate to a day or two).

for those of you who are disappointed the pc version is not yet available

As usual, the PC version has not been leaked yet, proving that piracy is a big issue even on consoles. The PC version of Wolfenstein: The New Order is powered by Steam’s DRM, meaning that it will not be leaked until the game has been unlocked on various regions.

regarding those words of John Papadopoulos, the author of this article - i agree. video game piracy is an issue unrestricted by platform.

anyway maybe people want to talk about this, the state of piracy today versus how things were at the beginning of last gen etc.

some quick thoughts of mine - piracy will always exist on every platform, i think devs/publishers would be best to try and minimise it rather than eliminate it.

#2 Edited by freedomfreak (38182 posts) -

Dirty console pirates.

Not to derail the topic, but check out this Day 1 patch for Wolfenstein, man.
Link.

#3 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9408 posts) -

Good job, gamers. Can't wait to see the first idiot to come in here and defend piracy.

#4 Posted by Animal-Mother (26203 posts) -

Well can they at least let us know if it's good or not?

I want to buy this game but i'm not sure I should buy this game.

#5 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3744 posts) -

@freedomfreak: that's all right man. yeah i saw that, with my new connection a 5-7 gig patch would take only some 30 to 40mins. but still, that's pretty hefty. not a lot of people live in areas with good internet infrastructure.

#6 Posted by Joedgabe (5090 posts) -

Good job, gamers. Can't wait to see the first idiot to come in here and defend piracy.

I'm not going to defend them because it is stealing.. however i can't say i'm for placing DRM restrictions in video games considering that the'res quite a bit of games that sell quite a good deal of copies just for being a good game. Though some sell well being a half assed made/released game ( COD, BF4 )

#7 Posted by lundy86_4 (42650 posts) -

#8 Posted by CroidX (926 posts) -

Yep, many games have been pirated before they are officially released on console

#9 Posted by CleanPlayer (9765 posts) -

I'm sure I'm not the only one who struggles with the double standard of pirating music and video-games, but nevertheless this sucks for developers

#10 Edited by EducatingU_PCMR (475 posts) -

Those peasant pirates.

#11 Posted by Motokid6 (5016 posts) -

People steal things..

#12 Posted by wis3boi (30883 posts) -

always the consoles first

#13 Edited by Cloud_imperium (1786 posts) -

Console pirates .

#14 Posted by pelvist (4466 posts) -

The squalid peasants at it again.

#15 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

mha

anyways is it me or has there been nearly no advertising for this game?

#16 Posted by Roler42 (470 posts) -

And to think people were petitioning against a port for GTA V because "PC gamers are pirates"

I mean geez... Say what you will about hermits, but they at least respect release dates, lol

#17 Edited by foxhound_fox (86864 posts) -

Dirty PC bast... oh hey, look at that.

#18 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (5127 posts) -

Nobody was going to buy it anyway.

#19 Posted by Cloud_imperium (1786 posts) -
#20 Posted by WallofTruth (1059 posts) -

Games almost always leak first on consoles, dirty console pirates!

Jk on the last part but seriously, piracy is a big issue on consoles as well.

#21 Edited by MonsieurX (28661 posts) -
#22 Posted by billing (609 posts) -
#23 Edited by lawlessx (46248 posts) -

but..i thought only ..PC gamers...

#24 Posted by getyeryayasout (6879 posts) -

Well shiver me timbers...

#25 Edited by remiks00 (1533 posts) -
#26 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13704 posts) -

Console peasants are poor, so of course they will pirate the game if they can.

#27 Edited by sukraj (21604 posts) -

silly pirates

#28 Posted by RyanBurnsRed (14 posts) -

This can go right on up there with Halo 4 and GTA V that were on torrent sites before the release.

Most PC games don't show up on torrents until a few days after the release, or sometimes on the same day.

There are already walkthroughs /playthroughs of this game on Youtube as well.

#29 Edited by Snugenz (11409 posts) -

50gig for the next gen versions apparently...

#30 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28309 posts) -

lolololol oh such bullshit.

""As usual, the PC version has not been leaked yet, proving that piracy is a big issue even on consoles. The PC version of Wolfenstein: The New Order is powered by Steam’s DRM, meaning that it will not be leaked until the game has been unlocked on various regions.""

lol so basically PC piracy is vastly worse than console piracy, but because Steam is DRM this proves that notion wrong? even though once its unlocked it will be pirated copies will be available because people already pirate steam games.

#31 Posted by sukraj (21604 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

50gig for the next gen versions apparently...

50 gig dam that is huge.

#32 Posted by uninspiredcup (6843 posts) -

The game will flop anyway I think. The last Wolfenstien title had absolute shit sales, it's baffling why they would make a sequel.

#33 Posted by wis3boi (30883 posts) -

lolololol oh such bullshit.

""As usual, the PC version has not been leaked yet, proving that piracy is a big issue even on consoles. The PC version of Wolfenstein: The New Order is powered by Steam’s DRM, meaning that it will not be leaked until the game has been unlocked on various regions.""

lol so basically PC piracy is vastly worse than console piracy, but because Steam is DRM this proves that notion wrong? even though once its unlocked it will be pirated copies will be available because people already pirate steam games.

I guess reading comprehension and actual facts aren't your thing

#34 Edited by uninspiredcup (6843 posts) -

wis3boi can you change your avatar please, it looks like a underage child showing under boob over and over. Just because it's animated, doesn't make it ok. Really bad taste my friend. Seriously, not joking.

#35 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5885 posts) -

Y'all know I don't be liking the pirates.

#36 Posted by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

Pc version hasn't been leaked yet, because it requires someone to own the game first....and many PC gamers are too tight to pay full price

#37 Posted by KungfuKitten (20665 posts) -

Maybe this will drive sales?

#38 Edited by Snugenz (11409 posts) -

Pc version hasn't been leaked yet, because it requires someone to own the game first....and many PC gamers are too tight to pay full price

You're assuming that the people who initially pirate the console versions actually purchase their copies?, come on matt, you're not that naive are ya?.

#39 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15761 posts) -

Bunch of no-good, free-loading, low-life scum.....I hope they fail in life.

#40 Edited by sts106mat (18758 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@sts106mat said:

You're assuming that the people who initially pirate the console versions actually purchase their copies?, come on matt, you're not that naive are ya?.

nah, it was just a joke..i hate piracy, always have always will. I dont watch pirate movies or play pirate games (Pirates of the carribean & Assassin's creed IV) excluded lol

#41 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2121 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

always the consoles first

#42 Edited by Snugenz (11409 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@sts106mat said:

nah, it was just a joke..i hate piracy, always have always will. I dont watch pirate movies or play pirate games (Pirates of the carribean & Assassin's creed IV) excluded lol

Ah good good ;)

#43 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (5885 posts) -

Pirates can be cute and cuddly too!!